#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Well I doubt Kim had any more control over her first two albums than Clay had over his. I'm a fan of hers and honestly don't know what she wants to sing. I tend to look at cover type songs that people do in concert..the ones they choose to do and with her it was the more jazzy/bluesy/R&B type stuff. So I'm thinking her record label got her to fill a niche they didn't have which was pop and so that's what they have her sing. Everyone who sings what's popular though isn't selling out. That's probably what they love. Clay though has said he does't listen to top 40 so how can he sing what he doesn't even listen to. So with Clay I kinda understand that with OMWH this is him, it's what he wants and what he loves.....despite the visions of what others may have for him. It's not top 40 but it's good music. There are good songs on top 40. It's not all horrible. It's just not Clay. So I personally don't feel people who sing hip hop, or rap or songs with beat are selling out. It's all individual and you kinda have to know a bit about the person to know if this is them, or an act to just sell music. If that makes any sense. In other words, Clay is doing his thang. Others are doing theirs. And hopefully they all are doing what they love.

To JustClay everybody that's back in school...and summer is over. Have fun! I kinda miss it myself.

About the ai tours

From CV - note the Ai6 is just half the statistics

Tour Numbers for A1-AI5:

Historical concert stats (collected from Ken Barnes and Nevada):

AI-1

Total Gross: $8.1 million

Average Ticket Price: $31.38

Average Attendance: 8,589

Total Attendance: 257,680

Average Gross: $269,520

Number of Shows: 30

Number of Sell-outs: 5

Lowest Attendance: Nashville/Rutherford - 50%

% Capacity: 82.2%

AI-2

Total Gross: $15.6 million

Average Ticket Price: $38.26

Average Attendance: 10,446

Total Attendance: 407,404

Average Gross: $399,661

Number of Shows: 41

Number of Sell-outs: 17

Lowest Attendance: Dallas - 55%, Houston - 52%, Oklahoma - 48%, Boise - 42%

% Capacity: 89.33%

AI-3

Total Gross: $11.3 million

Average Ticket Price: $45.34

Average Attendance: 5,337

Total Attendance: 250,862

Average Gross: $242,009

Number of Shows: 49

Number of Sell-outs: 1 (Honolulu)

Second Highest Attendance: Long Island: 82.1%

Lowest Attendance: Indianapolis - 27.4%

AI-4

Total Gross: $16.9 million

Average Ticket Price: $44.47

Average Attendance: 9,026

Total Attendance: 379,071

Average Gross: $401,403

Number of Shows: 42

Number of Sell-outs: 11

Lowest Attendance: San Antonio - 62.5%

AI-5

Total Gross: $35.2 million

Average Ticket Price: $54.50

Average Attendance: 10,945

Total Attendance: 645,782

Average Gross: $596,610

Number of Shows: 59

Number of Sell-outs: 19

Lowest Attendance: Austin - 80%

% Capacity: 96%

AI6

Season 6: Half-way Report (30 out of 59 concerts (or is it 60?))

Total Gross: $12.1 million

Total Attendance: 200,047

Number of Tickets Available: 315, 853

% Capacity: 63.3%

Average Gross: $404,913.73

Average Attendance: 6,668

Average Ticket Price: $60.72

Number of Shows: 30 (reported so far)

Lowest Attendance (tickets): 3,577 - Nampa, Idaho

Highest Attendance (tickets): 10,034 - Rosemont, Ill

Lowset Attendance (percentage): 38.9% - Birmingham, Ala

Highest Attendance (percentage): 93.2% - Glendale, Arizona

Lowest Gross: $217,035 - Nampa, Idaho

Highest Gross: $605,172 - Rosemont, Ill

After last year, I believe they cut back on the tour cities so they can get on with the albums and concentrate attendence.

Scarlett and KAndre, are you all packed and ready to go? I'm looking forward to hearing of your great adventures in Hong Kong and some recaps along the way and in-depth reports when you return. (Still can't imagine going off during the political conventions. Oh yeah, I seem to remember discussing that already, didn't we, like in the middle of the night?)

Anyway, have a GREAT time in Asia. And, if you run into some Prada knockoffs ..... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just wanted to wish KAndre and my sweet b. a wonderful, wonderful time in Asia. Godspeed and be safe.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Finally I'm home! I thought I'd never get to leave today!

But then... once I get here... :cry4: I'm gonna miss you guys! I wish we could do the FCA spa/retreat sometime. Let's pick the place with the cheapest airfare in the country and just fly there regardless of what's in the city and hang someplace.

Tomorrow morning KAndre and I are flying to Newark like we seem to do all the time (well, except for that one time we both ended up in Philly) and after a short layover, we're going to be flying over the North Pole towards Hong Kong -- 15 hours straight! I didn't pick this route -- just went along with KAndre. I thought we would have gone the LA/Honolulu/Guam route, you know, the one with the warm tropical islands, but since this is the one that was picked for me I guess I can deal. :cryingwlaughter: If we see any reindeer or a guy in a red suit, we'll let him know that we've all been v. v. good girls here at FCA. :)

... off to pack ... but still schmoopie... be good while we're away 'k? ... uh ... and if you can't be good... buy us some tickets too!!! :hysterical:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: will miss ya, my s.b.! *don't find someone else while I'm gone!*

And I can't wait to use this!

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Awww, cindilu, is there any chance we can have this in chinese characters? :dadrocks:

Have a wonderful trip Scarlett and K'Andre and a safe one! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Kim

I get what you are saying about people not always having a choice, and I don't think that all the singers who sing what is current are sell-outs, however there are also many singers who sing whatever will give them the most exposure because they aren't concerned with making good music but are mainly in the business for the fame and money. Although to be fair, some of those performers are very young, especially when they started and are more often victims of their label and their PR. Still doesn't help me to respect them but I can feel some sort of pity for them.

KAndre and Scarlett, have a safe trip, and try to report in to us once in a while if you can!

I was going through a few old video files this evening, from the JNT 2005, and found this clip. I still tear up watching it...

th_mgucl-kiss.jpg

ACK! Top of the page! I'm getting sick up here!

About the ai tours

From CV - note the Ai6 is just half the statistics

Tour Numbers for A1-AI5:

Historical concert stats (collected from Ken Barnes and Nevada):

AI-1

Total Gross: $8.1 million

AI-2

Total Gross: $15.6 million

AI-3

Total Gross: $11.3 million

AI-4

Total Gross: $16.9 million

AI-5

Total Gross: $35.2 million

AI6

Season 6: Half-way Report (30 out of 59 concerts (or is it 60?))

After last year, I believe they cut back on the tour cities so they can get on with the albums and concentrate attendence.

Trouble with these stats is that the season that is touring now is Season 6.

Oh wait--is this supposed to be for only the first six tours, and only half of the 6th?? Eh??

And in the interests of fairness, the next picture is me and my sister at the Raleigh fair, on our way to see Clay!

OMG djs, I know you and your sister! :lmaosmiley-1: Here's the only fairly recent picture of me I have in my PB, taken at the Toronto CDR party in May.

HappyBrotherMaynardwinner.jpg

Yep, I'll take baby talk over angsting about record labels and second singles anyday. :)

FromClaygary, now you've made me want to go back and watch/listen to every interview he gave in the past year or so. ;)

I keep thinking about the timing of the Canandaigua show where he revealed that Jaymes could call him Clayton. Knowing how long the in vitro process can take, they must have been planning/trying/hoping by then.

I bet you're right!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo did you ever get so low on clothes that you had to get up in the morning and wash a load before work but after you get everything together you realize there doesn't seem to be any detergent but it's 6:45 and you don't have time to run to the store so you open up different cabinets and you find a jar of something that looks and kinda feels like detergent but you're not sure cuz it could be carpet clearner or dishwashing liquid which would wreak havoc on the washing machine but well you need to wash so you throw it on your clothes, snatching out your JNT hoodie at the last minute just in case and then you just sit around and hope and pray you just didn't ruin a quarter of your wardrobe? Just me? Ok.

:hysterical:

Well, Charlottetown PEI and the bridge were lovely today....but cold! 15 above in the middle of August, yikes! For you Americaners :lol: that's about 60 degrees. What a busy place Charlottetown is in the summer! I usually try to stay overnight there, but this time could not get a hotel room to do that, so I drove back to Moncton....and it was so windy, I was afraid they might close the bridge, and that would be just.not.good. for me. But, all is well.

Kandre, Scarlett and the rest of the eHP going, have fun in Asia! Remember, LOTS of pictures!

... be good while we're away 'k? ... uh ... and if you can't be good... buy us some tickets too!!! :hysterical:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: will miss ya, my s.b.! *don't find someone else while I'm gone!*

And I can't wait to use this!

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Awww, cindilu, is there any chance we can have this in chinese characters? :dadrocks:

:cryingwlaughter:

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I was going through a few old video files this evening, from the JNT 2005, and found this clip. I still tear up watching it...

From :cryingwlaughter: to :cry4: in no time flat... :wub:

ETA:

Well, Charlottetown PEI and the bridge were lovely today....but cold! 15 above in the middle of August, yikes! For you Americaners :lol: that's about 60 degrees. What a busy place Charlottetown is in the summer!

That's Anne of Green Gables country! Another place on my 'must visit someday' list!

60 Degrees is my kind of weather...although I guess in the summer it would feel cold.

Kim

Safe and fun trip Scarlett and KAndre! I cannot wait to hear the reports!!

I am heading to NY Friday for a totally non-Clay weekend with my Lurker Friend. We've been talking about it since March and planned it before we knew Clay was returning to Spamalot. We thought briefly about postponing it until fall, but we both knew we might never leave the theatre district if we did that! :cryingwlaughter: The weather is supposed to be great and I am really looking forward to it! We'll go see a show - whatever we can get tickets to at the TKTS booth.

It will be fun but I worry it may end up being as expensive as Scarlett and KAndre's trip to Hong Kong!

Anyone with any suggestions of something we need to do in NY??

Wanted to comment on something that I had read over at the CH about how some think that Clay's music is dated because it's melodic and doesn't rely on the gimmicks or artifice (like fake singing) in a lot of today's music.

I read that post over at CH today, and while I'm not going to bring it over, because it's not fair to the poster who may not be a member here, I couldn't help but wonder how anyone who has been around this fandom for a few years would be surprised that Clay's choice of music is songs with strong melodies that don't rely on gimmicks? I mean, seriously? :huh:

Wow, kids can spend $$ fast these days. Gave son#2 the child tax credit cheque this evening to spend on "back to school" stuff. One pair of shoes, one backpack equipped with a skateboard strap, and it's gone. So much for new clothes! :whistling-1:

Have fun in Hong Kong, eHP! I'd love to see Asia one day. Enjoy Moncton, FromClaygary! Better you than me..... :cryingwlaughter:

ETA:
Well, Charlottetown PEI and the bridge were lovely today....but cold! 15 above in the middle of August, yikes! For you Americaners :lol: that's about 60 degrees. What a busy place Charlottetown is in the summer!

That's Anne of Green Gables country! Another place on my 'must visit someday' list!

Oh, it sure is! Anne of Green Gables EVERY-thing! It's kind of lost on me, as the books were after my time...but I did visit the house briefly last year. I didn't go IN the house, just kind of looked around. It's in a quite lovely park area...and you'd love the island, I'm sure. You definitely should get there!

ETA: Luckiest1....oh, you've been here then?? :hysterical: No disrespect to Moncton....but NOT one of my favorite places. Saint John and Fred are OK though....Saint John tomorrow, Fred on Friday.

Um....isn't the current touring AI season 7? Season 6 had such a big show in Glendale AZ last year because it's Jordin Sparks' home town. I read somewhere that the lowest attendance so far this year was Fresno. I guess my DD didn't go. :cryingwlaughter:

I know what some of you are saying about changing the style of the recorded music to fit radio. One of the classic examples (to my mind) is Nellie Furtado. Her first two albums were very quirky, very folky....and she was very quirky and folky as well. Her song "Powerless" got some radio play about the same time that "Invisible" was on the radio. Neither of the albums were big sellers, however.

All of a sudden, in 2006 she is a completely different singer and has a huge hit with "Promiscuous". Who IS this person, I thought to myself. She performed at the 2006 AMA's where Clay presented with Tori Spelling. I watched this person with long dark hair in a skin tight white dress gyrating around and just had to scratch my head. But it sold. AND it got played on the radio. I hope she thought it was worth it, because she had a very recognizable style until then, and a dedicated if smallish audience. I admire Clay for giving us music that he thinks is true to who he is. IMHO that seems to be important to him.

I wanted to make sure that I got to say Bon Voyage to our travelers. I want stories. I want pictures. I want to read ginormous recaps from KAndre about how she got the Chinese to do her bidding. Have a great time, you guys.

I'm starting to think it's a very bad sign that liney23 never mentions when we get together for dinner. I'm having a great time and she doesn't want anyone to know!! I'm crushed.

Well, don't tell anyone, but we had dinner last night. We always split the difference on distance and eat dinner in Long Beach, CA. They have done so much restoration, renovation, gentrification, whatever...it is really nice. Last month we ate outside on a patio next to the marina, and this time we ate in a lovely seafood restaurant right across from the Queen Mary. The weather was really gorgeous. We could barely pull ourselves away and just sat and watched the lights and reflections on the water for a while before we went home.

I feel so lucky to have had the chance to meet her. We see so many things in the same way, and can practically finish each others' sentences. Thanks, Clay, for sending her my way.

There's a little shop in Shoreline Village that features all kinds of hats. They have hats from around the world, Red Hats for Society members, sports hats, outdoorsman hats, straw hats. Lots of hats. They also have humorous hats. Last month we found the perfect hat for someone to give to Clay at a M&G or the stage door. We had commented about his Somalia pictures and how his nose looked a bit sunburned in a few of the pictures. We saw the perfect hat for him that offers a bit more protection for his pretty face. I tried to figure out the camera on my new cell phone while liney23 modeled it for us. And now I've finally figured out how to get the pictures off my cell phone!! We think it's perfect in oh so many ways:

Hat2.jpg

It really looks pretty dashing, don't you think??

Hat1.jpg

So who's going to volunteer to give it to him? Or is it too smutty for a new Dad??

I am so far behind I'm going to have to start fresh. My DH made it safely to Iraq. He's working midnight to noon every single day. That's opposite from the shift he had last year, and I'm sure it's taking some getting used to.

I miss him.

I miss Clay too. I didn't get to keep up with the Florida nostalgia, but I loved those shows. I think Clay did too.

353294423_X3tnz-L.jpg

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Heh, I actually haven't been to Moncton.......yet. My new boss is located there, so we spend a lot of time in video conference with her office. I live in fear of being told I need to fly there for a week's orientation. :wacko:

Heh, I actually haven't been to Moncton.......yet. My new boss is located there, so we spend a lot of time in video conference with her office. I live in fear of being told I need to fly there for a week's orientation. :wacko:

Oh, lucky you! (hee....) If you have to....Country Inn & Suites on Mountain Road. The sweet suite makes it all bearable. :lol:

LOVE that pic, Perma - thanks! Glad hubby arrived safely. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

FromClaygary, what's Charlottetown PEI???

Not to show my ignorance or anything?

And KAndre and Scarlett, Have fun!

Why the trip again? Is this just for fun?

Or a fun trip disguised as business??

Perma! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Take care! Glad you and liney had a good time!

Even if she is ashamed to claim you . . . :cryingwlaughter:

G'night y'all!

Work tomorrow.

Next to last day.

I have a feeling we're going to be working SO-O-O hard . . .

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks for the wellwishes, Carolina Clay, keepingfaith, Iseeme, aikim, ldyjocelyn, FromClaygary, annabear, Claygasm, Perma, Gibby, Cotton!!! (I hope I didn't miss anyone - :F_05BL17blowkiss: but the search engine won't let me search for eHP.

FromClaygary, have fun in Moncton!

.... :couch1:

2008 Bubel/Aiken Foundataion Champions of Change Honorees

8/19/2008

2008 Bubel/Aiken Foundation Champions of Change Honorees

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation is pleased to announce its 2008 Champion of Change honorees, with awards to be presented at a gala benefit dinner celebrating the fifth anniversary of the foundation. The benefit and awards dinner will be held at 5 PM on Saturday, October 18, 2008, at the Marriott City Center Hotel in Raleigh, North Carolina.

The Foundation selects Champions of Change for their substantive efforts to extend the boundaries of the human experience to children of all abilities, in keeping with the Foundation’s mission of supporting communities with inclusive programs and creating awareness about the possibilities that inclusion can bring.

This year’s honorees are:

CVS Caremark, Corporate Champion of Change

Dan Habib and Betsy McNamara, Champions of Change

Rich Donovan, Champion of Change

CVS Caremark Charitable Trust is being honored as a Corporate Champion of Change for their outstanding efforts to improve the lives of children with disabilities. The five-year, $25 million CVS Caremark All Kids Can program supports nonprofit organizations helping children with disabilities in school, in recreation and in developing skills for successful lives, all within an inclusive environment.

Champions of Change Dan Habib and Betsy McNamara turned their personal goal of educational and social inclusion for their son Samuel into a universal goal of ensuring that all children have the tools to reach their full potential. The result is the film Including Samuel, which tells their son’s story of inclusion, along with the trials and triumphs of four other subjects. Dan is an award-winning photojournalist, director and producer of documentary films. Betsy is a fundraising consultant and an inclusion advocate who is the mother of Samuel, who has cerebral palsy, and Isaiah, who is typically developing.

Rich Donovan is being recognized as a Champion of Change for applying his world-class business acumen to creating means of empowerment for people with disabilities. He was a key to Merrill Lynch’s diversity strategy. As CEO of Integrated Process Solutions, Rich provides large corporations and governments with ready-for-action profit opportunities as a “return on disability”. Rich, who happens to have cerebral palsy, is Board Chairman of Lime Connect, showing real-life solutions - and real financial advantages - to hiring, working with, and providing products and services for people with disabiities. In serving children, he is an advocate of education as essential to the future economic and social success of individuals with disabilities.

The gala benefit celebration will feature a special performance by Clay Aiken, as well as dinner, and silent and live auctions, in support of the Foundation’s programs providing children with disabilities the opportunity to play, learn and grow side-by-side with their typical peers.

We invite you to join us in honoring our outstanding Champions of Change, and in celebrating The Bubel/Aiken Foundation’s five years of success in providing comprehensive educational and social opportunities in an inclusive environment for all children.

KAndre and Scarlett

Have a great time. Ya know, I could've taught you a few sentences in Cantonese and Mandarin, acquired during my own travels many moons ago... but I guess they may not be very useful in an Oz accent and if you were intending to avoid using swear words!!

Break-a-leg!! :bye2:

SOMEBODY, who happens to live in HOUSTON and is going to HONG KONG tomorrow, really ought to check her cell phone voice mail. Just sayin'.

waves madly at all the people waving madly at her...

Eh, we're just going to be going, why not?

Ha, I personally find swear words quite useful...and we will sorta be in the same time zone! It's fate!