#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

From CV:

i received a bulletin from Quiana myspace.

a clay mention

I HEARD CLAY'S GOING BACK ON THE ROAD. LETS PRAY HE TAKES ME ALONG SO I CAN GIVE ALL OF YOU A "HOLY CHRISTIAN HUG" (LOL)

Does that not seem just a bit odd? I can't tell if Quiana is just being coy, or if she really doesn't know if she's touring with Clay or not. It seems like he'd want to get his group in line pretty quickly, or let them know that he doesn't need them so they could get other gigs to pay the bills. I guess I'd lean toward playing coy - I could see Team Clay doing a bit of viral marketing to keep the Clay Nation occupied without spilling all the beans before they're ready. Still, I think they need to make a formal announcement pretty soon if tickets start going on sale in less than a month.

Are my eyes decieing me? There's no Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word o that list? Oh No. Must have song. I've heard him sing it once and mess up the lyrics. It's his new When you Say You love me. Must add.

OMG, that is my favorite song on the CD.(at least most of the time) I can't believe I didn't notice it not being on the list. To me, it's the " Mary Did You Know" of this CD. I think it's the metronome like beat to it that reminds me of MDYK and I love the guitar, it's one that needs very little accompaniment, I agree this must be in the set list.

Or... Maybe they aren't as far along in the planning stages as we think they are. Not so much in dates but in how they want to do the show so as to know whether or not he needs his back-ups. I can't imagine he wouldn't want them there with him. It could just be that he has said to him "Are you guys available?" but nothing is written in stone yet.

Wonder if Angela will be available?

Wonder if he will have a male backup?

And yes, "Sorry" SHOULD be on the set list. Hmmmmm. Ok, how about this. There are 16 songs on ATDW counting the two bonus tracks. So he does all 16 (not necessarily in the order in which they appear on the album), add all our suggestions of songs NOT on the album, the 4 one-word-title songs we've never heard, including that one called "Mysterious" from that one track list, then add 4 of the sure-to-be rockin' orginal songs from the "Lost Album". That's only 24 songs. He could 12 a half!

Works fro me! :medium-smiley-070:

no way will this be JBT length - this concert will mostly be Clay with some help form his back ups, but not sure how much.

No way would this ever be as short as Kelly's concerts. I think the way she sings forces her to keep it short or she runs out of energy and can't go forthat long. As long as her fans don't start complaining, she can get away with it. I don't think Clay would do such a short set because his concerts seem to get longer and longer.

I do wish he would not do meet and greets just because of the fans that force themselves out of a sick bed to not miss the chance to meet Clay because they love him.

Is is just me or is anyone one else sick of the bad people list based on a writers interview as written by the wrtier? Right now there seems to be a lot of Jacob hate out there because he did not say how wonderful Clay was in an interview, but he did not write the interview and I am sure a lot of stuff was not included by the writer's choice. So it is no longer only not say hateful stuff about Clay or not to defend him loudly enough for the Clay fan, but it is also no omission of praise, although some times I wonder if Clay warns people from discussing him just to protect them from the crap that might get thrown at them.

Yeah, I saw that Jacob crap yesterday. I can't say I'd spend a bunch of time talking about a job that I got fired from, especially if that led to questions about why I got dumped... On the other hand, Jacob toured most recently with Kelly, so I would expect him to talk about her.

And yes, "Sorry" SHOULD be on the set list. Hmmmmm. Ok, how about this. There are 16 songs on ATDW counting the two bonus tracks. So he does all 16 (not necessarily in the order in which they appear on the album), add all our suggestions of songs NOT on the album, the 4 one-word-title songs we've never heard, including that one called "Mysterious" from that one track list, then add 4 of the sure-to-be rockin' orginal songs from the "Lost Album". That's only 24 songs. He could 12 a half!

Hee, me too! I was driving to work this morning and the first line of Sorry came on and I figuratively kicked myself that we'd forgotten to put it on our set list!

So where was this interview with Jacob? Can someone direct me to it?

Was there even a chance to talk about Clay, or Kelly? Is everyone who ever has met Clay supposed to find a way to sing his praises in every interview they give?

And you know what? If the subject of Clay did come up and Jacob said something like "He's a great guy" some would pounce on that because he didn't say he's the greatest guy ever and the most talented singer he's ever worked with and the most generous etc, etc, etc.

And you know what? If the subject of Clay did come up and Jacob said something like "He's a great guy" some would pounce on that because he didn't say he's the greatest guy ever and the most talented singer he's ever worked with and the most generous etc, etc, etc.

And, conversely, if Jacob said "Clay sucked as a boss, he fired me," there would be effigies created and burned, and "Jacob is the anti-christ" would become a new mantra. And that's just for starters.

I love Clay -- I love following his work, his tours, and just have a blast doing so. (I also love the friends I've made through this fandom.) But I know that not everyone in the world is going to love (or hate) the man. If that's true, the world would be a boring, boring place.

Hee, me too! I was driving to work this morning and the first line of Sorry came on and I figuratively kicked myself that we'd forgotten to put it on our set list!

I get 37 on account of this one: "add all our suggestions of songs NOT on the album," that is, the MOAM songs, Tears Run Dry, Back for More, and the other covers suggested. Sounds good to me--also lots of banter. That would make the show what, 4 hours long. Think anyone would object? :medium-smiley-070:

Of course Clay and his people are doing the same thing as we are, except for real. Must be hard to decide what to keep and what to leave off.

Edited by jmh123

:new7::new7::new7::new7::new7::new7:

Oh...and I want to hear Clay sing "Tell It Like It Is"...even though it IS Aaron Neville's song and always will be. Still would slither and drool and slide away hearing Clay sing it....

If you want something to play with

Go and find yourself a toy

Baby, my time is too expensive

And I'm not a little boy

If you are serious

Don't play with my heart, it makes me furious

But if want me to love you

Then, baby, I will, girl, you know I will

Tell it like it is

Don't be ashamed to let your conscience be your guide

But I-I-I-I-I know deep down inside of me

I believe you love me, forget your foolish pride

Life is too short to have sorrow

You may be here today and gone tomorrow

You might as well get what you want

So go on and live, baby, go on and live

Tell it like it is

I'm nothin' to play with, go and find yourself a toy

But I-I-I-I-I

Tell it like it is

My time is too expensive

And I'm not your little boy

[Fade]

Mm mm, tell it like it is

:hubbahubba: gawd....

Just saw this at the CH:

Good News for Texas Fans!

Posted by Dudley5 at the CB.

Sabrina Daniels <sdaniels@nokiatheatredfw.com> wrote:

We are working on it.

Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 1:59 PM

To: Sabrina Daniels

Subject: RE: Comments on NOKIATheatreDFW.com

GREAT - you do mean you are working on getting him to come back this summer? Right??

Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:49:28 -0600

Yes working on the specifics.

Edited by Claygasm

USA Today's Idol Chatter:

Clay sold 1,000, down from 1,100, total 504,000.

And the whole article:

Here's the Idol info, from the Billboard 200 album chart, courtesy of Nielsen SoundScan:

1-2 last week Daughtry: 90,000 (84,000 previous week, up +7%; total 1.80 million): True, it was a terrible sales week, with only one debut in the top 62, but going to No. 1 again is great for Chris. Could part of the reason be the Home exposure?

15-18 Carrie: 34,000 (36,000, -5%; total 4.99 million): And tonight she gets a little boost with an appearance singing on an obscure musical contest program.

44-39 Katharine: 16,000 (20,000; -21%; total 235,000): Over It is gradually building a pretty good amount of top 40 airplay, but it hasn't kicked in yet to influence sales. At this rate, Katharine appears a lock to end up with the third-worst-selling debut for a 1-2 finisher (behind Justin and Diana).

66-100 Kellie: 12,000 (8,700, +37%; total 454,000): There's that Idol boost for you, although admittedly it's not a gonzo number.

105-109 Fantasia: 8,000 (8,000, no gain; total 310,000): On to Broadway.

109-138 Taylor: 7,500 (6,200, +21%; total 648,000): Not a huge gain, but nice to see. Did he do something high-profile last week that I missed? (Not impossible.)

Off the chart: I just have Clay and Ruben numbers this week: Clay sold 1,000, down from 1,100, total 504,000. Ruben sold 2,100, down from 2,300, total 212,000.

It would be interesting to see what effect, if any, having Clay appear and sing an ATDW song on AI would have. God...after Kellie Pickler, Clay would sound even MORE vocally superior to everyone than he already is. Since we're in fantasy land here, which ATDW song should he sing? WOuld he most likely sing?

Should? LNM

Would probably? ATD or TOA? I have no idea. I WISH he'd sing IYDKMBN, but since that's not really ON the CD......I'd prefer him to sing something with some moves, some tempo to it, not a straight ballad....but..

???????

I mean, it's just a mental exercise, of course. He's NOT going to be on AI this year, right? And even if he were to appear, he wouldn't sing, right?

Right?

I'm all for green-eyed soul Clay. Throw in some surprises, honey. Anything Motown. "Dock of the Bay". "Mustang Sally". I want to see him smoke.

As long as there's a 42 piece orchestra there, he might as well do "Nights in White Satin". Just sayin'. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

An update on Texas from auntdementia at the CH:

I just called Nokia's General Managers' office, and she told me "he is definitely coming. They are working out the details (date, ticket prices, etc) July looks good. AND tell the Claymates to subscribe to ALL ACCESS and an email will be sent out as soon as it is official"

You don't have to email or call she said. She is getting tons of emails. *g* Just go to their website and sign up for ALL ACCESS!!

Its looking good KAndre and the rest of the eHP! Of course, it isn't Houston, but it is Texas!

Now, wonder where in Philly he could come?

Edited by Claygasm

Clay........at Nokia......in Texas! Please say it's true! It's been a long time since we've seen Clay in Texas and I've been trying not to get too optimistic about him coming here this summer.

I really don't care much about what he sings, as long as I get to see him, like up close and personal. heh

Okay, that's not really true because I would love to hear him sing When A Man Loves A Woman. Yeah, I know, I'm in dream world, but a girl can hope that maybe one of these days we can hear him sing the whole song.

Come to Texas Clay!

:club0:

Edited by txflwrgrl

Something else to speculate about. What is Clay going to do between now and then that makes them think he can fill the Nokia this summer (or enough seats to make it worth it)? Cause I think they wouldn't be going for venues of this size if they weren't aware of some big publicity coming down the pike. They could just as easily have gone for small theaters with this type of show.