#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

I love to people watch at airports and guess where they are going. At least you guys have fast food! I was stuck in Anchorage airport overnight with nothing, sleeping on the floor. I also spent 10 hours at Gatwick with no English money, no way to change any, food places not taking anything looking remotely like foreign coinage or American Express cards! The airline finally put us up in a hotel and gave us dinner! Finally! That was a mighty long 10 hours as we were not allowed to leave the "pod" we were in.

I love the pins...I will want at least 3.

I am planning my second vacation and my fourth trip to NYC this week. I can't believe I will probably be in NY 5 times this year....I must be crazy...or crazy in love!

We just had an announcement. Our flight has been moved again, this time to 6:30 in the morning but we're going to get vouchers for a hotel.

This is starting to get really worrisome... I didn't mention it before but I am continuing on to visit relatives in Manila. I still have some buffer room with my connection (that was booked on another airline) but it's shrinking rapidly.

Thanks for all the hugs and good wishes to everyone who's posted! Talk to you from the hotel.

We just had an announcement. Our flight has been moved again, this time to 6:30 in the morning but we're going to get vouchers for a hotel.

This is starting to get really worrisome... I didn't mention it before but I am continuing on to visit relatives in Manila. I still have some buffer room with my connection (that was booked on another airline) but it's shrinking rapidly.

Thanks for all the hugs and good wishes to everyone who's posted! Talk to you from the hotel.

Bummer, bummer, bummer!! Except for going to a hotel instead of hanging out at that airport a minute longer. ARGHH. I hope you get off and running with no problems in the AM.

But, but, but..... We MUST have another "Doing Clay" pin! Musn't we? Its tradition!!! I mean, just because he's a father now doesn't mean we can't still do him, right??

:DoClay:

RIGHT!! It's perfectly ok to do fathers. They don't usually get any for their original supplier for a good six weeks, anyway, if not longer. We can take turns.

Me first.

:Iluvclaysbutt:

So.... since Clay is revisiting Spamalot, we thought maybe it would be nice for us to do it,too... in the form of another Sir Robin pin. This is what we came up with. It is a die-stamped pin, so it should look kind of like a coin when it's done. We'd like to get an idea of how many people might be interested, so if you could give a yay or nay, that'd be awesome.

Spam2Proof.jpg

I'll do an attached image too - for those who can't see photobucket.

Also... we are working on a second, non-Spam related pin as well - proof for that one should be along soon.

Love it!!

I'm thinking 2. Maybe more. But 2 fersher!

:)

Um - - -

That banner is quite mesmerizing!

heh

And - yeah, I love love love seeing that little tiny peek of that perfectly round little head! So sweet!

I hope they are all three having perfectly free time to bask in this new love!!!

So.... since Clay is revisiting Spamalot, we thought maybe it would be nice for us to do it,too... in the form of another Sir Robin pin. This is what we came up with. It is a die-stamped pin, so it should look kind of like a coin when it's done. We'd like to get an idea of how many people might be interested, so if you could give a yay or nay, that'd be awesome.

Spam2Proof.jpg

Also... we are working on a second, non-Spam related pin as well - proof for that one should be along soon.

Beautiful pin!

But, but, but..... We MUST have another "Doing Clay" pin! Musn't we? Its tradition!!! I mean, just because he's a father now doesn't mean we can't still do him, right??

:DoClay:

Hee- when the day comes we can't do Clay - I'm outta here!!!!

Patience, patience, patience... we're waiting on a proof. :lilredani:

ETA: Stinking 'My Coke Rewards' contest! If only they chose the winner based at least partly on the effort it took to get a Coke product home from the store...

There were no other customers in the aisle at the time, but there was a worker, unloading frozen food. Do you know that he didn't even blink, let alone help me chase my poor, dented, but thankfully not exploding, runaway cans of Diet Coke with Lime?

You should report that dude.

No excuse for not offering help to a customer in that situation.

I'm feelng in a very North Carolina frame of mind. I found a recipe for NC pulled pork (apparently some combination of east and west NC) and made it--crockpot. It's actually not bad.

Hey!

Is that Cotton's Butt?

:)

I'm likin' the new pin....I'll have to have a few. :hello: Nice design.

What's a "doing Clay" pin?...not that my imagination can't answer that question FOR me...just want to see it in print. Sounds like a tradition that I could adopt quite easily. :DoClay: hmmm.I used to be so shy..........NOT. :013085001176249046:

Is the coke contest only in the USA ?

Annabear, the worker in the store is probably used to fans chasing anything CLay related down the isles and thus was not affected by your non exploding cans.It's odd though, don't you think..... I would have thought any can's with Clay's name would have exploded on impact...Just saying! :whistling-1:

Must we? Can't we? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: hopefully the answer to that will come by tomorrow. Pin guys have been pissing me off this time around.

Hmmm doing Clay... well I think it has a range of meanings depending on the individual. Since I'm not the smutty type LOL it just my way of saying I'm off on another Clay adventure. Shut up. That's what it means to me. :hysterical:

I think we got it from Clay though... somebody can refresh my memory.

Actually, we got it from Clay and Quiana, IIRC. Quiana's schedule on her Myspace prior to the Summer Tour of '07 had "Clay Aiken" on one of the dates. Legend has it that Clay himself posted and said she made it look like she was 'doing' him that day. And thus, the Doing Clay Aiken Tour was born... then Clay went and messed it up by calling it Soft Rock, Hard Place. But to FCA it will always be the DCAT.

So then we had a DCAT pin, and then in the winter we had a Doing Clay in the Heartland pin, and then Doing Clay on Broadway. So now we wanna do him some more!

I think the note on Quiana's MySpace calendar actually said, "Doing Clay Aiken tour", and Clay commented that it was supposed to be a family friendly show.

:Iluvclaysbutt:

I actually went back to our archives (the "search" feature is my friend), and Ansa posted what Clay had written, from May 16, 2007:

The way you have our tour on your calendar, it looks like you are doing me on those dates! This is a family show! Watch yourself!!

From that, someone (and I think it was actually someone at the CH) came up with the upcoming tour being the "Doing Clay Aiken Tour." FCA glommed on to the name, and never let it go (even if Clay himself renamed the tour later with "Soft Rock, Hard Place").

And we've been doing Clay ever since. I have no problem doing him, fatherhood or not. Hee.

Count me in for the new Sir Robin pin. Love the crisp design. Sure hope it's a go!

ETA: Oh yes, the new banner is most fascinating! Great job!

I AM IMPRESSED :lilredani: Everyone's on the ball tonight and now "doing Clay Aiken" is one less thing I have to inquire about. Can you still purchase those pins shown above or are they a thing of the past?

I have no problem with the "doing Clay Aiken" theme now that Clay's a daddy....unless......are there any children on this board? hmmmmmmmm You can still be family friendly and "do" Clay Aiken ...in your mind....why am I even talking about this :hangin: ......how easily a simple phrase promotes thought provoking discussion............. :hysterical:

Just checking in from the hotel... used our meal vouchers and trying to get some rest since our flight is currently pegged at 6:30 am so we'll need to be back at the airport pretty early. The details are more interesting but those'll have to wait. All I can say is that I'm so glad that this time I packed the chargers and cords in my carry-on instead of the checked luggage. And that for some reason I thought to put an extra shirt in my bag. *amazed*

Thanks, everyone, for all the hugs and good wishes! Luvya, jmh!

So... is it the consensus that this is still ok? :XmasRed:

'night every one :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:arg-dancing-welcome-whitebg-url preden!

Stole this ^^^ Welcome, preden!!!

So sorry for the rocky start to your Hong Kong adventure, Scarlett & KAndre, but I'm loving the pre-caps! :funny:

Clay's got his fingers crossed that the rest of your trip goes off without a hitch!

FiveGoldens_Merrillville06-1.jpg

Love the banner of our brave Sir Robin! Hee - when I first signed in, it got stuck for a few seconds on PANTS! and I thought, Whoa! A smutty banner! :hysterical:

ETA: Stinking 'My Coke Rewards' contest! If only they chose the winner based at least partly on the effort it took to get a Coke product home from the store...

I stopped at Krogers to pick up some Diet Coke with Lime. I'm carrying the 12 pack by its handy dandy cardboard handle down the frozen foods aisle, when riiiiiiiip, clang, bang, whirrrr... the box tore from end to end, diagonally across, and every.single.can dropped to the floor and rolled. And rolled. In all directions!

There were no other customers in the aisle at the time, but there was a worker, unloading frozen food. Do you know that he didn't even blink, let alone help me chase my poor, dented, but thankfully not exploding, runaway cans of Diet Coke with Lime?

I think it should be worth well more than the 10 points I got from the barely salvaged end of the stinking box!

anna... I'm sure it was not funny at the time, but BWAH for the retelling!!! That clerk was a jerk!!! haha

Word to Scarlett and KAndre having no more delays!

Scarlett... there's good luck coming at you to meet your deadlines!

KAndre... have Scarlett take your temperature... you being on time may be a symptom of a deadly something or other for sure!!!

My wrists are hurting, dang it. I'm hoping I can help them out by just not using the scroll bar on my mouse cause I don't want full blown carpel tunnel, thank you very much!

Cindilu... kewl banner. Put me down for 2 of each pin, sight on second one unseen... LOL

Aikim's reports of tales from our "Happy Wanderers" got me here. Big hugs :F_05BL17blowkiss: for them on their journey. I have a "giggle" song for Scarlett to help pass the time and lessen the travel angst: Think yodel (*Spam gave you some practice for this*). In a moment of perversity, "Happy Wanderers" reminded me of The Sound of Music's "The Lonely Goatherd":

What a duet for KAndre and Scarlett, lay odl lay odl loo

As for your connection, I have confidence that you will get there anyway you can.

Welcome to preden and hugs to annabear on the roll-away cans; I've had the same thing happen, only in the store's parking lot and the cans roll under cars!

Heh Now would that be a "doing" pin or a "Re-doing" pin?

Now I like Scarlette and K'Andre as much as all of you, but I don't think it requires me to be swining in the ocean waving tothe sky at 6:30 AM.

From CB

Clay is featured in Joonang Daily(one of three major newspapers here-politically all three of them are crap but it's great to see him featured in major newspaperwink.gif )

Here are the translation: http://news.joins.com/article/3269492.html?ctg=1502

Olympic BGM focus on "Challenge rather than victory"

-Songs welcomed by broadcasts and commercials

htm_20080822013756a000a800-001.JPG

When Park Tae-hwan receive the gold medal after he won the Beijing Olympics male 400m swimming, there was a song which made the touching moment more special. It is Clay Aiken's ballads "On My Way Here'. As the part 'I've seen the best,I've seen the worst...Faith has conquered fear' fits with Park's story, it created a sensation.

The song which was played on MBC's Olympics broacast got huge attention right after it went on the air,many internet users asking the name of the song. It is now very popular as bgm of mini homepage(similar to myspace,facebook)

It's unusual that ballads song is used at the moment of victory in sports games. Queen's 'We Are The Champions', Koreana's 'To The Victory', Cho Soomi's 'O Korea' have been used frequently but they are not played that much this year's Olympics. Instead, pop songs of which lyrics are about doing their best to achieve their goals without giving up are being played. Now, it is focused more about making efforts to realize their dream than just about winning the game.

*snip(it's about Donna Summer's 'Stamp Your Feet' and Krystal Myer's 'Make Some Noise' song)*

Kang Jae-duck,the music director of TV commercial, said "Previously, the music of sports broadcasts and commercials focused on the melody but this time, songs for Olympics seem to be chosen based on lyrics or message the songs contain," he added "It has to do with the change of perception that players' efforts are moer important than the colors of the medal."

It means that lasting touching emotion becmes more important than temporary excitement. *snip(about Jim Brickman's 'Hear me' and Westlife's 'You Raise Me Up' at the World Cup)*

"Contains the message that the more you experience the hard times, the more you grow up"

Aiken, who sang Park Tae-hwan's Gold Medal Song 'On My Way

htm_20080822013756a000a800-003.JPG Clay Aiken(30:he's 30 already in Korean age) is the star for American Idol season 2. Although he was the runner-up of the TV show, his debut album 'Measure of a Man' went #1 on Billboard chart,which made him called 'Winner-like Runner-up'. He planned to become special-ed teacher, the appearance on the Idol has changed his life. As a sincere Christian, he is also active in his role of the Unicef ambassador. His fourth album released on May 'On My Way Here' gets popular. We had a interview with him on the telephone.

'On My Way Here' gets a lot of attention.

"All the people you meet and all the things you experience makes who you are. This song contains the message that you learn from experiences and become wiser person.I believe that the more you go through hardships,the more you become the better person."

-There are many people who are unhappy about the color of medals.Have you ever felt unhappy about being runner-up?

"What I learned from American Idol is that the ranking doesn't matter.Whether you finished as the winner or 12th, you can get rewards as much as you make efforts. Of course, you get many things when you win but it is up to the individual keeping them.I think my life would have not been different if I had won."

-Any advice for contestants of star searching TV shows?

"Be yourself. People will try to change you as they want from appearance, character to musical tastes.Don't sway and keep focusing on what you want."

-I heard that you established the charity foundation naming after Michael Bubel, the kid you take care of before Idol.

"Now Michael became grown-up young man. I learned a lot teaching Michael.Also I realized that it takes a lot of patience to become a teacher."

Love the new banner, cindilu2!

I kind of feel like I'm in the middle of a Spam sandwich where the meat and the bread got mixed up.....Oh! Wow! I bet that Leno thing was a sign! Ya gotta be on the ball around that Clay guy....all the time.

Can you still purchase those pins shown above or are they a thing of the past?

I'm pretty sure I have extras of these (somewhere), if you can hang on a month or so, I'll bring what I have here back with me at the end of September. Love the new design, too! Sign me up for two of them and if there is another doing-redoing pin, I'm up for that, too. Would be a shame for him to become undone just because he's a father now. (I'm going to mull that line over a few times to get the most out of its possible meanings.)

I'm sitting here counting on my fingers what the time is in Newark now. I think it must be 2:30 am since it's 1:30 pm here. I woke up this morning to the news about Nuri and it's soon to make landfall at Hong Kong status. :thtwister2: Safe travels to you, KAndre and Scarlett. I hope you get out of there soon! Keep the updates coming in all their glorious detail....getting there is half the fun, right? Right?

Clay Aiken, I have 5 words for you..."Get your ass to Korea." The more money you make, the better it is for me.....sort of in the same vein as the more money my husband makes, the better it is for me......er.....I guess that should be you, too. And besides all that, yes, couchie, it is very cool indeed.

I've unpacked the wayward shipment that finally arrived in Baku. Not too much was broken, a few plates and a picture frame, but I counted 107 pieces of clothing that are unwearable until they are ironed at home or pressed at the cleaners. Can't dump all this on Lena.....and I told those packers I wanted to pack the clothes myself but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they knew how to do it......

Okay, I am done bitching about my move from this point on. Though I do hope all the customs duties have been paid and its contraband status has been lifted.

When did BMX biking become an Olympic sport? I'll be in Houston on October 1st, I have a tattoo with that date on my wrist. Hopefully, Scarlett and KAndre will be back from Hong Kong by then.

:welcome23:preden!

Do you like profiles by any chance?

356682566_qErpZ-XL.jpg

Good Morning Peeps!

Clay Aiken, I have 5 words for you..."
Get your ass to Korea.
"
The more money you make, the better it is for me.....sort of in the same vein as the more money my husband makes, the better it is for me......er.....I guess that should be you, too. And besides all that, yes,
couchie
, it is very cool indeed.

WOW how did you get inside my head? That is exactly what I was thinking when I found out about OMWH being used for the Korean athlete..... The Koreans LOVE international artists..

Love the pin, love the banner. Put me down for 2 of each new pin design please, have to keep my collection up to date!

Safe travels, KAndre & Scarlett. I hope you made your flight on time this morning and everything went off without a hitch. Delayed/cancelled flights are no fun, and I speak from experience.

Love the Korean article, and love that the song made enough of a splash that they felt the need to talk to him about it. Do we think that is a new interview, or just pieces of an old one? Either way, it's cool!

Off to impersonate a fellow employee again. This is getting old.