#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

I always forget something....

couchie, hope you're feeling better. And diva, hope your husband makes it home safe and sound. "Birds of Iraq," eh?

What song will Clay open with? I think he'll start with RHW (YAY for luckiest1 and atinal, sorry to muski and CG). I think the final show of the actual show will be ATD. Two options for the finale: if he wants to do a quiet, contemplative ending, I think that's when he'll pull out LAA. If he wants to do the big ending (a la Solitaire during the NAT), I think WY will be the final song.

Just my speculations. I like speculations too...but I also don't tie all my horses to them either.

Hair? He'll have some.

Pants? He'll wear some. (DAMN....)

*g*

I think the Christmas tour gets him in a place to deal with his career, I think he really is a person who needs that religious grounding

ITA...I've always said that the Christmas tours recharge his batteries, spirituality-wise.

I am just along for the ride.

Everyone make note of the time, playbiller just smutted.

I want to see the man unfold.

And then there's this.... [must not smut on a Sunday...must not smut on a Sunday...]

Whatever Clay decides to do on the tour, I bet it will be beyond anything we can come up with in our fevered imaginations. I'm thinking back to the pre-JBT angst - somewhere beforeforehand it got described as "America" and there was weeping and gnashing of teeth. I remember seeing the JBT rehearsal footage on Access Hollywood (white suit, doing the spinning and kicking thing) and thinking "WTF?! This is going to be squeeze cheez on a stale saltine." And I also remember seeing the first picture of Clay standing on the piano from opening night. I don't think my heart has recovered from the shock of that yet. And I sure never thought the 2006 Christmas Show would turn into a side-splitting comedy act.

I may have mentioned once or twice that I reeeeeealllllyyyy neeeeeed to hear "Broken Wings" live in some format, and lack of that being included is the only thing I think might greatly disappoint me .

bird_flying.gif

I want to see the man unfold.
hey, more smut from playbiller

Felix? Did I tell you my Felix story? If so, scroll time ahead..

My hubby called me from work one day and said that he'd met up with someone he went to school with...hadn't seen her in a long time. Somehow in there conversation it came up (heh) that I rather cotton to that guy, Clay Aiken. Then she said that Felix was a good friend of hers!

So I told Kenny the story of Felix and his "City of Vermont" gaffe---the whole thing---Felix's faux evangelical rant and rave in the choir robe...and how Angela, Quiana and Jacob were cracking up in THEIR robes and then how Clay couldn't compose himself and had to do his entrance twice...etc.

He told the friend and said she had a laugh fit and said she couldn't wait to razz Felix about it!

:cryingwlaughter:

Another funny story. (shutup) I was telling Alex how worn out Kenny would be when we got back home last night from the soccer stuff. He'd been working really hard on the softball league's master schedule for this season...staying up really late doing spreadsheets, exchanging emails with various coaches and neighboring leagues, etc. Alex said "Why does HE have to do all that?" I said that although I wasn't sure how all the duties were divided among the board (He's president of the softball league.), I'd lay money that he WANTED to do all of it. That he really, really LOVED all the time and effort he puts into it. Then I said, "The softball and soccer stuff Dad does is sort of like CLay is to me."

Alex looked at me with an open mouth and said, "He likes it THAT much?" (heh)

So...I told Kenny all this. He just said, 'Yep...that's exactly right."

This morning he got a phone call and I could tell it was somebody talking about some softball scheduling stuff, so when he hung up I said, " You doing your Clay stuff?"

He cracked up and nodded while he cracked up...and then he gave me a big hug.

:big hug:

Now...wake up, FCA...I promise I'll shut up now. :unsure::sickyet:

Lazy day today at Casa Muski. And an FCA Fest? Oh, yeah....I'll be there... :medium-smiley-070:

This year's concert? Yes, please. :hubbahubba:

I may have mentioned once or twice that I reeeeeealllllyyyy neeeeeed to hear "Broken Wings" live in some format, and lack of that being included is the only thing I think might greatly disappoint me .

bird_flying.gif

I agree. I so hope he can find a way to include it and I hope he can find a way to do it close to how it is done on the album. I NEED to hear "I need you so" live! That one line slays me everytime!

I would also be disappointed if he didn't include LAA - just him, a piano and a cello.

I can't wait for the schedule to come out so I can see how many concerts I can justify considering my employment situation. I also hope we actually can find a place for an FCA pow-wow. I can't wait for the fun of the cellcerts and the influx of clack.

Hmmmm. Now just how am I going afford to go to concerts and buy an external hard drive for all the clack when I may be unemployed????

Per his myspace, Felix is currently playing for Taylor Hicks, whose current tour is scheduled to go through 5/3. If that's it, it certainly looks like Felix could be available to tour with Clay. I like the idea of Clay's regular crew getting back together to go on the road again, but I guess we'll have to wait and see who gets included.

eta: I was watching a youtube of Clay's Wildcard performance that was posted at CV, and spotted a tooth lick while he was listening to the judges' comments. So I guess he was doing that even before he got the new teefies.

Oh, yeah....the man's ALWAYS had an oral fixation, for sure....It was one of the first things I ever noticed about him---that mobile mouth and tongue...the way he was always DOING something with his mouth, lips...tongue....(right, CG?) I mean, OBSESSED is the right word to describe me about that man's mouth in the early days of our love affair.

Of course, I've calmed down since then...and have been able to dilute that obsession with his mouth by spreading it out over more of Clay's body parts, so :allgood:

Oh, yeah....the man's ALWAYS had an oral fixation, for sure....It was one of the first things I ever noticed about him---that mobile mouth and tongue...the way he was always DOING something with his mouth, lips...tongue....(right, CG?) I mean, OBSESSED is the right word to describe me about that man's mouth in the early days of our love affair.

Of course, I've calmed down since then...and have been able to dilute that obsession with his mouth by spreading it out over more of Clay's body parts, so :allgood:

You? Obsessed with Clay's mouth? Nah! Never! ( :lies: )

OK, so you may have been a tad obsessed with his mouth back then.

But as you said, you've moved on, or should I say down.... B)

txflwrgirl Unfortunately, I'm one of the minority around here---not a mod...heh. :medium-smiley-070:

I have no idea how to fix your problems with the website...but I hope one of our fairy godmothers out there in cyberland does!

Thanks Muski! I have no idea what's going on, but when I try to go to the last page I get the first page!!!!

I know I don't post often, but I love reading all the posts and come here almost every day. This is my favorite place to keep up with what's happening. Mostly you guys just keep me laughing. Love it!

Thanks guys for looking. I logged out and just logged back in, but it's still the same. I'm just getting a list of all the posts and after I click on the last one, then it goes back to the beginning post.

Hopefully someone will figure out what's happening cause I don't have a clue......as usual. heehee

Clay must perform Broken Wings. And Here You Come Again. And Lover All Alone. Oh, heck, the whole album. He's got time, right?

New songs are all loaded up for a new week at Rose Radio. Tune in Monday at 11:00 am (Pacific time) to hear the new additions to the playlist. Some of the artists represented are Camile Velasco, Elliott Yamin, Harry Chapin, Jessica Sierra, Ray Charles and Vonzell Solomon.

I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep the station as there were new royalty rates mandated and they are a lot more. If it goes forward, it is going to stop a lot of hobby stations like mine. So, listen while you can!

The poddies thinking he will only do one or two songs from ATDW and the rest rocking new songs? That's called wishful thinking or total delusion. It would make no sense.

Yeah, I spent some time over at the OFC on the weekend, and it will just make your head spin. Looking at the thing logically, I just don't see why he'd hire an orchestra unless he, you know, planned to sing with them for the whole concert, or at least the majority of it. And since his latest album just happens to be orchestrated.....well, I draw a fairly obvious conclusion. If he is planning to unveil new, rocking songs instead, then logically, they must also be heavily orchestrated, else why bring in the orchestra? Now, I'm not saying an orchestra can't rock, but........I think they're grasping at straws.

Since Clay and I haven't discussed it, I have no idea what Clay is planning on singing. I bet even he hasn't come up with the exact set list yet! But if I had to guess, my guess would be he'll do mostly songs from ATDW, possibly one or two from MOAM <snip>, and maybe a few news songs - songs we haven't heard him sing before (and <gasp> they may be covers!). I predict some of them may be uptempo pop songs and some will be ballads and some will be green-eyed soul. I also predict he will not be whipping out his electric guitar and rocking out.

Hee, I'm with ya on this whole paragraph!

Put Clay on a stage and good times are sure to follow. He is a masterful performer. He will sing and how bad can that be? It will be fun - and if the poddies don't want to go see him sing songs from ATDW, fine. More good seats for the rest of us!

I wish it were that easy. I've only read one person so far who says that they will not attend the tour if it is in support of ATDW. Unfortunately, I expect that the usual suspects will buy up all the good seats, and then come back and spread their disappointment across the boards. But it won't stop them from attending.

Me, I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. I have no expectations, I am just thrilled that we are going to have a summer of Clay. Now bring on more venue announcements!

For me....it's waking up at 4:00 a.m., thinking of all the things that need to be done at work, and not being able to get back to sleep after that point. Yes, I'm whining.

One of the things that hit me last night is that the ticket sales for the two shows announced so far are April 2. Gulp....possible bad day for me, as I'm running a conference the next day. I may have to rely on the "kindness of strangers" to get tickets. (Well, you guys aren't strangers, per se....but you know what I mean)....

I'm just looking forward to the shows, I cannot wait to see Clay be all cute and funny and stuff.

Well, there's your mistake - you go to the OFC message board. The center of poddie living.

I went there and there was the most insulting message from a fan, so I asked them if manners was not neccessary on a message board and if she would like me to go to her place of business and and say claim all kinds of nasty things that she kinds of said about them.

With all these high powered execturive people giving Clay advice, how do they keep their jobs? Am I among the very few who actually paid attention to the atmostphere of the corportate ennvironment?

I feel like I am posting with a bunch of kids in junior high, all rumor and bravada and very little practical business knowledge. The reason I tried to avoid a "real" job and had my own company for most of my life was to avoid the polictal sensitivities of corporations. I only took a job when my Mother became ill and I could not get a consulting position near her house (actually I got one in the world trade center, 84th floor in Feb 2001 and turned it down to take this real job and be close to her). Of course, the other reason not to take a job is the people always wanted to drag me along with them to the top, taking me out of the technical jobs I was so good in and pushing me in to pure management roles, which was no so much fun and full of political intrigue. I think people wanted me with them so they would have someone they could trust - yes, trust not to bad mouth (at least where they would hear it again) and trust to try and do what they asked to be done, not what I wanted to do, although I would give them my opinion when I disagreed. The stopping point was, I would not do anything illegal, period and, yes, people do ask you to violate contracts and screw clients or falsify credit and debit statements for before bank audits. I would refuse and document the request.

When it comes to the music or the publishing business, I have worked a little in those fields in the programming room years ago and knew about the double books and flexible programs (not mine!).

In publishing, I worked on a royalty system, for a while, and was well aware of the law suits by authors ( did not go to court to testify, but it was very, very close) and the fine line people walked in those relationships. As to the music business, I know something about the royalty end and managing clients - how some people squeeze and cheat and am glad that Clay immediately got excellent representation, because that is the protection you need. I feel other idols may have signed too quickly and not be reaping quite what people think. Even without this little knowledge, I am amazed with the naivete of some posters, assuming changing a label is like a clerk changing jobs - you work at A, you quit and then you start your new job at B. They totally ignorethe complexities of contracts and the parting limitiations that they require of artists. Contracts with artists are not like contracts with plumbers, and look at how many problems people have with them! I guess what really shocks me is the people who claim some knowledge of the arts, following this path of illogic.

Enough seriousness - I will firmly deny smutting and will smite anyone who acuses me of such again - smut, smite, what is a few vowels between friends.

he will not be whipping out his

NO! Don't you DARE say it! I refuse to believe that he won't... :liarpantsonfire:

Because I swear...I mean it...if he DOESN"T whip it out at this concert, you won't see ME paying good money to go. :onsoapbox: Ha! Waste my money to go to hear Clay sing if he's not going to whip it out? :ruserious:

What the hell would I do that for? Next thing you're gonna tell me is that he's not going to sing his newest heavy metal jam or play the newest electric instrument he's mastered since the last concert...

Puh. Leeze. :what_d_fuck:

Yeah...like THAT would ever happen. :hahaha:

The man was BORN with a freakin' guitar in his hands, for cryin' out loud!

Keep on rockin', dude. :em0200:

OK, I went to see at the OFC - all I can say is Idiots - an poor moods trying to tread water with the rudest posters ever.

I support banning people more easily, taht place can be a cesspool in the most innocent thread titles.

Edited by playbiller

he will not be whipping out his

NO! Don't you DARE say it! I refuse to believe that he won't... :liarpantsonfire:

Because I swear...I mean it...if he DOESN"T whip it out at this concert, you won't see ME paying good money to go. :onsoapbox: Ha! Waste my money to go to hear Clay sing if he's not going to whip it out? :ruserious:

What the hell would I do that for? Next thing you're gonna tell me is that he's not going to sing his newest heavy metal jam or play the newest electric instrument he's mastered since the last concert...

Puh. Leeze. :what_d_fuck:

Yeah...like THAT would ever happen. :hahaha:

The man was BORN with a freakin' guitar in his hands, for cryin' out loud!

Keep on rockin', dude. :em0200:

BWAH!!! summer07poster3ani.gif

It is really slow in here today, so I ventured into the OFC. Scary place that.

NOOOOO

Please don;t make me go in there!!!

The funny thing about OFC...people act in ways they wouldn;t do in their own backyard. I know I felt quite freer telling someone off in there when I know I won't be able to do that in the usual places.

ITs almost like people are deliberately acting out to get someone's attention. It does not matter if its negative or positive as long as its some attention. Pretty pathetic if you ask me...

so what are they saying??? whats the new poddie theories and claims...I enjoy debunking stuff without having to deal with rudeness...

I swear, I should not have posted there, I have to stick around and post again as people keep twisting my words. I find them rude and I called them on it. I fully intend to tell them what I think of them since they have no porblem with rudeness.

It is ridiculous, the posts are just geting stupider and stupider.

Edited by playbiller

I swear, I should not have posted there, I have to stick around and post again as people keep twisting my words. I find them rude and I called them on it. I fully intend to tell them what I think of them since they have no porblem with rudeness.

It is ridiculous, the posts are just geting stupider and stupider.

How so???