#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Buzzie and SkateJoy -- thank you so much for the beautiful pictures. I was so glad I got to see both of you again.

Buzzie -- thanks too for the picture of Daniel. I think he is a great bass player, and love watching his reactions to some of the silly things Clay does!

Less than a week until I get to see Clay again. Plus there is a Brian Wilson concert for me in the middle of the week. This is going to be a LONG week!

Buzzie beat me to it....

I finished my pics.  I had a new camera with me, so I was learning as the concert went along.....

Here are some favs...

He’s so pretty

Pretty proud of himself

Beads of sweat on Solitaire

For drummer fans

Having the time of his life

I can’t make you light me

What you say?

And the...

Full album

Great pictures, guys!  buzztechie, I got a little distracted by your U2 photos.  One day, Clay will fill stadiums....  Skatejoy, no pictures of Clay's security detail this time around?  I wonder why. [coughNoJeromecough]  I thought Derek was the cutest drummer ever, but your picture of Felix is making me reconsider.  I'll get a chance to compare tomorrow when I go see Kelly's concert.

So I was reading out the check-in posts yesterday, and decided I needed to do a little follow-up with carol1957bikes, who commented she had won the meeting with Clay at GMA through the Womans Day magazine contest.  With her permission, I am posting her comments and some of her pictures.  Let her know what you think.

carol1957bikes' e-mail to me:

I am pretty bad at using my computer so Ill give you my story of meeting the beautifull CLAY AIKEN !!! I live in Arizona(Im actualy from Britain,been here 22 years) Womans Day Magazine flew my husband and I to New York to make my dream of meeting Clay come true.I wont give you all the extras it will be in the magazine,just the important bit,Clay. I got to watch the sound check,we had press passes.then got to see the GMA concert,When he was half way through Invisible a GMA staff member took us back stage.Clay did a meet and greet with some other wonderful fans while I was held to the side.I was so nervous and excited as he finally made his way over to ME !!! He gave me a big hug (he smelled so good ) I know he was talking to me but I just cant remember what he said,I couldnt stop looking at him!!!I must have told him my name because he signed a picture I had with me and he put to Carol !!! A GMA photographer took the official picture for womans day,but I have lots of pictures that were taken with my camera by the asistant editor.I held on real tight for the pictures !! he was wonderful.really patient trying to put me at ease (not a hope) I spent about 15 mins with him,he held my hand while talking to me,I just wish I new What he was saying,I couldnt get passed the green eyes,yummy!!!!!!!! I have been on cloud nine ever since.

I put Carol's pictures in an album, which I hope works! Please don't post these photos elsewhere without Carol's permission.

Carol's GMA Photos

Carol, just click on the ADD REPLY button and type away. When you are done click on ADD REPLY once again and it will post.

I got caught up in the concert and the surprise of When a Man Loves a Woman and missed Dateline. If anybody taped it that can cap it for us I would appreciate it.

Skate and Buzzie...WOW, wonderful pictures as always. In fact I think I"ll go look at them again! I'm totally amazed at the talent -- I swear you all do a better job than the so-called professionals. And I think that's because you are capturing him in his element - on that stage. He has so much life!

Meadville FCA concert page

This page is nowhere ready but it does have Deborah's WHEN A MAN LOVES A WOMAN mp3... scroll down to the middle of the page!!

Thanks to Deborah760 and the CH.

Video by ClayPhil is also now up.

Deborah760 captured the entire concert. Set 1 is up on the above linked page...I'm going to bed...will link part 2 in the morning.

I went to see Kelly Clarkson last, and it's definitely not just Clay's fans that consider the slow songs as the perfect time to proclaim their undying devotion. Of course, in Kelly's case, it's mostly male voices that are doing that. The newscast said the show was sold out, so yeah for us in Toledo again. I hope the sell outs for both Clay and Kelly mean that Toledo gets more readily included as a stop for future tours by other current artists. coughBoBicesolotourcough

I should have Merrillville's Stump the Band video up in about 15 minutes. I really don't think Clay will ever sing Touch. I think it was a fight and a battle that he lost during MoaM....maybe not over just a song but a direction. Or maybe he just hates it. I know it's my least favorite song on Measure of a Man. If he ever sings it I'll be shocked. For now, I hope the signs stop and people just ask for something else. I don't think he's giving in on this one. But it sure is fun to watch it play out. I think if everybody in the house raised a sign for Touch, he'd say it wasn't all in red ink or something. Anyway the whole clip is hysterical to me. I'll post the link when it's up.

Merrillville FCA concert Page

I put the video up on this page.

Singer Clay Aiken selling L.A. home, moving back to Raleigh

The Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Crooner Clay Aiken is selling his Los Angeles-area home to return to his North Carolina hometown.

The Raleigh native declined to tell The News & Observer of Raleigh exactly where he's building his new home.

"Whether this ride lasts for one year or 10 years, I want to have a home base," said Aiken, 26.

The pop star who soared to fame as a runner-up on the TV series "American Idol" in 2003 has rarely been at the Mediterranean-style, six-bedroom home he bought new last fall for $2.3 million, The Los Angeles Times reported.

The 7,800-square-foot home was new when the singer bought it and rests on more than an acre in a private, rural area of the San Fernando Valley that is zoned to allow horses, the Times said. The house has 6 1/2 bathrooms, a pool, a spa, a gazebo and a sports court.

Aiken listed the house in March for $2.5 million and expects to close escrow next month, the Times reported.

Aiken's mother, Faye Parker, decorated his California home with North Carolina furniture. The work won't go to waste despite the move, he said.

"All the stuff, curtains, fabrics and whatever else is coming, too," Aiken said.

---

This story has been picked up every fricking where. 13 pages on Google.

In less than sixty hours, I will be heading to see my boyfriend and all my hoochie friends who love him too! He is such a playa!

I really, REALLY, REALLY want him to close with "Always and Forever" on September 1st in Atlantic City. It would be so KEWL! And would sound good too!

Hey, would one of you hoochies - I mean one of you fine, upstanding, highly intelligent women who are going to the east coast this weekend ask Mr. Aiken where my website merchandise is? It's been three and a half weeks today, and it is apparently still not shipped. At this rate, it'll arrive in time for the end of the Christmas tour.

Happy travels, y'all. Bring us back good Clack.

I'll be in the second row with my super zoom lens. We should be able to do an analysis of each of his freckles and nose hairs.

I'm not giving Clay backtalk on your merchandise. You've seen the way he scolds people.

thinks

On the other hand, what did you say was in your order.

Off to check on the bling and hoochie outfits. Must look good for Miss KAndre.

Clay Aiken rolls with the punch lines

By JANE STEVENSON - Toronto SunClay Aiken knows he's become a whipping boy for late night talk show hosts, who question either his singing ability or sexuality.

But the second season runnerup on American Idol has both a healthy sense of humour about it and a thick skin.

"I spent years and years in middle school getting picked on, so I'm kind of used it," says Aiken, 27, down the line from Chicago this week. He has his solo concert debut in Toronto tonight at the Molson Amphitheatre.

"First of all, I usually don't watch (the talk shows) and someone else will tell me about them. And, heck, half the time, I think it's funny."

But are the shots at his sexuality more hurtful or do they just roll off his back too?

"Heck, it's just as insulting as when someone like you interviews me and asks a question like that, no matter how you word it," says Aiken in a Canadian newspaper exclusive with the Sun. "It's part of the game. You just do it."

And it's not as if Aiken, who hails from Raleigh, N.C., doesn't have a lot of support.

His rabid fans, known as Claymates, attack anyone who would dare sully the reputation of their beloved Aiken, whose 2003 debut, Measure Of A Man, was followed by a 2004 Christmas album, Merry Christmas With Love.

I should know because of reader response when I dared to suggest he should be singing musical theatre on Broadway when I reviewed Measure Of A Man.

"They formed themselves while I was on the show, and have grown in strength and energy ever since, which is nothing but thrilling for us," says Aiken of the Claymates. So who are they exactly?

"I have a feeling they are probably mostly ladies," says Aiken. "We don't get played in gentlemen's clubs," he adds with a giggle.

Aiken says he has no desire to hit the Great White Way although he did see Idol alumna Vanessa Olivarez in Hairspray at the Princess Of Wales Theatre here last summer.

"I've seen some shows and they seem fun," he says. "But in the popular music world that's kind of an insult to say someone belongs on Broadway, so thanks a lot. I mean I've seen people who've done it and I think they're very talented. Maybe one day, but our focus is on something different at this time."

Aiken and his nine-piece band are currently a month into his so-called Jukebox tour -- an overview of pop covers spanning the 1950s to today.

Aiken is working with Canadian producer Jaymes Foster Levy -- sister of David Foster -- on his sophomore effort, which he hopes to have out by next spring.

"She's excellent," says Aiken. "It's really great to have somebody, we see eye to eye, ear to ear, I guess, on a lot of the stuff that we both like. She helps me figure out how to slow down and that we make sure that this next album is as good as it can be."

Aiken knows the pressure is on for him to follow up on the commercial success of Measure Of A Man.

"There's natural pressure with it being the second album. I think that's considered to be the most crucial one. There's pressure, not necessarily just from everybody else, but from myself too. The last one did well. I don't want to come out of the box with something crap, right?"

UNICEF post humbles Aiken

Clay Aiken, who was an elementary school teacher for autistic children before his success on American Idol, has beome a UNICEF Ambassador for education.

He has travelled to Indonesia after the tsunami tragedy, and to war-torn northern Uganda to bring attention to the plight of children abducted by rebels.

"It really makes you take a look at what you are, and who you are and how small you are in this world," he told the Sun. "You go to another country and you realize there are definitely people who have never heard of you and they don't care, because all they want to do is rebuild their houses or stay safe from these rebels.

"It really puts things in perspective and makes me stop complaining about traffic in L.A., you know?"

I wasn't sure if I should put in a line of EEEEEEEEEEEEEs!, EHEHEHEHEHEHs!, or extraneous U's in honor of tonight's Toronto concert. Best wishes to Ansa and her family, along with all the other Canadian attendees! I'm sure you'll have a blast, eh, and maybe Clay will wear his shirt in your favourite colour. [sorry, I'm not very fluent in Canadian. And don't get me started on the whole kilometres / miles issue.] ;)

I can't believe Clay got to pet a penguin! I also can't believe I didn't go to the Toledo Zoo early on concert day so I could lurk around looking for Clay!

Is it too soon to look for an mp3 of tonight's new song? Refresh, refresh, refresh....

Edited by bottlecap

I heard from Ansa... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! about explains it. I'll let her tell her own story when she returns.

Video of Tears Run Dry will be up shortly. I'll post the link when it's up.

Toronto Concert Page

Video and mp3 of Tears Run Dry can be found here.

Well I've pretty much run out of time. Won't be able to do too much more before I take off chasing Clay. I've got to work a full day tomorrow and will only have a few hours after work before I need to be at the airport.

I still owe gifts to our contest winners. I'm very sorry, I just ran out of time but will get them out to you as soon as I return.

So Ansa, and KAndre, Skatejoy and I will be on the road. Be good. heee!

AWoooo HOOOO! FCA rocks the East Coast! Happy Travels, y'all! Couchtomato, when you have your Meet & Greet, maybe you can offer to stream Clay's new album at FCA. I'm sure your servers could handle the traffic (for about five minutes!) ;) Can't wait to hear all about the adventures you guys are sure to have!

This post is brought to you by the National Association for Caffeine and Exclamation Point Addiction. AWoooo HOOOO!

I just got word from couchtomato that she's off to New Hampshire for the first of her New England/Atlantic City 5-fer... also, Ansa is still here in Toronto with limited computer access...

Anyway, if anybody has any problems, please feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help you...

Now - Toronto recaps, coming up! :)

I have no time to write something completely original for this board, so I'm reposting my Toronto recaps from Best of Clay (there are two of them):

I'm back from the Toronto concert! It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, I've seen the same concert three times already (and it was great all three of those times), but this was special because he totally "Canadian-ed" it up for us... plus HE WALKED ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me explain... when Ansa and I arrived at our seats, she was happy just to be there because this is her first concert (she lives in the middle of nowhere and was never able to go before), but I, being a ticket snob, went "oh gee, these seats are REALLY far on the right"... but I figured we might get a different perspective and it would be interesting...

When he went to pick the 'reluctant man' from the audience, he totally went in the other direction and pretty far away from us, so Ansa and I looked at each other and were like, ah bummer, he didn't come near us... then he tells the man that he won't be dancing because there is a special guest in the audience... then he starts heading towards us... and we were like - OMG OMG OMG!!! He's coming right at us!!!!! Turns out - Jaymes Foster-Levy was sitting directly behind us, a couple seats left of us. So Clay had to walk RIGHT by us twice. And we had a very good view of him while he was talking to her.

Let me tell you - he is SO gorgeous. I know we've all seen a million pictures of him, but I have never seen him that close up in person. It's a million times better than any picture you will ever see. His skin is beautiful and his eyes are amazing. He is BEAUTIFUL.

Ansa and I were freaking OUT while he was there (although we were very proud of ourselves for totally keeping our composure and NOT touching him as he walked by - because we have manners, of course - and did I mention that if we didn't have manners we could've touched him because he walked one foot in front of us? Less even. I will never forget it.) After he left the aisle behind us, we both just collapsed into our chairs and were like, "Can you believe what just happened?!? AAAAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You really wouldn't think that seeing Clay up close was such a monumental event and maybe I'm making you all think I'm a total nutcase by sounding so excited... but OMG you guys... he is SO pretty. 

(There is so much more to tell about this concert - he was so funny tonight. I just really have to go to bed or I'll be dead at work tomorrow. Oh wait, I already am dead. Ah well. I will recap more tomorrow. Although the Aiken Memory Eraser has worked it's magic on me yet again. BTW, the LMT incident where he forgot the words? I don't know if it came through on the cellcert, but after he got up from the piano he said, "Well, I either get the words right or the piano right, but not both, I guess." - it was very cute.)

Oh one more thing - I LOVE the new song. If anybody disses it, they get to deal with me.

I'm still totally giddy from my "brush with Clay" last night, but I just wanted to highlight the cool moments from the Toronto concert (these are mostly little Canadian things that maybe only the Canadians will appreciate, but I'm sure you'll all get a kick out of it):

- during Stump the Band, after two failed attempts to sing both "Sweet Child of Mine" and "Cryin'", he ended up singing "O Canada" - he totally knew ALL the words perfectly... he said it was because he watches a lot of hockey... hee. He totally was making up the melody in certain parts (it was funny), but he mostly got the melody right too. It was so cool to hear Clay sing my national anthem. EEEEE! 

- he did this bit where he was naming all the provinces (although I hate to tell you Skatejoy, he completely forgot that the Maritimes and Newfoundland existed - I think he may have forgotten Quebec too - he just sort of started at Ontario and went West)... and he was asking who's from Toronto? who's from Hamilton? who's from Ottawa? who's from Winnipeg? etc... till he got to BC... when he got to the who's from Ottawa part (of course, I was jumping up and down here because I'm from Ottawa), he started laughing and said that we were so polite... that we were like this - and he put his hand up really politely to imitate us and said "I'm from Ottawa" really politely... then he said the Hamilton people were rowdier like Americans because they screamed and jumped up and down... and then he imitated a quiet person putting their hand up as the Ottawa people again... so during stump the band, he was specifically requesting that one of the polite people from Ottawa could choose the song... I loved that part - I thought it was so funny...

- at one point, he was quizzing the band members as to what was the capital of Canada... some of them didn't know... he said, "It is NOT Toronto." Daniel the bass player guessed Ottawa (ding ding ding!) and everyone cheered.

- he talked to someone who had flown in from BC and mentioned that the JNT is starting in Vancouver this year... somebody told me later that they talked to a crew member and found out JNT is starting on November 2nd

- when he was talking to Jaymes Foster-Levy, he asked her where she was from and she said Victoria, BC (I think, but who the heck knows - I was one foot away from the Aiken!!!) and then he said that the album would have a "Canadian flare" because of her... then he said they were previewing a brand new song just as a special treat for the Canadians... we EEEEEEEE'd our heads off for that...

- during the "what happened in the 70s?" segment, he asked specifically for Canadian things that were different than American things that happened in the 70s... somebody said Trudeaumania (I'm not sure if he had any idea what that was) and I can't even remember what else, but it was cool that he personalized that part to Canadians... Felix did the same thing with the 80s preacher part - he was naming things from the 80s that were specifically Canadian - like Wayne Gretzky and a bunch of other stuff (my mind is going blank)...

- also, this is just a generic thing (not related to Canada), but Clay totally bawled out the idiots who try to steal his "I was born in the 70s" punchline during his "what happened in the 70s?" schtick... near the end of it, he was like, "Okay, I have to talk to you people... I was IGNORING YOU ON PURPOSE! And you! And you! I heard ya when you said "I was born in the 70s", but that is MY line and everytime I come out here, somebody tries to steal my punchline... stop it!!! That is MY line!!" It was really funny. I was shouting "You go, Clay!!!" 

- during "Happy Together" something funny was going on (which I couldn't quite see cuz of the angle), but it looked like Quiana was pulling him down on top of her and then she got his head in a headlock and Angela got his legs in a leglock and he was laughing (yet still never missed a note) and managed to sit back up and put both girls in a headlock... it was very cute... also, he was tickling Quiana during "Sugar Sugar"...

That's all I remember right now... maybe if anything else comes to mind, I'll post it... all in all, a great concert experience and I loved how Clay really tried to personalize the concert for the Canadians... and he loves me because I'm a polite Ottawa person... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

EEEEEEEEE I survived my first Clay concert!!!!!!

First of all I gotta say Thank You to shelleyC who was my concert partner. She got our tickets...got our bands for the pre-concert party and was generally a great friend to this nervous Clay virgin.

It was really strange but since I am here in Toronto on a family holiday I haven;t been immersing myself on Clay news. I would check out my emails but thats all...I did find out that he didn't wait till to Toronto to sing WAMLAW....bummer...but other than that I have been Clay free. So on concert day its funny that everyone in my family was asking me if I was excited...and frankly I was not. This got me worried.

Then the trip to the venue proved to be stressful cos of traffic and missing a turn to the entrance...then when I get there I realize the ampitheatre was inside a park and they were asking me to pay 12 dollars to go in if I didn;t have proof of purchase for my ticket...thank god for cellphones...I decided to just wait for Shelley who had my ticket. But then another Clayfan from Singapore, who was in a similar dilemma as I started begging to the security person, they let her in so I got in as well.

First encounter with the Clay fandom...it was very interesting. There were lots of people with Clay paraphernelia. Met two ladies from massachussets that were also looking for the party, they were entirely amazed that it was my first concert. When I got to the party, I was totally intimidated by all these ladies just having fun and all having such great camaraderie..I sat to wait for Shelley and just soaked in the atmosphere, it was truly overwhelming. This is when the rality of my finally getting to see Clay hit me...I started getting really excited. Finally Shelley and I found each other and together with smartcookie and Maudlin of the CH we stood in line for the concert and what a line it was.

Concert...What great concert it was. He was not in best voice...he said he kinda lost his voice...but it was still great! My first glimpse of him was just so exciting....when he posed on top of the stairs looking at the jukebox..he looked so GORGEOUS...and so cool. You all know what happnes in the first part and that was just fantastic. UM was a bit rough but we still gave him a standing O.

Love me Tender...he totally messed up the lyrics...after he said he either messes up the piano or the lyrics and laughed at himself...the Elvis songs were great vocally...it was exciting to see.

Sugar sugar Clay was trying to tickle Quianna..so they had this long side hug...

Happy together...first Angela pulls him close to her with the tie then he sings really close to her almost kissing her...then they got hold of his legs and he got them in a headlock...without missing a beat.

Solitaire was a bit rough in the beginning...he was grimacing so he sang the first verses differently ..but then he got to the glorynote and final chorus... he gave it his all...you couldn;t tell he was having a hard time.

I think my favorite part of Motown is I'll be there...he is giving this his all and he uses a very different voice placement...he has so much soul for this song.

Audience participation...Shelley was right I didn't really mind our seats cos I was just happy to be in the concert...but I was hoping that he would go down for this part on our side so at least we can get a glimpse of him. But then he went down the other side and talked to a man far away from us and so I was just happy to watch on the jumbotron...but then he said he wanted to get somone else from the audience and he started moving towards our side, then he was going up the aisle right beside us...then he walked right behind shelley and me...and believe me...I truly got weak kneed...HE WAS SO PRETTY and he passed no more than a yard in front of us...Shelley and I immediately stood on our seats and watched as he talked to Jaymes...this part was unreal...that was when I started processing the whole experience and realized that he will pass us again and if I wanted to I can touch him...I didn't of course...didn;t even scream as he passed though I was screaming inside. All I can think of is he is so PRETTY...gorgeous face, skin, eyes...the profile is to die for...GAH!!!!! thank you Shelley for those seats and my close encounter with the AIken....

the 70's audience segment was special cos he asked for Canadian events...and as Shelley mentioned he berated the fans that tried to ruin his punchline..but despite of that he still delivered that joke beautifully and we roared with laughter...what a natural comedian he is.

WDC he sang the beginning with such tenderness...and at first I thought the Clangela was not hot until he gave her a slow carress at the buttocks area and slowly bent her back...totally HOT move.

Alone was magnificent...sailing was sang straightforward. The 90's schitck was all Quianna and Clay asked the audience for dance suggestion and Quianna danced them all. EOTR was magnificent...IRIS was fantastic...wonderful tone in his voice for that...LLVL was fun and finally my favorite song...ICMYLM was exquisite...tenderly done...made me cry.

Stump the band was great...sweet Child o mine was sang with lots of lala's with quianna on lead...he tried to sing Crying but he only knows the chorus so he passed,...finally he sang O Canada...he had to improvise on the melody at the end but it was still gorgeous.

Finally the new song...I still don't know the title but I loved it. It had an intersting melody line and the lyrics didn;t seem cliche's I think this is my second favorite new song. I do believ it will fit Hot/AC radio.

And BFM and Invisible closed a most wonderful show...I thank God I was able to attend...Now I am determined to attend every Toronto concert...Bring on Next years tour!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for your first concert Ansa.

I'll bet by the next tour you'll be a concert ho! I'll come downstairs some morning and you'll be sleeping on my floor before the trip to some Northeast location!