#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

While we're waiting for Clack, how about a little hit of Rack?

Reed has an Elton John music video in his list of credits. The Heart of Every Girl - a song from the movie "Mona Lisa Smile". Reed's the tall dancer in the tan jacket. He first shows up well at :23.

Phew *fans self* He is very, very flexible. They are both lucky guys.

Bottlecap Thanks so much! I loved that video. I was prepared to love anyone Clay loved, but it SURE helps that he's so easy to look at. LOL. Love that high kick.

Cool video! That's not a familiar Elton song for me, so I really enjoyed the song. As far as the dancers go...well, that one in the back, with the tan jacket...he has nice eyes. And is bendy. I hear he's dating someone special.

Is the clack here yet? I've got friends coming over this evening, and want to not be rude to them.

Is the clack here yet? I've got friends coming over this evening, and want to not be rude to them.

I think if you want quick Clack, you'd have to try to get the Clackgathers tossed out of Sardi's / Juniors / whatever where they're probably all parked, eating and drinking and chatting it up.

:5: Priorities, people!

Clay's final performance recaps. January 4

from canuck at CV:

Hi everyone. Just a short reprt from our room between the show and dinner.

OMG - nothing I've ever seen can compare. :laughcry :yaysmiles :thud

I guess you already have fun details.

Just a couple.

Huge applause for everyone. The whole cast into it.

Purposefully NO tunic flip - crowd moaned - Clay glanced around. Too funny. He so knows how he owns us and he was so teasing us. :lmao

Dancers bawling at the end and comforting each other.

Clay took his wig off during final bow. GAH!!!!

Funniest show ever before in the world. Laughed till I ached.

The headless knight got up and took a quick bow after losing his head to killer rabbit.

one little aside = Reed was there. :lmao GAH! :thud gorgeous.

Enormous applause for YCSOB - standing ovation. Clay gave a "crazy" sign to King and pointed to us. Hysterical.

Lancelot came out with Concorde and said "Hurry Concorde,, I heard a lot of screams"

Dice girl got a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg kiss. Audience went nuts.

Kissed the girl who gave him the drink.

Naughty girl in tights got a big slap on the rear.

No one stopped him when he was yodeling.

Everyone in the cast was into the fun of the show and were grinning like crazy and loving it.

If SD video makes itself public in the next two-three hours, and it's not in a vault by then -- could someone please grab me a copy? I need to eat dinner and then friends are coming over to exchange Christmas presents. BTW, these are friends that are going to see Spamalot with us in a few weeks. We're presenting them with a can of Spamalot Spam, a Not Dead Yet t-shirt, and a killer bunny puppet for Christmas.

Muski checking in....and I saw NO sign of Brett, by the way. I did see Reed and Nick and a couple of older guys with them, but no Brett. Maybe somebody else saw him somewhere, but nope...no Brett.

Reed IS very nice looking in person. Great smile.

Heading to a book store right now, though....later!

P.S. Claygasm just said (for bottlecap) that ACE is hotter than Reed...although perhaps their arms would rival each other! :)

Please, PLEASE, those of you who were there--give us every little tiny detail about Clay, Reed, the crowd, the reaction, the SD, the crowd singing, the reactions of the audience, the reactions of the other performers, the looks on Clay's face, etc. etc. etc.

No pressure though.

Message from annabear that she was in the row in front of Reed, Brett, Jeff (step brother? is that right?) and Nick. She says Reed is incredibly good looking in person. She also got a very short video of the rooftop....

I can't help but think about how scared he must have been to come out--and it's not been so long--and then to have this HUGE outpouring of love and support.

It makes me proud to be a Claymate.

:::sob:::

Coming out without his wig...Sir Robin is no more...Clay Aiken is back!

:::sob:::

Ace. Reed. WHY DO WE HAVE TO CHOOSE???? I ain’t choosing. I’m taking both, plus Clay, plus Derek from Dancing with the Stars (talk about athletic!!), plus anyone else who suits me. <g>

ldyjocelyn Thanks for repairing that Bagdad blog link. I just got back on line a few minutes ago.

While we're waiting for Clack, how about a little hit of Rack?

Reed has an Elton John music video in his list of credits. The Heart of Every Girl - a song from the movie "Mona Lisa Smile". Reed's the tall dancer in the tan jacket. He first shows up well at :23.

Thank you thank you....has anyone seen the movie? Is it any good?

If Reed isn't dancing in Wicked anymore I wonder if he will be joining Clay in Raleigh? I sure hope so.

Well...I guess I'm just Brett blind, 'coss I didn't see him. Now one of the older guys with Nick and Reed might have been Jeff, for sure---I doubt I'd recognize him. But in the seats Nick was on the aisle seat, then Nick then two other guys, but I swear I didn't think either of the other two were young enough to be Brett. Plus I'd recognize him, I think!

Anyhoo....the last show was perfect...well, almost. He didn't sing "Amen"--only a brief note on '"Ah"...I was crushed! I really wanted to hear the soulful, long drawn-out "Amen" :cry4:

Oh, by the way....did I mention that those white pants were FIIIIIINNNE for all this last weekend's peformances? :hubbahubba: Verra, verra, verra fine indeed. :Thud: And today's two thrusts were to DIE for---those thrusts along with the fiiiiiinnnne white pants made for entertainment, let me tell YOU!

I was happy to see that he toned his performance down a bit today---not so OTT, which the other shows were, IMO, in this second round of Spam that I saw. Some faves of mine from today (with warning that I do NOT take notes, nor try to remember everything, so my report won't be at all comprehensive!)

1. When he sat down at the piano, he very carefully did NOT show any bum! The whole audience went, "Awwwwwwww" quite loudly and then he turned his head around and gave and "Neener, neener" smirk! Priceless...

2. YWSOB was superb---the best, I think, ever. And at the end the crowd was NUTS---everybody stood up and just kept cheering. He did his kneeling for the applause and the place was SCREAMING! He went to stand in front of the king and the cheers wouldn't die down....Just went on and on. The king was smiling super big and when the cheers wouldn't stop, Clay started just looking up and all around in the air, waiting....Finally, the king could say, "Well, I guess we'd better go find some Jews" and they walked off.

3. The next scene was Lancelot and Concord and when they came out, Rick said something like, 'Here, Concord...this way...where the screams were coming from!" :cryingwlaughter:

4. When the Knights of the Round Table part was happening, people were cheering for every knight when Tom was announcing them from the tower. When Clay came out, the sound was deafening, of course...and Tom said, "Brave Sir Robin" (out RAAAAGEous cheers) and with all the cheering, Clay walked off the stage! and then walked back on to more cheering! Then Tom picked up with as you probably already know, slayed the ...." :hahaha:

5. You've heard that LOTL did "Invisible"---Clay didn't react at all, the little shit. When Rick (Knights of Ni) sang "as long as we're here" and then said, "It sounds better in a lower key"...the Clay audience was cracking up; the cast were looking amused and Clay was just looking around at the king and other cast members as if, "I have no idea what he's talking about...he's very strange." (I wonder about the non-Clay fans at this point. I can't imagine they knew what the HELL was going on! I mean, they'd know about "Invisible" but not ALAWH)

6. Tim the Enchanter was CRACKING UP when the beheaded knight fell down and then stood back up and took a bow! The other knights and Patsy were just looking at each other and grinning, amazed! It was a riot!

7. French Taunters! Off the chart! Rick pulled down Tom's pants and then put his hand inside the front and rubbed. Then he took it out and sniffed it! You could see Clay's shoulder's shaking--he was trying not to lose it.

8. The yellow dice girl would NOT let him go. They kissed and she kept pulling him to her for more! He'd already gotten a big on-the-mouth kiss from the blue Camelot girl!

9. During the finale song when he, Patsy and Bevedere were standing together, Patsy was banging his tamborine on Clay's FIIIIIIINNNNNNe ass.

10. When the LOTL had taken her bow, she indicated with a look and a sweep of her hand that....."HERE HE COMES!" It was sweet.

I loved that the audience showed love to ALL the cast today---everyone got very loud cheers. In fact, when Tom first came out to do the prologue, we cheered so loud he sorta looked at us and shook his head and rolled his eyes, as if to say, "Oh, puh-leeze!"

I'll try to remember more. BUt I read upthread where someone had said that she hoped people left Reed alone. Alas...it was not to be. During intermission (when Reed immediately began texting, by the way... :sleezy:), a well-known fan came up from the back, tapped him on shoulder and then put her hand out to shake when he turned around. She said something to him and then left. I noticed that Nick, while she was talking to Reed, was just looking straight ahead. (Nick was on Reed's left so the handshake took place between the two men.) and then when she was gone and Reed turned back around, he sorta hit his playbill against his leg (not angrily or anything, more like he's counting to ten!) a number of times...I could be projecting, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was also rolling his eyes at that point. Personally, I was cringing. Sorry, all those who think there's nothing wrong with that. But I just think it's sooooooooo wrong.

However....the show was absofuckinglutely amazing. Wonderful. And when he came out without his wig....he looked hot! and when he came out on the balcony in his sweater and jeans? Holy HAWT man, Batman! He was smokin'! :hubbahubba:

Sigh. I miss him already but also am so very happy for him and hope he enjoys his time away from the spotlight.

I think if you want quick Clack, you'd have to try to get the Clackgathers tossed out of Sardi's / Juniors / whatever where they're probably all parked, eating and drinking and chatting it up.

:5: Priorities, people!

annabear also has nice video but yes, we're just starting to come back from the post-show parties -- bear with us. People wanted to hang around each other as long as possible today.

Please, PLEASE, those of you who were there--give us every little tiny detail about Clay, Reed, the crowd, the reaction, the SD, the crowd singing, the reactions of the audience, the reactions of the other performers, the looks on Clay's face, etc. etc. etc.

No pressure though.

Will try to fill in all the gaps. We called at intermission but there was too much crowd noise to get things through. Will try to read what you already have and add what's missing and/or more details....

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

CG here........

P.S. Claygasm just said (for bottlecap) that ACE is hotter than Reed...although perhaps their arms would rival each other! :)

In the interest of research, you've got this:

Ace-12.jpg

versus this:

Reed_handstand.jpg

Discuss amongst youselves.

:hubbahubba: to both!!!

Ace. Reed. WHY DO WE HAVE TO CHOOSE???? I ain’t choosing. I’m taking both, plus Clay, plus Derek from Dancing with the Stars (talk about athletic!!), plus anyone else who suits me. <g>

I ain't choosing! I want them all!! (Like I have a chance with any of them....)

If Reed isn't dancing in Wicked anymore I wonder if he will be joining Clay in Raleigh? I sure hope so.

Do we know Reed is no longer dancing in Wicked?? I mean, maybe he just took the day off.

I am still wondering how I missed Brett. Lurker Friend and I both commented there was no Faye, Jaymes or Brett. We saw Nick, Reed and an older man and a woman standing right outside the theater as we went in. I made a point of looking closely at Reed them and I KNOW I would have noticed Brett if he were with them. Then inside there was Nick, Reed and the older man sitting in a row, but again I didn't see Brett! Now since EVERYONE else did except muski, Lurker Friend and I, he must have been there, but I am perplexed how we missed him!

I can't really add anything to muski's recap. The show was WONDERFUL. Clay was great, Rick was out of this world, Tom was amazing - everyone. It was truly the beginning of the end for Spamalot. The beginning of their last week; the departure of one of their major cast members.... It must all be so bittersweet for everyone. I just kept thinking as I was watching this show how much joy, how much laughter, how many smiles this show has brought - not just since Clay has been associated with it, but since it debuted on Broadway - what was it, in 2005? No matter how bad things may be in your real life, walking into that theater gives you a little over 2-hours of unadulterated joy. I remember the first time I saw it. My father lay dying. It had been a very emotional and stressful several months. My mother told me I should go - I NEEDED to go. And I did and I have never laughed so hard in all my life and it was like for at least a few hours, a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders - and my heart. The next day reality returned, but man, that show was a gift for me then. And it doesn't even have to be something as heavy as that. You could just have had a bad day, or been in a bad mood - whatever. I dare anyone to walk out of that theater after seeing that show not feeling better than when they walked in!

What a great job it must be to be able to lift the spirits and the hearts and the minds of so many people!

I will miss Clay - but he will be back Don't know when but he WILL be back. But soon the lights will go dark on the Shubert and the Knights of the Round Table will be no more.

I am so grateful that Clay was in the show, not only because of being able to see him in his Broadway debut, but because he was in Spamalot I got to see Spamalot and experience all the joy it had to give.

So farewell not only to Brave Sir Robin but to Lancelot and Galahad and Bevedere and King Arthur and the Lady of the Lake and Herbert and all the others. Thanks for the laughter and the fun. There is no greater gift you can give and you all gave it so well.

CG here........

Do we know Reed is no longer dancing in Wicked?? I mean, maybe he just took the day off.

Apparently, Reed isn't listed in the current Playbill for Wicked, and he wasn't in the online cast listing when I checked this evening, and he was definitely there before. No clue if Reed's just taking some time off from Wicked or if he's moving on to other projects.

I'm glad you guys all had such a great show tonight. Thanks for all the recaps and the forthcoming Clack!!!

Hi Guys - I know you have already seen it but here is my video of Clay waving goodbye from the rooftop. I think its pretty good so I thought I would post in case anyone wants to take another look.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7bwkl3

by the way, when walking to my seat I passed right by Reed walking the other way so he was like inches from me. Clay is my one and only but Reed does have incredible eyes!!! More later... hee