#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

From notacanuck at CC:

Grammy submission lists have leaked. Here are Clay's submissions (that I know about so far)

Best Pop Vocal Performance Male

Unchained Melody - Clay Aiken

Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals

Crying - Clay Aiken & Linda Eder

Best Long Form Video

Clay Aiken, Tried & True Live!

Album of the Year

Clay Aiken, Tried & True

EEEE I LOVE seeing Clay's name with the word "Grammy"! Even if right now it's just "submission" and not "nomination" or "winner". Though I'm hoping for both of those someday!

Just read there will be a dinner for 10 auctioned off tonight. Dangit why am I poor??

Just back from picking up my gala ticket for tonight. They have the silent auction items out on display already, accepting bids. I was a v.v. bad girl and bid on a number of things that I don't need and can't afford, so I hope I get outbid on most. ;) Some beautiful stuff. Really gorgeous photos and handmade quilts and needlepoints, knit items, hand crafted items. The room was large and just full, it took me almost an hour to go through it and appreciate it all. Kudos to everyone who donated something. We are at table #23, so not the very back of the room (there are 35 tables this year).

Inside the package there is a list of the live auction items and, as someone already mentioned, one of them is a dinner with Clay for 10. There is two front row seats to any venue on the winter tour, along with 2 nights in a hotel. Another is the Hammer pants. cryingwlaughter.gif Can't wait for that auction! I hope he wears them and then whips them off for the winner. whistling-1.gif No, that was not smut.

Is it 5:30 yet? I am getting excited. I am going to head back to the Marriott soon, anyways, to hang out with friends.

The CV cellstream expects to start at 8:00. Hopefully,someone else will hop on here and help with the play by play.

From toni7babe at CV:

Report from Gala from friend via email to me:

He just walked in. Got a haircut. Looks fantastic! Dark suit. Light purple shirt. Dark tie. Can't see colors well as is dark in here.

She sees Jamie there, has not seen Jaymes.

Hair is shorter and just a tad spiked.

Thanks bottle!! Don't know if I can keep it up, but here's a tidbit from geekette at CH:

At the gala - they're doing a red carpet going, chatting with attendees. Joe the auctioneer is here. Yay! Should be a fun auction!

I :wub: Joe the auctioneer.

The peeps at the Gala must be eating slow, because it's 8:20, and the cellcert hasn't started yet. Choke down that cheesecake you guys, and let's get this party started! I'm having to spend my time folding laundry and that's not particularly fun. :P

The menu:

menuanddessert2.jpg

Here's what I can make out of it:

salad

baby spinach and watercress

cucumber

lemon ? vinaigrette or ? vinaigrette

entree

lightly breaded breast of chicken

short ribs

served over marsala mushroom sauce

accompanied by ?

and fresh green beans

sides?

california medley

?

dessert

? cheesecake accompanied by

caramelized apples and caramel sauce

or

chocolate cake

with mocha cream and raspberry drizzle

coffee and tea

The stream switched over, and Clay is now speaking - intro'ing Jerry Aiken.

Jerry is doing a summary of the past year's accomplishments.

And then the cellstream went into a loop and we're hearing the same thing over again for the third time.

Okay, missed a chunk of the speeches there when the stream burped.

There's a woman speaking now. I missed the intro, but if I had to guess, I'd think it's Diane Bubel.

A lot of different people saying short things about inclusion--bell ringing in between each. Reminds me of the Zendo. I look forward to seeing this--it sounds really good.

I think this is a video, BTW, I didn't say that. (I'm listening to the CV stream after trying various other things....)

Ah, I see that the CH is waiting until the auction starts, in order to conserve battery life. Probably smart, as the auction could go for a while (between Joe and Clay!), and I want to hear the performances too!

A young man is speaking, sounds older. Haven't got the cadence of his words yet. "Point is to come together with the same goal, to change the world. I think I speak for all 20 of us when I say that this is such an honor that words cannot describe. Thank you from all of us, thank you so much."

I think these are a group of 20 kids who are receiving an award.

Award for PepsiCo, this is the corporate award they give every year.

Now there's going to be a PepsiCo video, I reckon. At any rate, another video is starting.... yes, it's a PepsiCo video.

Something funny is happening. Technical difficulties?? It's started. It's stopped. Hee. Back to a speech from the PepsiCo guy gal.

Applause. Next up, Clay and Diane.

Clay is amazed at the changes, what they've accomplished. We are the definition of grassroots.

Diane: a bunch of Beta-Alpha groups--6,000? Have raised $400,000.

Founder's Award. Nominees.

Winner is Illinois Voices for Inclusion.

A speech from their representative.

Is this Linda Loveland?

Final Champion of the event - lost concentration, sorry. Can't remember the award or her name, this is last year's winner.

Documentary film, "Darius Goes West." Cast and crew of the film, 2010 Champion's Trophy.

(10 guys who take their friend Darius to do all the things he wanted to do, on the road for 100's of 1000's of miles.)

Film. About the film. "Darius Goes West" will be on MTV soon.

3 of the guys accepting the award.

Really great speech, funny, a Clay reference.

Champion's Trophy -- to the makers of the film "Darius Goes West."

Check out the trailer if you can. It looks like a fantastic film.

(I switched over the the CV stream...very clear...)

Hey, ldyj--want to take over?? :cryingwlaughter:

Sorry, I was at the bathroom now...LOL!

Auction starting, auctioning off the front row/M&G/hotel room for the TnT tour. Clay says who wins can sit in the wings, just off the stage!

Whoa...$10,500! Winner was diamondjake according to the stream, I think I heard was said.

Large Spamalot poster is next. Went for $3500? Or the previous amount...I lost concentration too!

I think it's one of his first platinum records up for auction now...

$6500. It's the first plaque he received.

I believe it's another pair of the Hammer pants -- this time the black ones. Lots of laughter -- Jerome is modeling the pants! HEE!

$3400.

Folk art painted chair winner. Having trouble getting a bid for it, it sounds like. $700.

Bringing Diane up to describe Clay's favorite auction item, ever. Original Mike Bubel art piece. Awwwwwww....

Clay's starting the auction at $500 himself. Final bid was $2300.