# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

Tomorrow's our moving day. I'm exhausted. Things aren't going so well but hopefully it will all get straightened out. We did sell the washer and drier today, which was a big relief. Moving is not for weaklings.

Looking forward to getting settled In to the new place.

Moving is hard, hard work. Take it easy and do not overdo it!

More tweets!

Ten years ago exactly! m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=yYqJ… Where has the decade gone?!? So many thanks to so many people! #grateful

@ojetta1mp: @clayaiken @RubenStuddard @AmericanIdol You both made history: highest rated and still the best top 2 Eva! & BFF

Clay also just posted this on Facebook:

I don't get too nostalgic on this here Facebook thing very often, but ten years ago tonight my life changed.

Most of you I have met in the time since then, but some of you supported me and dreamed these dreams for me long before they became reality and others have helped make them so.

I'm not one for big displays of sentimentality (especially public ones!) but on this occasion I think it's only appropriate express my gratitude to all of you who have, over the past decade, helped to make that one night and that incredible experience last so long!

To all of you, my undying gratitude.

[media=]

And another tweet, with the same linked YouTube clip:

A bit of 10 year old nostalgia! Probably my favorite moment of the entire season! youtu.be/qk4X_bu0eZM @RubenStuddard @KimberleyLocke

I guess Clay posted a longer version of his FB post on his private Facebook page (what I posted was from his public page). I love what he posted, he's such a sweet pretend boyfriend! Anyway, Jerome posted on Clay's private FB page:

Jerome Bell Still standing . Same spot , same support, but with much more love and respect that I never would have imagined possible.

Love u dude

Talk about schmoopie...

A reply to his last tweet, from TruthBeTold2010:

@clayaiken @RubenStuddard@KimberleyLocke Has it been 10yrs? You guys are getting old!

Kim Locke replied:

Clay replied to both:

For the record, I'm the youngest of the three! ;-) RT @KimberleyLocke: @TruthBeTold2010 @clayaiken @RubenStuddard EASY on the Old!

Tweet:

Quote:

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken

You win! Happy Bday! RT @monidol: @clayaiken A bday wish would be great :)It's like the lottery, if I don't buy a ticket, I can't win! Sooo?

3:13 PM - 22 May 13

From CH!

Just was watching E News and Giulana Rancic said that Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson have already signed on to be judges on next season's Idol and the third judge would be either Adam Lambert or Clay Aiken.

That's what she said.

Are they cutting it back down to 3? I would definitely start watching again if Clay was on.... dunno if I'd listen to much else of it though. LOL :lol:

So I have some news!! I know I've been more of a lurker lately but I just haven't had much to add to the conversation and I've been had plans just about every weekend for a few months. But I digress...the good news! I officially have enrolled back in college! I turned in my admission form on Monday to a local community college and I'm just waiting for my welcome letter. Once I get that I can go through all the rest of it, getting my student ID and registering for the class I want to take. And no, that's not a typo.... I want to start slow and just see how I do with this one class before I start piling stuff on myself and getting overwhelmed. I'm going to take Marketing 1010 which is the first and most basic marketing class. Eventually maybe I'd like to go back to taking French as well, the first 2nd language I learned which I still absolutely love but it's so rusty since I haven't used it in years.

I'm SO looking forward to this fresh start and a new chapter in my life. I really hope this little step turns into something bigger. :)

• Like 2

Merrieeee - the first thing I saw when I sign on was your jury duty announcement and you saying GUILTY. That's a prime way to get out of jury duty. But I actually have been wanting to experience it. I get a jury summons every 2 years like clockwork but I have yet to serve.

Yay Celebrity Apprentice is over and I only had to suffer through a vew commericals when I watch The Voice. That may be the only show I watch on NBC.

I'm on vacation until next Thursday. Not a real one; a break from my mom LOL. She's in South Carolina.

And I started on a medical weight management program this week. Hoping to lose 40 lbs over the next 30 weeks.

And work is just killing me. Today I told them I need help. Tired of being there 10 hours and then coming home and working more hours or on the weekend. Just crazy. They don't pay me enough for that.

This weekend I'll finally get to watch all the play Clips. Looking forward to it.

Shorty Jill ..good luck with school.

Fear: your move made me tired. And I have to move some time in the next 4 months. Hate!

Good luck shortyjill . Baby steps are the way to go.

couchie I hope you get the help you need.

We are closing tomorrow on our old house. We just have to clean out the garage and utility rooms today. Yikes! I will never move again even if we hate it here. We have received so many welcoming gifts from neighbors here so I doubt that would happen.

We lost our cat , Simba, yesterday. He got in a fenced yard with three dogs and couldn't get out. A neighbor saw him and called me. I couldn't find him so I asked the dogs, "where's the cat?". They showed me where he was hiding. Ha, he was fine.

The Idol judges story is gaining a LOT of traction in the media. I'm not sure it will happen with ALL the names being bandied about, but I would be totally on board if Clay was added. I haven't watched the show in years, although I keep up with it via Entertainment Weekly and a lot of blogs (not to mention most of the Clay fan boards *g*). I think he would probably be a good judge. (I'd rather have him on The Voice, though...hee). I'm not going to get my hopes up too high on this -- I'm too much of a realist for that!

shorty -- congrats on going back to college! I think you'll do great, and it's good to start small in this regard.

Did I mention to you all that I'm going back to school in the fall as well? I know I've mentioned the class I was taking last semester at my workplace (a community college). Well, that was to get my feet wet in taking an online class, as I will be going for a Certificate of Advanced Studies (one step beyond my Master's). It's going to be interesting to do that plus work plus normal life plus Clay. Sigh.

Fear, I can't imagine moving anymore, so I feel your pain. Nice that you have great neighbors (so far)! And you scared me when you said you "lost" your cat -- I was thinking that he was permanently gone!

couchie, I'm glad you asked for help at work. No one should have to go through that, although I know people who thrive in that sort of environment (I'm not one of them!). I also hope the weight loss stuff works for you -- if you need help with that, please let me know! Vacation from Mom sounds kind of fun too!

Fear, glad your cat was ok! You scared me there for a second.

Good luck with your weight management program, couchie. Good for you.

shortyjill, congratulations!

I've been busy with gardening lately. My boys cut down one of my apple trees and it's taken over a week to get it bundled up to be picked up. We've had gorgeous weather the last couple of weeks. I have everything planted and now they are calling for a low temperature tonight of 4 C (with a windchill of -1). OMG, I don't think my tomatoes are going to like that very much.

How serious is this American Idol rumour? I can see Clay enjoying that if he was working with Kelly.

luckiest, I think much of it is just the Idol publicity machine trying to keep their name out there. We'll see though...

Clay retweeted this from Dee Snider:

Nah...I blame @clayaiken for banging a tambourine next to it! #soundslikearattlesnake RT @ggallin25 @deesnider Do you blame the horse?

Hee.

New book to order, for those of us who are "completists!" Found on twitter:

BLCh5FKCMAEvMU6_zps3cdc5607.jpg

I think I heard about this a few months ago, but didn't get too involved at that point. But now...off to Amazon!

I officially have enrolled back in college! I turned in my admission form on Monday to a local community college and I'm just waiting for my welcome letter. Once I get that I can go through all the rest of it, getting my student ID and registering for the class I want to take. And no, that's not a typo.... I want to start slow and just see how I do with this one class before I start piling stuff on myself and getting overwhelmed. I'm going to take Marketing 1010 which is the first and most basic marketing class. Eventually maybe I'd like to go back to taking French as well, the first 2nd language I learned which I still absolutely love but it's so rusty since I haven't used it in years.

I'm SO looking forward to this fresh start and a new chapter in my life. I really hope this little step turns into something bigger. :)

Exciting news! Congratulations!

I'm on vacation until next Thursday. Not a real one; a break from my mom LOL. She's in South Carolina.

And I started on a medical weight management program this week. Hoping to lose 40 lbs over the next 30 weeks.

And work is just killing me. Today I told them I need help. Tired of being there 10 hours and then coming home and working more hours or on the weekend. Just crazy. They don't pay me enough for that.

Good luck with the weight management program!! Boo for too much work. And yay for a little time off from Mom.

We are closing tomorrow on our old house. We just have to clean out the garage and utility rooms today. Yikes! I will never move again even if we hate it here. We have received so many welcoming gifts from neighbors here so I doubt that would happen.

We lost our cat , Simba, yesterday. He got in a fenced yard with three dogs and couldn't get out. A neighbor saw him and called me. I couldn't find him so I asked the dogs, "where's the cat?". They showed me where he was hiding. Ha, he was fine.

So glad you found the cat. That would have been awful if it were lost. Hee about asking the dogs!

Did I mention to you all that I'm going back to school in the fall as well? I know I've mentioned the class I was taking last semester at my workplace (a community college). Well, that was to get my feet wet in taking an online class, as I will be going for a Certificate of Advanced Studies (one step beyond my Master's). It's going to be interesting to do that plus work plus normal life plus Clay. Sigh.

Congratulations to you too! Hope the course is fun and enjoyable!

Lord, it's like my head never gets above water anymore! Between my new job (although it's not new since I've been there a year now) and feeling Fear's pain (I bought a new house the first week of May, gave up my lease for May 31st, and thought I would have time for a little remodeling before I moved in - I watch HGTV! I have now discovered HGTV full of lies! It will be pretty when I'm done, but I will be broke, exhausted and crazy before then. Why in the hell do I have so much freakin' stuff?

Ten years...and Clay has a career to make him and me happy! I can live with that!

Finally saw The Office episode with Clay...loved seeing him crack up! It looked like he was really enjoying it! Mom and I have been marathoning this season starting yesterday, when we got through the bulk of it. We're down to the retrospective episode and the series finale. :( Kinda sad to see it end.

KAndre! Good to see you! HGTV is a lost cause for me -- I watch a few episodes of shows and go "yeah, right." But Food Network is my addiction -- and the things shown there are similar to your relationship with HGTV. Food Network is a cruel mistress!

shorty, I really enjoyed Clay on The Office. It was a brief thing, but it sure looked as if he was having a lot of fun.

May you all have a relaxing Memorial Day, and please remember why we have the day off work. (Or I hope most of us have the day off work!)

• Like 1

New pic! Via Facebook:

969342_550814114970316_2104334682_n_zpsfbcc78aa.jpg

Jason Richmond

Interesting day in the studio with Ironing Board Sam and Clay Aiken. — with Clay aiken, Ironing Board Sam and Thomas Bradsher Womack.

Jason Richmond is an audio producer based in Durham.

More about this picture:

Thomas Bradsher Womack

6 hours ago near Raleigh, NC

Ironing Board Sam in studio A w/full band and film crew. A certain un-named American Idol in studio B at the same time. Work's getting done. Every one is happy. Pat myself on the back.

And...once again....just because we can't see him doesn't mean he's not working!