#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

This seems like a good bang for your charitable donations buck...BAF has to stay in the top ten in order for the donations to be doubled. The number of donors is the key here not the amount of the donations. I just donated a small amount, but saw the counter increase on the top 10 page and that made me feel good. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation is one of the top ten badges on Kevin Bacon's charity site, SixDegrees.org. Six Degrees encourages people in the public eye to use their celebrity to bring awareness to important causes, and gives average citizens a way to promote their charities by becoming "celebrities for the cause." It is part of the Network for Good.

Top badges will receive a $10,000 donation from SixDegrees.org.

Donations through BAF's badge can be made here

Donate to BAF through Six Degrees

Dropping in from out of nowhere but I thought you'd find this interesting. Just had a session with a wonderful psychic - she is the BEST- let me know if you are interested. Anyway, I just had to ask a few questions about CLayman.

He has a tremendous light coming off of him.

His career will be like Barry Manilow's in that he will be a great entertainer and attract audiences of all generations. (Sorry to those who want Clay "Johnny Rotten" Aiken!)

He is a genuinely good person and extremely private about his life.

So, there you have the Clay tidbit. Her insights into my life were amazing .

INteresting day. I look forward to seeing some of you this month!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :allgood:

I wonder when those dates are gonna drop? I think I"m gonna be in CAlifornia in August for vacation. So if he comes to Oakland or SF, I"m there!!!

FCA discussion: I never go there because of the rudeness. I call it "The Snakepit". Anyone remember that movie with Olivia de Havilland? I watched "The BAd Seed" last night and laughed my ass off it was so campy.

Darling Diva said:

So if he comes to Oakland or SF, I"m there!!!

So my day just got better! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

and because I believe in the power of positive energy, I'll put this out there. You know, my hubby's dad died last month. We thought his mom was doing all right. But yesterday Kenny got a call from his brother who lives near their mother. She's buckling---long story, details don't really matter, but the end result is that she's going to have to be institutionalized. The three sons will need to meet soon to put the house in selling order, donate the car to a charity and say goodbye to the home they've known all their lives...and see their surviving parent begin a life where her freedoms will depend on her ability to control her own dependencies (if that made any sense). It's so sad.

My husband is not one to whine or even reach out for help. He stays busy, busy and moves outward, not inward---more involvement with the kids, more focus on work, more determination to go to the gym, etc. But I know he's hurting and wanting to just say "FUCK IT ALL!"...he won't ever do that, but...

So I just ask that when you're thinking good thoughts for all those in the world who need it, you might give an extra nudge to send some goodwill his way. He truly deserves it. :wub:

Thanks... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by muskifest

((((Mr.Muski))))

good thoughts and prayers goign your way.

Jenna!!! gald to see you post...and mad are you a good psychic...you will give Diva's psychic friend some competition there.

DIVA...pretty good reading there...hope she only had good vibes for you.

{{{{{{{{{{{Mr. Muski}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{the entire Muski clan}}}}}}}}}}}}}

You'll be in my thoughts....

Diva -- I like what your psychic had to say. He really does give off a glow, doesn't he? And I'm with the psychic on Clay being an ENTERTAINER. IMO, he's an old soul -- he likes being a person who can touch people of all ages with his music. (Note: this does NOT mean he'll NEVER rock out ever again. IMO, it just means that he'll balance out the rock star with the balladeer and the comedian and the hot sexy guy.)

I love my balanced guy.

Question: can we do the 6 degrees thing and have it also count for FCA-MAD? I've heard the answer is no.

Just wanted to bring this over from the CH:

From the CB via CV via OFC

plumclazy at CB said just now that KISC radio in Spokane just played "A Thousand Days" and the DJ said that Clay will be touring in July and stay tuned to see if he will be in Spokane. Just wanted to share that a DJ said this so I wonder if word is imminent about the schedule.

Veeerry interesting!!

Thank you all for your hugs... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

As for the Spokane tour rumor? Hmmm....did I ever tell you that my brother in law's daughter lives there and that Kenny and I have talked about visiting for a couple of years now? :medium-smiley-070:

Hey! Check out my new avie! (Gotta work on it though---Clay's too small. heh) But look at that smile! This is from that night with Stephen Curtis Chapman...ain't he pretty? God, that smile is so, so wonderful.

Excuse me while I go work on him until he gets bigger.

heh

ETA: Ok...he expanded a little bit, but he's still not as big as I'd like....

heh

Edited by muskifest

Found this at the CH:

posted by sindy39 at CV:

Quote:

Please forgive me if this has already been discovered as I have been AWOL for a while.

I came across a clip of Clay at SCC's Greensboro concert, and the wonderful person

who filmed this was more than happy to share with Clay fans. :twodancing:

I assured her how grateful we were to have this!!

It's not the whole song (about 1 min), but the sound is great, and the view is pretty nice too!

Screencap:

sccclay2.jpg

DL links

070217_SCC_Concert_The_Great_Adventure_Duet_UKGomer_sindy39.wmv, (15 MB)

sendspace link

yousend it link

I also found a few photos:

Clay with Steven's sons' band The Following

sccband.jpg

A few others, not sure of the photographer.

He looks so darn happy!

th_SCCconcert1.jpg

th_SCCconcert2.jpg

th_SCCconcert3.jpg

eta: sorry but the other three original pictures were just too big.

Um, the picture with SCC's sons?

It kind of makes me squeamish because he looks like he could be one of them!! And they're so young!!!

I don't need another reminder of his jail bait status!!

Of course, when he's alone as in muski's avie, he looks more grown-up so I think when I save that pictures I'll just cut out SCC's sons. I mean, I am sure they're nice guys and all, but I don't want Clay looking like he could be one of them!

No more tour dates announced yet? **taps foot impatiently....**

Claygasm, I know what you mean...but then I think about the first time I saw those pictures of Daniel Radcliffe (aka Harry Potter) in that play in England, and I don't feel NEARLY as bad about lusting over Clay. *g*

I think a caption for the picture of Clay with SCC's kids could be "the many hairstyles of Clay Aiken, all in one picture."

Saw this posted on the tour thread at the OFC (Yes I went back! I am a gluton for punishment!):

From SoClayFie at the Clayboard (3/5/07 8:37 pm) via the CH:

I emailed Meadowbrook in Giford, NH and asked if Clay's coming there this summer.

My email:

Bill,

Clay Aiken will be touring this summer. Will he be at Meadowbrook again?

Thanks,----------

The answer:

We are talking with their management, but

may not get a date. You know he is touring

with an orchestra this time around... Does that

interest you as much?

Sincerely,

I emailed back a big YES

Touring with an orchestra? That will require a VERY big bus!!!

((((muski hubby)))) and ((((muski family)))) hope everything is better today.

I have given up on Clay coming to Georgia ever again in my lifetime (LOL). He might get to Atlanta, but I try not to go there except for doctors appointments. Garden of Evil, I tell you. I am just a simple southern girl who lives in the sticks and likes it (actually this is an Air Force town so we have a lot of transient people). If you need a place to eat, a kwick shop or a church, we are the place to be.

Hope everybody has a good day. Keep talking ladies, ya'll give me the chuckles.

Waving to all my friends, hope everybody is healthy.

:allgood:

as for the picture, what can I say..... no explaination necessary :hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

Because I agreed with the mods that the title could be called ATDW tour - note many others wanted summer tour because they won't go to a tour supporting ATDW - well, since then, every word is being picked apart in my post and I have to go back and clarify over and over. someone said he can't support it because her store does not have any ATDW CDs so I said my stores do, maybe that is why he tours in my area so much - well, on theorist decided that I said if Clay did not tour in an area, there are no fans there. Another person Claimed that Clay toured in their area but there are no CDs there so I was wrong. ETC. that was just the last part when I left, there were others, I just told someone to stop reading things that I did not say into my posts because it was rude, much like reading things into Clay's blogs.

The name of the tour has become the battleground. A few folks want to "prove" that they know Clay better than the rest of us, that he really hates ATDW, and, like Touch, there's no way he will sing anything from the album because he is stubborn like that.

Apparently there are no CDs in the stores of people who hate ATDW and want it to be done with, and plenty in the stores of those of us who love it and want to hear songs from ATDW this summer. How are the stores able to figure this out, I wonder, and what do they do when people of both persuasions shop at the same store? I can hear it on the intercom now--"Quick, hide the Aiken CDs, Sally Conspiracy-Theorist is coming in." "Hurry, bring 'em out again. Here comes Julie Jubilant-About-Clay!!" "Oh no, they're both in the store at the same time. Someone distract Sally and keep her out of electronics so she doesn't see those albums!!"

Cue Twilight Zone music. Do do do do.....

It's really become a joke over there. I was replying but I've stopped now because there's just no way you can say anything that they can't twist into what they want to see. Now they're saying that even if he does sing some ATDW songs, that doesn't mean he is "supporting" the CD. So no matter what happens (and as far as I am concerned there is no way he's *not* going to sing them) they'll feel like they were right. ::rollseyes::

I really pity the mods over there.

You know, I guess technically if he sings mostly songs from ATDW it isn't in promotional support of the album because the "promotional cycle" (whatever that is!) for the album will have ended. Much like it had for MOAM when he did the NAT. Doesn't mean he doesn't like the album. Doesn't mean it won't help increase his fanbase either. It seems some over there think because they don't like ATDW no one will and any Not.Just.Us types who are at these concerts won't like it either, thus preventing him from expanding his fanbase.

Its their way or no way!

I used to feel kind of sorry for the Poddies, but lately I think some of them have gone totally over the edge. Before I thought they might be forgiven for being upset about things, given all the tabloid crap and so forth, but full-blown delusion has taken over for some.

I never do this, and one of the many mods can delete this if they want, but the only person I know to have been banned at the OFC was momo, and she is back again as Bets and getting more like her old self by the minute. She really is a jerk and I cannot believe how much harm she has done to Clay--his career, his fandom, in the name (or claim) of caring about him. Some of the Poddies sound so much like haters it's hard to tell the difference, and hater blogs is where some of their rumors come from to begin with. Recently groucho posted one of his ridiculous rumors over at TwoP, and a Poddie was spouting the same rumor at the OFC within a day. It boggles the mind.

Do you ever wonder how many people are no longer fans and are jsut hanging around so they can get in their "I hate this" kind of remarks? I do think we have been infiltrated by haters, seriously.

<snip>

Here is the thing, it is the same people posting the same stuff over and over and over in thread after thread after thread - it looks like it is a lot of people.... but it is not.

It is indeed just a few people who repeat themselves endlessly with lots of "clever" innuendo and endless snark, that's really just nastiness. I got caught up doing battle over there once upon a time, and still find myself wanted to sometimes when I'm there. I have a "rule" now that I post and then don't go back for hours, so as not to get caught up in endless exchanges. Because, as with groucho, some of those people have to have the last word, and they are always right, always, so there is no point in trying to engage in a logical discussion. It's unfortunate that in their crusade against Clive and RCA, they end up making the fandom such a downer, making Clay look like a helpless fool, and doing the work of the haters so often.

{{{{Hugs and good vibes to Muski's Kenny and to all the family as they struggle with this life change.}}}}}