#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Unfortunately, sometimes I don't catch the tone of a post as well if I can't see the emoticon. Imagine that!

luckiest :huh: ....I'm sorry, but could you say more about this? I'm afraid I don't get it. :20:

And :ruserious: about EmoticonGate? :what_d_fuck: When I hear stuff like this, I just want to

:onsoapbox::herewegoagin::langue: but eventually get to the :whatever: place.

Hey, Clayzorback! It's cool seeing new people posting, huh gang? :welcome:

Yay Clayzorback is back...two fresh perspective in one day...I am so thrilled :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee, emoticons. What a controversial subject. :medium-smiley-070:

I agree, they can be annoying and sometimes dangerous when you are at work surfing when you should be working. However, I've been able to get around that by turned images off on my browser. Unfortunately, sometimes I don't catch the tone of a post as well if I can't see the emoticon. Imagine that!

y'all know that you can control this for this board alone through the my controls...if people are interested in how to turn off images and emoticons just pm me. Might be a good idea for the office computer and then you can check out the emoticons at home....

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys have COMPLETELY missed the super sekrit message - Clay used VEGETABLES!!!!!!

I have spent the day discussing the deep inner meaning of the vegetable emoticons with a board of esteemed marketing and public relations people.

By "marketing and public relations people" I mean "my Siamese cats, Maggie and Jane".

By "board" I mean "bored".

Anyway, Maggie and Jane are pretty smart - they get waited on hand and foot, for free, and are for the most part too stuck-up to even say thanks.

Sooooooo.....after a long discussion - by "discussion" I mean that I talked to them about the various pronouncements and theories, and in return they either kept their eyes closed, kept their eyes open, or slowly and kinda haughtily blinked - we arrived at several equally pointless SWAGs.

(One or two "theories" made them saunter over to their litter box and do whatever it is they do in there, very noisily, with much scratching and pawing; I left those theories out).

Since we did come up with several theories, they insisted that I list them all, so as not to seem all-knowing about something that is both insignificant and unknowable.

A. While signing things, Clay has found the lists of diet suggestions and commands and such that fans have sent him over the years, exclaimed "My goodness! I did NOT know that vegetables were good for me! This changes everything!" and he used the gamboling carrots and such to signal that he now understands and obeys.

B. He has been approached by many purveyors of fine foods with pleas to endorse peas. And rutabagas. And turnips. Because even though many foods in any grocery store would actually KILL him, and that seems a bad thing to mention to consumers, the produce departments of the nation are hoping that he can get the Claymates to run out and buy up all those fresh vegetables, especially the hard-to-move kinda cabbage-y smelling ones.

Clay hated to turn anyone down, and he does care about our health, so he gets about a million bucks for each two-steppin' green pepper and such - the money comes out of a pool put together by a consortium of grocers.

No, not THAT kind of pool, silly! What are you thinking?

C. Clay accidently clicked on a "Get millions of emoticons for FREE! We only ask that you let us load your P.C. with nasty marketing cookies!" pop-up, and the veggie emoticons made him laugh, so he used them before he ran marketing-cookie-deleting software on his machine.

Coulda been penguins, coulda been eyeballs, just a random thing.

D. Clay is laughing his fine ass off, watching people debate the meaning of the emoticons. He prolly won a bet.

There you have it! Or not!

(Disclaimer - no vegetables were boiled, minced, diced, mashed, or otherwise harmed during the writing of this post, and no endorsement, positive or negative, can be inferred, either. So there.)

:dancingpickle: (Note that I am a SUBTLE Claymate - just ONE emoticon.)

Edited by djs111

You guys have COMPLETELY missed the super sekrit message - Clay used VEGETABLES!!!!!!

I have spent the day discussing the deep inner meaning of the vegetable emoticons with a board of esteemed marketing and public relations people.

By "marketing and public relations people" I mean "my Siamese cats, Maggie and Jane".

Anyway, Maggie and Jane are pretty smart - they get waited on hand and foot, for free, and are for the most part too stuck-up to even say thanks.

Sooooooo.....after a long discussion - by "discussion" I mean that I talked to them about the various pronouncements and theories, and in return they either kept their eyes closed, kept their eyes open, or slowly and kinda haughtily blinked - we arrived at several equally pointless SWAGs.

Since we came up with several theories, they insisted that I list them all, so as not to seem all-knowing about something that is both insignificant and unknowable.

A. While signing things, Clay has found the lists of diet suggestions and commands and such that fans have sent him over the years, exclaimed "My goodness! I did NOT know that vegetables were good for me! This changes everything!" and he used the gamboling carrots and such to signal that he now understands and obeys.

B. He has been approached by many purveyors of fine foods with pleas to endorse peas. And rutabagas. And turnips. Because even though many foods in any grocery store would actually KILL him, and that seems a bad thing to mention to consumers, the produce departments of the nation are hoping that he can get the Claymates to run out and buy up all those fresh vegetables, especially the hard-to-move kinda cabbage-y smelling ones.

Clay hated to turn anyone down, and he does care about our health, so he gets about a million bucks for each two-steppin' green pepper and such - the money comes out of a pool put together by a consortium of grocers.

C. Clay accidently clicked on a "Get millions of emoticons for FREE! We only ask that you let us load your P.C. with nasty marketing cookies!" pop-up, and the veggie emoticons made him laugh, so he used them before he ran marketing-cookie-deleting software on his machine.

D. Clay is laughing his fine ass off, watching people debate the meaning of the emoticons. He prolly won a bet.

(Disclaimer - no vegetables were boiled, minced, diced, mashed, or otherwise harmed during the writing of this post, and no endorsement, positive or negative, can be inferred, either. So there.)

Oh.My.God. lmao....Grade A snark, honey...love it. And by the way, I've always thought CLay might have a special affinity for the lovely eggplant.....(insert whistling emoticon here---DAMN it, couchie! Why don't we have a whistling emoticon at FCA?!?!!? :badpc::breakpc1::onsoapbox: )

Oh...OT, but whatever...here at work, my department is ubercool. Great boss and then only me and two other women. So one of them sent IMs today asking what we name we should give our department of ubercool people. She suggested The Ops; CA (cut above); Operatin' Fools (We are the Operations Department, by the way)...I responded, "Well, DUH. I choose CA of course because they're Clay's initials."

Yes, I'm a sick pup, why do you ask?

Anyway, the other woman suggested "The Big O"...to which I responded (of course)..."OOOOH! I LOVE big 'O's"....

However, we are now The O Team....

Fascinating stuff, huh? <_< :856:

BWAH!!!! I love your marketing and PR discussions...verrrrry illuminating!!!!

Its all about marketing y'know!!

So y'all know that the scandal contest is officially considered as snark by the OFC. So the contest is a no go...

BUT...that does not mean we can't just have fun with them :medium-smiley-070:

so if people have put together some ideas and don;t want to waste them...we may consider starting a scandal thread for FCA...I need to get agreement from the other admins first... but this may be a good way to distract us till March 31st :F_05BL17blowkiss:

uniform.gif

As a self-appointed representative of the FAN POLICE, I regret to inform you that I'm going to have to cite some of you for wanton and egregious use of emoticons.

Are you going to cooperate, or do I have to break out the cuffs? cuffs1.gif

Sigh. muski, put your hand down, I wasn't looking for volunteers... And do I even want to know what y'all are doing with that banana over there?

New House just started - for some reason it is on tonight and not tomorrow night.

Sounds like fun to see some of the photo-shop thingies - and I assume no one was nutty enough to make an R-rated one for an OFC contest!

The house I have is a repeat....

heee....I expected some xrated scandals but not necessarily for the OFC...

Bottle...BWAH

This place is cracking me up today!

djs111, LOVE your snark!! To borrow one of muski's favorite expressions, you CMSU!!

:cryingwlaughter:

Welcome Clayzorback! You've come to the funnest place is Clay Land! :polon: :00000430: :trink3: :bier: :voll::manynanas: :09:

uniform.gif

As a self-appointed representative of the FAN POLICE, I regret to inform you that I'm going to have to cite some of you for wanton and egregious use of emoticons.

Are you going to cooperate, or do I have to break out the cuffs? cuffs1.gif

Sigh. muski, put your hand down, I wasn't looking for volunteers... And do I even want to know what y'all are doing with that banana over there?

BWAH!!!

And why did I too think of muski when I saw the handcuffs???

Hello everyone *waves*

Perhaps I should use an emoticon to properly convey my meaning.

:helloogreen:

You guys have a few emoticons that are right up my alley:

:finger: (except this one looks as if he's trolling for boogers)

:believe:

:what_d_fuck:

The last time I saw so many dancing bananas was at a Clay Aiken concert. Well, OK, he only had one dancing banana but quality over quantity, people, and size really does matter.

CinPA has been telling me to stop on in, so I thought I would and say hello to some old friends and some new people that I don't know. I like your board.

Wahoo - it's Shadylil!!!! Come on back and set a spell.

Welcome to Fully Functional and Clayzorback. More newbies, more newbies!!

:dancingpickle: :dancingpickle: :dancingpickle: :dancingpickle: :dancingpickle: :dancingpickle: :dancingpickle:

(One or two "theories" made them saunter over to their litter box and do whatever it is they do in there, very noisily, with much scratching and pawing; I left those theories out).

Since we did come up with several theories, they insisted that I list them all, so as not to seem all-knowing about something that is both insignificant and unknowable.

Great snark!! Love it. Thanks for the funny!!

:dancingpickle: :dancingpickle: :dancingpickle: :dancingpickle: :dancingpickle: :dancingpickle:

djs, my own choice experts (as in, the cats Spot and Quincy) think you're funny. Bwahvo!

:cryingwlaughter:

bottlecap also brings the funny lately with her bondage exploits. What. (See, sometimes writing without emoticons works too, IMO. But there's no fun in that, right? :believeitornot: )

And if I remember correctly, Miss divayenta brought forth a poem yesterday that, to use a popular phrase around here at the moment, CMSU! (Why oh why isn't there an emoticon for that?)

I love this place. :hugs-1:

:woohoo:Shadylil is in da house!

So...the Clay "contest" is no more. Doesn't really surprise me, actually. After picking myself up off the floor from reading that blog, I figured it would probably never happen. It read like either he needed a venting fix, or else he just needed to make his point without being overtly public about it. I'd say in either case, it worked. Bravo Clay.

For those that want handcuffs- some special banana ban117.gif

Hee!! Had to save that one!

Hey lookie, it's Clayzor and Shady. Fancy seeing you here. :dance2:

*waves to that contrarian, FullyFunctional* hi5.gif

:nanadance2: < -- what the hell is that? A bananamousse? Bananas Flambe? :lol:

Edited by YSRN

Hello everyone *waves*

Perhaps I should use an emoticon to properly convey my meaning.

:helloogreen:

You guys have a few emoticons that are right up my alley:

:finger: (except this one looks as if he's trolling for boogers)

:believe:

:what_d_fuck:

The last time I saw so many dancing bananas was at a Clay Aiken concert. Well, OK, he only had one dancing banana but quality over quantity, people, and size really does matter.

CinPA has been telling me to stop on in, so I thought I would and say hello to some old friends and some new people that I don't know. I like your board.

Oooooo!! Someone else new has come to play!!! We've never met, but I hope you'll come have fun with us often!

:rainbowsmile:

Let's add a baby to the mix for all the newbies - we should have something to indicate initial posts here, no? ban12.gif

I hope all newbies know to leave all seriousness at the thread titles - This is where Clay fans come to play.

I knew I had a con-nec-tion

Edited by playbiller

Yes, House was a rerun. But I lurved it anyways.

Lots of funny this day, and may I mention that I am eternally grateful for the fact that "snark" sounds so much kindlier and fuzzier than "sarcasm". Sniff!

And maybe I am alone at the FCA, but it always makes me giggle to see that everybody here is some form or degree of "member". Members waving and smiling all over the place.

I hope that anyone who has created a "scandal" that is too cerebral for us ordinary folks to understand will also post a simple explanation, so we can appreciate the thing!

I hope that anyone who has created a "scandal" that is too cerebral for us ordinary folks to understand will also post a simple explanation, so we can appreciate the thing!

DJs...BWAH!!!!! that is just priceless and very good advice I might add. the Scandal is supposed to be something a tabloid could come up with...so if it needed several minds to put together...it won;t make it on a tabloid.

SOOOO....Play ...are you goign to share your scandal with us??? Did anybody else start working on one or wants to wokr on one? should we open a new thread for it or just keep it on main?

Love you guys...this really CMSU....

What? Three newbies in the last two days? I may have to add a new mod or two to counteract that LOL.

Welcome everyone.

Ya'll are cracking me up with the emoticons even though I only halfway understand what's going on. I made Ansa explain it to me. Heee. Bottle, keep those fan police away from me please.

I was going to do a scandal but there was no way in hell I was starting until there were some rules. It hit me right away that Clay was venting and that this would have to go through legal. I don't know whether that is true but that was the feeling I got when I read his post, examined the punctuation, and read between the lines. heh.

Anyway, I guess my red headed Clocke baby paternity suit ENQUIRER EXCLUSIVE will have to wait for another day. I would have loved seeing Ansa come up with the perfectly photoshopped combo of Clay and K-Lo. I could have made that story so believable.... a cerebral tabloid story? LOL. If it needs explaining, it don't belong in a tabloid.

Whatever. It was genius. Simply genius. Hope people didn't spend a ton of time on it... wait for the rules. Wait for the rules. Wait for the rules. Big ole hint.

Hey Muski, have you seen Menopause. Diva? YSRN? I thought that might be a fun thing to do when Diva hits town. It's playing right at Pier 29..well one of those Piers.

DJS..LOL..great stuff.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: my post looked weird with no emoticons. I love ya'll! I'm so happy to be well again and can't wait to jump back into the convo.

Uh...what? Oh...no...I..uh... :unsure: was just stretching....heh.

Shadylil! :welcome:

And all I ask of you, guys, is that you tell me WAY ahead of time for the premiere of some of these scandals...'coss I'll need to go to Sylvan for some cram courses on such things. I hate subtitles, so I'd rather just try to get smart enough beforehand. See? That way I won't NEED subtitles. :lightblub:

Kenny and I had our first Salsa dance class tonight! It was a real workout---sweaty and stuff. But the most traumatic element was the freaking walls of mirrors.

Brutal. :scream: