# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

New tweet about the Project Gala this year:

Happy Anniversary @includingkids Everyone come celebrate with us! 10/12/13 in #Charlotte inclusionproject.org/level_2.php?id…
10th Anniversary Champions Gala

The Power of Inclusion

October 12, 2013 8pm

McGlohon Theater at Spirit Square

Charlotte, NC

The 10th Anniversary Champions Gala will be hosted by Clay Aiken and will honor Champions of inclusion for their considerable efforts to ensure no one sits on the sidelines. Honorees will includeHabitat International, Inc. and Conner and Cayden Long of Team Long Brothers.

As an attendee of the event, you will not only enjoy a performance by Clay Aiken, you will also be taking a trip down memory lane*, as we spotlight our 10 years of inclusion. You will have the opportunity to participate in a live auction and you will learn how the Power of Inclusion can help kids with and without disabilities experience lifelong benefits. The funds raised will be used to open doors for all kids to be included together and experience all that life has to offer.

The VIP reception for Gold and Platinum ticket holders will be held on October 11, 2013 at 7pm at the Charlotte Marriott City Center with a special performance by Clay. All VIP ticket holders (Gold and Platinum) will receive individual photos with Clay this year to commemorate the 10th anniversary.

The Silent Auction is back! It will be held at the Marriott City Center on Saturday afternoon, October 12th from 3-5pm. Please stop by and bid on your favorite items.

Platinum Ticket: $2,500 - available June 12th at noon EST through Project Office

TO PURCHASE PLATINUM TICKETS: Please call the Project Office at 919-314-5540 starting at 12:00noon EST on June 12th. Tickets will be processed in the order calls are received. DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE.

Secures one ticket and includes:

• Front Row seating at the Gala (C101-111, F1-8)
  • Reserved front table seating at the VIP Reception with a special performance by Clay Aiken
  • Individual photo with Clay, autographed and framed in a custom 10th Anniversary Champions Gala frame

Gold Ticket: $1,000 - available June 19th at noon EST through Carolina Tix

TO PURCHASE GOLD TICKETS: See Purchasing Ticket information below

Secures one ticket and includes:

• Premium seating at the Gala (Orch 1)
  • VIP Reception with a special performance by Clay Aiken
  • Individual photo with Clay

Gala Only Ticket: $250 - available July 17th at noon EST through Carolina Tix

TO PURCHASE EVENT ONLY TICKETS: See Purchasing Ticket information below

• Reserved seating at the Gala

Purchasing Tickets

McGlohon Theater Seating Chart

• Purchase tickets on the phone through the Blumenthal Performing Arts Box Office at (704) 372-1000 - open Monday-Saturday: 10:00am-6:00pm

• Purchase tickets in person at the Blumenthal Performing Box Office, located in the Belk Theater Lobby at 130 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC

• All tickets purchased will have a $2.00 facility fee added.

• All tickets purchased online and on the phone are subject to a per ticket service charge of $8.00 per ticket.

• For information on charitable receipts, please see our Gala FAQ section.

Honorees

The National Inclusion Project is proud to announce that included among the 2013 Champions Gala Honorees* are Habitat International, Inc and Team Long Brothers

*check back for more honoree announcements in the future!

The awards will be presented at the 10th Anniversary Champions Gala on October 12, 2013, at the McGlohon Theater in Charlotte, NC. Champions are selected by the National Inclusion Project for their considerable efforts to ensure no one sits on the sidelines and that all people can be included together and experience all that life has to offer. The 2013 Honorees will include:

Habitat International, Inc.Habitat%20Int%20Group-out-front-750x545.jpg

A leading supplier of artificial-grass and indoor-outdoor carpet products for The Home Depot, Lowe’s and other retailers, Habitat International Inc. is a socially responsible business dedicated to providing jobs for hard-to-place workers.

Launched by David Morris and his father Saul in 1981, the Chattanooga, Tennessee company has become a role model for other businesses, disability advocates and the general public. Seventy-five percent of Habitat's workers have a physical or mental disability, or both. Over the years the company has also employed recovering alcoholics, homeless people, non-English-speaking refugees and others who, when given a chance, work hard to overcome the stereotypes about them. Habitat's "able" workers often out-produce the competition 2-1.

Habitat's slogan, "A Company of Positive Distractions" and its philosophy of love, kindness and compassion honor the special diversity of the people who work here.

At Habitat, it’s the people that matter most.

Team Long BrothersTeam%20Long.jpg

Two brothers who share a love for each other and for racing and showing the world a little bit about what inclusion is all about.

Seven-year-old Cayden is unable to walk or talk on his own, but his nine-year-old brother Conner had an idea that would allow them to participate in sports together. A year and a half ago, they began competing in triathlons together. Conner swims while pulling Cayden in a raft, bikes with his little brother towed behind him in a trailer, and pushes that trailer when they run.

Over the past 18 months, the pair from White House, Tennessee, has traveled up and down the East coast to compete in races. Seeing the brothers working together has inspired onlookers, while bringing Conner and Cayden closer than ever. Their amazing determination and spirit is inspring.

Platinum and Gold ticket holders are invited to join us for the VIP Dessert Reception held at the Charlotte Marriott City Center on Friday, October 11th. The Reception will begin at 7:00pm and will include decadent desserts and beverages.

Reception attendees will be entertained with a special performance by entertainer Clay Aiken and each will receive an individual photo with him.

Marriott City Center

100 W Trade St

Charlotte, NC 28202

Phone: 1-800-359-3204

To learn more about how to attend the reception, please click here for Ticket Information.

Hotel Information

cltcc_phototour23.jpgDiscounted accommodations for the 2013 Champions Gala can be found at the Charlotte Marriott City Center 3 blocks from the theater at a rate of $150/night for both Friday, the 11th and Saturday, the 12th.

100 West Trade Street Charlotte, North Carolina 28202 USA

To reserve a room:

• Please call 1-800-359-3204 toll free and ask for the Inclusion Project rate or
  • Reserve online using the group code - NIPNIPA

Rate good until Sept 20, 2013.

The Charlotte Marriott City Center will be the site of the VIP Reception on Friday, Oct 11th and also the site of the Silent Auction on Saturday afternoon, Oct 12th.

If you have any questions or run into any availability issues, please contact us.

1) What is the dress code?

Dress for each night will be black tie optional.

2) When will VIP Reception Photos be available?

VIP Reception Photos will all be individual this year. They will be available electronically by the end of the week after the Gala. As soon as they are ready to be downloaded, an email will be sent to all those VIP guests that we have email addresses for with the website and password information. Please share this information with the others whom attended with you. Downloads are free.

For Platinum Ticket holders, we will have your autographed and framed photo sent to you by the end of November.

3) How is the seating set-up at the venue?

The seating at the Gala is set up like a typical theater with auditorium style seating. When using the third party ticket processor, you can choose your seat assignment when you purchase tickets.

4) Are cameras allowed?

Video cameras and cameras of any kind are strictly prohibited in the theater, as are recorders of all kinds.

Recording of any kind is prohibited at the VIP Reception.

5) Will there be any other events?

Events include:

• VIP reception on Friday Oct 11th at the Marriott at 7pm - Gold and Platinum ticket holders only
  • Silent auction Saturday afternoon Oct 12th at the Marriott from 3-5pm - all ticket holders invited
  • Gala on Saturday night Oct 12th at the McGlohon Theater at 8pm - all ticket holders

6) Can we sit together?

For the Gala, if you would like to sit together, it would be best for one person to buy the tickets at the same time just like you would any other concert or theater production. If you do this and would like the charitable receipts for each individual, please fill out the One Buyer, Multiple Tickets form and email it to Tonya Gillham.This will be reflected on the 2013 year-end receipts.

At the VIP Reception, there will be open table seating except for Platinum Ticket holders who will receive front table reserved seating.

7) Will there be charitable receipts?

Yes, you will receive charitable receipts for your ticket purchase. If you buy tickets for another person, please fill out the One Buyer, Multiple Tickets form and email totonyagillham@inclusionproject.org. This will be reflected on the 2013 year-end receipts.

8) Are there any discount accomodations available?

A limited number of discounted rooms are available at the Marriott City Center in Charlotte for Friday and Saturday nights. For more information visit our Hotel Information page. The Marriott City Center is about 3 blocks from the theater.

9) Are children allowed?

While everyone is welcomed to attend the show with a purchased ticket, it may not be very exciting for those under 10.

10) How long will the show last?

The Gala is expected to last approximately 2 hours. This is subject to change based on audience participation and last minute script changes.

All of the information we have about the event is listed on these pages. We will update as we confirm more details. If you still have questions, please contact the Project Office.

Not rich either but living nearby helps keep the costs down. Looking forward to the Gala. I guess they have cut out the lunch and/or dinner.

We are getting settled in the house. A few problems with the gas company and Time Warner. They like to charge for visits they initiated. Our neighbors are super social. The men go out, the women go out, couples go out. BBQ on Memorial day. Picnic at someone's lake home on Saturday. For a homebody, it's pretty overwhelming.

We ordered new appliances during the Memorial day sale and will be starting on the kitchen soon. We have only been cooking in the microwave and electric wok, otherwise going out to eat or getting takeout. Went to WW last night after skipping out for two weeks and managed to lose 1 1/2 lbs.

I think we will like it here.

I hope you all have a great day!

Hello??????? Is this thing on???????

Last few days of my vacation. Yesterday, I went shopping and found a cute dress for the wedding I attended today. Work on Monday is going to be a bear....

From Instagram today, via CV:

ClayandZachatEmmaBubelwedding_zpsc3dc461f.jpg

Emma Bubel got married in Raleigh today, and Clay attended the wedding. The girl is someone named Alyssa, who tweeted the picture. The other guy is Zach, Clay's boyfriend. IMO, Zach is c-u-t-e.

And I LOVE the bowtie!

Found by chorister at CV. Edited versions of Clay's talk show, posted on SoundCloud:

Saw these three audio clips on SoundCloud by a Raleigh DJ called "djmikemorse":

NIGHTLIFE with Clay Aiken (Part 1)

NIGHTLIFE with Clay Aiken (Part 2)

NIGHTLIFE AIRCHECKS

https://soundcloud.com/djmikemorse

AND....I can't get the page to load. Wonder if it was taken down. I just got home from church so I missed the original excitement! Hopefully someone at the CV vault grabbed it! ETA: I think it now works.

OK, got to it load when I just went to SoundCloud and then searched for djmikemorse.

https://soundcloud.c...h?q=djmikemorse

I might as well edit one more time. Part one is just over 6 minutes. Part two is just over 7. I just recently FINALLY got to listen to the unedited version; I thought it was fun, but you could tell it wasn't "put together." These sound really good to me; the editing helps a LOT.

Clay always said the pilot was going to be edited and have music added; I agree the originally unedited pilot was droning at times and did not keep my interest..but hearing the edited version and hearing what Clay was going for..it really makes sense now.

Kim

I'm around. I'm working a lot more than usual. I told you I'm in a medically managed weight program but I'm not sure if I told you it costs four grand. One of the reasons I haven't cheated all week. I'm not going to throw away all this money. Anyway, I figure I make up the money in food I'm not eating (like the $50 a week I spend on lunch) or the groceries I buy so I just need to work a bit extra to pay for the difference.

Clay looks great in the photo. Who is this Zach guy. He's cute. They been dating long?

Just saw the first commercial for Arsenio's new show - Sept 9. I hadn't kept up.

couchie, we're with you on the weight loss process! And we will help you so you don't spend more money too! (Unless, it comes to Clay... *g*)

Zach is Clay's current boyfriend, but I don't know how long they've been dating. He lives in Chicago and works for a legal research firm. I've seen his last name, but can't remember it at the moment.

His parents live in Texas albeit another part of the state but it still means we have a con.nec.shun! The rumour is they have been dating since October but who knows how they get this info!

I'm not sure how people get this info either. I mean, I'm a librarian, skilled in research, and couldn't find HALF of what people dig up. OTOH, as a librarian, I'm also respectful of people's privacy. *g*

I lost 8 lbs my first week. More importantly I haven't cheated once. Thank god I like these the shakes and bars. 14 and 1/2 weeks to go.

Work is killing me right now. Hopefully it will slow up and give me a break soon.

Fear, love your new place. Hope everyone is well. I'm thinking about the gala. I don't think I can go but haven't ruled it out yet.

• Like 1