# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

Caught up on the reading. I love this place. I love Clay Aiken. I'm so proud of him and I have no doubt that he can get the $100,000.00 in 10 days. He is getting great press mentions, on this, and there will be more to come I'm sure. TV exposure will probably be next. Maybe mentioned on ET or the Insider, etc. I'm so tired today and have such a headache, I can't think clearly enough to respond to anything. I'm heading for my pajamas and bed.................

hope you are feeling much much better.

How timely.... Here I am scanning through my Best Friends Animal Sanctuary magazine and what do I run across? Simon Cowell in Barbados cutting the ribbon for Hope Sanctuary's mobile neutering bus.

Bastard. I'm sure he doesn't mean it.

http://thehopesanctuary.com/articles/bus.html

http://www.nationnews.com/story/322995516035951.php

Thanks for the blog news, jmh123. I updated mine and pinged technorati! :)

Lookie the cute new picture on the Donate Page of the $100,000 in 10 Days campaign.

Clay_headshot.jpg

:wub:

Ok, I am going to sort of kind of disagree. many charities are not run very well, many of these concert things go sour real fast - Live Aid, concert for the planet really did no good. There was very little money that ever got to where it was going.

Now AI is not a charity, and this is not a free standing thing. It is focusing money through extablished charities for the corporation donations and collecting matching funds underwritten by corporations - this money will go to the charities, how it breaks down is unknown, but by not having to collect through individuals making pledges, there is that much overhead eliminated and I fully expect the corporations will check to see what they are backing. Money is to be raised from free phone calls and you may add donations, but do not have to do that. Collecting through credit cards like Six degrees idid makes it easier to trace. I doubt there will be a problem.

Now there are people who question the motives, and basically, I don't really care what their motives are. I think this was planned before the season started (the filming in Africa has been shown since after the bad auditions). things like this do not happen overnight. Perhaps they want to break the records on voting or have the highest viewing ratings ever (ooooh, could this be the real Clay and Ruben diss? Just kidding). It really does not matter, as long as the charities get the money. Who knows, maybe Clay talked them into doing it - you never know.

Edited by playbiller

Yeah, what play said. People can question motives and that can be a reasonable thing to do - I just object to the blanket 'sneering' which didn't seem particularly related to logical reasons - some just seemed to have a hard on for Cowell, AI or anyone perceived as dissing Clay...

I couldn't help it (see avie) I find that picture paradoxically uplifting in a heartwarming kinda way and so freakin' hot I'm worried about myself.

That's one hunky humanitarian man right there.

OH GOD yeah...are we getting some more pix!!!

sigh...

grrrr... :grrrr::grrrr::grrrr:

I just posted something elsewhere about a great book I read that made me think of CLay...went on about my business...came back and saw a post so outrageously anti-AI that I had to go back and ETA on my post. Crap. Why can't I just move on and NOT say something?

WTF?

Who am I kidding? Since when do I ever really INTEND to move on and not say something? heh.

How timely.... Here I am scanning through my Best Friends Animal Sanctuary magazine and what do I run across? Simon Cowell in Barbados cutting the ribbon for Hope Sanctuary's mobile neutering bus.

Bastard. I'm sure he doesn't mean it.

http://thehopesanctuary.com/articles/bus.html

http://www.nationnews.com/story/322995516035951.php

Thanks for the blog news, jmh123. I updated mine and pinged technorati! :)

Lookie the cute new picture on the Donate Page of the $100,000 in 10 Days campaign.

Clay_headshot.jpg

:wub:

Aw, YSRN! Best Friends is my very favorite charity!!

How could anyone look at this picture and think Simon is evil?? bp31154.jpg

Yeah, I know. He probably kicked he puppy after the photo-op because he's only doing this to promote himself.

I have read countless times that Clay doesn't do what he does for the publicity. Did it ever occur to someone that maybe Simon is a very charitable person but he keeps it quiet because he does what he does because he cares and not for the PR? Just like Clay?

He obviously cares about animals. Maybe that's where his heart lies. I know its where mine lies.

I know there are all too many "charities" that are just out to scam people. I just don't think IGB is one of them. It has such high visability, it would be hard to get away with anything unscrupulous. And since you can support it without giving one penny, why not?

There does not seem to be ANY viable reason to suspect IGB is anything but above board. The ones who are spouting off the most vitriol seem to be basing their accusations soley on their hatred of all things AI.

I have to wonder what they will do if Clay not only appears on the show in some capacity but does something like blog encouraging us to do whatever we can to support IGB.

Muski - Love your new avie!

grrrr... :grrrr::grrrr::grrrr:

I just posted something elsewhere about a great book I read that made me think of CLay...went on about my business...came back and saw a post so outrageously anti-AI that I had to go back and ETA on my post. Crap. Why can't I just move on and NOT say something?

WTF?

Who am I kidding? Since when do I ever really INTEND to move on and not say something? heh.

Yeah, well, its that person's posts that set me off earlier!!

She speaks as if she has KNOWLEDGE of which she has none - especially when it comes to AI's accounting practices. And every word she writes is filled with such venom and hatred!

And one thing that is really sad is how many are "wording" her posts!

I think Clay would be ashamed to have a a fan like her - and the others who are wording her! I suspect Clay does't endorse that kind of hatred being spewed over message boards dedicated to him.

JMO and all that.

ETA: Can someone PLEASE - tell me what AI et.al. have done to Clay over the last 4 years that is so bad??????

Edited by Claygasm

They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

Actually, I commented earlier today about fans being too Claycentric that they can't see the forest for the trees. Every slight is remembered - no one accidently does not mention Clay it is always an insult. Where people who really insult him (other fans) are let off the hook for some reason.

Oh, Geez - our governour has been injured in a car crash (broken leg) - so much for TV tonight, that isthe big story and we will be getting updates all evening.

What I'm curious about is of the people who hates AI with that ever burning passion, have they stopped watching.

I actualy haven't watched since the middle of year 4. I stopped watching because I just found it so fixed and phoney that I gave up. And when I tried to watch the beginning of the next year I found the audition process too cruel. But having said that, I think there is still hatred out there for AI because of the anomaly.

Now my take about season two is that they pimped Ruben in order to have a real competition as Clay was running away with it and then the phone lines jamming robbed Clay of his win. I do not think their hands are dirty even though Clay lost. And I also think they have quietly gone about fixing the problems that were problematic in season 2.

I think the rest can be chalked up to what the judges have said about Clay on their publicity jaunts each year before the show starts - and what they don't say about him at every opportunity. The latest being I take it not mentioning Mr. Ambassador as they whore themselves out for ratings.

The only time I was truly truly angry at AI is when he had to host Fanny's party but he was so gracious and professional that even that eventually rolled off my back.

Since Clay's season of AI, he has been invited back several times and has always been treated very well, even better than the winners IMO. Clay always speaks well of the show and has gone to bat for it several times. And even those evil judges have had good soundbites regarding Clay.

I don't think he gets treated any better or worse than anybody else that has come from the show and I look at it like this--without AI, we would not have Clay. This show is bigger than Clay and his association with it will never go away - ever. As JMH pointed out, he is included on the Idol site for whatever that project is they are doing and he has been featured in their magazine. The seesaw of emotion that surrounds his appearances there make me dizzy.

I just hate how everything associated with the show has to be torn down in the name of Clay, esepcially other artists that come from there. Talk about bad karma!

ETA: Can someone PLEASE - tell me what AI et.al. have done to Clay over the last 4 years that is so bad??????

*runs to make list* Be back in 24 hours... it's longgggg!

I keed.

Um, nothing except not put Clay up on the highest pop star pedestal and kiss his ass every day for eternity.

And Kelly's going to be on IGB. nono.gif

And someone is jealous.

whoopdedoo.gif

Hee... isn't that puppy picture cute? I'm sure it's meant to promote next year's start of BarbadosIdol! ;)

*sends Clayzor some Advil and a snuggly little blankie*

I don't know why my heart is hurting over this...but I am pretty much dismayed. The posts about these are just pretty ugly and it really is based on how they perceived AI treated Clay. I guess I just don't even agree that AI has treated Clay so badly. As a matter of fact I think they treated him very well...everytime he visited it was treated like a big deal. even that one time he just sat in the audience they had Ryan talk to him...tons of pictures with the judges and the contestants...when Ruben usually would just get his name under a shot of him in the audience. I remember a time when Bo Bice didn't even got acknowledged. I just think that for some fans Clay not only should be treated fairly or nicely...but treated extra special and put in a pedestal by everybody.

Anyway...if people don;t want to give ...fine but I find it so tacky that they are putting down a cause that can raise so much awareness...just because they thought people were mean to Clay...

I have a feeling when I hit submit, this is going to go up with that dreaded "Posts 1" thing over there in that post counter spot. This box I'm typing in doesn't look in the least familiar, so I'm almost positive that's going to happen. I finally decided to click on one of those email links I've been getting and I fell right into a gaggle of eHP folks in the tour thread.....somehow that didn't surprise me, either.

So.....I'm here. I read just back a few pages (mea culpa etc. but I have to go iron my pants for a date tonight with my husband.....time's pressing right now.) BUT thank God! I found a room full of people who are making some sense. I can't do that quoting thing and have nice creases, too. But....seriously.....it's a frickin' TV show. OR at least it was last time I turned it on.

Oh, and I made a stop gap avatar from the only 90 x90 pixel picture I had in photobucket. I think I want one of those fancy moving ones this time but this will have to do till I learn how to make one.

:sickyet:

They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

So playbiller's writing Clorn scenarios now?

What?

==========================================

I think Clay's probably lined up to work the phone banks for the Idol Gives Back telethon portion. George Clooney will end up getting pissed because women keeping screaming "Is this Clay?" and then hanging up on him when he says "No."

Double What?

==========================================

Can I just do a tiny bit of eeeee'ing about taking a baby step to facilitate my :TourExcite: Road Trip? I now have a hotel reservation for the Michigan concert. Yeah, I'm quite the world traveler.... Snort.

I have a feeling when I hit submit, this is going to go up with that dreaded "Posts 1" thing over there in that post counter spot. This box I'm typing in doesn't look in the least familiar, so I'm almost positive that's going to happen. I finally decided to click on one of those email links I've been getting and I fell right into a gaggle of eHP folks in the tour thread.....somehow that didn't surprise me, either.

So.....I'm here. I read just back a few pages (mea culpa etc. but I have to go iron my pants for a date tonight with my husband.....time's pressing right now.) BUT thank God! I found a room full of people who are making some sense. I can't do that quoting thing and have nice creases, too. But....seriously.....it's a frickin' TV show. OR at least it was last time I turned it on.

Oh, and I made a stop gap avatar from the only 90 x90 pixel picture I had in photobucket. I think I want one of those fancy moving ones this time but this will have to do till I learn how to make one.

:sickyet:

Hey Karen eh? WELCOME!!!! if you have any problems with the editor just pm me or post on the boards. Hope you jump in and join the discussion. Yup it is a TV show...and shouldn't raise such emotions anymore. Personally, I just watch it for entertainment, haven't felt invested in any contestant since Clay and at first the Idol give back project kinda made me roll my eyes too. Then I thought...why not! they get a lot of audience, why not use it to raise awareness and if raises AI buzz who cares if some great charities benefit from it. I can't see how it can hurt. I never really thought too much about Clay being on there except to wonder if he got UNICEF involved or if he will make an appearance. But now, I find myself defending this show because of the extreme reaction towards aproject thats suppose to bring some good...I just have to shake my head about it.

hee love that avatar...its very profound....

and hey that simon and puppy picture does look cute....

Do you hear that? That driving rhythmic sound of Freddy Mercury and Co.?

Dun dun DUN...another one bites the dust...

Dun dun DUN...another one bites the dust...

Oh another one down, another one down...another one bites the dust

HEY!

etc.

Welcome, Karen Eh? !!! NOpe, not nearly sick of you yet. (But here's an important question for you: do I really have to include the "?" at the end of your board name every time I type it?)

I think it's great that Simon likes animals. I think it's a riot that he's helping the cause of neutering animals. B):lol: :em0100: :cryingwlaughter::hahaha:

I also think you have a point, CG, when you say that we don't know what Simon does with his money or his time, regarding any charitable works. I HAVE read from more than one print article that people who know him say he's actually a very generous man. I doubt he goes around spewing "SIMON-ISMS" all the time in his real life. His 'asshole judge' persona is a money maker for the show and gives him a chance to be brutally honest, which he seems to enjoy doing. Win-win for him and the show.

By the way, during my lunch with my Albuquerque acquaintance earlier, she voiced her similar opinion of the declining quality and 'integrity' of AI. She said she thinks this year's batch of contestants have few if any really talented people and that the majority of those left are 'downright pitiful'. She added that it's not just their lack of singing talent, either. Nobody 'grabs' her. She said that the show seems to be more "circus" now that talent show.

And I swear I didn't tell her to say those things. I merely asked her, "So are you watching AI this year?" She, obviously an intelligent woman of discerning taste (Exhibit A: She loves Clay; Exhibit B: She wanted to take me to lunch.), so I'm just giving credit where it is due.

Well, is there room for another opinion? I think AI is a huge money-grubbing fame-ho machine (which is just good business) and I will contribute to IGB - but they are giving off a fame-ho vibe, and I find it icky - AND it has nothing to do with Clay.

Not one little bit. Nada.

To me, it is all "Look how fabulous and caring WE are!!!!!".

I really can keep that opinion of mine seperate from my decision to donate. Really, I can.

And if I had to vote to contribute, I would not contribute, I would just donate more to Clay.

I don't agree with all the vitriol in other places, but if it is required to suddenly get all misty-eyed about A.I., I can't do it.

Like I said, I will contribute, but I have no intention of watching. Or feeling kindly.

And Simon has said too many nasty little things about too many people over the years for a cute lil puppy to suddenly make him endearing.

I am not so sure that all the ill-will is based on Clay, I really think that is too simplistic.

Yeah, some of the posts are putting down the cause, but most are putting down AI - which is totally different, IMO.

I actually think AI has been v. good to Clay, and I am enjoying the hysterically funny:

"He must distance himself from AI!!!!!!"

"Oh Noooo.....Clay must be on AI for the children!!!!!! But distantly!!!!!"

"Those bastards!!!!! They didn't ask him!!!! So he could turn them down, from afar!!!!!"

(Goes off to open a bottle of Merlot and sip, defiantly. And alone. Heh, and I won't have to share!)

Edited by djs111

see djs11 I don't really have any argument with what you said. As I said I too rolled my eyes about it when I first heard about IGB and I do not deny the fact that this is a lot of patting in the back for AI and it is probably done to get a lot of goodwill and ratings for the franchise and so on. But what gets to me is the attitude that AI cannot be doing this for any good reason because they are evil for treating Clay so badly. That is the vibe I am getting from other boards. Granted that is not coming from all of them but its coming out loud and clear to me from a very vocal minority. What gets to me is when people are immediately quesitoning the business practice of AI and suggesting that the charities might not get the majority of the money. I find that accusation so distasteful because it suggest criminal intent and that could be very detrimental to the project and all because of the anomaly???

Being Canadian...I do not vote so that won't even be a factor. I am not donating to it cos I am donating to the afghanistan fund instead...but I do hope it becomes succesful and they get a lot of money because ultimately...the money will go to something good and the awareness raised will hopefully lead to more good things done for the cause.

It won't change my feelings for how boring this season is turning out to be and the most entertaining thing about it a s 17 yr old kid that have ok vocals. It won't change the fact that I am really getting turned off by Ryan...and really hate how he sells the IGB every week...But I am still glad they are doing this...I defintiely think its better than doing nothing and just raking in the ad revenues every week.

Ryan did say last night that News Corp., which is the parent company of Fox, had pledged $5 million. Yeah, they probably make that much in commercial sales for each show*, but at least it's something. As for me, I donated directly to UNICEF, because my boyfriend asked me to and I'm a mindless drooling drone. "Yes Master"....

:loveletter:

Seriously, I think it's perfectly valid to be concerned about excessive adminstrative costs and how the money is going to be distributed. As others have stated, I just don't understand the ongoing need to vilify AI et al.

*I actually have no clue what AI makes in ad sales per show, other than a buttload of money. I'm not exactly sure how much that is, though. It's sort of like trying pin down the precise meaning of "Soon." ;)

I actually have no clue what AI makes in ad sales per show, other than a buttload of money. I'm not exactly sure how much that is, though.

Bottle, I think it depends on whose butt is being used to determine the size of said 'buttload'. For example, my buttload is quite different from someone else's buttload, and actually it's too bad I don't have MY buttload of money. Because then I could buy out the whole fuckin' American Idol franchise and THEN I'd show them how to run a fuckin' franchise the RIGHT way!

KAndre casually snatches djs' merlot, takes a big swig and goes "Ptui! Gimme some Ice Wine!"

Hell, I don't think anyone has to suddenly (or gradually) like AI - I just think a lot of the vitriol is over the top - Wait! I've come up with a crappy (heh!) metaphor...simile...some English thingie.

AI is the pile of crap/compost and every so often the fertilizer produces a really lovely bloom - Kelly, Clay, Ruben (I like Ruben), Bo, Sanjaya (I like Sanjaya too - not enough to ever buy anything he puts out but enough to watch him and be proud when he's not as bad as expected), occasional entertainment, money for charity. I'll stick on my hipwaders and collect my flowers (can I confess that the "blades of grass" phrase used didn't thrill me that much? I swear I've seen it someplace else and it didn't strike me as particularly deep either), and have a nice convenience pile to throw nice organic crap on!

Hey! I spent like a whole minute coming up with that!

I want a "my buttload" of money too. In case someone's giving it away. I'll even let you measure!