#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

I was so excited when I saw RCA was selling the VERY BEST of Clay Aiken.

Then, I realized they were probably talking about songs.

:lmaosmiley-1:

hmmm I was just reading this...maybe we can expect a new anthem from Clay...and it's funny how some people don't get the ruthless label but were just as bad as the Clives of the world.

"It's Your Thing" is an influential funk single by the Isley Brothers. Released in 1969, the funk (and feminist) anthem was an artistic response to Motown chief Berry Gordy's demanding hold on his artists after the Isleys left the label in late-1968.

Thanks JMH.. I think I have everything Luther but maybe I'll get Cyndi Lauper. I love her but don't have much of her music.

Wow! Clay, Sinatra, Van Morrison, Billie Holiday, Cheap Trick, Marvin Gaye! The various Bob Dylans look good, too.

Here is a message board I found that discusses remastering in excruciating detail.

After reading some of it I decided I won't think about it any more, I'll just buy stuff I like.

to buy remastered or to not - that is the question!

The CD cover is MOAM-era pictures... pretty, but... At least I think those are MOAM-age pictures... I'm not good at timing pictures.

ETA: Hmm, that didn't work...

EATA: This was the link to the CD cover: Pretty piccy, hopefully Dangit.

EYATA: Here's the link to the page: *crosses fingers* Heh, I'm slow!

Yup, that's MOAM-era. Wonder if that means the album will be heavy on MOAM. IMO, that's the only pop album of his that needs remastering.

It's the only one of the upcoming releases to get a cover so far, so they are very aware that it is attracting interest.

Those people are crazy DJS..they HATE bonus tracks.

Well, I understand completely - bonus tracks detract from the purity of the original recordings.

Bwahahahaha! Like I wouldn't want a bonus track of Clay gargling or Clay ordering pizza!!

Did Flock of Seagulls have enough of a body of work for a Best of? I must have been drunk working really long hours at the office during those days, all I remember is a keyboard and weird hair and the same song over and over.

So, does anyone know if Ah-ha! sang Take on Me live at the Grammys, all those years ago? That always seemed, IMO, to be a harder song to sing live than the SSB.

(Yes, that was a segue or a WTF? or a non sequitur. Pbffffttt!)

purdy Clay

I love the cover...wonder if it is real or fan generated?

Kim

I saw a number of "The Very Best of" CDs with similar covers, so I think it is real.

Hee - if nothing else Clay will be happy about looking so young!

That is a great pic of him (and one that people who haven't been paying attention since AI will recognize)

Probably the point. No matter, Clay's a smexy beast no matter what... although I was rooting for an AIW-ish hair cover.

I love the cover...wonder if it is real or fan generated?

Kim

I saw a number of "The Very Best of" CDs with similar covers, so I think it is real.

I didn't know they used similiar covers...now we just need a tracklist!

Kim

Yup, that's MOAM-era. Wonder if that means the album will be heavy on MOAM. IMO, that's the only pop album of his that needs remastering.

It's the only one of the upcoming releases to get a cover so far, so they are very aware that it is attracting interest.

I would buy that one again :) It had so many fun songs & even though I was never able to attend any of them the concerts supporting that CD just seemed like the most fun. Actually I watch those concert clips the most especially I Survived You (love that song).

Oy. Totally O/T, but does anyone know if Toshiba is a good brand for external hard drives? With my computer going kaput a day ago, I'm looking into getting an external hard drive so that I can (hopefully) transfer all my stuff onto it before I send it in to be fixed. I asked my bro, the only person I know who knows computers, and he's recommending Western Digital and Seagate because of their warranties, but they seem a little pricey... (Get what you pay for, I know, but...) So I just thought I'd ask here for a little advice.

Well I don't know about Toshiba, but I would agree with your brother. Seagate and Western Digital have a really good reputation and if (heavens forbid) they fail there is a 5 year warrantee on them. Like you said you get what you pay for. I have noticed, though that harddrives are coming down in price. They used to be $1 per gig now they are much much less. Maybe just keep your eye out for a sale.

I would like a Clay Aiken dance mix CD :)

Hmmm you may want to rethink that. cindilu2 and luckiest1 can attest that a dance mix is not necessarily an improvement. We had that experience at the David Cassidy concert we went to see, luckiest1 and I are/were huge fans.

Oy. Totally O/T, but does anyone know if Toshiba is a good brand for external hard drives? With my computer going kaput a day ago, I'm looking into getting an external hard drive so that I can (hopefully) transfer all my stuff onto it before I send it in to be fixed. I asked my bro, the only person I know who knows computers, and he's recommending Western Digital and Seagate because of their warranties, but they seem a little pricey... (Get what you pay for, I know, but...) So I just thought I'd ask here for a little advice.

Well I don't know about Toshiba, but I would agree with your brother. Seagate and Western Digital have a really good reputation and if (heavens forbid) they fail there is a 5 year warrantee on them. Like you said you get what you pay for. I have noticed, though that harddrives are coming down in price. They used to be $1 per gig now they are much much less. Maybe just keep your eye out for a sale.

Thanks, goldarngirl. My brother kept suggesting TB hard drives too me, which was way overkill. Mostly I'm just going to be storing my assorted bits of Clack, so I've been wrestling with the idea of going cheap with a small 160 GB Toshiba for around $50 or trying to think long term and go with the 500 GB Western Digital for around $75... I'm leaning towards the Western Digital, even though I kind of doubt I'll use up that much space. I'm trying to convince my mother to split the cost with me and I'll probably back up all of our vacation photos and videos for her if she does... The downside to the Western Digital is it will have to be shipped to me, meaning I'll have to delay sending my computer off to be repaired until I get the hard drive... >_> Ugh. This is so not the time for me to be having these issues...

ETA: In another totally random aside brought on by my iPod offering up DIAFCD to me, does anyone know if there's a story behind Clay and "Baby, that's a fact" in DSIAFCD? I was watching a video where he dropped his voice real deep when he sang it... and everybody screamed. :) It was funny, but I was a little lost.

EATA: Hee, cindilu2 luckiest1! I'm typically a "bigger is better" (not smutting either!) kind of person... unless of course I'm paying for it! :whistling-1: Why, yes, I am a tightwad... why do you ask? :lol:

goldarngirl

I was only joking with the dance mix :) who knows it might be fun

*imagines a Clay Aiken dance remix*

"If I was invis-uh-uh-uh-uh-ble, then I could just wa-a-a-tch you in your r-r-r-r-room..."

Or would that be a techno remix? :shrug: Eh. I don't know music--I just know I like Clay! :D

ETA: In another totally random aside brought on by my iPod offering up DIAFCD to me, does anyone know if there's a story behind Clay and "Baby, that's a fact" in DSIAFCD? I was watching a video where he dropped his voice real deep when he sang it... and everybody screamed. :) It was funny, but I was a little lost.

Clayzcoffin, I have three Cavalry's and mumblemumble LaCie's. None of them have ever failed. Got them all cheap--the Cavalry's all came from Buy.com. Last one was 1 TB for $109 and free shipping. First-time customers get a little bit off, and first-time google checkout customers get $10 also.

Scarlett has a favorite electronics online store, but I can't remember the name.

DSIAFCD--that just evolved, because it sounded sexy, and because he's singing about hugging, so people reacted, so he played it up, and people reacted some more. It became one of those fun moments. I think he sounds like Elvis when he does that.

goldarngirl

I was only joking with the dance mix :) who knows it might be fun

*imagines a Clay Aiken dance remix*

"If I was invis-uh-uh-uh-uh-ble, then I could just wa-a-a-tch you in your r-r-r-r-room..."

Or would that be a techno remix? :shrug: Eh. I don't know music--I just know I like Clay! :D

I have no idea how these came to be (and even more scary, I don't know how the hell I remembered these), but if you can right-click and save, try this link from Clack Unlimited:

IWCY and Invisible -- the dance mixes

Thanks, goldarngirl. My brother kept suggesting TB hard drives too me, which was way overkill. Mostly I'm just going to be storing my assorted bits of Clack, so I've been wrestling with the idea of going cheap with a small 160 GB Toshiba for around $50 or trying to think long term and go with the 500 GB Western Digital for around $75... I'm leaning towards the Western Digital, even though I kind of doubt I'll use up that much space. I'm trying to convince my mother to split the cost with me and I'll probably back up all of our vacation photos and videos for her if she does... The downside to the Western Digital is it will have to be shipped to me, meaning I'll have to delay sending my computer off to be repaired until I get the hard drive... >_> Ugh. This is so not the time for me to be having these issues...

EATA: Hee, cindilu2! I'm typically a "bigger is better" (not smutting either!) kind of person... unless of course I'm paying for it! :whistling-1: Why, yes, I am a tightwad... why do you ask? :lol:

I think I would go for the larger drive too, just sayin'