#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

pepsi11.jpg

Pepsi Refresh Project Links

TNIP Direct Link on the Pepsi site

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

Alternative link for voting if you have problems with the direct link:

The National Inclusion Project's website has a voting pop-up

http://www.inclusionproject.org/

:GM_FCA:

40 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I've got a "Best of Clay recorded" playlist on my iTunes (32 songs), but that was set up before TnT. I've thought about adding to it, but I love almost everything from TnT that it was hard for me to winnow it down, so I didn't. I think I may take their list and tweak it somewhat to make a new one. I'll let you know later how it comes out!

Good morning. I admire all of you who keep up with music. I almost only listen to music in the car. My ipod hasn't been charged up in six months or more. I am such a slacker.

If you get a chance watch "Darius Goes West". Mr Fear and I really enjoyed watching it last night. I'm going to share at work to let anyone who doesn't know about it, how inclusion works. You can see snippets of it at the website. Darius

That's how I keep up with music is in my car! hehe My iPod doesn't get used too much either, but it's a good thing cause it keeps it going for a longer time. My first iPod's battery died from me using it almost every day for 2 1/2 years. Usual length of an iPod battery is 14-16 months, if constantly used. The one I have now I got in Dec 08 and if I keep up the lack of use, I could have it for a good 6 more years maybe?

Hmmm, I tend to use my iPod when I'm travelling by plane (used to use it in the car but have misplaced my FM transmitter). I listened to/watched so much clack on Monday when we were having flight issues on the way home from Raleigh. I also dock my iPod in a little boombox the kids bought me so I can listen to it when I am cooking or otherwise messing around in the kitchen (which is a lot of the time). I don't tend to make mixed CDs anymore because of the shuffle feature, and the playlist feature. I have many different playlists to fit my mood....Clay no Xmas, Clay Xmas, Clay no live, Love Songs, Beatles and Related, etc, etc. Sometimes I just put it on Never Played since there are over 5,000 songs on the damned thing. No way I've listened to them all yet (although my top 100 are probably all Clay songs, hee).

For a long time, my iPod playlists were like my old mix CDs. I used to use my iPod a huge amount when I was driving back and forth to my mother's home all the time. Now I rarely use it, but have just started taking it on walks. Like some others have posted, it has also been a very long time since I updated it. That's what I've been up to lately, updating my audio in a variety of ways, eventually to include the iPod as well (ACK that's going to be a job!) (BUT FUN) and then I got the idea of making some mix CDs I can play on my CD player at home as I continue the unpacking. Also, the car I drive now doesn't have a working CD player, so I have to burn a CD and then record it onto a cassette. I've only done that so far with Tried and True, but would like to do it with some of the new stuff. I haven't tried my iPod with transmitter. In my previous car, I had to take the antenna off so there wouldn't be interference from radio, as there are way too many stations around Raleigh. I don't want to do that with this one, would prefer to get a working CD player one of these days.

Updating your iPod is actually the easy part, it's getting everything sorted in iTunes that's the problem. LOL

Exactly--that's what I mean--adding all the mp3 files I've accumulated that weren't associated with a commercial album, making new playlists, and so on.

I've actually done a pretty good job of "keeping up" -- adding new things as we get them to my iTunes. However, I'm NOT good with creating playlists (except for the one I mentioned earlier), and need to get back into the swing with this. I do tend to just use Shuffle, invariably a Clay song will come on...

The technological challenge I have to face next is that my 8 gig iPod Nano is full. But, I also have a 32 gig iPad. They share iTunes on my computer. I know I can separate those two out, so that the Nano has only the "absolutely, positively have to have them songs" while the iPad has all my music. Just gotta find the time and follow the directions!

Hey, weren't we supposed to be working on a "Best of the Timeless Tour" for audio? Crap, I think we need to get cracking on that!

I'm at least 1/3 the way done with my song for the TT. There is a done of video and mp3s out there. Yikes!!

Did I say that I love that the N.I.P. is partnering up with Susan Love's foundation in the Pepsi challange. I have admired her for years and I'm so happy to be voting for her group. They are pretty far up in the top ten for $250,000. so it should help us quite a bit. :twinklewhore:

I think this is the latest version of the list--if not, please correct me. I had to go back a looooong way to find it.

FWW/TITN

Suspicious Minds - FearOfH20

Bring it on Home to Me (Ruben) - luckiest1

60s Medley - couchie

Natural Woman (Casey)

Still the One - luckiest1

Marvin Gaye Medley (Ruben)

70s Medley - keepingfaith

Mandy - ldyjocelyn

Superstar (Ruben)

I'm Every Woman (Quiana)

Baby, Stay With Me Tonight? (Ruben) - goldarngirl

LackofRhythmitis Banter (Ruben)

When I See You Smile

80s Medley - cindilu2

Everything I Do, I Do For You (Ruben)

90s Medley - vivs

I've Had the Time of my Life - jmh123

I signed up for one. :twinklewhore:

Thanks for bringing that over, jmh. And for signing up. :) BTW we missed you on the weekend!

Thanks. I missed being there. Just wasn't in the cards this year. Had no money. Had car issues. It happens. Next time I go, I want to be able to stay there for the night. I live farther away now, and it was already kind of far.

I find it incredibly frustrating not being able to vote from Canada.

Me too every time I read a post exhorting me to vote and often.

keepingfaith Thanks for the information on the Essential Clay Aiken on iTunes. On that page I noticed some podcasts and downloaded them. Clay Aiken 5 I had not heard before. In it he talks at length about his reaction to seeing the devastation left by the tsunami.

Yesterday I decided to go through all the CD's I have burnt of Clack. There was a time when I had to have every bit of Clack I could find and of course had to burn CD after CD as my computer filled up. Now I don't need to do that. One can put so much more information on a DVD and thank Heavens there are vaults.

What I did keep were all the photographs and someday I hope to get around to organizing them.

I did feel a little sad as I consigned those CD's to the waste paper basket. Sad remembering the way I used to feel when I was so in love that I went to sleep every night and woke every morning thinking of Clay. It is so exhilarating being in the throes of infatuation and I miss that feeling, though I am glad that I experienced it.

Tonight I watched part of the Concert for George. Every so often I take out that DVD and treat myself to the music of George Harrison. He wrote beautiful songs, songs which can take me back 30,40,almost 50 years and bring back such memories.

Sorry, Canadians. :hug:

pepsi12.jpg

Pepsi Refresh Project Links

TNIP Direct Link on the Pepsi site

http://www.refresheverything.com/nationalinclusionproject

From your mobile phone:

Text* 102308 to

Pepsi (73774)

Alternative link for voting if you have problems with the direct link:

The National Inclusion Project's website has a voting pop-up

http://www.inclusionproject.org/

A catch-up post, via the Quiet1ne at the CH:

From Twitter: The Pittsburgh concert now has a billboard

And a pic from Randy Morrison's (Spamalot) facebook of a charity winner's dinner with the cast of Spamalot.

A cute Clay cartoon from Greg Williams.

From jb4clay at CV:

Has this been posted? I did look back and did not see it.

This is great!!

http://dailydragon.d...ject-needs-you/

The National Inclusion Project Needs You!

By Daily Dragon staff | October 21, 2010 | 9:06 am | Posted in: '11 Charity Events, 2011

The National Inclusion Project has been named as the 2011 Beneficiary of Dragon*Con Charity Events. Please help it earn a $50,000 "Refresh Everything Challenge" grant from Pepsi right now!

The National Inclusion Project serves to bridge the gap that exists between young people with disabilities and the world around them. "National Inclusion Project" partners with communities and inclusive programs creating awareness about the possibilities that inclusion can bring. Inclusion means giving people their rightful opportunity to participate, and "National Inclusion Project" works to make full inclusion a reality.

Pepsi is currently holding their "Pepsi Refresh Everything Challenge," in which they are giving away millions of dollars to nonprofit organizations each month. For the month of October, Nation Inclusion Project is in the running for a $50,000 grant. Prior to this past weekend, it was in 7th place. The top ten organizations, by vote, will each receive a $50,000 grant at the end of the month. Over this past weekend, "National Inclusion Project" slipped to 15th place, and it's still falling. Many of the organizations in the tens and twenties hit email lists and football games (yes, football games) really hard this past weekend, asking people to text their votes in. One group went from #25 to #6 in just three days.

National Inclusion Project is not an organization with a huge email distribution, or with a large media campaign budget. $50,000 would make a HUGE difference for them and in the work that they do. So please vote now. Votes can be submitted daily through text message by texting *102308* to Pepsi at (73774), or through Facebook or the Pepsi website.

Dragon*Con has a collective fan base of over 40,000 memberships from this year, and National Inclusion Project has asked for help with voting. If everyone voted only once, it would make a difference. If everyone voted daily, we could see "National Inclusion Project" at #1 before the month is out. There are only a few days left in this event, so please contact everyone you can as soon as possible! And vote!

:GM_FCA:

39 Days until Clay's Birthday!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Tonight I watched part of the Concert for George. Every so often I take out that DVD and treat myself to the music of George Harrison. He wrote beautiful songs, songs which can take me back 30,40,almost 50 years and bring back such memories.

Yes, me to. I love to watch Paul, Eric, Dhani, Ringo, Jeff Lynne, Billy Preston, Gary Brooker, Klaus Voormann, and company, make new magic with Something and While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Sam Holland did a great job too on her song. I also love to watch the R&R Hall of Fame edition of Guitar Gently Weeps with Prince. Prince blew my mind on that one. I wonder if Gary Brooker can still sing A Salty Dog, or even White Shade of Pale? What classics were on that stage that night!

ETA: jmh, I have a Dead inquiry for you .... Do you have an opinion on Ratdog's best version of Corrina? I'm looking for one I heard on the radio a couple of weeks ago that was too fine for words. There's one on Evening Moods, but I wonder if you have a recommendation. I LOVE the way Bob Weir sings that song!

keepingfaith, may I just say that your avatar is the cutest 'photobomb' I've ever seen? You are both adorable. :)

Awwww, you're so sweet. But, then you're just about the kindest, sweetest person I've ever known, so it's just like you to say something sweet. I will tell you, I think he made us all feel "adorable" that night! We missed YOU!

Back to my music search, it was that Corrina from Ratdog's Evening Moods -- I went to the KPFT.org radio archives and found it! If you want to hear GREAT music, eclectic, sometimes live, sometimes crazy, and always including some Dead and variations thereof in the 2-hour mix, I recommend the Deadbeat radio show on KPFT every Saturday afternoon at 3pm Central. It streams live, and you can download the shows to iTunes, too. There are many great and dedicated music shows on KPFT, but this one with Clay and Sandy (I love that, too!) is my favorite. It's commercial free, but for the next two weeks the shows are in pledge drive so it may not be the best time ... but maybe it will be. I mean, where ELSE can you turn on the radio these days and hear Van Morrison's "Who Drove The Red Sports Car" -- or Widespread Panic's "Sleeping Man" interspersed with "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" from the Dead's Postcards of the Hanging. It's my lifeline when I'm tooling around in the city on Saturday afternoons.

:helloFCA:

The entire Carolina On My Mind blog -- Clay Aiken Fans Rally New Votes for Inclusion Project -- is dedicated to the NIP/Pepsi Refresh and includes MagicalMusic's group text bingo function, Aikenite's classroom voting, the Daily Dragon post, and various ideas/fliers Aron Hall has sent us in recent emailings. I also included a paragraph about TruthRules/Clayzessed with a link to her remembrance page. :wub:

Perhaps the Canadians have friends/relatives in the US who would vote for you daily. We are still hanging around #13 and need to get to the safe side of 10.

Many thnx for your visits/comments, which help the Internet Clay blogs compete on Google.

Have a wonderful weekend rounding up new voters, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen: