#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

hey, bottle! I even waited to take the dog out for you to appear. (He's whimpering as I type...heh) Good to see you, though...

And Claygasm..this?

5. Everything I Do (I Do It For You)

Next???

6. Why Don't We Do It In the Road?

what.

hey, bottle! I even waited to take the dog out for you to appear. (He's whimpering as I type...heh) Good to see you, though...

And Claygasm..this?

Next???

what.

That must be one of the rockin' original songs from his Lost Album! summer07poster3ani.gif

Bottle! :hugs-1: As long as you're ok, we can wait for you to get in the posting mood again. We miss you!

And Claygasm..this?

Next???

what.

7. Everytime you go away

oh.my.god.

From a link on my Tyra Banks Google Alert...started out about Kat McPhee's 'these boobs are real' stint on Tyra's show, then on to Kellie Pickler's not so real boobs on AI last week, etc. It went on to talk about some of Kellie's background and her success,e tc...

Then...

Oh god...then...

At present, she is busy developing a sitcom starring herself as a naïve small-town Southern woman who discovers that her biological father is the state’s governor.

and Windtalker posted this on CH:

I just watched an Elvis conncert special on PBS. Lordy, Lordy, he was another one, in his day, with cheekbones that would cut glass. And he had a FULL ORCHESTRA back up with two sets of backup singers! It was great.

Hee! THE KING! used an ORCHESTRA???!?!??!?!?!

Well, I guess that makes sense since he wasn't really a rocker or anything. Couldn't be a rocker if used an orchestra, right?

Edited by muskifest

Oops, I walked dogs for over 3 hours today inthe freezing cold (actually no breeze so it was not too bad) and never got around to making dinner, sat on the couch with my neglected dog and fell asleep and, even after waking up at 8:30, did not get up until 10PM.

Welcome back from the almost dead, Couchie!

Muskie, I hope some perks come with your title. I remember when I opened an office letter and found I had been made a vice president, with no salary adjustment. It took me until just a few months ago to appreciate all the benefits that came with a title change - an extra weeks vacation came first, a slightly different calculation to my pension plan will pay out over time despite the fact that I only worked there 5 years, and finally additional stock options at a lower price that I cashed in just a few months ago for a surprise income for last year! I hope your new title puts you in a better place with perks. Doesthis mean you will become the FCA official event planner, should we actually have an event? Perhaps you can suggest how Clay sets up his concerts with your expertise!

I am a wait and see person, so I can't play the setlist game, not being crabby, just don't do it.

Bottlecap, cheer up, sometimes stuff gets you down, but you just have to go do something else for a while. Do you want to adopt a cute puppy - he has been adopted and returned once a week since I worked at the shelter. Just for you, my version of rocking Clay

horse20.gif or maybe universal--shopping_1937_496123662.gif

Ansa, you are talking about the queen pod, the center of podville, with the appropriate bow downs and constants thanks for the wisdom. Why do you think I get crazy from time to time. I cannot believe anyone listens to Q.

I don't go to podville anymore. It is too depressing seeing the pod pushers and the pod swallowers. I do believe some people will need therapy after this, they get so overwrought. Someone I used to like seems quite the victim in this and it is painful to watch their descent into pod dom. It was so bad, Fear even called me upset about one of their posts because it was quite delusional and somewhat incoherent. Poddom is now not only on a few small private boards, but larger boards, including one that I cannot bare to post on anymore because they are mostly pod 24/7, and I really, really like these posters, but I know I could not post without getting edited and I know I would be shouted down by the mass hysteria that seems to be there.

The origin of podville. I don't understand why fans have fans. I mean I like you all and all that, but I will not just take everything you say as THE WORD, I need logic and common sense in my discussion. I agree with people here, I disagree with people here and that is all good. But this fan celebrity drives me nuts. Ok, if some people post enough and post with enough authority, it seems they develop a following of 'yes' posters and that drives me nuts. Yeah, I still have some resentment of some one posting something very offensive, but being a star they were not edited and when I disagreed with them I was shouted down by the 'yes' posters who have to scramble to agree with the star without actually knowing any of the facts. I was particularly angry, because I saw the show in real time and the offensive declaration was on a comment taken out of context and was jumped on by other people who had not seen the show. <- gee, I guess it still bothers me..

Well off to the AI thread, later.

Edited by playbiller

Play just be proud you have a brain of your own. That you don't have to wait until after the first concert to make sure there are no ATDW which would allow you to breathe and enjoy or rant and scream through the entire tour making it misderable for everyone else. That you don't need to rationalize how a 42 peice orchestra fits in with your scenario of where Clay wants to be in the music world but can just go with it..

Clay's touring. It's all good. It's all that's important.

And Claygasm..this?

Next???

what.

That must be one of the rockin' original songs from his Lost Album! summer07poster3ani.gif

Wait........Clay wrote for the Beatles? :huh:

7. Everytime you go away

8. Run to me

I'm hoping he mixes them up a bit. :medium-smiley-070:

The origin of podville. I don't understand why fans have fans. I mean I like you all and all that, but I will not just take everything you say as THE WORD, I need logic and common sense in my discussion.

Absolutely! They can spin whatever conspiracy theories they want, but when they look at the facts that we know so far about this tour (2 venues with 42 piece orchestra, most recent Clay album is orchestrated) and somehow manage to come up with the scenario that he will be rocking out with his band on new songs instead, they are bordering on delusional. I mean, I don't know that the tour will be ATDW heavy, but logically, and hell, just using plain old common sense, tells me it most likely will be. If it isn't? No worries! Clay can sing the phone book to me and I'd be happy. I'm not invested in my vision of what I think the tour will be. That's the difference.....they are. If it doesn't turn out to be what they want, some say they will not attend (no problem there), and others will probably attend and live to bitch about it (and these are the ones that I wish would just move on).

Edited by luckiest1

I think I am really a very easy-going fan - the fandom really doesn't bother me all that much (I actually enjoy a bit of contention - especially when I'm right) because when a place stops being fun and I can't fix it, I shrug and wander off to a new place to have fun. Clay is just my perfect entertainer - I like 98% of what he does - old, new or strange. He's really unique in my experience because through I like a lot of entertainers, beyond the part of their art I like, I just don't care about them one way or another. Or their fans. Clay, all in all, seems to be doing pretty ding-dang well in the public portion of his life, which in my opinion, is all I need to know about. Period. And I consider 90% of his career to be private.

My only real expectations are to like him.

1. Here You Come Again

2. Right Here Waiting

3. Lonely No More

4. Because You Loved Me

7. Everytime you go away

8. Run to me

Can I help it if I like to organize things? Can we add another one? If so

9. Broken Wings

1. Here You Come Again

2. Right Here Waiting

3. Lonely No More

4. Because You Loved Me

7. Everytime you go away

8. Run to me

9. Broken Wings

OK time to rock out! :music:

10. A Thousand Days :rainbowsmile:

1. Here You Come Again

2. Right Here Waiting

3. Lonely No More

4. Because You Loved Me

7. Everytime you go away

8. Run to me

9. Broken Wings

10. A Thousand Days

11. Alone - I don't care that it's a cover we've already heard part of and it may not even fit in with this set list; it was one of my favorites from the JBT and I'd love to hear Clay wail on the complete song.

1. Here You Come Again

2. Right Here Waiting

3. Lonely No More

4. Because You Loved Me

7. Everytime you go away

8. Run to me

9. Broken Wings

10. A Thousand Days

11. Alone

And I think it's time to slow it down again...

12. I Will Carry You (the Oprah arrangement, with added strings)

Actually, thinking about this....I'm getting excited about the possibility of hearing a few of the MOAM songs with the orchestra behind him. IWCY (if he does as I've asked in this post, which of course he'll do, because he reads this board and likes me a LOT) will slay me. I think hearing ISY with a powerful orchestra behind it could be phenomenal. And MOAM itself, a song I've never been that fond of, could turn into an incredibly moving experience.

BTW, this set list is not turning out the way I imagined it at all. But it's fun to speculate, anyway. *g*

1. Here You Come Again

2. Right Here Waiting

3. Lonely No More

4. Because You Loved Me

7. Everytime you go away

8. Run to me

9. Broken Wings

10. A Thousand Days

11. Alone

Let's rock out again! <snerk

13. When You Say You Love Me

Theeeeennnnn

14. To Love Somebody. What?!? I LOVE him singing that song. Love. With a sick and perverted love.

14. To Love Somebody. What?!? I LOVE him singing that song. Love. With a sick and perverted love.

I loved that one too, KAndre! One of my favorites from AI.

1. Here You Come Again

2. Right Here Waiting

3. Lonely No More

4. Because You Loved Me

7. Everytime you go away

8. Run to me

9. Broken Wings

10. A Thousand Days

11. Alone

14. To Love Somebody.

And if we're being serious (at least to some degree), I need to add two songs to the set list.

15. When A Man Loves A Woman - I would kill to see him sing the whole thing!

and......

16. TOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someday before I die I NEED to hear him sing this!!!!!!

16. TOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someday before I die I NEED to hear him sing this!!!!!!

So you're planning to live forever then? ;)

[Bet you liked me better when I was on hiatus...]

Nah! Glad you're back! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

But see, I have a super seekrit plan! See, I am going to win the lottery and then offer Clay a million dollar donation to the BAF and to UNICEF if he will give a private, invited guests only concert and the ONLY requirement is he give a heartfelt performance of TOUCH!

I might even sweeten the pot by paying to have the concert filmed and recorded and then sell the DVDs/CDs with 100% of the proceeds also benefiting the BAF and UNICEF!

I can't believe he would turn down $2 million dollars and possibly more to his favorite charities just not to sing TOUCH!

Now, if only I can win that lottery!

I've always liked the word 'pragmatic'. Not optimisitic, not pessimistic---but accepting. I also see that pragmatic philosophy as more along the lines of ye olde' Serenity Prayer, which to me---certainly not a 'religious' person, per se--seems to be a wonderful way to live a life.

I always consider myself a realist...I follow the motto...hope for the best, prepare for the worse and expect something in between. When it comes to Clay...I can't say I have low expectations cos I will always expect something great from him...and really can't think of a time I didn't get that. But I am going into this with a ...whatever happens...happens attitude.

That's how I feel, too. I can't be a pessimist, because I do enjoy a little hope now and then. I don't want to believe the worst. However, I do like to take whatever happens with a little equanimity and perspective. It helps, I think, that Clay is really just an interest of mine, not my obsession or my world. I fear that too many in the fandom have become so Clay-centric that they can no longer distinguish between the reasonable and the absurd, between the reality of what Clay has actually stated and the fiction created in their own delusional minds.

Muskie, I hope some perks come with your title. I remember when I opened an office letter and found I had been made a vice president, with no salary adjustment. It took me until just a few months ago to appreciate all the benefits that came with a title change - an extra weeks vacation came first, a slightly different calculation to my pension plan will pay out over time despite the fact that I only worked there 5 years, and finally additional stock options at a lower price that I cashed in just a few months ago for a surprise income for last year!
Where I work, titles--for better and worse--can make a huge difference in what you get in terms of vacation, stocks, travel, expenses, equipment, furniture, party invites, HR training, etc. And the gap between Coordinator and Manager is a significant one, with coordinators treated as administrative staff and managers treated as executives, even if the duties were not dissimilar. Besides, every title advancement, even without a pay raise, looks good on a resume. Again, congratulations!

And the gap between Coordinator and Manager is a significant one, with coordinators treated as administrative staff and managers treated as executives, even if the duties were not dissimilar.
The cool thing is that ever since my boss came on board here (and his position was created) he's been championing me. He's told me that he appreciates the quality of work I do, money I save the org. etc. and that he's told the ED he hopes to get me more involved in higher-level things. He's already very amenable to my needing flexible hours re: kids and mother and whatnot...he knows about my Clay love (He says his wife is the same way about Dave Matthews---goes to concerts in far away cities and has gatherings with other DM fans!)...

So I feel very fortunate...he actually got me a bonus check before Holiday break last December! So... :allgood: So although I'm not really expecting any raise or anything anytime soon, I DO get the respect and appreciation for good work here, so it's a great work environment.

And I just got notification from Southwest Airlines that I've earned a free roundtrip...WooHa! There's one Clayventure covered! :rainbowsmile:

And now...I need to actually get to work so I don't blow this juicy gig.... :medium-smiley-070:

I guess everyone here is being good and actually working at work!!!

Now there's a concept!

But I am home now and for some reason I was watching this gif. Look at the top of Clay's head. His hair is definitely thin on top, folks!!!

lighter.gif

Speaking of hair, I have to go wash mine.....

Welcome back couchellina! Yay! Can't wait for our meetup on the 24th- is that still happening? In SF?

If Touch is the last song, could it be a sexy, grunty, soulful medley like:

Touch/ If You Don't Know Me By Now/and close with a killer Always and Forever!.

Love you guys! :allgood: The ticket madness will probably be in full force when I"m travelling, too. Oh well, thank God I've never been picky about seats. Just grab some and deal later. I have a Southwest credit , too- like for a flight from SF to LA. Hmmm. We will be out there in August.

Hugs! Let's h :F_05BL17blowkiss: :allgood: Hope the girls rock it on Idol tonite. Last nite was so pitiful.

1. Here You Come Again

2. Right Here Waiting

3. Lonely No More

4. Because You Loved Me

7. Everytime You Go Away

8. Run to Me

9. Broken Wings

10. A Thousand Days

11. Alone

14. To Love Somebody

15. When A Man Loves A Woman

16. TOUCH

I've got to add another one - I was just reminded of luckiest1's idea:

17. I Know How the River Feels (with full orchestration - can you imagine??) and this one has to be on the list:

18. Lover All Alone

Edited by jmh123

1. Here You Come Again

2. Right Here Waiting

3. Lonely No More

4. Because You Loved Me

7. Everytime You Go Away

8. Run to Me

9. Broken Wings

10. A Thousand Days

11. Alone

14. To Love Somebody

15. When A Man Loves A Woman

16. TOUCH

I've got to add another one - I was just reminded of luckiest1's idea:

17. I Know How the River Feels (with full orchestration - can you imagine??) and this one has to be on the list:

18. Lover All Alone

Great additions! And then the stage would go dark, and the screaming and clapping and pounding of feet would go on and on.........and then he'd come back and kill us all off with

19. If You Don't Know Me By Now

20. Invisible

Man, I love this set list! :hubbahubba: although I'm not sure I can even visualize #6! :medium-smiley-070:

Edited by luckiest1