#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

I've been to North Carolina - you can't have anyone talk too fast for a nu yawker. - of course when I had to talk to someone in Atlanta, I almost fell asleep before she finished the sentence. I swear, if I didn't take notes, I would not have been able to carry on a conversation with her because I would forget what we were talking about, it would take so long and I would listen word by word. So I would write them donw and them read it before replying. North Carolina was better but still took so long to buy something in a store - life is so much less hectic. I am used to moving like I am on speed.

Excuse me, but did he say...

BRAZIL?!?!?!?

Clay went to Brazil.

Brazil.

Maybe, since it was so hot and all, he went for a very, very late night walk on the streets of Brazil. And maybe he wore low-slung shorts and went commando (with it being so hot and all)...

And maybe he put on a shirt, but left it unbuttoned...

all the way...

And maybe he was walking with a woman named Amelia.

Just sayin...

Excuse me, but did he say...

BRAZIL?!?!?!?

Clay went to Brazil.

Brazil.

Maybe, since it was so hot and all, he went for a very, very late night walk on the streets of Brazil. And maybe he wore low-slung shorts and went commando (with it being so hot and all)...

And maybe he put on a shirt, but left it unbuttoned...

all the way...

And maybe he was walking with a woman named Amelia.

Just sayin...

I thought of that when I read he was in Brazil!!!

Maybe he does read fanfic and maybe a certain story gave him the idea!

And maybe it gave him other ideas.......

What? Clay blogged? YAY. Loved it.

So his UNICEF Trip will be in the summer? Mid summer? Is that what he said. hmmmm but yay for the tour.

And I loved how my pasty white boyfriend referred to himself as a pasty white boy. We have a connection.

Holy Crap! That's a lot of blog! muski, I thought of your fictional trip to Brazil right away. Lord help the boy if he's getting ideas from your writing. Wonder if he'll post pics from this international trip....

Barbara Bush, huh? I don't have time to read any where else this morning before church, but I have to think somewhere the shuttle is being readied and heads are exploding for political reasons. He's very sly, isn't he?

I'm betting on a visible tattoo to go along with the new teeth and the haircut.

I think he's being deliberately cagey about the timing of the UNICEF trip, which is as it should be.

Do you get the idea that he doesn't have any more clues about where his concerts are going to be than we do? HA!

Gotta go - be back later to catch up.

Awwww I totally love the blog...he is too funny!!!

Sometimes I forget that this is just a young guy of 28 that loves to be silly and have all kinds of fun...I love it when he allows himself to have fun with the fans.

What fun to wake up to this morning! He's such a little cuss, sometimes. I'm glad he made it to Brazil without the fans knowing (or at least posting about it on the boards). I personally think muski should send Clay a bill for being his travel agent this time. (BTW, she certainly seems to have some scarily correct premonitions about Clay in her fiction sometimes....what's up with that? *g*)

I would venture a guess that he met Barbara Bush (the younger) because she was there supporting her sister Jenna, who is also a UNICEF ambassador, and is now writing a book on AIDS in Africa for teenage readers. No matter how I feel about their father....I think it's tres cool that he met her.

I'm gonna have to read it a few more times to get the full gist of this blog. But I just gotta say that I LOVE him to very much.

I also love that he knows how to use emoticons quite well.

:nanarow::nanarow::nanarow:

Just because Clay happened to meet a Bush daughter at an event they were both attending desn't mean he endorses her father's policies.

For that matter, I'm not sure the Bush daughters support their father's policies! They sure do seem diferent.....

Sometimes I forget that this is just a young guy of 28 that loves to be silly and have all kinds of fun...I love it when he allows himself to have fun with the fans.

This is so true. He really is just a 28 year guy, isn't he. Glad he can still be just a 28 year old guy some of the time and glad he can share it with us!

Just because Clay happened to meet a Bush daughter at an event they were both attending desn't mean he endorses her father's policies.

For that matter, I'm not sure the Bush daughters support their father's policies! They sure do seem diferent.....

This is so true. He really is just a 28 year guy, isn't he. Glad he can still be just a 28 year old guy some of the time and glad he can share it with us!

yeah it seem the two Bush daughters are very much involved in UNICEF..even Barbara has been on a trip to Botswana for them. I didn;t know which daughter is which, but from the pictures in UNICEF...Barbara is the blonde daughter.

For some reason, that quote from one of the disgruntled AIers popped into my head this morning - it was "I'm Clay Aiken, hear me roar!" - and was not meant as a compliment.

I don't think Clay is roaring, but I think he has made an astoundingly impressive and varied use of his time and opportunities so far!

Not gonna be delusionally pompous and say I know what Clay wants to do with his life - I just think he seems happily and busily making the most of every chance he gets.

That's why I don't think he needs any of the personal management that some are advocating - seems like all the "plans" that I have read start from the faulty premise that someone knows exactly what Clay wants to do (or should want to do), and proceeds from there, and then when his actions don't coincide with the "plan", he is deemed to have "made a mistake" - all from a faulty starting premise! I guess it whiles away the time, though.

I see he has kept proper nutrition in mind when using emoticons - all those veggies!

I would like to add a song to the list we are making for the concert - Time of The Season - no chance in hell, but just thinking about Clay wailing and growling through that is, um, nice.

I was watching a PBS fundraiser yesterday, they were showing clips of Broadway singers performing with the Boston Pops. One woman was introduced (the original Marion the librarian, evidently) and the person speaking said she was the consummate singer; she sings in service of the song, not herself. I am starting to appreciate that the singers on Broadway just really really love to SING - there are so many good singers, they don't need pro-tools, they just go out and sing well every night.

Kristin Chenoweth performed a song from Candide and was amazing!

Notto get this too political - seems after graduation taht the twins spent a lot of time partying in Hollywood with the other young girls - this could have been their parents decisions to get them out of the news that they were making. I kept hearing how embarassing it was with the police reports and all. I belive they had jobs working as assitants for a Hollywood director. So the UNICEF thing would be a recent one. Jenna would not be available forthe party because she is actually working in another country,rather than visiting and reporting. She is also the child reportedly less reserved and duplicitous.

Hello. I posted in the newbie introduce yourself thread. So I am ready to make a post.

I am on my way out the door to go have a son "fix", but if it is alright, I wanted to come here and Eeeeee over Clay's blog and post. Was that not just the greatest thing evah? What a remarkable young man he is. Taking advantage of everything, is right. I just love him so much.

Thanks. I'll be back.

Edited by Clayzorback

Hello. I posted in the newbie introduce yourself thread. So I am ready to make a post.

I am on my way out the door to go have a son "fix", but if it is alright, I wanted to come here and Eeeeee over Clay's blog and post. Was that not just the greatest thing evah? What a remarkable young man he is. Taking advantage of everything, is right. I just love him so much.

Thanks. I'll be back.

Well I would have to EEEEEEEEEEE cos we have a newbie!!!

Welcome...and please don;t hesitate to post...we do not bite...

looking forward to your posts....

and yes a big EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to the blog I am still quite excited about it.

:welcome:Clayzoback! Enjoy your time here -- as you probably know, we love to EEEEEE and SQUEEEEEE about Clay, but in a very respectful way. Feel free to join in on the conversation at hand.

playbiller, thanks for the information on Jenna. I had looked her up this morning, knowing about her book, but didn't read the small print about where she was now.

I think one of the things that really got me upon 167th reading of the blog was him talking about him being proud of himself for surviving the UNICEF party. Way to go Clay!

His blogs make me happy -- they invariably put a smile on my face. Gotta love him.

Yep, LadyJ...he is STILL dealing with his issues with crowds. Just because he is on medication doesn't make everything ok. So yeah, I'm happy that he was able to go to a function like that. Parties and get togethers are an important part of life! Oh and another connection with many of us here... he's had the crud as well. LOL.

The last paragraph of the blog is certainly quite cryptic, isn't it? Things in development and seeing us in many capacities. And summer's happenings - is that beside UNICEF and touring? Things that make you go Hummm...

Wonder if Clay will get to meet Bill Gates through the connection with the UNICEF dude. Wait - I know what it all means now!!! Maybe Melinda Gates is a huge Clay fan, and Bill would certainly have the funds to buy out Clay's RCA contract. Clay's now working on his new CD, which will have a funky salsa beat and you'll have to buy one of those wacky Microsoft Zune players to be able to download it. In addition, any of the journalists at the MSNBC affiliated media outlets that have ever been mean to Clay will be out on their asses. Bye-bye, Jeanette Walls! No more freelance article from you, Miss Alli! Ha Ha!

What? No, it's Sunday afternoon - I haven't been drinking.... much. :voll:

Welcome Clayzorback!

Since you brought it up, playbiller, I will report in that my Target is one of those that all of a sudden doesn't have any ATDW, but does have 5 MOAMs. Weird.... It could just be that ATDW was sold out, but there's usually always been 3 or 4 in stock...

Notto get this too political - seems after graduation taht the twins spent a lot of time partying in Hollywood with the other young girls - this could have been their parents decisions to get them out of the news that they were making. I kept hearing how embarassing it was with the police reports and all. I belive they had jobs working as assitants for a Hollywood director. So the UNICEF thing would be a recent one. Jenna would not be available forthe party because she is actually working in another country,rather than visiting and reporting. She is also the child reportedly less reserved and duplicitous.

hee not to clear about the last sentence...so which daughter is more the party girl?

Djs ...totally agree with you about the fans that like to make plans for him. I once was in a discussion with another vocal poster about the mistakes Clay's team has done. Well I pointed out...they are only mistakes if they did not reach Clay's goals or went against Clay;s priorities. Unless Clay tells us what he actually wants with his career and where he wants to go with it, we will never know what are mis-steps and what are deliberate choices.

and about the Broadway thing...Clay was the one that was automatically tagged as good for Broadway. Since then Broadway have been getting various AI people to create some interest...I can't wait till Clay finally takes the plunge and tries a Broadway role. My one wish to see him try is Pippin. I love the music and I think the story of an idealist looking for his place in the sun is very apt for Clay.

Ladies and Other Women of the FCA,

I present as evidence:

Exhibit A: Clay delivering pizzas in the raw (Clay, not the pizza dough)

Exhibit B: Clay going to Brazil and complaining about the heat. (He probably ate some ice cream, too, and licked the melting goo as it dripped down his fingers.)

Exhibit C: The president of UNICEF (an organization for which Clay Aiken is an ambassador for EDUCATION) left...to join the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is the funder behind the non-profit EDUCATIONAL organization for which I am the Meetings & Events Manager!

I rest my case.

What case, you ask?

Why the case that a Clay and Muski union is meant to be.

That is all.

Yep, LadyJ...he is STILL dealing with his issues with crowds. Just because he is on medication doesn't make everything ok. So yeah, I'm happy that he was able to go to a function like that. Parties and get togethers are an important part of life! Oh and another connection with many of us here... he's had the crud as well. LOL.

Yup I thought of that too when i read the description of his illness...

The last paragraph of the blog is certainly quite cryptic, isn't it? Things in development and seeing us in many capacities. And summer's happenings - is that beside UNICEF and touring? Things that make you go Hummm...

It certainly made me go HMMMM too. For some reason I have a feeling something in development is TV related instead of related to new recordings...just this feeling deep in my acidic tummy...hee.