# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

Good luck to all purchasing tickets today. I understand you "Philly Meers" have your special instructions. LOL

It is sure nice to know that I am not the only one who felt a little bit pissed, and had to roll my eyes, by the actions of a few yesterday. I could not believe, well, yes I guess I can, that a few arrogant, conceited, egotistical fans would write to UNICEF, and show them the error of their ways, for having the audacity to refer to the fans as Claymates. A term that they were probably given to by Clay himself. I would guess that 99 percent of Clay's fans have no problem with it, but were insulted yesterday by this one percent, who does. You know you don't have to like the term or call yourselves that. But to give the impression to UNICEF, or anyone, that the term Claymate, is applied to some sort of low life under belly of the fandom, is not acceptable to me. I could write them and tell them how offended this Claymate is that they put a link to a certain blog, that is ran and supported by a few fans that I think are always trying to micro manage Clay's career for him. I could show them the error of their ways about that. Yep, I could give them a real education. But then that would be just as childish and high schoolish as that one percent who complains about being lumped in with those dreadful Claymates. You know? Those awful low life people who helped to raise that thermometer on UNICEF to 75 percent yesterday. Or I could just send them this link to the largest Claymate message board out there. They can read for themselves how this act angered a few Claymates yesterday. Hoping I didn't insult anyone here who does not like the term Claymate.

http://p071.ezboard.com/ftheclayboardfrm11...cID=89420.topic

Lots of unhappiness with the ticket sale - I am always surprised that they are not prepared for the ticket sale - does no one else have such "enthusiastic" fans that they try and get the best seats eveh! I would think that they do. Perhaps they havefans that just want to be in the theater. I can understand about the people who are driving up from Delaware - aren't there still 3 dates to be announced? Am I panickking and extrapolating.

I think it is a weird tour pattern this time, I wonder if it is just the fact that it is a shorter tour with fewer dates or if the orchestras really complicate things - like a bunch that might not like to perform oudoors or ??/.

I saw this in the CB thread that seemed OK to me:

Clay fan is a broader term than Claymate, so is probably the best term for Unicef to use. Clay fan is a generic term that covers a lot of people; Claymate is a "nickname" that is generally applied by the media. Not everyone likes their nicknames. I don't think it would be unreasonable for some posters to prefer a generic term over a nickname that they didn't coin themselves.

To give a little info on the change, Butterflyshine, a mod at OFC, said that while she was emailing Unicef to get a Canadian link, she suggested that some fans prefer to be called Clay fans, not Claymates. The change at the Unicef fieldnotes was in response to that email (which I'm sure was very polite since BFS is a polite poster). This is what she posted at CV:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was emailing with a UNICEF rep re a link for Canadian donations and requested that they change it...they apologized as they were unaware that some did not like the term and changed it to Clay fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more generic term is probably more appropriate for this site, especially since many Unicef contributors for this initiative may not even be Clay fans. I persuaded my sister to contribute yesterday. She is not a Claymate or a Clay fan. She has an interest in Unicef and its initiatives. For all I know, she's never heard of the term Claymate, but the term Clay fan is obvious (i.e. fan of Clay Aiken). As a contributor, the field notes and thank you are meant for her as well as for those of us who call ourselves Claymates, Clay Dawgs, Clay Nation, broads, meers, Claymaniacs, etc. So I personally don't have a problem with the term Claymate, but I think this change to the generic term Clay fan was a very good one for Unicef to make.

So it wasn't like a fan whining but a polite conversation with a casual mention that led to a change.

Personally, I prefer not to be called a Claymate, but wouldn't put down anyone who called themselves that. I wish the term Clay Nation were more universal. Guys just aren't going to become Claymates--although I've got to admit the JBT jokes during his looking for a guy segment-- "You're a Claymate, admit it," were funny.

I don't care about the term "Claymate" one way or the other, but I understand Clayzorback's annoyance at the attitude that the word is an "untouchable" - especially by those who imply that they sent bitchy email and demanded a change and that their demands work (and that was not BFS who did seem reasonable). I looked at the implication and decided they didn't actually send anything - they just want to collect pats on the back. Eh.

From the CH - a Kim Locke interview where she talks about the past and....... another chrity auction that is going to sell something that Clay fans will want!!!!! A clothes off your back from the AI2 and other years!

And other revalation that Frenchie was asked to leave due to a picture with a sponsors product! It's all about money!

Yay for her saying season 2 was the best!

I actually have grown very fond of the term Claymate but if UNICEF sent out an appeal to their database and not some list gotten from the OFC then I'm glad they changed the term because it's limiting (gender wise) and doesn't reflect who may be giving (people concerned about the people of Afghanistan) I can only hope and pray that it was respectfully requested.

OK keep your fingers crossed for Ansa and I...FCA goes black on Monday. We have lots of work to do this weekend. And hopefully we won't be as unfit to live as those uncompetent people over at the OFC who are of course the only people in the world that ever makes a mistake on their jobs. LOL. Just my little way of saying... I really don't know what I'm doing but how hard can it be, right?

and eeeeeeeeeeeeeee... Clay should go over the top today and he doesn't even need my money.LOL. It's really hard not to whip out a credit card but I'm making a concerted effort to pay mine off so he'll have to wait until pay day.

I can't get to the KKO link for some reason. What of Clay's will be auctioned off...

Ahhh. Butterflyshine. Is this the same Butterflyshine who wanted Clay to give a shout out to a certain someone who gets more hits on her blog than he does. WTH? Kind of a thing is that to yell to Clay? What did he tell her? Something about her speaking gibberish? :cryingwlaughter: I was proud of him for that.

Thanks jmh123. I did not see/read that and didn't know she was the responsible party. However, I, personally, resent her interference. JMO but she should not of taken it upon herself to speak for all the fans in the fandom. I suspect Clay will not be impressed by this either. He probably told UNICEF that his fans call themselves Claymates. He trade marked the name. I am just tired of people trying to associate the term Claymate as a vile thing to be. There is a time and there is a place to gripe about this and I don't think doing it in response to a UNICEF plea from Clay, is the place. JMO I'm not trying to put down anyone who doesn't care for the term. I'm just expressing my disgust about some people trying to attach a stigma to those fans who don't have a problem with it. I am not an over the top zealot nor one of "those type" people that some want to distance themselves from and apply the term Claymate too. I don't email every Tom-Dick-Harry about every slight diss to Clay and I don't wear antlers or gaudy Clay stuff to concerts. BUT I do have an affection for the term Claymate. I like it. I think it is cute. I don't go around with a Claymate license plate on my car, but I am not ashamed to be associated with the term. I resent being lumped into that definition that some fans have of Claymates, and that want everybody else to have. Thanks Kandre for understanding what I mean.

Hope I don't have to experience :Tour4: Of course, I don't know if I will get a tour near me or not. Hee I'm still patiently waiting for info and confirmation for Tulsa and Nokia.

Thanks playbiller for the link. I always liked Kim Locke. I also liked Trenyce. I kept hoping to see her pop up with a record label somewhere. Or has she, and I don't know about it?

:Tour4:

This morning was one of the most nerve-racking days of ticket buying ever! It was the general sale for West Palm Beach - a show 2 of my friends and I are on thinking of going to depending on whether Orlando is the last concert - and the presale for Philly. Since we had totally bombed out during the presale for West Palm, we were forced into this mess.

One person kept trying to get the WPB venue on the phone. We all had one window open for the WPB venue online site, one for Ticketmaster for WPB and the two of us going to Philly had one open for that site too.

THEY ALL CRASHED!!!! Ticketmaster kept going up and down, but only really crappy seats came up. The Philly site kept saying "server error". They would NOT take phone orders even when you pleaded that their site had crashed! The phone line to WPB was busy, busy, busy!

Finally we had some success. My friend on the phone with WPB got through. We were offered 2 sets of seats but of course when we decided which ones we wanted they were gone! So we ended up in row Q in the center. That's 23 rows back! But at least its in the center. And we didn't have to pay TM fees.

I was finally able to get something sort of decent for Philly. I grabbed 2 seats in section A of the orchestra, but the right section and the seats are on the far right side of that section. They are at least in Row G, so that's not too bad. From what I remember at that venue the side section isn't terrible and Clay always seems to do a pretty good job of working the entire stage. I'll try the general sale anyway - just in case.

Now I am exhausted. I had to get up early on a Saturday, which I never do! What this man makes me do is insane! At least I have a break now before I have to try any other venues. I am really insane spending all this money when I may be unemployed at the time, but what the heck! I am being VERY careful about spending any other money.

This better be a good tour!

Now, I think I'll go take a nap!

Oh, this:

OK keep your fingers crossed for Ansa and I...FCA goes black on Monday.

Good luck guys! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Does going black me I will be in severe withdrawal that day???

Clay Aiken Returns From Afghanistan

United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Goodwill Ambassador and singer Clay Aiken just returned to his hometown of Raleigh from his first visit to Afghanistan, where he aimed to raise awareness about the hope and promise he has seen in the young people of the war-torn country.

"We welcome him to Afghanistan, since he arrived in Afghanistan I know Clay has had a chance to see for himself some of the grass roots health and education projects that UNICEF is delivering in Afghanistan in order to raise awareness and vital funds for UNICEF's ongoing work," said Aleem Siddique of UNICEF's UNAMA program.

Edited by playbiller

I am so happy to see lots of opinions coming out about a lot of topics. I think that is what makesa board really exciting is when there is a sharing of opinions this way. So keep it coming guys....

Although I do understand why some people are upset with the term claymates...I do get tired of all the whining about it too. That post you quoted jmh was pretty reasonable but I doubt if all the posts and emails about it were as reasonable. It just seems like some fans would like to completely make that word disappear and the fact is...lots of fans do like the term. I think more fans really don't care one way or the other...I am in that category myself with Kandre. But whenever they do protest about it with such intensity...it really makes people who started it and like it seem all wrong or even somewhat inferior for liking it. So yeah I do understand where you are coming from Clayzorback.

OK keep your fingers crossed for Ansa and I...FCA goes black on Monday. We have lots of work to do this weekend. And hopefully we won't be as unfit to live as those uncompetent people over at the OFC who are of course the only people in the world that ever makes a mistake on their jobs. LOL. Just my little way of saying... I really don't know what I'm doing but how hard can it be, right?

Just to clarify that is the FCA website and won't be affecting this MB. They are on different servers.

Play thanks for the link...that was interesting.

Hey, Play.......thanks for the link, listening now. So Clay, Ruben and Kim (as well as some other idols) will be involved in a Clothes Off Our Backs thing, auctioning off their clothes from AI2, in conjunction with a charity Kim is involved with, called Camp Heartland, for kids effected or affected by HIV/AIDs. That's so cool!

ETA: Kim talks about her song, "Change", and says it is available on iTunes, but I can't find it. Does anyone know if it's available somewhere?

Clayzorback, I totally understand your rant about the removal of the "Claymate" word. Personally, the word doesn't bother me at all, but I don't go around referring to myself that way. What does bother me is the hate that some fans seem to have for it. It's just a word, people! And one that Clay seems quite comfortable with.

What's bothering me more the past few days is the way some are comparing Clay to Jesus, whether for his appearance, or his Afghani garb, or the petal-throwing, or whatever. It's just wrong, to me.

I had more ticket success this morning for Canandaigua! So far, so good. :Tour3:

Edited by luckiest1

Does going black me I will be in severe withdrawal that day???

No, just the website..this does not affect the forum.

Anyway, ticket buying stress. I can relate. What's so funny is that one time my sister entrusted me with the task of buying her Prince tickets. Talk about stress free. I kep throwing tickets back until I got her something somewhat decent...of course decent is all relative because if it were for a Clay show they would have been inadequate. hee. Row 23 center are great seats. Heck all my seats for NAT were like that and I had a blast.

Howdy! Well, the group of 200 left a couple of hours ago and I've set up the group of 27 for the afternoon. Got my little table outside their meeting room and my laptop and wireless internet throughout the hotel. :allgood:

Ticket? Hmmm.....I just posted on CH to take my name off the list for Philly and felt an humongous wave of relief wash over me. Too weird. No way I can go to that concert, so I'll be bypassing that particular :Tour4: ...So, what's next? I have no idea which concert's sales are coming.

The sun finally came out here in Albuquerque today...if the facilitators of this group weren't so freakin' needy and such PAINS in the ASS :angry22: , I'd be outside checking out the city and it's awesome Native American merchandise that is calling to me.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I feel like a freakin' babysitter with these two adult "professional" women.

OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Clay Aiken is hot. :hubbahubba:

THere. I feel better.

Edited by muskifest

I'm working on transferring all of my IT tour info..and came across this quote that made me smile...maybe it will make ya'll forget your ticket stress:

They're like some wholesome version of the Deadheads, those neo-hippies who followed the Grateful Dead around the country like nomads, only ClayMates' high is natural. (Doug Pullen-Flint Journal Review)

Congrats Claygasm and luckiest1 on getting your tickets. 23rd row center isn't bad.

Couch Tomato I bet you and Ansamcw will get switched over without a problem. Surely you're better than imbeciles at OFC. LOL

I agree with you luckiest about comparing Clay to Jesus. That sort of thing always freaks me out and is a bit "out there." Hee I remember that quote you posted. Wholesome Dead Heads. LOL

I am so happy to see Clay made it back home safely. What a great success for him. I wonder how far he will surpass his goal?

muskifest I'm glad you have some sunshine. This is the second week in a row that I have had a three day weekend and we are having cold temps here. Where the heck is Spring? I'm cold blooded by nature and I can barely stand anything below 70 degress. Burrrrr..........

Ya'll probably should send Ansa some hugs becaue she's dealing with an idiot today. Sigh.

75 degrees is my favorite/most perfect temperature... It doesn't normally get too extremely warm where I live but if I could have 70 degrees all year round I'd be a happy camper. Today is cold and rainy and miserable. Did anyone check the unicef page? Do they work the weekends? Heee..I want to see it blow through that 100K roof.

Ya'll probably should send Ansa some hugs becaue she's dealing with an idiot today. Sigh.

For Ansa...... :elephanthugs: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Don't let the idiots get you down!

Did anyone check the unicef page? Do they work the weekends? Heee..I want to see it blow through that 100K roof.

He's almost there!!! $100,000 in maybe 3 Days?

How cool! :rainbowsmile:

It looks as if the UNICEF page is at about 90%! Woohoo for the Claymates....uh, Clay Nation!

My niece's wedding went off without a hitch (there's a joke in there somewhere...heh) today. 85 degrees, sunny and breezy. It still looks to be in the low 40's at my home, though -- can't wait to get there. *sigh* Anyway, my husband and I have had a great trip, and now it's time to pack up and head for home tomorrow. At least we've got a direct flight tomorrow, which will be nice.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to all my FCA friends. I haven't read much in other places these past few days (it's not like I do read these places anymore, but work with me here....), but I know that I'm just happy to be in this place. R-E-S-P-E-C-T, as Aretha sang.

Can't wait to get home, though -- just to reply to all your wonderful posts!

{{{{{{{{{{Ansa}}}}}}}}}}}

I swear to god I can.not. keep up with this board. I’m like 18 pages behind in this thread alone.

I scored two truly crappy Philadelphia tickets this morning…like in row yyy … behind a pole. I am very Zen about it. I’m in the house and I have ears... (and binoculars).

*ommmm*

Clay can be exhausting.

I scored two truly crappy Philadelphia tickets this morning…like in row yyy … behind a pole. I am very Zen about it. I'm in the house and I have ears... (and binoculars).

*ommmm*

Clay can be exhausting.

LOL..congrats you have reached perfection!!

This is what Ansa has had to listen to today..

Ansa, how do I (insert 50 questions here) including then 50 more responses that go something like Ansa but I did that, why isn't it showing up?

and let's not forget...

Ansa, what's my password again?

back to work

Discussion elsewhere on why the flow of snark stopped - and really, IMO, no one has topped the early days, especially Gregoire - the gospel according to Clay or whatever, it was on Sucks.

My opinion why the snark stopped being funny and/or appreciated? The early stuff poked fun at the fans. Gentle fun was made of Clay - and what was funny was peoples' PERCEPTION of Clay, not Clay himself. And Clay's family and friends did not suffer slings and arrows.

Anyway, here is an old skit of mine - beware the Snark!

"Aaaaand now....next up on Dr. Phil.....a ClayMate with a problem!"

A 30-ish (shut up!) woman strolls out nonchalantly from backstage, holding a large vodka tonic in one hand, and shielding her face with the Clay Aiken fan in her other hand (no, a paper fan, silly, she is by herself! If I, um SHE, wanted to use an actual body, she would get one from the OFC).

Dr. Phil starts to give her the obligatory welcoming hug.

She smacks him sharply in the forehead with her fan, and says "Keep your hands to yourself! and I TOLD you not to have me introduced as a Claymate!!"

Phil staggers back to his seat, and says, warily, "Welcome to the show! I understand you are appearing on condition of anonymity - how should I address you?"

Anon. Clay fan: djs222.

Phil: djs222? Is there some meaning to that?

djs222: No, it is just a clever pseudonym. They'll never guess who I am! Especially if I don't bold it!

Phil: Why do you need to hide your real name?

djs222: Well, I am hoping to not have a tour of my home (with dismissive

comments on the decor) posted on the internet, or have my tax returns

faxed to a radio station in Raleigh.

Phil: Goodness, are you sure your problem is not just simple paranoia?

djs222: Haha!! Ten minutes after your booking agent told your assistant's

cousin's best friend's dentist that a Clay fan was going to appear on

your show, a tour of your home and office were up on the 'net.....with

suggestions on how to make your decor more "you", along with a list of people

deemed more suitable to be in your immediate family and circle of

friends.

And floorplans.

And Bill & Sherri are discussing the questionability of some of

your tax deductions, on the air, even as we speak.

And Perez Hilton says you are his secret squeeze.

And someone bought your underwear on eBay.

And your dish ran away with the spoon.

Phil: But, but, but....how could complete strangers know what decor is "me"?

And I LOVE the family I have! And that was my favorite dish! I don't

understand!!!

djs222: Heeee. That'll teach you to write a book!

Phil: Okaaay.....now, if you will just sit still we will try and keep that blue

circle superimposed over the picture seen at home...oh, okay, just

freshen up that drink......

A loud ringtone interrupts...(Broken Wings)...djs222 says "excuse me a moment", and answers her

cell..."Yes, this is the closest seat I could get to Dr. Phil - pretty good, eh? No, I can't do a cell cert from up here! That would bend the laws of time and space or something! What? The blue doesn't look right? Try green?" she gestures to the technicians, who obligingly use

green. "Oh, wait....orange? no, red? can someone set up a poll?"

The viewers at home are treated to a cross between a light show and a Wonder Bread wrapper ....the results are in! Blue it is!

Phil: Does this much obsessive (smack!), er, nit-picky (sharp rap!),

um, creative and enthusiastic (good boy!) attention get bestowed on everything? Surely not!

djs222 (in her best Jeremy Irons impression): You have NO idea!

Phil: So! What is the specific thing that is troubling you, and brings you here today, djs222?

djs222: Skits.

Phil: Skits? You mean a short, usually comic dramatic performance or work?

djs222: Yep!

Phil:. What is the problem?

djs222: Well, I am not sure what to do....all the skits used to be really funny, and we poked fun at ourselves a lot! Fractured Fairy Tales! stuff like that. There were even sexy, overbearing, manipulative cows! Who always ended up with Prince Clay! BITCH!!!

Phil: What has changed?

(A banner starts to scroll across the bottom of the screen - IMO YMMV *g* IMO YMMV *g* IMO YMMV *g* IMO YMMV *g* IMO YMMV *g* IMO YMMV *g* IMO YMMV *g* )

djs222: Well, some of the skits now seem - to me - to be a bit insulting towards some people and that really ruins the fun, for me; or some skits seem to really be more like complaints, and kind of bitter. Or are just thinly disguised 'shipping.

Phil: Like this skit?"

djs222: Exactly!!!!!!!!!

Phil: Well, just don't read them! or just read the ones you like!

djs222: Haha! Easy for you to say!

Phil: Well, then, just don't comment on them!

djs222: Haha! Easy for you to say!

Phil: But, what if you are too uncomfortable with or disagree with the material in a skit? Or, (gasp!) have no content?

djs222: Haha! That is why I'm here! YOU tell ME what to do!

.......a dead silence ensues.........

Phil: Say, can I have one of those drinks?

djs222: Sure! Hey, wanna see the American Idol Numa Numa Dance?

And the camera cuts away, as djs222 and Dr. Phil huddle over a laptop, drinking and laughing and

making jazz hands.

JMO and all that! Heeee!

And everybody should read Gregoire's Books of Clay over at the posterity section of the CH - too too funny! In fact, there is a lot of the old funny stuff in that section.

Edited by djs111