#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

I also send money to TBAF, because of the Clay connection. How did fans cause trouble?????

Clay was probably humble when he created The Bubel Foundation and left off his name when he created it for college merit.

I tried to watch AI5 (boys night out) but started grinding my teeth over Savage Simon made a remark like" You remind me of Clay, but likeable). Grind, grind, grind. Then I read that he said that only Kelly and Carrie of AI have longevity in the business. gggggrrrrrrrrr :angry:

Some of the guys were okay, they need to grow, like Clay did, but then he had that voice before AI.

:)

Claywright, the fans caused trouble as many were up.set that Fran, a fan, got a coveted position in the foundation and rallied against her and some things she had posted as a fan - fan/worker not a good combination when you have trackable posts.

Fans also contacted WRAL to do an investigation ofthe foundation for misuse of funds. The foundation was cleared and had an excellent donation/use that many established foundations can only dream about, only 15% went to management and fundraising, the rest to programs and grants. I guess paying most of the board a dollar a year helped the bottom line. Some people wanted professional fundraisers hired, but ther are issues with the professionals and they don't come cheap (400K is not unusual).

:o Thanks, Playbiller for the info. I know I can count on you.

First, I can see the problem with a fan/worker. Maybe she was just handy, living in Raleigh and applied -- whatever.

Second, I am just dumbfounded that a fan or fans (????) would blow the whistle on the foundation. When it happened, I thought that Diane gave an emotional response instead of just issuing a professional statement, and having the auditors come in right away. I can sympathize with her being upset, but you have to be professional in matters like these where money is concerned. The damn thing took on a life of its own and I found myself having to explain to people that it was not true. Of course, the media loves gossip and people believe stuff they read.

Thanks again.

Fran lived in Chicago and worked from an ofice set up there, but no one knows if she was only in it for the initial set up or if she would stay. Now that she is gone, I can say that the foundation did file all it's paperwork on time and did manage to allocate below normal amounts of money for operations and fund raising. So, perhaps she did a good job despite her fan girly behavior and possible deception at other times.

Motives will always be in the souls of the various participants. We can only wonder and guess, so I can't say for a fact what the motive of anyone was, be it genuine concern or otherwise. All I know is that the foundation is more successful at what it does than most other start up organizations. It is not 100%, but then nothing is. You have to look at start up separately from other times in a foundation. It takes years for most to get established and the expenses can be quite a high percentage of the income forthe first few years. Or, if you look at charities like United Fund, you will see that quite a bit of money is wasted - golf club memberships for board members and parties for fundraisers and the director makes over 400K. The only function of the United fund is to channel money to other charities, sort of like an unneccessary mddleman. Enough of the rant - they crossed me once on a job so I am still bitter.

Sigh. I need a hit of fresh Clack in the worst way. :( Yeah, I know this downtime is much more typical than the level of new stuff we've gotten over the past couple of years, but still...

I need to hear this on my radio:

Cuts me deep with every word

Saddest song I ever heard

I can't help myself, I keep coming back for more

Drowning in the melody, makes me feel like I can't breathe.

I can't save myself

The only time I'm close to you is when I hear the song I'm addicted to.

So I keep coming back for more, I keep coming back for more.

Somebody's making a fortune,

Selling emotions to fools like me who,

Relate to what they're saying,

Obsessed and can't stop playing *wink*,

No use in changing stations, no-o,

Cause it's everywhere on the radio,

The radio, the radio-o!

Hey y'all! I thought it was about time that I started posting instead of lurking. Some of my favourite peeps are here!

I can't wait to hear Clay on my radio again. I miss him, but I'm keeping busy with other things, and of course, clack. I have so much clack that I would never be able to watch it all, no matter how long the drought.

I think next week is going to be the week. And, it's going to rawk!

*waves to ldyjocelyn*

Edited by Ansamcw

Somebody's making a fortune,

Selling emotions to fools like me who,

Relate to what they're saying,

Obsessed and can't stop playing *wink*,

No use in changing stations, no-o,

Cause it's everywhere on the radio,

The radio, the radio-o!

Hey y'all!  I thought it was about time that I started posting instead of lurking.  Some of my favourite peeps are here!

I can't wait to hear Clay on my radio again.  I miss him, but I'm keeping busy with other things, and of course, clack.  I have so much clack that I would never be able to watch it all, no matter how long the drought. 

I think next week is going to be the week.  And, it's going to rawk!

*waves to ldyjocelyn*

hey luckiest1 glad to have you join us...

yup I miss him... :(

and I think things will start next week too...just remember last year when we were in the middle of the drought how long it seem and how dark things were....well then what came after were two glorious tours and lots of lovely clack....

I think things seem darker now because we are anticipating something much, much bigger...a great second CD...a rocking summer concert ....a lots and lots of TV appearances...and Clay on the Radio, the Radio, the Radio. o - o - o.....

Ah..it does sound beautiful to be followed by the passionate...TRD...*sigh*

Hi Luckiest1 (great name).

On another blog, we had a contest on naming the date news would come. I picked end of March, but even that seems too long to wait. As a child raised Catholic, I wondered what limbo was, now I know. I think Catholics don't talk much about limbo any more. I gave up church some time ago. But it certainly sounds like what Clay is putting us through LOL. :P

But when news comes, it will be like WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

hey, how about picking the date the first song name is officially leaked or the first performance on TV or the first time the release date is posted. There are sooooo many firsts to choose.

Looks like another day to go to the dog park and to check on my insurance. I hope I still have some. It is so hard to get straight answers. I have never worked with a group that wanted to bounce me out of cobra like these people. Half answers and such.

My guess: Primetime Live with squeeing fangirl Diane Sawyer, on Thurday May 4th. This would be in line with the original Primetime Live interview done right before Measure of a Man was released. Mucho promotion and endless teasers on Good Morning America. (Disclaimer: This assumes a May 9th CD release date.)

And honestly, as painful as the tabloid trash has been, I suspect, in some quarters, it might increase the level of media interest in getting an interview with Clay. The first big interview, it seems to me, would be a natural place to address the issue in at least a general way, and it makes a sort of natural hook for how a story might be framed: Overcoming adversity; the perils of sudden fame; maintaining your own identity, etc. YMMV, of course.

With all the pent-up demand in the Clay Nation for new material, wouldn't you want his face on the cover of your magazine, with a nice, in-depth interview or feature piece inside? Can you say "sold out news stands"? Roger W., whatcha got up your sleeve for us? ;)

I was just saying...that this kind of scandal can actually work in Clay's favor. I really believe it will.

I think the March in studio...means the promo will also start. I bet he will ahve some kind of itnerveiw from the studios and maybe have songs apearing on promo squad.

I think the ads for the radio single will be out by midmarch...with the single out by end of march beginning of April.

so excited...I think Clay is just enjoying the olympics right now.

My best guesses:

We will get a release date, with some general CD information (producer, genre, DualDisc, title, title of first single) within the next week, by March 3rd at the latest.

We will get a single to radio by the end of March. We will ferret out unofficial tour info (i.e. rumoured venues, dates) before the end of March. We will get an official list of TV appearances by the end of March.

We will get the first TV appearance before the end of April. We will find the track listing and album cover artwork sometime in April.

We will get the CD and official tour info in May, as well as lots more TV appearances.

We will get a tour in late July, running through the beginning of September.

Things I know for sure:

1. I will not have paid off all the debt I accumulated in the last two years doing Clay-related stuff before it's time to buy CDs, concert tickets, plane tickets, and merchandise again.

2. I will not have enough room on my hard drive for all the clack that will be gathered.

3. The new CD and tour will be awesome! :D

Well, one of these weeks we have to get news, right? After the tabloid stuff quiets down. Maybe it depends on when Christina Aguilera starts her promo blitz. No, after the hype over the new season of AI dies out a bit. It will get lost in the Grammy coverage. And now, after the Olympics... "I WANT IT NOW" (tm Veruca Salt). :P

Seriously, luckiest1 - I like your timeframes. I know when we are heavily into the album promotion cycle, all the angst will be forgotten. Mostly. ;)

Hey there folks... I'm checking in as ordered :waves to ldyjocelyn and luckiest1: *g* Haven't had time to read up on the thread yet, but I will, I promise.

So far the only time frame I can speak about with any certainty is: How long am I going to love Clay Aiken, the man and his Vox? Forevah!

Excuse me, but I think the fans deserve geting him in as Number 1. Until there was a concerted effort, it looked like carrie could slip in. With a concerted effort it took about 10K votes to go up 1%, where if no one else was voting, it would have taken 700. management got him on that list, butthey assumed that his fans would do the work.

Hmm doing promosquad (again - yes, I want to do 250 songs this week and I have quite a few to go) - I seemed to have lost fametraker again, but Clay came up last week and this week. Bo comes up every day and so does Carrie. Today I got Kim Locke for the first time. Last week I got Ruben. I have not had Kelly appear, so I guess she will be going into a down time. I haven't seen Fantasia either.

Just got A Santana song,I think Bo was singing.

Back to the topic,

Excuse me, but I think the fans deserve geting him in as Number 1. Until there was a concerted effort, it looked like carrie could slip in. With a concerted effort it took about 10K votes to go up 1%, where if no one else was voting, it would have taken 700. management got him on that list, butthey assumed that his fans would do the work.

Hmm doing promosquad (again - yes, I want to do 250 songs this week and I have quite a few to go) - I seemed to have lost fametraker again, but Clay came up last week and this week. Bo comes up every day and so does Carrie. Today I got Kim Locke for the first time. Last week I got Ruben. I have not had Kelly appear, so I guess she will be going into a down time. I haven't seen Fantasia either.

Just got A Santana song,I think Bo was singing.

Errrrrrr, what is promosquad?????

promosquad is a site where they play music, usually before it is realeased and the membrs rate the music and get points for rating them. You get to buy things for the points (not that it is really a lot, more for kids. Anyway. You have several things you can do, you get to rate people on fame tracker to determine whow popular some people are. It is nice to rate Clay high.

Then you rate songs. some ofthe ratings determine the next single. On thins, I would abstain on Clay because fans are not the genreal public. YOu will get to hear his songs before anyone else though.

Finally there are polls you can take.

Go check out the promosquad.com site, yourself.

I had an incredibly long day today...up at 5:30 a.m., on the road for over 2 hours, meetings the entire day, then 2 more hours on the road. Come home, go for my workout with my husband, shower, eat dinner, and catch up. I'm tired as hell. I also don't have the brain power left to try and guess dates and such for the publicity. Maybe later.

But...I do have to do this:

*big squishy hugs to luckiest1 and cindilu2*

Topic: Clay Aiken is cute. Puppy dog cute. And then he does something that makes me think he's all man, and then I'm done.

promosquad is a site where they play music, usually before it is realeased and the membrs rate the music and get points for rating them. You get to buy things for the points (not that it is really a lot, more for kids. Anyway. You have several things you can do, you get to rate people on fame tracker to determine whow popular some people are.  It is nice to rate Clay high.

Then you rate songs. some ofthe ratings determine the next single. On thins, I would abstain on Clay because fans are not the genreal public. YOu will get to hear his songs before anyone else though.

Finally there are polls you can take.

Go check out the promosquad.com site, yourself.

Thank you.....

I try to rate songs on Promosquad every other day but it is hard because I don't find many of them that unique or interesting. I did hear that Santana song but didn't like the song itself. It seemed like they tried to make it "sound" more like what is popular on the radio today. However, it seemed different from many of the other songs on there. Everything but the song itself seemed first rate. You could tell this wasn't a bunch of kids pulled of the street. The experience and quality came through despite the song. It gave me pause becuase there was such a difference - I could hear the experience. I wish I could express this better.

If I stick with flametracker long enough Clay's name is always there as well as the other idols. Someone said when it stops giving you names, you need to stop it and start again and more names will appear. I tried this and it works. After KCE was caught stacking the deck against all the other idols several months ago, I try to contribute by giving an honest opinion on them all so the data is not as skewed. Maybe I'm kidding myself but I hope it makes a difference.