# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

I'm back! Did you all miss me? I see Clay tweeted a few times. Good for him. Need to find out what the hashtag "#smh" stands for though, as he's used it both times. Anyone? Bueller?

This came through my Google news yesterday:

The Number One Song Ten Years Ago Today Will Surprise You

SMH generally means "shaking my head". Another good hashtag he could have used is #facepalm which would have worked equally well. *g*

So kinda Clay-related, Quiana was here today!!! She sang backup for Kelly Clarkson who held a concert for the opening of the new Microsoft Store at a local mall. I thought of going down to see it but ended up not, I kinda regret it now!

Thanks ldyj. I'm trying to forget it . Mr Fear always makes a big deal out of it. We had lunch with a friend and next week we are havinf lunch with 4 other friends. Didn't want a gift but he is getting me a new window dressing that I like for our sunroom.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I have two days to pack. So what am I doing? Sitting, playing on the computer, and watching "Next Food Network Star." I'm tired! (Actually, I've got clothes pulled out and ready to throw into the suitcase, but I'm really stressing on this. How exactly do you pack for Alaska? It's looking as if the temps are going to be between 60 and 70 degrees, with chances of rain every day.)

According to Facebook, Clay has been sighted in Raleigh at the YMCA....

Via Twitter, a new "old" picture. I think many of you remember Clay's "It's About Damn Time" speech from a few years ago. There was a North Carolina blogger, Pam Spaulding (an LGBT activist of color) who wrote about that experience; I started to follow her on Twitter after that, not to mention would read her blog. As of her today, her blog, Pam's House Blend, is closing its doors, so she's in reminiscence mode.

Here is a tweet with the link to the final blog:

So long, farewell: today we close Pam’s House Blend – a look back. It’s been real. | goo.gl/sqinA #lgbt

And then she posts a link to pictures of the people she's met over the years:

After 9 years of nonstop @phblend, here's an album w/a few peeps I've met along the way: ow.ly/mxpie #PHB

Here's the picture of her and Clay from that album. It may have been posted on the boards way back when, but I don't remember it.

pamclay_zpse8bebfb6.jpg

Hope you had a great special day, Fear! merrieeee, I started canning last year, but it's still too early in the season here for anything to be ready yet. My zucchini and green bean plants are starting to flower, and I have a few small tomatoes starting. But we're having a cooler summer than last year, so things are doing quite well. Today is Canada Day, but I am just staying home and taking it easy. I am also dreading the start of the fireworks tonight because my dogs will be in manic mode for hours.

I love, love, love that YMCA picture!

ldyj, I hope you have a great cruise!

luckiest, I love reading your food adventures! I am adventurous eater, but not as much an adventurous cook! So, I like to live vicariously through you.

On that note...I have to get up in 6 hours to begin our journey. I'm going to be "off the grid" for 10 days. Wish me luck. Everyone be good, take care of yourselves, and I'll see you on the flipside!

I'm thinking that Clay will show up and announce all kinds of things while I'm gone. I hope so anyway....

LadyJ have a wonderful trip.

Who would have thunk that the easiest thing in my life is sticking to a meal replacement plan. Job is stressing me out. I have to move and that is stressing me out. Bart is on strike and that is stressing me out. LOL. Oh well. Looking forward to a day off on Thursday. And I'm down 20 lbs!

The Biggest Loser eh? I couldn't do that in front of the world. Good luck to Ruben.

I hope you get to send that text Merrieeee.

Does anyone still get the shakes when their computer goes down. I was only without it for 12 hours but damn! And yes my phone was still working but not the same.

Hope you are having a great 4th. I'm working unfortunately.

• Like 1