#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

bottlecap rolls into the FCA an screams at the top of her lungs: I LOVE YOU GUYS!

:D

No, I'm not drunk. Just appreciative of the overall vibe of this board, and glad that you guys seem to "get" my skewed sense of humor (or at least don't trout me about it or roll your eye too audibly. :rolleyes: ) RAWK ON!

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, there'll be news tomorrow, it's only a dayyyyyy awayyyyy!" (Well, fingers crossed anyway. We have to hear something about the CD before it gets advertised in the Sunday circulars don't we?)

KAndre. who is easily amused, continue to roll bottlecap around, enjoying her melodious screams....

Better watch out - I think I'm going to hurl! Too much Clack and cake and herring and the spinning! OMG, the spinning! :o

Edited by bottlecap

Oh No Bottlecap! I missed your birthday by one day. I'm adding my best wishes. Hope your birthday was wonderful.

I try to drop by here as often as I can to see what is going on and I always leave with a smile after reading your posts. Happy Birthday!

Edited by txflwrgrl

MTV.com just updated with news on one of the May 9th releases - unfortunately, it's the Red Hot Chili Peppers,  not Clay.  Crap!  Quit stalling already!  :rolleyes:

I have a feeling when They said March in the studios I suspect that means MArch will start the narrative. I hope he gets a magazine feature or a video feature of Clay in the studios just like Christina.

ansa

Yeah, I know it's coming, and when the story starts, we will be flooded with Clack of all kinds. I'm just ready already, ya know? ;)

In the meatime, did I mention that there is 5 freakin' hours of American Idol 5 on my TV this week? That'a a lot of heart-tugging video intros, potentially medicore warbling, voting questions, Simon and Ryan innuendoing, pitchies, dawgs, and "After the Break"ing to sit through. Yikes! :o

hee bottlecap...I am also ready for things to start...

at least the olympics is distracting me...and strangely enough, I am kinda looking forward to AI5...

lots to snark about for sure...if anyone is interested we can revive a chat thread on watercooler for it... I think they managed to get some decent singers.

Morning,

I like the idea of the watercooler thing. I'm sure with all the "talent" (cough, cough) on AI5 this season, we should have plenty to talk about.

Okay, I know my faults (very few, by the way, LOL), but I just DON'T get Taylor Hicks. I liked his Joe Cocker, Ray Charles act the first time, but it is now grading on my last nerve. Does anyone else agree or am I alone with this problem!!! <_<

p.s.s. Please take the harmonica away from him :D

I haven't watched AI since the first episode this season. I don't know what made m want to stop but I sorta just did..but the streams of the show will be hitting my ear from another room in hte house.

Fortunatley I managed to stay awake for the Italian ice dancers last night. What drama. heee. And yeah I went ahhhhh when they hugged. I'm easy.

georgiaclay, I just want to hear Taylor's voice, straight, without the theatrics and the facial tics. I have listened to a couple of mp3s of his singing pre-AI, and he really does have a soulful voice. Personally, I think his gray hair will be a great advantage to him, because it makes him distinctive. I'm seeing quite a bit of buzz about him already. Taylor may become one of those love him to death or hate him and want him off the show yesterday polarizing contestants. Where have I experienced that before? (Hey, does that count as Clay content? B) )

Anyway, I just want to find my "pony" to root for this season, and I'm not sure I've seen it yet. Taylor, maybe? Paris? Maybe on the girls' side. I need to see longer performances from each of them to make a judgement.

AI5 thread

here is the Thread for general AI stuff for now. We can start AI5 discussions there. I will be posting there tonight as the show goes on...chat style...I hope others can join me. If it becomes really popular I can make a new forum for it it people want to discuss specific contestants. But I think for now we can stick to one thread.

Georgiaclay I agree about Taylor. I think his style is very specific. He is good with soul/blues...but I really need to see TAYLOR not Joe/ray wannabe. I also listened to some mp3...since I am not a big fan of that style...I do recognize the talent but not loving it yet. I do think he is one of the more likeable contestants.

Strangely enough I am more intrugued by the girsl...Katherine I think will be fantastic, and Kellie...I don;t know why I like the girl but she just seem so real...

I will post this in the AI thread too...lets move any other AI5 discussion there....

Isn't the woman's short program tonight? I have to look it up. I have not been watching much TV lately, except the most useless of programs- reality TV. People on Celebrity Fit club are losing weight, but not shaking the drugs and Flavor Flav is close to picking among the various sluts to be his "girlfriend, having rejected the one gilr who never lied to him, but wanted to take it slow. Better to have a hoochie girl to play with. It is all so alien to me, it is actually interesting, even though scripted..

Edited to move AI talk to Ai discussion

Today is a beautiful sunny day, but every time I walk outside this wind kicks up and I run back in. This is not good for taking the dog for a walk. Poor Holly has a spoiled pampered owner.

Edited by playbiller

Well, I can't come up with any new Clay content today no matter how hard I try, so I'll just say how griping about last night's craptastic girl performances in the AI thread actually made that show bearable. Same place, same time tonight for the guys. (Who, great Lord & Taylor, have to be better than the girls were.) georgiaclay is providing mean pills in case you need help getting into the snarky spirit. B)

(Who, great Lord & Taylor, have to be better than the girls were.)

Sheesh, picking favorites already in the name of Taylor...but who is Lord?

*I know, I know, really bad joke...*

Clay content: I wonder if Clay's watching AI this year. Hee.

ldyjocelyn, I had to think about your response for a really long time before I got the joke about my attempted Aikenism. (Yeah, I had a rough day at work - I needed three doughnuts to get me through it.)

So, would it be more appropriate to say "Chris & Taylor"? "Patrick & Taylor"? "Teenaged Crooner & Taylor"? No way is it going to be "Ace & Taylor".

Man, we need a hit of actual Clay news or another blurry cell-phone picture really bad, don't we?

How about a pool on how many times Clay's name get mentioned tonight on AI5? I say three times, including at least once by Ryan.

And now to bring up something completely different.

The Bubel-Aiken foundation is having a sale, while they migrate to their new format. Lots of stuff is sellingout. I think they may want to start over with merchandise and not have it as Clay related anymore.

Anyway this started me thinking about why they might want to downplay the Clay connection. I remember when Clay first started speaking about starting a foundation, he called it the Bubel Foundation. I was surprised when I heard Bubel-aiken and I wondered how that came about. If they decided to play up the fan connection for a start. Well, now that Clay seems to be miminzed, I wonder if this was to draw in more national sponsors or if it is done to minimize fan interference.

As to posting on AI tonight, I just want to know if we are going to have Clayban on voting for the guys snickering at Clay's first album?

THE MERCHANDISE IN THE CLIQUE OFFICIAL STORE IS NOW ON SALE.

Awhooo Hooo! Two of my favorite things combined - spending money on Clay, and a good clearance sale! Now I can finally get that long sleeved Tree-toting Clay shirt that I had my eye on without paying $50.00 for it. The summer stuff is marked down, too.

:lol:

Playbiller...snickering at Clay;s album...who were they...list them out...they get automatic zero....no one snickers at MOAM!!!!! ooops sorry...I think I need my meds now. <_<

seriously...I am looking forward to tonight's perfromances. Wondering if there is more singing chops with the guys...if so then I predict they are looking for a guy winner...see y'all at the AI thread.

The BAF....I do think they learned their lesson with people getting involved not for the cause but for Clay. I think the past PR trouble they had was due to fans interference. I suppose Clay does not want to be a liability to his own foundation...I think its a good idea...

Still nothing new to talk about in the Clay Nation so far today, so I'll just say this: I don't see any multiplatinum-selling recording artists coming out of the batch of guys on AI5 last night. I don't think any one of them had the complete package: a compelling and unique singing voice, attractive looks, wit, charm and charisma on camera. You might be able to Frankenstein a winner out of the component parts of some of them, but I didn't see any of them as being all that right now. :blink:

As a wise man once sang: "I can't make you love me if you don't. I can't make your heart feel something it won't." I really want to like someone enough to root them on through the finals, but dawg, I ain't feelin' it.

C'mon Clay - we need some real news! I don't want to be reduced to yapping about these AI5 losers everyday because there's nothing else left to discuss!

I got the bucket hat, I got the bucket hat, I got the bucket hat...

*Snoopy happy dance of joy*

I also bought ANOTHER Clay Aiken tshirt. You can never have too many, right? I think this will make number 10. It's a sickness, I tell ya.

I'm going to be away from my computer all day tomorrow due to a meeting. This will be when news arrives, I just know it. *g*