#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

And in the interests of fairness, the next picture is me and my sister at the Raleigh fair, on our way to see Clay!

meandgini.jpg

OK, djs, you and your sister (especially) look sooooo familiar to me! We must have met at a concert. Or maybe two or three or five - hee!

This time last year I was trying to get out of Orlando on a plane delayed for several hours because the toilet was broken. Hours, I tell you. Twas a good thing that I had all these fresh memories to occupy my time ....

orlandadcatcuffspk4.jpg

IMG_5534fsn.jpg

This is the "Yellow Submarine" shot:

YellowSubmarine.jpg

hihi.jpg

OrlandoDCAT1-1.jpg

OrlandoDCAT15.jpg

Does Quiana have a treble clef tattoo? Pic006fsn.jpg

Pic049fsn.jpg

what.jpg

From the CH:

More from the Yearbook: They also have his headshot with all the other headshots for the cast of Spamalot. And I now understand why shipping is so much...the dang book weighs a ton.

Scans done by dancermom2:

Cover

Spamalot Cast

Timeline

Broadway Bears

Easter Bonnet Competition

Q & A with Hannah

Q & A 2

Sorry, I just don't have time to post the actual scans here.

I've asked my husband for this book for either a birthday present (just under one month) or Christmas present. This looks to be like something I'll WANT, but I don't NEED right away. And it gives hubby an idea for something to get for me!

From the CH:

More from the Yearbook: They also have his headshot with all the other headshots for the cast of Spamalot. And I now understand why shipping is so much...the dang book weighs a ton.

Scans done by dancermom2:

Cover

Spamalot Cast

Timeline

Broadway Bears

Easter Bonnet Competition

Q & A with Hannah

Q & A 2

Sorry, I just don't have time to post the actual scans here.

I've asked my husband for this book for either a birthday present (just under one month) or Christmas present. This looks to be like something I'll WANT, but I don't NEED right away. And it gives hubby an idea for something to get for me!

ldyj - thanks for the links!!!

That's a great idea to ask hubby for it for Christmas - Thanksgiving - Halloween Labor Day- oh wait - I already ordered it!!! :D

I'm perfectly happy with WIDTL being released as a single. I've always thought that it was radio material. Same with Falling. Not so much Ashes, which may be the song I play least on OMWH. I'm still a big lover of WOTW and FIEKY. I think The Real Me and As Long As We're Here are as powerful as anything Clay Aiken has ever sung. For some reason, The Real Me has a bit of Annie Lennox flavor to the arrangement, and I dig that. It's all good for me. There's nothing smoother than his voice in Sacrificial Love, and I think Something About Us was a classic upon release. Since that song has been popularized as the Obama Love Story song on YouTube, if Obama is elected maybe they'll have Clay sing it to Barack and Michelle at the pre-inaugural gala. That would be cool.

But back to the album, you know when you turn on the ignition in your car and the CD music starts whereever you left off, well this morning I got in my car, turned the key, and heard .... you come to me again .... and I just about died. I had to sit there for a second or two before continuing. I need to put that on a loop. It's ungodly good.

And his voice in the last third of EIDN is spectacular. I crave that sound now.

But, if RCA wants to release WIDTL, I'll be very happy. The first couple of times I heard the whole album I picked that one out as the potential best single. It has a glory note and it's better than anything I've heard yet on AC radio, and it could work on Hot AC as well.

Reading the AOL homepage, I found it odd that Ryan Seacrest claims that Simon Cowell is jealous of his success. That seems to be a stupid move on Ryan's part. I was reading the Idol Chatter at USA Today, and apparently the AI tour this summer isn't doing gangbusters business, with some 60% - 70% ticket sales at some venues. I wasn't around online for the AI2 tour, but didn't they have a lot of sell outs? Last night on Keith Olbermann, he was talking to the NYC dj that he has on the show semi-regularly, Maria somebody, and she said that Idol auditions are going on now, and nobody cares. She thinks the show has officially jumped the shark and lost the magic. I think Clay will be around and thriving long after the idol crew has packed up and moved out. ETA: Idol may be reaching the limit. If people get burned out on gossip overload, Ryan Seacrest may end up being Mr. New Year's Eve at Times Square. His Denise Richards show was canceled. Paula's reality show didn't last long. Maybe, just maybe, people are getting a little sick of it all. My DIL was watching that god-awful show on VH1 Sunday night, I Love Money, and if that show is a hit, then America is hard up for entertainment.

It's inevitable that the reality shows will run their course as a unit. Big Media loves it because it's incredibly cheap to put those shows on and their return is vast. But when people tire of it they just may have to return to programming that requires decent writing, acting and directing; or true investigative journalism; or variety with the best talent in the world; or am I dreaming again?

Oh, and according to Ken Barnes, Clay sold 900 copies of OMWH this week. Not great numbers, but a boost over the 500 sold the week before.

Oh Lord...here we go.

Ricky Martin has twins via a surrogate mother. She will NOT be part of the parenting---only served to gestate the babies, deliver and then disappear. I don't even want to put the link to the story---I saw it on CH. But let's just say that the comments on that page are just as nasty and mean spirited toward Ricky as ones we saw about Clay when his baby news happened. In fact, some of the posters even included Clay in their name calling..

Why do I include such negative news?

Well, it struck me that to many, many people the news about Ricky Martin hit them in entirely the same way as Clay's news, even though the two situations are so very different. Both men have always had sexual orientation questions surrounding them and now both have had children without having any 'traditional" relationship with a woman. Of course, Clay's relationship with Jaymes and their intention both to be parents makes their situation vastly different from Ricky's...

But to the casual person, who might only know OF both these men through the gossip/celebrity mill, the stories must be rather 'confirming' of any previous suspicions regarding their sexuality.

Our man Clay certainly seems to make the more "challenging" life choices, doesn't he? I admire the hell out of him. :wub:

I love that phrase. It gets JaMar in trouble, though. :P

hee details please :whistling-1:

Oh, just that experiment JaMar and I did that we've talked about before. We both posted a very similar sentiment using the phrase 'sturm und drang.' She got edited. I didn't. Her interpretation was that she was identified as a troublemaker and I wasn't :28: . My interpretation was that people read her posts and not mine :noidea: . Either way, it was amusing. This happened on another board, of course.

I understand what you're saying muski, and no doubt people inclined to view things in a certain way will. But to me, there's a world of difference in reading that Ricky Martin had a surrogate mother to deliver and disappear, and reading that Clay and Jaymes will raise their child together. Whether they sleep together or not is immaterial, 'cause I once knew a couple who were married, had two children, and didn't sleep together at all after 10 years, and didn't divorce because of religion. I know he slept around, the a-hole propositioned me, but she had no interest in sex whatsoever and didn't seem to care what he did. A family of four and their only car was a Corvette. I had to take her to the grocery store every week, and pick up her out of town family at the airport. There are millions of stories in the Naked City!

bwah duckyv. Ducky and jamar :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh I love Ricky Martin. Congrats to him. I have no clue why people are so obsessed with who other people are doing. I don't get it.

And you said a mouthful Muski. One of the reasons I love Clay..is he doesn't try to convince anyone of anything..he just is <TM paula LOL>

ETA: and you know..who even knows how much of that story is true. I hate that they make it sound so mercenary..If it is..didn't read anything... surragacy exists for a reason. When het couples use a surrogate is that considered paying the mom to disappear? Geesh.

Whether they sleep together or not is immaterial, 'cause I once knew a couple who were married, had two children, and didn't sleep together at all after 10 years,

keepingfaith...this makes me think of a shocker story I got a few weeks ago when I had a girls night out with two buddies here in town. Both teachers, both married for two decades with children, etc., both couples seemingly happy and whatnot. Anyhooo....one woman said she and her hubby hadn't had sex in 12 years!

Her words, "He's broken."

whoa.

What does this have to do with Clay? :blink:

Not a damned thing, I'm sure. Nobody will ever convince me that Clay Aiken is 'broken'.

Nope.

No way.

Love all the Mom and babies pictures; one of these days I may figure out how to use the scanner on my printer and subject you all to a photo of myself...maybe after the wedding!

Kim

Scarlett and KAndre, are you all packed and ready to go? I'm looking forward to hearing of your great adventures in Hong Kong and some recaps along the way and in-depth reports when you return. (Still can't imagine going off during the political conventions. Oh yeah, I seem to remember discussing that already, didn't we, like in the middle of the night?)

Anyway, have a GREAT time in Asia. And, if you run into some Prada knockoffs ..... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Muski

Narrow-minded bigots just sit around looking for someone to dump on.

It gives their small lives meaning.

Reading the AOL homepage, I found it odd that Ryan Seacrest claims that Simon Cowell is jealous of his success. That seems to be a stupid move on Ryan's part. I was reading the Idol Chatter at USA Today, and apparently the AI tour this summer isn't doing gangbusters business, with some 60% - 70% ticket sales at some venues. I wasn't around online for the AI2 tour, but didn't they have a lot of sell outs? Last night on Keith Olbermann, he was talking to the NYC dj that he has on the show semi-regularly, Maria somebody, and she said that Idol auditions are going on now, and nobody cares. She thinks the show has officially jumped the shark and lost the magic. I think Clay will be around and thriving long after the idol crew has packed up and moved out. ETA: Idol may be reaching the limit. If people get burned out on gossip overload, Ryan Seacrest may end up being Mr. New Year's Eve at Times Square. His Denise Richards show was canceled. Paula's reality show didn't last long. Maybe, just maybe, people are getting a little sick of it all. My DIL was watching that god-awful show on VH1 Sunday night, I Love Money, and if that show is a hit, then America is hard up for entertainment.

It's inevitable that the reality shows will run their course as a unit. Big Media loves it because it's incredibly cheap to put those shows on and their return is vast. But when people tire of it they just may have to return to programming that requires decent writing, acting and directing; or true investigative journalism; or variety with the best talent in the world; or am I dreaming again?

Oh, and according to Ken Barnes, Clay sold 900 copies of OMWH this week. Not great numbers, but a boost over the 500 sold the week before.

kf... Whooohooo to the 900 OMWHs. May their new owners rave about the cd to their friends, or better yet, play it for them!

If reality shows start failing and gossip starts getting old (to the masses), I, personally, will take it as a sign that we, as a species, are evolving to a higher level.... finally! :cryingwlaughter:

Our man Clay certainly seems to make the more "challenging" life choices, doesn't he? I admire the hell out of him. :wub:

muski... Word! and double WORD!!!

wanda... I totally agree! We were talking about that at work today. Too many people just seem so unhappy with themselves and their lives that they just have to try and make other people unhappier than they are. Also, too many people feel this deep need to feel "better than" and how better to do this than to put people down. Especially people who appear to have a better life. Sad.

Muski

Narrow-minded bigots just sit around looking for someone to dump on.

It gives their small lives meaning.

Wanda, :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am so happy for Clay and Jaymes, I hope they enjoy many years of happiness with their little Parker !

Hi Underthespell;nice to see you here! And I see Ashleysgram lurking down below...come out and play!

Kim

My classes started back this week so I probably won't have much time to post, although even when I was posting more I was never as prolific as many of you here. Gives me a lot to read though which is a nice break from school books.

By the time I ever get around to putting my kids baby pics online, my kids will be having their own kids. Praying that that will not be for awhile since neither of them are anywhere near ready to be parents. Although they are probably more responsible than me and especially my ex was when we became parents.

Wanted to comment on something that I had read over at the CH about how some think that Clay's music is dated because it's melodic and doesn't rely on the gimmicks or artifice (like fake singing) in a lot of today's music. It was brought up about Kim Locke's music and I was reminded how much I disliked her first cd, except for the Clay track exactly because she had changed her style to fit in with what is considered standard in today's music. I actually liked her singing on the show, although seeing her self-absorption on Rewind and how she has acted towards Clay lately hasn't endeared me to her, however that's beside the point. The point being that Clay is concerned with making good music that he enjoys rather than to sell-out just to sell more music, and even though right now it seems like it has cost him sales, I believe he is gaining a lot of respect, even from some of his critics, grudging as it may be. And I think that the respect he is gaining will benefit him in the long run, sure wish the long run came sooner though.

Hi Underthespell;nice to see you here! And I see Ashleysgram lurking down below...come out and play!

Kim

:thbighug-1:

I love it here !!!

I am so happy for Clay and Jaymes, I hope they enjoy many years of happiness with heir little Parker !

love this typo

hee... I just fixed it ! :lilredani: ( I kind of loved it too.. )