#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

You folks who have baby pics on your computer must be a lot younger than me!

:cryingwlaughter:

I'd have to hunt them down and scan them.

So - just imagine a BEAUTIFUL 27 year old with long brown hair and the most GORGEOUS baby boy you ever saw!

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Y'all all look GOOD!

Yep, I'll take baby talk over angsting about record labels and second singles anyday. :)

FromClaygary, now you've made me want to go back and watch/listen to every interview he gave in the past year or so. ;)

I keep thinking about the timing of the Canandaigua show where he revealed that Jaymes could call him Clayton. Knowing how long the in vitro process can take, they must have been planning/trying/hoping by then.

No baby stories from me -- they would be way too long & boring! Unusual circumstances, unusual results and way too long ago.

Cotton, I did scan my baby pictures - they were handy because the first time I went to Japan (around 1995 or 6), my boyfriend scanned a bunch of my older pictures and made a big collage to hang on the wall. It was so sweet! He wouldn't admit he missed me, tho!

I have a clunky but serviceable Lexmark scanner, I just attach the USB cable and it is good to go - it comes in handy for ebay pictures.

Someone at the CH said that Where I Draw the Line is being featured on AOL, I wonder if it is the next single.

I did 8 million situps with the baby sitting on my tummy, when I came home - I had signed up for a Scotch Doubles bowling thingy at work, and was determined to look the same, except for the giant boobage. The company I worked for required that pregnant women leave 2 months before the birth, and I took 6 months altogether, they saved my job and desk and everything. And I had my baby two weeks after I left work, so it was a nice long "vacation".

Oh, and my grandson is 13, and is practicing his teenage sneer - he is generally sunny and smiling!

DJS... and I'll say it again... Natalie Wood all over...

Loved the long hair Lucky.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo did you ever get so low on clothes that you had to get up in the morning and wash a load before work but after you get everything together you realize there doesn't seem to be any detergent but it's 6:45 and you don't have time to run to the store so you open up different cabinets and you find a jar of something that looks and kinda feels like detergent but you're not sure cuz it could be carpet clearner or dishwashing liquid which would wreak havoc on the washing machine but well you need to wash so you throw it on your clothes, snatching out your JNT hoodie at the last minute just in case and then you just sit around and hope and pray you just didn't ruin a quarter of your wardrobe? Just me? Ok.

I wanna buy a spam ticket whine whine whine. I read that list of who's in and who's out of spam and it seems like some of the folks clay worked with are coming back. I wonder if he is preparing already... getting back the accent, working on those leg muscles, practicing his dancing LOL. It will be here before he knows it and we know it.

Where I Draw the Line would be a perfect single IMO but remember :thsmilies-6728:

Couchie - thanks! What I am aiming for now is to look like Natalie Wood's great-grandmother! Back then we were aiming for the Ali MacGraw look - severe dark hair, dark eyes, pale lipstick.

I love seeing all the pictures, this IS better than angst and sturm und drang.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo did you ever get so low on clothes that you had to get up in the morning and wash a load before work but after you get everything together you realize there doesn't seem to be any detergent but it's 6:45 and you don't have time to run to the store so you open up different cabinets and you find a jar of something that looks and kinda feels like detergent but you're not sure cuz it could be carpet clearner or dishwashing liquid which would wreak havoc on the washing machine but well you need to wash so you throw it on your clothes, snatching out your JNT hoodie at the last minute just in case and then you just sit around and hope and pray you just didn't ruin a quarter of your wardrobe? Just me? Ok.

:cryingwlaughter: although I'm sure it doesn't feel funny right now. Let us know how it all comes out! Glad you saved the famous hoodie...

I am slooooowly scanning in all my old photos - eventually I plan to get to all my grandparents and great-grandparents...I will be scanning for the rest of my frickin' life. But it's a good thing to do - so many of the old photos are fading...

I had forgotten how FAT Paul was...can I blame him for my fat now?

Washing early in the a.m.? Still quicker just to go run and buy a nice, cheap, ugly outfit. And we won't mention how many times I've done that.

BWAH, Couchie! Are there suds coming out of your washing machine? If not, you might be okay . . .

I'm loving all of the baby & momma pics! Everyone is so beautiful and young-looking in the pics!

The pics of my daughters are scanned, too. At some point I'll get all of my many, many pics of my girls scanned in. That will be a project!

I'm not going to be able to go to Spam again. Sniff. Those two little blonde girls are now in high school, and I provide much of their transportation to and from school. My piano-playing schedule is about get really busy again, too, so taking time off will be next to impossible. But I'm so looking forward to new stage door pics and Spam reports!

Who was it that posted awhile back that they had to choose between Spam and a new car? We didn't have a choice - our van died last week. Sure, we could have gotten it fixed, but it had high mileage and it wasn't really worth fixing anymore. So, we bought a new vehicle. Yet another reason Spam isn't an option this time around! But I have fun new wheels, and Clay sounds great singing to me on the sound system in the car!

The pics of my daughters are scanned, too. At some point I'll get all of my many, many pics of my girls scanned in. That will be a project!

I hear ya! I don't even know where all my pictures are...I was good about putting them in albums until about 1998 and then I stopped. I finally got a digital camera about 2 years ago. So the time in between is kind of iffy. Those pics are scattered everywhere. I also need to get serious about converting all those old super 8 videos into DVDs.

Couchie Shampoo, my dear. You can wash anything in shampoo. It's just detergent for the hair.

I love all those baby and before and after pictures!

Luckiest When I saw the thumbnail of your picture, I thought that brown around your head was all hair, and I was practically rolling on the floor until I clicked and made the picture big. It was nice to see your kids at different stages!

ETA: Kandre I MUST start scanning old pictures. You've inspired me.

Great pics, everybody! I'm nuts here trying to get things done at work before family leaves on vacation. Working long hours and stressing out.

Pictures? Heh. Well, I'm not one of those moms who keeps every little thing or takes a pic of everything their kids do, unfortunately. I have piles of pics here and there, but many aren't labeled and I'm pretty sure that when/if I ever do sit down to go through them, I'll not be able to figure out when many were taken... :unsure: But I can't imagine when that time will be, so I'm not worrying about it right now. :cryingwlaughter:

Cotton...so sorry about the job--that really sucks.

00lsee---yep, some classes would be cool. Hell, after I graduated from college mumblemumble years ago with an English degree, I couldn't find a job anywhere because the interviewer always wanted to know how fast I could type and could I take dictation? :lilredani: I'd always just paid someone to type my college papers and the only dictation I took was "Now you get on top." :sleezy: . So I enrolled in a secretarial school during the day and worked at Sears in the men's department (of course, heh) in the evenings. It was the leisure suit era and I had to help the clueless males figure out which brightly patterned polyester shirt went with which oddly colored pastel suit.

:hysterical: :lmaosmiley-1:

I wanna buy a spam ticket whine whine whine.

<snip>

Where I Draw the Line would be a perfect single IMO but remember :thsmilies-6728:

Me too whine whine whine... and 'yeah that'.

Couchie Shampoo, my dear. You can wash anything in shampoo. It's just detergent for the hair.

Yes!

Luckiest When I saw the thumbnail of your picture, I thought that brown around your head was all hair, and I was practically rolling on the floor until I clicked and made the picture big. It was nice to see your kids at different stages!

Glancing quickly, that's what I thought, too! :hysterical: I couldn't quite reconcile the luckiest1 I met in NY in May with the 'hair' in that picture! :hysterical:

So I enrolled in a secretarial school during the day and worked at Sears in the men's department (of course, heh) in the evenings. It was the leisure suit era and I had to help the clueless males figure out which brightly patterned polyester shirt went with which oddly colored pastel suit.

:hysterical: :lmaosmiley-1:

That paints quite the mental picture, muski! I think I might have some pics of my brothers in suits/shirts for proms & graduations that resemble that statement. :cryingwlaughter:

And just 'cause I haven't posted this lately: :Iluvclaysbutt:

day five with no company email, no contacts. ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH... I've resorted to using my personal. Yesterday no phones or fax machines or gasp intermittant internet :cryingwlaughter:

So my clothes detergent was actually clothes detergent. Mom told me she puts it in a jar sometimes rather than deal with the full heavy bottle.

So I have my ipod today and am listening to OMWH and I really love the title song. I think it's a great great song and really memorable... I listen once and it really stays stuck in my head the rest of the day. I look forward to the day when I can hear all these songs live and I hope he sings my ALAWH. It doens't have to be exactly like the album...I wanna hear Broken Wings too.

I am loving all the pix of everyone's adorable kids!!! Isn't this fun??

I can't help myself, I have to share this photo with you all.

Here are chachadotters 1&2 getting ready to leave on their first overnight with their nana and grampa.

Note the cute little strawberry ensembles. Nana takes credit for those, they were the first grandchildren, and she had 3 boys.

She went crazy buying them matching outfits! I detect a look of slight aprehension on their cute little faces.

I didn't see it at the time! I was just happy for the experience! They were somewhere near three.

strawberry-cuties.jpg

eta: couchie - in answer to you earlier question - yes - I have done that laundry in the early morning thing!

Glad the jar turned out to be just laundry detergent and not motor oil!

OMG - flashback! I had a little suitcase just like that!

Full props to lindylo for this information, since Playbill doesn't ship to Canada.

The Playbill Broadway Yearbook is available for pre-order from Amazon.ca, to be shipped on September 4th. It's $22.50 and if you add something to your order to total $39, shipping is free. My daughter wanted The Sound of Music, so this was a no brainer for me:

Playbill Broadway Yearbook