# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

My two favorite guys in one picture..that is a keeper!

Kim

aikim, I may have to talk to your husband about your comment...*g*

From Twitter (although I got it via Facebook). I think it's Beth Level (costar of "The Drowsy Chaperone") with him.

947107_10200512379486364_1986746061_n_zpsfbafe319.jpg

:GM_FCA:

1 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

3 Days until Clay is on the Office! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hope everyone traveling to Raleigh is having a smooth and safe trip. lilyshine arrived today, but we're not going to the play til Friday night, and again on Sunday night.

gbmifan, I'm so sorry for your loss. Once in awhile when Clay does something fun I still think, 3 1/2 years later, wow my mom would have gotten such a kick out of this, I wish she could see (or hear) it.

I loved Grease! I thought it was an amazing vocal performance.

Motivated by company coming, and since I have the time for a change, I have been cleaning and reorganizing the whole house. I have been having a grand old time. Phase 1 was culling boxes and boxes of papers, some of which hadn't been opened in 10 years, and giving massive quantities to the shredder a couple of weeks ago. For phase 1 I brought boxes downstairs and sorted them on a card table, ditched a lot of the contents, but left what I was keeping in the middle of the living room floor. So in Phase 2 I had to find places for what I kept. For some diabolical reason I started this Phase 2 of cleaning and sorting at the outer perimeters of the house, and kept moving things inward so that no matter what I did, the middle of the house remained a mess. And it still was when lilyshine arrived, because I still hadn't made it to the center yet. Just as well, she might not have been able to survive the shock of walking into my house had it been entirely clean and neat. I kept at it during the day now, though, it's a lot better now. By tomorrow or the next day we might have a table cleared for meals, maybe. :cheerleader:

I'm sure you will have heard all about the play by the time I get home. Heading out to Raleigh this afternoon for the play. Tried on clothes last night but still not sure what to wear. If it's still cool I'll wear a sweater for sure. It'll take 2 hours to get there. We are going back for the final show Sunday nite. Let me know if you want to meet for dinner Sunday jmh?

Its drizzly here, but should clear up by Wednesday. Have a great day all.

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until Clay is on the Office! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just a quick thought for the day! It appears to me that in all the recent pictures Clay just looks.....happy! He seems to be in a good place right now. He has a great job that has a lot of variety, fans who are not going anywhere and most of the crazies have moved on to others. He has managed to balance the fame thing very well. He can go to a regular joint like the BBQ place and not be swamped by paparazzi.

I think he is content and it shows! Discuss......

• Like 1

It's OPENING NIGHT! DROWSY CHAPERONE starring Clay Aiken & Beth Leavel runs thru Sun. We can't wait! pic by@cbp22 pic.twitter.com/xUcQywXgCC

I can't seem to get the pic link to work

Santigold (the singer, appearing on "The Office" Thursday night as well) just posted this picture:

BJrfxlJCMAEyKSE_zps6607f27e.jpg

Santigold ‏@Santigold 3m Don't miss my cameo on this weeks' episode of #TheOffice w/ @ClayAiken & @AaronRodgers12! Thurs @ 9/8c -@theofficenbc pic.twitter.com/VJMken1VZy

Just a quick thought for the day! It appears to me that in all the recent pictures Clay just looks.....happy! He seems to be in a good place right now. He has a great job that has a lot of variety, fans who are not going anywhere and most of the crazies have moved on to others. He has managed to balance the fame thing very well. He can go to a regular joint like the BBQ place and not be swamped by paparazzi.

I totally agree. He has the best of both worlds. People here may recognize him and post his photo on their twitters, but he doesn't get mobbed by fans or paparazzi. He can fly to NY or LA very quickly, but he doesn't have to live there. And he has a life! He's not career obsessed, but he gets work, and in the meantime he's around home and family and friends. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Granted there are those who think he should try to be richer or more famous, but I think he's very content with things as they are.

• Like 1

I totally agree. He has the best of both worlds. People here may recognize him and post his photo on their twitters, but he doesn't get mobbed by fans or paparazzi. He can fly to NY or LA very quickly, but he doesn't have to live there. And he has a life! He's not career obsessed, but he gets work, and in the meantime he's around home and family and friends. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Granted there are those who think he should try to be richer or more famous, but I think he's very content with things as they are.

You ladies have said it best, so there's nothing more that I can say except -- :clap:

Clay and castmates -- break a leg! And to all those seeing the show tonight, have a great time!

Yes, there is clack. The show was wonderful, and Clay was amazing. He was right, I did tear up. I wasn't spoiled as to the play, so other than knowing he was the man in chair, I was clueless. The ending really got me. He is a talented actor. I am so happy I get to see it again tomorrow! And from the other side, much closer to "the chair".:)

Oh! We also did the stage door and got a handshake and a "thank you for coming"!

• Like 1

Stolen from CV

Just got home. What a night. It is a great show, and Clay is really good in it. His face was so expressive that he was cracking people up with his different "looks." His eyes really stood out. I loved the wig and thought he looked quite cute in it. Towards the end of the play he kept sipping on a scotch (I think), and at that point started messing with the hair in the wig. It got more and more mussed up, and he got cuter and cuter. There is a point where he dances around the stage a bit with the rest of the cast. His singing at the very end is full of emotion and very poignant but not your typical Clay singing voice. Beth is excellent, and it is clear why she won a Tony.

The audience was mixed---lots of different ages and lots of men as well as women. There was a guy on my row who laughed really hard during the entire show. He kept saying, "Look at Clay." He was with a young woman who seemed to know the show well. She was very animated and loved every second of the show.

Yes, Clay did greet the people who waited for him at the stage door. There were about 25 people there. He had on a light weight argyle sweater, jeans, and tennis shoes. His hair looked great. He said to my friend, "I'm exhausted."

I thought that the bottom floor of the theatre filled up well by curtain time. There was a scattering of people in the side sections.

I cannot wait to see the show again. In fact I really wish I could see it every night. Thanks to all of you who said "yes" to our requests to film a short shout out to the foundation. I look forward to meeting more of you who are coming in later in the week.

Didn't know there was a stagedoor so we came right home after it was over. We sat in front of luckiest and her daughter. So nice to see her there.

It was very touching performance. Clay is very subdued while making some very funny remarks. The cast, on the otherhand was way over thtop as they lived in his imagination. We wondered if the script was changed as some of his remarks were pretty current.

We sat on the wrong side of the stage, away from the chair. But we did get some fantastic views of his chiseled jaw line. He looked great in the wigSorry this is a mess on the tablet.

luckiest, it's from claysgalsal.

I'm have an incredibly long day today, with limited computer access. If someone can bring over some recaps, I would really appreciate it!

So sorry I cant get this post to format. I don't know if it's this Windows 8 laptop or something to do with the settings on the forum but for the life of me I can't get enter to work for white space!!!! If anyone is on the fence about whether or not to come into Raleigh for this play............DO IT! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif I could hardly sleep last night, anticipating seeing another performance tonight. And now that I know what to expect, I feel as though I will be able to appreciate things that maybe passed me by last night, as it was all so much. Sometimes Clay starts speaking as there is still applause going on so you miss what he is saying. He is on the stage 95% of the show. The times he leaves his re-entrances are funny. The whole non-intermission with the eating of the power bar thing is hilarious....and then he informs us that he has to go pee. coffeespit.gif And the ending is going to have me in tears all over again tonight.

Some recaps from CV:

ClaySTO wrote:

Quick recap from me -- 1am here now:

Love the play -- love that "Man in the Chair". He was wonderful -- his facial expressions were priceless and led many there to laugh out loud. I found it hard to watch the cast and see Clay too since he was over to the left side of the stage. He plays this character perfectly, IMO. Yes Sheldon comes to my mind, too. He does wear 2 sweaters and baggy brown (looked like tweed) pants -- walks a little bent over and with mincing small steps. I think I recognized those brown laceless shoes of his.

All the cast is just great -- Love Beth Leavel and her voice -- and Yolanda Rabun, the aviatrix, too -- in fact the whole cast can really sing. You will even see some tap dancing -- vaudeville style humor -- something for everyone. This is a story within a musical -- and Clay at the end made me tear up. He is poignant and needing to be loved.......and he is.

Sets and the costumes are fantastic.

How Clay remembered all those words is beyond me -- did I say how amazing is was. As always, he nailed it and did it as only he can do.

Sorry, I missed the stage door, darn it!. ;-)

mummfums wrote:

Excellent show and I am so glad I was there! It was not a sellout but it was a very respectable crowd of fans, nonfans and lots of couples and theater members. Clay was a charming host and I felt honored to be listening to his records. Lots of funny lines that were appreciated by the entire audience. I think the fans did a good job not over-reacting to Clay's every word and the entire audience was standing and clearly cheering the most for him at the curtain call. Very touching at the end and I did get a little misty-eyed. It was really hard for me to feel too sorry for the guy in the sweater though because even though poorly dressed his gorgeous profile just kept stunning me! thud.gif

I agree with Farouche that it was disappointing not hearing him sing and I had thought he would sing more of the last "As We Stumble Along" but he stayed in character.

So glad there is going to be a cellcert Sat night! Can't wait to hear it again!

What a wonderful job on the flowers and cards!

We did not go to the stage door as we weren't sure where it was and we had to drive home.

NO RAIN!

idlefan4ca wrote:

Clay used a character voice, picture Jim Parsons from Big Bang Theory, only cuter. And with Clays own unique physicality and timing.he wasn't playing "old", he was ageless, but beat down by life. Remember clays affliction bit with pastor Ruben? A little of that guy showed up tonight too. He was fabulous.

Please forgive typos, on the iPad. And now to bed. Hope to find that elusive stage door tomorrow night!

cotton wrote:

That's exactly what I said! There was a bit of channeling Sheldon Cooper!

I posted my "recap" on main was on iphone. Now on Kindle safely in Greensboro. I'm. TIRED!

I was so empressed with the entire production. I have been to some of the NCT shows and they always do a great job.

But I had never heard of this show and I freaking LOVE it!

"Recap ":

Fabulous. Campy. Poignant. Funny as Hell!

Feel free to "red" this. Too tired to hassel w Kindle!

Sorry I missed stage door sad.gif but I knew I had a long drive ahead of me after a long drive in today.

ETA

One thing I loved about the man in the chair was (sorta like "us", he knew all the lyrics and was mouthing along w the actors in the play within the play!