#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

What? No news yet???

What is taking him so long?

Is he that complacent with his fans??

Doesn't he care about us??

Doesn't he know we are the only reason he is sitting in that 9000 square foot house in Raleigh???

Doesn't he know we should ALWAYS be the top priority in his life???

What excuse could he possibly have for not having told us all the tour dates by now???

Ooooo! Wait!!! I got it!! He's busy writing lots of kick-ass rock songs, learning to play a kick-ass rock guitar, and recording his super seekrit new kick-ass rock album which will be out in time to promote on the tour. summer07poster3ani.gif

The orchestras are just a deception, y'all!!

**Snark R Us is responsible for the content of the above post. It is no way meant to reflect the attitude or opinion of anyone here at FCA, living, dead or just feeling dead.**

They're cutting down a huge tree next door. All the saws and grinders are making my cat go nuts and is giving me a headace!!! :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

Edited by Claygasm

It was kind of a give away wasn't it, when Clay showed some piano lessons on the stage and Kelly displayed primative guitar playing.

I know it is hard to accept, but I am thinking that maybe Clay had more to say in this album than people give him credit for. I even think that he likes the concert like videos better than story ones - the man does not want to feed the illusions of fans (videos = his personal fan fic) or expose himself to video shipping, so maybe he decided no story videos, who is going to watch them anyway.

All I can say is that I think the Underground Toe Socks Resistance movement is in place and making small stealth attcks. I heard "Invisible" on the radio yesterday and again this afternoon on the muzak at the restaurant where we ate lunch. It's a sign I tell ya! Of what, I'm not exactly sure. But Team Clay told me to keep my eyes peeled, so I will.

eyeball.gifeyeball.gif

==========================================================

Couchie, georgiaclay and anyone else under the weather: getwell_3.gif

HELP!!!

I am trying to complete the new FCA website and I need to get some screencaps of the ATD and WY video's but I don;t even know where I can dl them...

any ideas? I can do with just the screencaps...I need something better than the WY taken from a TV show from the Philippines...

At least I have copies of the yahoo and walmart exclusives...sigh.

First,

DO NOT POST THIS IMAGE ON THE OFC. PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Bwahahaha!

Now that I have had a good laugh, I will adjust my sparkly Turban For Seeing The Future (okay, it is an old towel sprayed with glitter) and take a few gulps of my stash of Future Diviner Whine, no, wait, Wine (that's what it says on the box, right above the cute little plastic spigot thingy) and I will predict the future as pertains to the news that Clay is signing things:

- by the end of next week, Clay will need his own zip code, due to the volume of articles sent to him for signing

- by the end of next week, the Clay Aiken articles for sale category on ebay will have sextupled.

- "Why is Clay signing things for people when he should be recording a new rockin' CD?"

- "If Clay has all the free time, why doesn't he blog?????"

- "Shit! Why didn't I send him something to sign!"

- Hmmmm....now he will have some addresses to go with some names!

- Why is he just now doing this, when he could have hired someone to do it years ago?!

There's more, but I don't have enough Diviner Wine to get through them!

Really really really looking forward to the concerts - and quite frankly, my dears, I don't give a damn what he is gonna sing, I just love to watch him sing.

Psssst! Has anyone noticed if any of the usual up-front peeps are eschewing the next concerts because they don't like Clay's music? If so, tres' cool, because maybe I can sit closer. If I am allowed.

I take offense at the "why didn't I send something to Clay to be signed" comment, since I already saiod that here today. I think this is a reasonable thought and logical to boot.

Too late for too many of those predictions, thaey are all in the past already.

There is the moaning for the lack of Canadian stops, even though we do not know the path and it is known that frequently Clique does not use the correct language to descrie something,so I would not assume no Canadian stops.

This does not except an international tour.

Someone on that Clay board brought up something interesting that I had not heard before - you know how Korea just got to see AI5 Finale with thread (and Bloomington is preparing to accept new member in the fan club). In that thread it was revealed that when AI5 was shown in Austraila, they cut out the Clay part - only the Clay part. Now the logical reason is that his records are not for sale there and he is not known and it was a chance to run another advertisement, where everyone else was known to some extent - but there were some immediate comments about TPTB. Now all other countires that got to see AI6 finale did get to see CLay - so what do you think that means? Is it that the erasure of Clay's career is really starting in Austrailia = the center of pop world?

ETA - corrected because Ansa is unmerciful.

Edited by playbiller

Hee...well since AI6 finale hasn;t happened yet ...I guess its hard to tell...heh

:medium-smiley-070:

seriously...I don't think it really means much except that Australia needed more time for the broadcast. So does that mean they never showed that whole segment? Cos you can't show that without showing Clay. So did they just give Sandecki the prize..get him tostart signing them cut to commercial...thats pretty dumb. So I think it would mean a big chunk was taken away.

I think AI has been doing that when its shown overseas. they cut in things that would be of local interest like in the recent auditions...they showed the brit who auditioned in England but not here in the north America.

playbiller, only a couple of those predictions were filed under "whines" - it was more a stream-of-consciousness list.

zip code and ebay not whines.

And I wish I had sent something too. No need to take offense.

Bear in mind that this board is the only one where I read the main thread.

But I will try and be more timely.

Edited by djs111

Oh, DJS - I always take offense - go back and read my edited post where I took affense and action against yet another mod here - by the way if you have not read all the posts here , you would not know that there are now more mods posting than non-mods.

Since I have been trapped at home by the tree cutters, I decided to listen to ATDW - the itunes version (plus IYDKMBN), not my edited version - for the first time in MONTHS!. I found the songs I really didn't like such as RHW (sorry luckiest!) aren't nearly as annoying as I remember! Maybe its a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Anyway in addition to the love affair I have been having all along with BW, LAA and IYDKMBN, I have discovered I am also madly, passionately in love with TOA! I always liked it, but now I want to kidnap it and take it away with me to my desert island. LOVE IT! I feel like its the forgotten song on this album (which means he'll probably never sing it in concert, much like my beloved "Touch"...). No one ever seems to mention it. But its such a great song. The lyrics are amazing and so Clay. There is an important message in that song. One could even interpret it as spiritual. And Clay could almost rock out on it - or at least pop rock out on it! I think he would just kill in concert on that song.

I love TOA. My poor forgotten song. LOVE IT!

Please Clay! Sing to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in concert and I may forgive you for never singing "Touch"!

Edited by Claygasm

Hee. I'm watching American Idol Rewind for Season One, which has just starting showing the Final 10 performances. It's just off, somehow - I think the judges hadn't quite settled into their boxes, and their comments aren't so Shift F10 as they are now . Simon just told Guarini that Justin Timberlake was the current hot American singer, but that Timberlake should watch out for him. A horrible movie, a delayed CD release with an awful song about thighs, and a brutal kicking to the curb later, I think we all know how that worked out for poor Guarini. I think your crystal ball was a bit cloudy on that one, Simon...

MODZ RULE!!!

Yup I think Simon will end up hating American Idol Rewind...all his short sightedness will be seen....

Mind you...I often to agree with him. But he really can;t see the diamonds in the rough like Kelly, Clay and Jennifer...he likes to look for the obvious.

Hi! Well, we're back home. Which means we didn't make it to the championship game, which is tommorrow. (We would've stayed in a hotel there overnight.) All the games this weekend were between all the winners of last weekend's games. So it was 'single elimination': Lose a game, go home. We won the first game, 5-2, but the second game we lost 5-2. The girls were really shaken..They'd only lost one game in the last 21 they'd played during the season and throughout the tournament!

Hi! Well, we're back home. Which means we didn't make it to the championship game, which is tommorrow. (We would've stayed in a hotel there overnight.) All the games this weekend were between all the winners of last weekend's games. So it was 'single elimination': Lose a game, go home. We won the first game, 5-2, but the second game we lost 5-2. The girls were really shaken..They'd only lost one game in the last 21 they'd played during the season and throughout the tournament!

But they got medals as semifinalists...very cool.

So, no new dates leaked out yet?

Oh well, Clay's probably to busy signing all the past due pictures so his fans don't go ClayAikenFan on his ass.

Ansa, I think Simon is so busy looking for "the look" that he offen misses "the hook". When I was still watching AI, I agreed with his critique's a lot of the time, but now to me, he seems so shallow. He seems to dismiss someone if they "don't look like a pop star"

Muski, sorry to hear that Alex's team lost. A loss comes especially hard when a team gets so used to winning, but they sure had a great record.

I found the songs I really didn't like such as RHW (sorry luckiest!) aren't nearly as annoying as I remember! Maybe its a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder?

No problem, I continue to enjoy it just as much as I always did, regardless of how others feel about it. :allgood:

And now I am off to get my oil changed and my headlight fixed, iPod at the ready. :medium-smiley-070:

Edited by luckiest1

Still pretty excited about this concert tour...trying to figure out how he will start the show. What the opening number will be. How will he end it? I hear that the band will still be there with the orchestra and that Felix will be doing the drums.

I have heard that the poddies are now predicting that the orchestras are just the opening number and that Clay will only sing one or two songs from ATDW and the last half will all be new rocking songs.

Well...I basically have no problem with new rocking songs in the concert but I just wonder at the logic of having a 42 piece orcestra play two songs...and act as opening act. The opening act always sets the trend of the show. If Clay wants to show his rocker self WHY start with an orchestra?...just very weird scenario for me.

I guess a friend of mine wondered...what will the poddies do if all their prediction is wrong? If the bulk of the concert IS ATDW...if there are no new songs...If Clay does not come out with a new CD till late 2008/early 2009....will they now turn on Clay? Will they give up their first row tickets? Will they quietly turn to Daughtry fans...or will they continue to hold on and "fight the good fight" for Clay to find his TRUE nature...

I guess to me it makes so much more sense to simply enjoy what comes...whatever that may be. Ultimately, the path Clay is goign to take is really only up to him...so I follow his lead. He hasn't disappointed me so far.

On a Sunday morning that feels like spring after a hellish week, all I can do is read ansa's post ^^^^^^^^^^ on letting it unfold as it should according to Clay and come up with an "AMEN and can I get a witness! Hallelujah, all!"

Hubby comes home tonite. I can't wait to hear all of his stories.. he even compiled a list of "the birds of Iraq" for me and there are lots of them!

So thrilled about a tour, of course it's gonna be ATDW using the orchestra and band mixed in with whatever he wants to throw in. BF will not disappoint.

And that FCA get together? I have cancelled ticket credits to use... I am there!

Couch, sending you white light and healing and prayers.

:allgood:

Let me echo Diva's Amen and Hallelujah on Ansa's post!

The poddies thinking he will only do one or two songs from ATDW and the rest rocking new songs? That's called wishful thinking or total delusion. It would make no sense.

Oh, I forgot. Clay hates this album and is done with it because he hasn't even mentioned it since November. :rolleyes:

Since Clay and I haven't discussed it, I have no idea what Clay is planning on singing. I bet even he hasn't come up with the exact set list yet! But if I had to guess, my guess would be he'll do mostly songs from ATDW, possibly one or two from MOAM (speaking of delusional, I am still holding out hope for "Touch"! What? It's a love song!), and maybe a few news songs - songs we haven't heard him sing before (and <gasp> they may be covers!). I predict some of them may be uptempo pop songs and some will be ballads and some will be green-eyed soul. I also predict he will not be whipping out his electric guitar and rocking out.

People poo-pooed the JBT when we first heard about it. I admit - I was one of them **hangs head in shame** and that turned out to be one of the best tours EVAH! The only concert tour he ever did I didn't particularly like was the JNT05, but even that was that bad! I thought last year's Christmas tour was going to be a snooze fest and it wasn't and that was just Clay and the orchestra!

Put Clay on a stage and good times are sure to follow. He is a masterful performer. He will sing and how bad can that be? It will be fun - and if the poddies don't want to go see him sing songs from ATDW, fine. More good seats for the rest of us!

Since it is Sunday and such, I'll add my "Amen!!" to Ansa's post as well. Cue the Gospel Choir!!!!

:andthetruth:

:28: :28: :28: :28: :28:

I've wondered her question as well....if this tour turns out to be heavily ATDW based, then what? How will some reconcile that fact? I also simply hate the notion that if I believe that the tour will be ATDW, that I'm simply delusional. OK....let's just suppose that it will be a rockin' tour, with very little from ATDW in the show. My reaction?

Cool. Can't wait. I'll be there with bells and whistles on. (Or maybe that should be deelyboppers....)

If the tour IS ATDW heavy, my reaction will be...

Cool. Can't wait. I'll be there with bells and whistles on.

I just want to hear the man sing, and see him be the charming man that he is.

I've been thinking that the Christmas tour this past year was a "trial run" for the upcoming tour. It gave Clay a real feel for working with different orchestras, what the logistics would be like, etc. He also worked up his "comedy routine" during the tour as well.

I guess I just see this tour as an extension of the Christmas tour, except the music will be different (and in most cases, stuff we've never heard live before, probably). Clay will still be charming, witty, and cute as a bug in a rug. Just because he's not doing Christmas music though, that seems to change everything.

Finally, my last ponderance. There are some saying "I don't like this album, I think I'll skip this tour." That's all well and good. But...when the clack comes in, will they be able to stay away? Clack's sold tickets in the past, I think it will again.

JMO, YMMV, yadda, yadda, yadda....

I think I'll jump in on the amen to Ansa's post. I think some fans, maybe it's the poddies, suffer from selective memory disorder. When I think of Clay and orchestras, my mind goes back to him recording "Proud of Your Boy". He was really excited about recording that song with the orchestra. It wouldn's surprise me if he decided right then that he'd like to have an orchestra accompany him on his next album. I think there is overwelming evidence that the guy likes to sing big songs that build to a vocal climax (I'm really not so sure about that I just put it in for Muski).

I guess part of being a fan is speculating, it's fun, we all do it to a degree. I do think some fans set themselves up for disappointment because there is no logic to their speculation. Then, when things don't go as they speculated, they look for someone to blame, Clay, Clive, RCA.

Clay sings these songs beautifully, why wouldn't he sing them in concert? Maybe he won't sing them all, but I believe most of the concert will be songs from ATDW. I think he will add a couple of uptempo songs, and a few favorites from MOAM.

Others have said this and I agree, I have never been disappointed in a Clay Aiken concert, NEVER.

You know what..I don't give a fig what Clay sings on this tour. But from what we do know there will be an orchestra at both the sites listed. Logic tells me that Clay is too fucking cheap to bring out an orchestra as a way of doing a choir robe/when doves cry GOTCHA and that only works on the first tour date anyway. I expect Clay to sing some songs we haven't heard before. That's just what he does and he'll need to do it to mix in some more uptempo songs with ATDW. But he can't redo his 2005 tour with a bunch of MoaM songs. He can't. So unless it's another theme show like JBT or we get an annoucement of a new album like, today or tomorrow, I expect to hear some ATDW. But even my expectations are willing to be overruled by whatever Clay has in store. I just want to hear him sing. At least he's not hitting the road with a backing track. I think he found a formula that worked for him with the Xmas shows so he said why not. Bet it's cheaper than driving busses all over the place.

Ansa how do we know Felix will be with Clay. I do hope to see some backups so Clay doesn't have to carry the entire load.

I hope both Quiana and Angela are on the tour with him on this tour. It would just be weird without them. I also hope he also gets a male back-up singer because I think it sounds better when he has one.

On the first JNT he had members of his band as well as the orchestras. I think that is how this will be set up. Most of the ATDW songs have orchestral arrangements mixed in with some pop sounds, so that would seem to make sense. Its too expensive t o move an entire orchestra with you, so he would use the local orchestras mixed in with some of his band and back-up singers.

I love to speculate about what Clay will sing - but within the realm of logic (except for my continued delusion he will sing "Touch"!). If he's singing, as long as its not all CCM, I will be there.

But while we're speculating, what about the two most important issues? HAIR and PANTS!!!

Will some people skip the tour - yes, I believe they will. That will show Clive, won't it?

I honestly loved JNT 05. I did not mind reports of people not being happy, until I heard the reports of how they loved it until they reported on the boards. Excuse me, thinking back, you decided to hate it? I especially want to thank someone who dug up a report of someone gushing the night they got back and then dissing it later, taht was pretty amusing. I think the bad mouthing did hurt the JNT05 tour in the begining, it really discouraged people from making long drives, etc to see it. Don't get me wrong, I know people who loved the first part, hated the second and the reverse and some who didn't like any of it and I am fine with that. I just found there are some fans who fall into the too cool to like stuff, much as we accuse the rest of society and critics. Yes, there are people who do bow down to peer pressure in the fandom - so frickin' cool.

I think because Clay can sing anything, some of his fans want him to sing just what they want (put him in a box anyone?).

sepia-picture-emoticon.gifor missing-emoticon.gif

I want to see the man unfold. He said he likes Andy Williams Chirstmas shows and Bing Crosby, so that sort of set parameters for me on my expectations, but he still surprises me a lot. He also said he wanted to tour each Christmas and so far he has. he is a man of his word, even if some people don't like that word. I think the Christmas tour gets him in a place to deal with his career, I think he really is a person who needs that religious grounding, I can respect that even though he does not believe people like me exist (religiously speaking).

I just say - Let Clay be Clay, I am just along for the ride.

Heh, on a board the rest of you don't go to, I replied to someone who was reading the delayed autograph stories and then went on a bit about Clay having so much time, why doesn't he just record another album. I asked them how well that they knew him that they knew he wasn't - then fill in a lot of stuff Clay might be doing - like geting shots for his trip and studying the language, reading scripts or auditioning for his talk show, etc. For some people, it literally is just wat they see and if they don't see him performing, they assume he is doing nothing. It must have been a very young person.