#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Good morning ladies. oh wait it's afternoon already. Love hearing about your motherhood experiences. I of course have absolutely nothing to add on the subject. I'm one of those people at your house coming to see the baby when all you want to do it rest. :cryingwlaughter:

Heh. I'm gonna be like couchie today...View New Posts link

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

KF..whoooo..YOU look adorable!

Man, we were YOUNG back in the day...

and some of us (me) were SKINNy too. LOL

Oooo.....baby stories.

My first was highly anticipated and planned for....we were ready! NOT! I only thought I was ready. Unbelievable pain, no drugs..I'm pretty sure I called that nice sweet nurse a horribly filthy name. Plus long-awaited-little-bundle-of-joy had colic for nine months. I had planned to go back to work after he was born, but he cried every waking minute and I wanted to kill him. I thought "If I want to kill my own child, what would the babysitter do? She's not his mother." So I stayed home for a year. When he outgrew the colic, he was the most agreeable, gentle, angelic little boy you'd ever want to see - and still is at 24.

With my second, I walked in the door of the hospital and said "Give me drugs...NOW!" And they did. I laughed all the way through the delivery, and oddly enough, that baby was a clown from the first minute she breathed air. It's kind of like she came into the world amid laughter and decided to keep it up.

I wouldn't trade those memories for all the money in the world.....and there's not enough money in the world to make me do it again! :cryingwlaughter:

OH God I can't stand TWoP and their power hungry mods LOL. I refused to acknowledge their warning and wrote him an email. This is STOOOOPID. Delete my membership. LOL. That felt good. When TAR starts I'll go into withdrawal heee but I'll just postho in our thread.

Postho'ing -- browsing through my photobucket albums today I ran across this article from the Wall Street Journal which I cut, scanned, and intended to post, but I don't think I ever did. Anyway, it's about Walmart and retail sales of CDs. I found it interesting.

th_WalmartCDSales-1.jpg

th_WalmartCDSales-2.jpg

kf... you were a PYT for sure... me, too, back in the day... LOL

The stories are fun, so it's my turn...

My oldest was placenta previa, which means the placenta was positioned over the mouth of the womb. I was on bedrest the last 2.5 months, except for pottie breaks. My DH would fix my breakfast and leave my lunch next to the couch when he left for work in the morning. I could only watch one tv channel cause we had an old B&W without a remote. One morning on my pottie run I gushed a huge blood clot. Scared me to death cause if the placenta came loose the baby would get no oxygen. I called the doctor/hospital and laid on the bed. My idiot DH took the time to shave while I lay there with my uterus contracted the whole time outta fear. They took me into surgery and she was born just fine... whew! Then, however, cause of the extreme stress, I went into shock. Could.not.quit.shaking even with several heated blankets on. Nasty!

Even tho nursing was rare in those days (my only help was the La Leche League book), I nursed her until my MIL decided to pay us a visit at 6wks. That stressed me out so much that the baby quit nursing. My DH and I lived out here in Long Beach at the time and had no relatives at all west of the Mississippi, so I was on my own with no experience. I was sooo scared of drowning her, that she got sponge baths for the first month. :cryingwlaughter:

Two more kids, two more c-sections but no real problems with either. I went into labor at midnight the night before my last c-section. I was already in the hospital prepped for surgery. So I got to experience 6 hours of labor and my back hurt for weeks in addition to the surgery recovery. Good thing DS was worth it! :cryingwlaughter:

OH God I can't stand TWoP and their power hungry mods LOL. I refused to acknowledge their warning and wrote him an email. This is STOOOOPID. Delete my membership. LOL. That felt good. When TAR starts I'll go into withdrawal heee but I'll just postho in our thread.

I sympathize couchie. The ID I'd had since 2005 bit the dust recenlty when I first was warned for being "snippy" (me??? bats eyelashes) after responding to a troll with one sentence, and then, second, got tired of Cook fans going on and on about how they were so much more special than Archie fans and not at all rabid or organized. I wrote a post in which I quoted Jacob three times calling the Cook fans Claymates, pointed out that the thread had been locked several times, and then said the only reason they aren't rabid yet is because they haven't experienced much trolling, and because they are being allowed to run a defacto fan club in the TwoP thread. BANNED. Of course now he's got an admin note saying, "You will not turn this thread into a defacto fan club," he banned tons of people, and the thread is pretty dead. LOL. Now my new ID has a warning, and there isn't even a box to acknowledge it or any explanation at all. Whee!

Postho'ing -- browsing through my photobucket albums today I ran across this article from the Wall Street Journal which I cut, scanned, and intended to post, but I don't think I ever did. Anyway, it's about Walmart and retail sales of CDs. I found it interesting.

th_WalmartCDSales-1.jpg

th_WalmartCDSales-2.jpg

KF, I saw that at the CH awhile back. Very interesting. It made me nostalgic for the old days when they had these things called music stores where you could just browse and pick up things that looked interesting.

It made me nostalgic for the old days when they had these things called music stores where you could just browse and pick up things that looked interesting.

I wonder how many albums I must have purchased for the cover art.

One of the reasons I still buy CD's instead of just downloading the album. And even then, of course, the artwork doesn't hold up to the days of the LP...

*sigh*

I'm old.

Well we got crappy news today.

Crappy = the grocery store is closing our store within the store. Another franchise decided to sue the grocery for opening a franchise "too close to theirs". You'd have thought the people who made the deal would have checked that out before opening the store, right?

So our last day of work is this Friday. I'm okay - it's my Sis I'm worried about. She was the salaried manager who gave up a teaching job to take this position!

Life if just a sh*t sandwich.

Only some days you get a bigger bite.

:moon2: :biteme: to the bigwigs who made these decisions without using their brains!

kf Looking good!

Cotton I am so sorry...that really stinks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

My husband collects albums...I would guess maybe a couple of hundred now. The cover art really is art...some of them are really worth framing...maybe some day when we have the room (i.e when the rest of the kids move out!).

Kim

From the CH:

Finally

Verizon Wireless has "On My Way Here" ringTONES!! AT LAST!!! They had ringBACKS from the beginning but no ringtones.

I checked today and if you have Verizon as your carrier then just go to VZW Tones Deluxe and you can now download "On My Way Here" ringtones. You will have to search under artists for Clay then scroll through all his ringtones listed as they do NOT come up first but they are mixed in with all his other tones.

They have:

"Everything I Don't Need"

Ashes

"On My Way Here"

"Lover All Alone"

"Grace Of God"

"As Long As We're Here"

" Weight Of The World"

"The Real Me"

"Where I Draw The Line"

Falling

"Something About Us"

They are also available if you have Sony Music Box on your phone to download from there.

I would think maybe if Verizon has them today maybe other carriers do too!!

Woohoo!! And my cellular company, U.S. Cellular, has them too -- I just spent too much money to get WOTW, ALAWH, and WIDTL for ringtones! WOOHOO!!!!!

{{{{cotton and cottonsister}}}} Bummer to the max!!!

Hope those idiot decision makers decide to move this one to a better location for you and keep your sister as manager.

Maybe some pictures would make you feel better...

kcudawggma21nz7.jpg

clayinsomalia4.jpg

pinstripedsuit.jpg

gahahahah.jpg

How'd I do??? I know I feel better! :cryingwlaughter:

I used to collect albums.....original pressings. 50s and 60s stuff. I had over 2000 albums at one time. But I got tired of having to move them from house to house, the crates were so heavy, and then CDs came along, and they had better sound, and were easier to deal with. So I gave most of them away. I regret it now. I still have about a hundred of my most treasured ones.

Sorry about the crappy job news, {{{Cotton}}}, for your {{{sister}}}, too.

From CV:

From the CH:

I got my Playbill yearbook today, it's huge and heavy! Very nicely done.

I know people posted some things that Hannah said in her special interview but here were two that I didn't see posted.

Busiest Day at the Box Office

Clay Aiken's opening and closing nights. I would liken them to Wembley Arena with Elvis in the building

Memorable Directorial Note/Tale from a Put-In

During the put-in for Clay and me, Mike Nichols said "don't try to get laughs on every line. It's very cheap and it's like paying for sex: ultimately unsatisfying." There was a slight hiatus and then all of us wet ourselves.

She said some other funny and interesting non Clay things that are too long to type.

She notes the shortest costume change as Clay from Robin to Maynard in the space of a few lines but I always assumed that other than the wig, they just throw the monk costume right over him. I thought the stage director said David going from mayor to Patsy was the quickest.

I do love all the wonderful things she said about Clay and his draw, I would guess that many theater and other entertainment people in NY get this book.

I *heart* Hannah!

kf - you sure were a PYT! Of course I haven't met you (that I know of) so I can't say you haven't changed, but I bet they're right!

liney - shock, huh? So that's what that was? I remember having the tremblies after delivery too, and being packed in warm blankets. I forgot to mention that baby B was positioned face up into my rib cage and some intern (I had a whole class of them in the delivery room learning how to deliver twins!) had to reach up and turn her. That was painful! It took 8 minutes to deliver her after the first one... the busiest 8 minutes of my life! And oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I was wearing braces (on my teeth) at the time! :D

The next two were both head down as they should be, just like when you see "time-lapsed photography" of the egg separating. No problems. They sure were cute little things if I do say so!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Here are a couple pix:

me and 1&2

78babies.jpg

me and 3&4

80babies.jpg

hey kf! same hairstyle! :D

cotton - so sorry for your loss of a job! And :hugs-1: to your {{{sister}}} Mostly sorry that now you won't be in the car for that commute and won't be listening to OMWH as much! :) (that's what happened to me when my bil retired!)

lal - what a cute cute little guy! We tried for a boy when I was 45 but someone's aparatus wasn't up to it, not sure whose, we never went into testing, just figured we had a enough kids and let it go! :D

and some of us (me) were SKINNy too. LOL

AMEN to that! :preachit:

I was born old. I'm younger than that now.

SOOOO True!!!! :D (let's see, who does that remind me of? :laught31: )

muski - did you find your keys yet? Check all your pockets? the washing machine? the floor of the car next to the doors?

:cheerleader::lilredani:

{{{anna}}} hope your migraine is better!

keepingfaith, you look just like a friend of our family who lives in Claifornia!

Wow, cha cha! Both sets look alike - the same cute babies, just a different hairstyle for you! :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks for the hugs & well wishes. The headache is hanging on, but thankfully the nausea eased up.

Cotton, sorry to hear about the job thing. {{{{{hugs}}}} to you and your sister!

Gosh, it's fun seeing all these pictures of ya'll when you were young (and with cute babies besides). No kids for me (don't plan on it either), but when I was growing up, my parents kept foster babies, so for about 4-5 years of my life, I was around babies. I learned to love so much about babies, and have no problems to this day dealing with burps, and dirty diapers, and feedings. I've told several people, though, that as soon as they turn about 2-3 or so, I'm done with them. I know that's when many people start LIKING kids, but not me.

How about some pretty pictures?

Bestillmyheart.jpg

people07.jpg

And a silly one too...

187756163lla1.jpg

Thanks, y'all.

Positions in another store - not gonna happen.

This brand new neighborhood was supposed to be the best thing since paved roads but as soon as it was ready for real estate sales and businesses opened - the bottom fell out of the economy. This whole situation gives them a way to use us - who were doing relatively well for a store only open since April 3rd - to save $$ for the grocery store which is not doing the business they expected.

It just sucks big time.

We're the sacrificial lamb. It's just a great example of corporate greed and short-sightedness. And the low-on-the-totem-pole people are the ones to suffer.

I'm gonna miss seeing my sister once or twice a week though!

Needless to say, I'm a bit blue today.

Thanks for the purdy pictures.

What's up with his hair in the last fivegoldens picture??!!

Well we got crappy news today.

Crappy = the grocery store is closing our store within the store. Another franchise decided to sue the grocery for opening a franchise "too close to theirs". You'd have thought the people who made the deal would have checked that out before opening the store, right?

So our last day of work is this Friday. I'm okay - it's my Sis I'm worried about. She was the salaried manager who gave up a teaching job to take this position!

Life if just a sh*t sandwich.

Only some days you get a bigger bite.

:moon2: :biteme: to the bigwigs who made these decisions without using their brains!

I'm so sorry, Cotton! ((((HUGS to you and sis))))

Speaking of jobs, y'all....

Work is definitely on my mind these days!

Do any of you have advice for a long-time homemaker looking to re-enter the job market? I could probably do secretarial work, as I once did, but my financial needs have grown considerably since my last 'real' employed position. I'm having trouble figuring out what the going rate actually IS for various types of employment!

So, I am wondering if I should go to a training school or go ahead and finish a degree which might allow me to earn more in the long run? Any career-changers out there? Displaced homemakers? Back-to-school-while-working-ers?

Thanks in advance. PMs welcome. :)

Sorry, again, Cotton. That stinketh mightily.