#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

He's back and forth to NY enough I am sure there would still be time to tape a Christmas song. He could even do it during his sort of tour.

That is unless Clive gets to them first! :lol:

bwah... you guys are killing me.

well I'm in hog heaven..the NBA IS BACK! I love it almost as much as I love Clay.

One fan reported that Clay taped a Christmas song on GMA, but they made everyone leave before he performed. Perhaps it was All Is Well?

I think she knew he was doing that because they brought out a Christmas set as everyone was pushed out.

<---- Oh, this little bugger is Holly, the dog from Hell. Looks like a nice little beagle, huh? Except she acts like a hyper Jack Russel Terrier on sugar, can put her paws near your shoulders (I am above average height) and weighs 45 pounds. She can realllllly stretch. Her stretching now allows her to open the back door sigh I caught her before she could take off....This time

When is our chat day?

Awww she looks like a great dog...

Our chat day is on Saturday...9 to 11 pm EST...its the first one so we will see how it works. If this is a good day for people. TOPIC ... Clay flubs...

Yeah, and I'm sure Clive and his henchmen are scurrying around already trying squash, upstage, and generally screw-up all the potential holiday appearances. Can you hear my eyes rolling? :blink:

Absolutely. I'll bet they're manuevering to unleash Il Divo as we speak...

:lol:

One fan reported that Clay taped a Christmas song on GMA, but they made everyone leave before he performed. Perhaps it was All Is Well? I think she knew he was doing that because they brought out a Christmas set as everyone was pushed out.

Verrry interesting... I certainly hope it's true!

<---- Oh, this little bugger is Holly, the dog from Hell. Looks like a nice little beagle, huh? Except she acts like a hyper Jack Russel Terrier on sugar, can put her paws near your shoulders (I am above average height) and weighs 45 pounds.

What a sweetie, playbiller!

Edited by JennaZ

From CB via CH...

jjung at CB:

Quote:

First of all let me warn you that I'm very bad at recaps. But this time I actually took notes. The only problem is that I scribbled a lot of it and didn't write it in order. LOL!

They taped the first segment of a show. It was the duet with Megan singing Silver Bells. It was kind of “cold turkey”. I wonder if they had a sound check. Anyway, it didn’t come up right so they had to sing it again. (Crowd cheers).

One of the disco balls is coming down.

Clay: Your balls are falling (looks up at disco ball coming down)

Audience guy: I wish I could say something like that but I need my job security

Audience guy: How many have the Clay CD?

Audience: all raise their hands and scream

Clay: How many of you are going to buy one more tomorrow

Audience: all raise hands and scream

Clay to Quiana; How many CDs do you have

Q: two

Clay: and how many did you pay for

Q: 1

Q: All the money I make goes to buying Clay

Clay to Angela: How many do you have?

A: 1 – we bought it together – remember?

Audience Man: Does Megan have the CD?

Audience: She only bought Ruebens

Megan

Since I don’t want to be torn to shreds, let me say that I got a free copy of the CD from Rueben but I couldn’t say that.

I did get to listen to the Clay CD and I think its fantastic and remember I was on the Xmas special with Clay. I want to redeem myself.

Gee, you’re all so touchy.

Megan: All my money goes into buying Clay’s CDs (we didn’t believe her)

"A Thousand Days"

Clay: I’m not sure about the big note so see if you can scream over it. I’m not kidding – maybe Quiana can do it.

Clay sang "A Thousand Days" with lots of passion – the best I’ve ever seen. He used the mike differently – leaning back and pulling it towards him. (Crowd was wild)

After Megan hugs him and thanks him – audience claps and screams – non stop. Megan and audience guys try to stop it but couldn’t. So Clay began using hand signals like an orchestra conductor – motioning his right hand from left to right (cut) and the crowd stopped but not right away.

Clay: That wasn’t a good cut. Let’s try it again. This time the crowd stopped on time. Megan looked with amazement. She said she couldn’t do that. Audience guy: I so want to learn that.

Clay: Lets try it – Megan – you take that side of the room and I will take this side. (Crowd without Clay yells no). Megan: you see they don’t want me. You do it with both sections – one at a time.

Clay: motions with fingers – come on

Crowd: starts screaming again

Clay: does the cut hand motion

Clay: Remember this. I know it will be all over the message boards

Audience guy: I’m on my laptop and I have already blogged that.

Coach time

Megan reminds us of the previous encounters with clay – tearing his shirt off – that maybe she’ll do it again.

Then they talked about Martha Stewart – the cooking

Clay: Grandma is becoming a world traveler

Megan: You look different – nerdy sheek – hot rock God

(Looks at audience) I’m trying to win him over. I’m really hooked.

Clay: I can understand why.

Clay: That’s suppose to be funny – so laugh

Megan: something about us do everything for Clay – laugh at his jokes

Clay: They laugh even if they are not funny. They are wonderful I really appreciate them.

Clay: I’m naturally foolish and I’ve always acted like an idiot. It’s great that now I’m being revered for it.

There was some work done backstage relating to Megan wanting to be an AI judge and thanking Clay for putting in a good word for her. Clay relayed what the judges response was to her and when he reads Simons - it read with a ton of negative mean statements - but just when Megan thought it was over - Clay continued listing a ton more of negative things that Simon said. It was a great spoof on Simon.

Ending

Clay: Be good to Megan. When you get home – tell everyone about the show – tell them to turn on all the TVs in all the rooms – make it the highest rating show – but make sure that you turn off the TV when the show is over so they don’t think it’s a fluke.

annieg9 at CB:

Quote:

I was there too and totally loved the show!

Clay did ask us to tell everyone to have all of their TVs tuned to Megan's show tomorrow and then turn the TV off afterward so they'd see the ratings were not a fluke. His segment with Megan seemed so informal that it didn't seem like a show, just like having fun. I'm not sure how much was recorded and how much was just for us.

The warmup guy was sweet and everyone responded so well to him.

He said we were going to have 2 Clay performances, one that will be shown tomorrow and one that will be shown later.

Clay's band set up and Q&A took their places and Clay sang

Silver Bells with Megan. They said there was some type of audio problem and they had to do it again.

We all loved that!

After that Clay went backstage for a short while and some of the Claymates had heard Megan tell Ruben on her show that she had his CD, but not Clay's. They yelled to her about it. She said Ruben's CD was given to her, but she couldn't tell Ruben that. She said she listens to Clay's new CD and loves it. She reminded us that she and Clay were on SNL together and she was also on Clay's Christmas TV Show and DVD.

She had a nice talk with Clay, showing a clip from him on Saturday Night Live singing with the choir while wearing the white tux. They reminisced about how she tore his clothes off for the SNL promos. She said she just might do it again, today.

Clay was so cool and so happy. The whole audience was very exuberant so Clay started controlling us. He said something like they'll do whatever I ask them to do. He'd start applause and we'd leap to our feet and cheer and clap. Then he'd give the hand signals to stop and we'd stop instantaneously!

He did that several times. She interviewed him at length about why they did ATDW. She said one of the remakes is her favorite. I don't remember which one. They discussed DOOL, too. They did his entire segment first and then the rest of the show.

Hi...just finally got back to my room...whew! Tomorrow morning is the real ball buster...if I can make it through 9 am (I need to be at the registration area by 5:30 am), I'll feel like celebrating. Actually, I didn't mean to make it seem that the conference wasn't going well...it's early and so far things seem pretty promising..Those things I mentioned are just par for the course...always have things like that...but it's all good.

Love the MM reports! Of course, I won't be watching tomorrow OR Friday or any time this week, but I'm sure the Clay Nation will have Clack to share eventually. :P

I think the man's getting a bit cocky (heh) about the power he has over us... <_< I have this feeling that if I were in an audience and he tried that teacher "watch them shut up" thing with his arms, I'd have to yell out, "I LOVE you, CLay!" just for the hell of it. :lol: To get one of those classic Clay faces, if for no other reason.

I actually got to have ATDW playing from my computer while some of us finished up doing prep work for tomorrow morning's registration! The first song that played was IYDKMBN and my new boss was humming and singing along and then said, "Yeah...great cover choice, Clay!"

I really like my new boss. His wife is a Dave Matthews band bitch like I'm a Clay Aiken bitch. He's even gone on one of those cruises with the band and she goes to concerts all over and meets up with friends just like I do! :o He sorta rolls his eyes about it but he doesn't begrudge her or anything...seems cool.

yawn...heading to bed for about 5 hours of sleep, I hope. I keep waking up through the night and then having a hard time getting back to sleep.

Wait! I know! I just need some sex! That's the ticket! ^_^;)

Our chat day is on Saturday...9 to 11 pm EST...its the first one so we will see how it works. If this is a good day for people. TOPIC ... Clay flubs...

Damn, there is homework. I forgot about that part.

I have to think about CLack. I really have a very poor memory.... Unless I get crossed!

Gee, it sure looks like there is bad promotion this Christmas coming up. What, we know Clay will be on 3 shows. I expect him to be on the early show as well. They seem to like him on Christmas. Not too many singers do it well. Maybe the evil plan it so promote the Christmas CD so it out sells ATDW?

Speaking of not doing well - what is with Barry Manilow? he is singing to track on every show he appears on - well, not excatly - he is lip synching. Is it just cheap promotion or can he not duplicate the sound any more?

He must have been silently lip syncing on the view because he mike was on and he would occaisional make a sound like "come on now" Unfortunately one of the speaking parts was in the middle of his voice singing. It is really sad. It is like when I saw Tony Bennett not lip synching on some show - he had his technique, but his voice was truely gone and I was shouting at the TV "just lip sync". I guess I am just a fussy person, everyone else seems fine with this stuff.

Edited - not three shoes - three shows - now I am scared with some of the people around here.

Edited by playbiller

From rock on tv

About: Live with Regis and Kelly: 2006/11/17

Clay Aiken stops by to join Kelly as guest co-host and performs on the "Live" stage. Plus, the final makeover is revealed as "Thanks-For-Giving Dream Team Ambush Makeover Week" comes to an end.

don't know where they get their info but seems as though clay will be co-hosting. I hope it is true and I'll be thrilled to know that the producer that supposedly said he wouldn't be co-hosting doesn't go around giving nosy fans information. Sorry, but just a pet peeve of mine how we can't just wait for info sometimes..I mean really, how far in advance do you need to know about a tv show so you can set your damn tivo.

Megan sounds fun..well the in between stuff sounds funner than the show. I had tickets to this thing but just did it because well it was some sort of weird reflex. I knew I couldn't go...and I didn't even bother cancelling since this show doesn't appear to be long for this world anyway...just one more show..megan, one more. heh.

don't know where they get their info but seems as though clay will be co-hosting. I hope it is true and I'll be thrilled to know that the producer that supposedly said he wouldn't be co-hosting doesn't go around giving nosy fans information. Sorry, but just a pet peeve of mine how we can't just wait for info sometimes..I mean really, how far in advance do you need to know about a tv show so you can set your damn tivo.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes, fans can be a bit overzealous when it comes to hunting down information. We don't always need to know things before Team Clay is ready to reveal them. In fact, sometimes, I think it's dangerous.

Megan sounds fun..well the in between stuff sounds funner than the show. I had tickets to this thing but just did it because well it was some sort of weird reflex. I knew I couldn't go...and I didn't even bother cancelling since this show doesn't appear to be long for this world anyway...just one more show..megan, one more. heh.

ha! you are me, couchie! Did the same thing... and I even knew I'd be in Chicago then!

Yes, it's 5:01 am... <_< and I've been awake since 3:33 am (since I looked at the clock when I woke up for no good reason...) :blink:

gotta take a shower, etc. and then....

IT'S SHOW TIME! ;)

Later!

I think the man's getting a bit cocky (heh) about the power he has over us... <_< I have this feeling that if I were in an audience and he tried that teacher "watch them shut up" thing with his arms, I'd have to yell out, "I LOVE you, CLay!" just for the hell of it. :lol: To get one of those classic Clay faces, if for no other reason.

So were you the drunken heifer that screamed out "Where's Waldo?!" at the beginning of WDC at the lone Clay concert that I've been able to go to? :glare: How rude!

Can't wait to actually get to see Megan. :bounce: I'm depending on the various Clack dealers for this one, so I hope somebody on the east coast gets it early.

ETA: Some screencaps (courtesy of pax) of a short clip that is up on Megan's website. Very funny.

Edited by bottlecap

First of all, muski says she needs sex, so here:

people07.jpg

Will that do?

Secondly, I just sent my husband off for an overnight business trip. *sigh* I miss him.

No, I don't. That means I can shop and spend time on message boards and watch the MM clips over and over again!!!!!!

:D

From rock on tv

About: Live with Regis and Kelly: 2006/11/17

Clay Aiken stops by to join Kelly as guest co-host and performs on the "Live" stage. Plus, the final makeover is revealed as "Thanks-For-Giving Dream Team Ambush Makeover Week" comes to an end.

WOOHOO!!! As much as I despise Kelly Ripa, I think this is going to be clack gold. I can't wait for him to actually interview someone (wonder who will be the guests?). Again, I think his quickness and his comedic timing will be in full force, and that can only be good.

Amen. I'm a pretty patient person as far as finding out when Clay will be appearing, at least on TV. There's always someone in the Clay Nation that catches things if I miss them, I don't need to ferret out the information. And since I'm situated in the middle of the country, with no chance to attend either his NYC or LA tapings, why bother? Also, ITA with JennaZ, I think the fans making phone calls (probably bordering on harrassing) probably cause more harm than anything else. I'm proud to be a Clay fan, but fans like that taint all of us.

Concerts are a bit of a different matter, because of needing to buy plane tickets and such, but anyways...

Hee. That would be great, actually. The face he would make would be priceless, because you know it would throw him!

ETA: Some screencaps (courtesy of pax) of a short clip that is up on Megan's website. Very funny.

No one told me that Ronald Weasley sings!

How much you want to bet that this the hair we'll get for the NACT?

playbiller, cute doggie, but I can see it in its eyes that it's a terror. Just like I can read Clay's eyes. :P

More Clay bits from Megan's website:

Clay AikenNovember 2, 2006Starting his career on "American Idol", Clay made it to the final round, losing to Ruben Studdard. Clay still received a recording contract with RCA Records and released his first album, Measures of a Man, in 2003 which was #1 on the Billboard 200 chart, selling 613,000 units in its first week. Next, Clay released a holiday album entitled Merry Christmas With Love, which has sold over 1,000,000 copies to date.

Clay's current album, A Thousand Different Ways debuted at #2, selling over 200,000 copies in its first week making him the fourth artist ever to have his first three albums debut in the Top 5 of the Billboard 200 chart.

In 2003, he founded the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, an organization that promotes and funds educational and recreational programs for children with special needs. He named the foundation for Diane Bubel, the mother of the autistic child Clay was working with, who convinced him to audition for "American Idol".

answers to Megan’s standard questionnaire:

What's your name? : Clay Aiken

What's in your iPod (or CD player)? : Myself of course

What is "your song" at karaoke? : Like I ever do that

What's your favorite time of day? : Anytime I'm Sleeping

What book are you reading right now? : Sharon Osbornes new book (I think it's 365 pages)

What's your favorite website? : www.wral.com (local news)

What's your favorite old movie (DVD)? : Whale Rider

What's your favorite current movie? : Dixie Chicks documentary "Shut up & Sing"

What is set on your television DVR? : Jericho, ER, The Office, 60 Min. and 20/20

If you weren't in show business, what other career would you consider? : Teacher

What is the strangest job you've ever held? : This One

What was the exact moment you became an adult? : Still waiting for that one

If you could trade places with one person for just ten minutes, who would it be? : My brother in Iraq, so he could have some time off

What was your last purchase? : My phone

What's in your carry-on bag? : My dog

What's under your bed? : Dust Balls

What's your guilty pleasure? : Keeping my favorite color a secret

I love that snarky bastard!!! And I kinda think he likes us too. We're his toys. [tm The guy whose name is on the ticket.]

His answer about Brett got me crying...OMG what a selfless person and truly caring. He would put himself in Iraq to give his brother a freaking break!!!!

OMG...this is not a guy that would worry over the fact that he is not heard every freaking 10 minutes in the radio...this guy has his priorties straight...I WUB HIM>>>

Aww I hope he stays childlike all the time...being an adult is overrated...heh

What is "your song" at karaoke? : Like I ever do that

BWAH!

What book are you reading right now? : Sharon Osbornes new book (I think it's 365 pages)

Probably when you take the "f**ks*" out of it, it's only 150 pages. :P

What's your favorite current movie? : Dixie Chicks documentary "Shut up & Sing"

WOO HOO!!!!!! Love the Chicks! I'm hoping this movie makes it to me soon. Reading this answer from Clay made me CHEER OUT LOUD!!!

What is set on your television DVR? : Jericho, ER, The Office, 60 Min. and 20/20

Only watch two of them (ER and 60 Minutes). I guess I need to start watching The Office, eh?

What was the exact moment you became an adult? : Still waiting for that one

Good for you Clay! One of the things I love about him is his childlike qualities.

If you could trade places with one person for just ten minutes, who would it be? : My brother in Iraq, so he could have some time off

Aw man....what a guy. He's so selfless. Such a kind heart.

What a way to start my workday.

LOVE HIM!!!

Oh yeah and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE he also watch Jericho...I watch it, not one of my favorites...but connection. I wish he watches heroes or The Nine though. I also watched the Office last night...one of them was the infamous...gay co worker outing and it was so funny. I love that he loves that show...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I found the MM show for 10am !!!!

I get it too at 11 and at 3 pm...yay for satellite TV!!!!

So will I be the only one gushing about it at this time?...I will post my impressions when it comes on...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 9 more minutes...and the description says Clay Aiken...I love seeing his name on my channel guide...shallow???I know...

Damn! I want to sit here and read everything and comment but I have to go to work!

But just one comment. What's with the hair? (And yes, I am shallow. We've already established that!)

I mean, look at the reclining picture and the hair and then look at those screen caps! He looks a mess!

Actually, he kind of reminds me of some mad professor! You know, the kind who run around in corduroy jackets with the patches on the sleeves who are all hyper and flying around the classroom like they're high!

Actually, he looks like a Spanish professor I had my freshman year of college. He WAS high all the time. Even smoked a joint while teaching once.....

Not that Clay is smoking pot. Don't want to start any rumors. I think he's just high on life! :)

Oh and which dog is in his carry-on? Has Durham replaced Raleigh for his affection? Poor Raleigh. :(

Got to run!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you guys have to be watching right from the start!!!!

it comes on and Clay is right there doing a cute little skit with megan....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE he is soooo good with his little acting.

she comes up to him and says she tried out to be a judge on American Idol and she is waiting to hear from them...

so Clay said...well he just happens to have the little notes that each judges sent to Megan, so Clay reads a really flowery and overly sweet note from Paula...a typically dawg note from Randy...and a truly mean and very very mean note from Simon...that is just super hilarious!!!!

little EEEEEEEEEEEEE cos her first guest is Bailey from GA!!!! I love her...and I love the little clip they showed of her and Izzy...yesss...

Heee...frankly...I rather have the people reclining hair than this...but I really think its just Clay getting bored with his old hairstyle as usual. It seems like for this next wave of promo they are pushing for the casual...slightly grungy look. He still looks good so I will get used to this too. But I do miss the bangs...I hope it comes back soon...snifff

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE preview of him singing...looking good!!!!

Awww Bailey is not as funny and cute in real life...heh..but thats ok...she is still a lovely woman. Nice little interview.. they were both very chatty...but really...I need more Clay!!!

while we wait through commercial...

From Notacanuck:

A poster on Pulse says that Clay's "A Thousand Different Ways" has been

certified Gold by the RIAA.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE well of course...I'm sure there is more than a 100K on the stores right now...

now how long till the Plat!!! It will come I'm sure...

:laola0: :nanaonacid::manynanas:

From Notacanuck at the CH:

A poster on Pulse says that Clay's "A Thousand Different Ways" has been certified Gold by the RIAA.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:Pogo0::manynanas::nanaonacid:

And of course, Ansa beats me to the punch...but I'm letting the emoticons stay! *g*

Oh of course...make sure you check out the little previews before the commercials...Clay was too cute in the last one. They were primping him up and he was making faces...CUUUUUUTE!!!

sigh...now a person from DWTS who is losing weight during the show...sigh...

Well I gotta admit...she was pretty good dancing... very impressive for an amateur dancer...COOL

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE antoher clip of Clay singing ATDW...I guess this is the plus about Clay being last...they will keep showing bits of him throughout the show...

now a guy from that Flag movie...sigh...hope his is a short segment.

See Megan does try to ask really unconventional questions that make the guests chatter on.,, Oh wow, that is really short. I mean the segment of the Flag guy. But they did manage to talk about a few things...Glad Megan is being cooperative :D

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Clay AIken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! singing next.................EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gah...why do we need commercials...really? what is it for??? <_<

Ok its Back!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I think its singing first...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the usual band no string section...

Lots of nice closeups...

the audio mix does not sound too good...oh yes some little change ups in the song...I like...

GOSH the girls are looking very lovely...

EEEEEEEEEE great glory note...That was great...they ended that song really abruptly...no intrumental fade out.

Megan comes out and says great song with real enthusiasm...oh and a different audience control clip was shown jsut before the commercial. i think this is what they were doing during the breaks...

OK...sigh commercials again but its Clay interview right after...the hair makes him look more grown up...

hee they show the SNL clip right after commercial...hee

he starts off there you go talking about Ruben...the first few minutes is whats on line...

Sheeh, I don't get it until the next hour.

As to ATDW being certified gold. I think I have said that it was probably gold already, why does no one believe me? There is a chant on CB of make Clay gold by Christmas, I keep saying, no make it platinum by then. There is good news on the MCWl front as well. Target actually resupplied MCWL when it sold out in October.

I think I said something about Barry Manilow showing up without a band and lipsynching to a track on all his recent appearanceds so he shows up on Martha today and has a full band with a horn section. It looked like he ang, but it did not sound like it, still if he is with a band, I suppose he really was singing.

The funny thing is that Barry is appearaing on Rachael Ray as well today, and the two shows are against each other in this market - Martha mentioned that Barry was on tape on that show and would be live on hers, Heh, Let's see if he has a band on this show. I am still trying to figure out why Martha's interview with Clay was one of the worst one's I have seen on her show - do I watch Martha - hey, she and I have a con-nec-tion, at least physically (location) and genetically.

I wandered thought Megan's site and I see that Clay is the only person that she has these "questions" listed. Maybe she is making nice with the fans after she saw how they reacted to the Ruben only idol remark. Really do these people think we are idiots and don't do our research?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

here we go new stuff we haven;t seen

they start talking about their history...Clay mentioned ripping his shirt off...Megan says that is kind of sexy..and Clay laughs...

and Megan goes lets do it now and of course the audience cheered

they talk about his grandma...

then the christmas show and singing together...

OMG...they talk so much it was hard to recap...