# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

I believe Fox rakes in about one-half billion a year on advertising on AI.

It is reported that Fox charged $1.3 MILLION for a 30-second ad during the finale.

Imagine all that money used for charity........

I don't know of any business - including one Mr. Clay Aiken - who gives every single penny they earn to charity! Clay didn't build his 9000 square foot house on charity!

I look at it this way. They earn HUGE dollars because they are one of the most successful TV shows in history and they are CHOOSING to give back, to try and do something good with the power their success has given them. Maybe it will inspire other successful TV shows to do the same.

IMO, :allgood:

I don't begrudge them making butt loads of money. Hell, I wish I did! At least they are doing some good with their success.

I don't hate AI. Clay doesn't seem to hate AI, or I doubt he would appear on their show. I don't see where AI has been anything but good to Clay. I even like Simon - always have. I always felt the Simon we see is like a character an actor plays. We don't see the real Simon. We don't know the real Simon. And I am sorry, but anyone who gives time, effort and money to help animals has a good heart in my book!

But even if you hate AI, the kind of hatred I have seen spewing from people's mouths is just downright scary! Almost irrational! Let's just put it this way. I am glad they don't own guns and go to school.

(can I confess that the "blades of grass" phrase used didn't thrill me that much? I swear I've seen it someplace else and it didn't strike me as particularly deep either)

Honey, you can confess anything you want to! The metaphor was fo sho not particularly deep or original. It was, IMO, very appropriate for both the context AND the targeted audience. And my boyfriend said it so 'nuf said. <g>

I'm torn. Here in my hotel room. The evening is here---free time. I feel sorta guilty just staying in my room. I mean, I could be checking out Albuquerque---seeing local offerings, etc. Should I see if any of my colleagues are up for anything? Or should I just be a lump and surf the net, or write something or read a vapid magazine or watch a stupid television show or take a hot bath while sipping some wine the hotel sent me or...

wait a minute. :o

I am torn no longer. ;)

My heart is hurting over this too, ansa.

:garfieldodie-grouphug: to all that needs them. DJS, everything I said today is just my general impressions of the show. I'm not watching it so don't know how they are selling this thing. But I'm not surprised that it's kinda tacky. AI is tacky. I also think they probably put a lot of thought into what they are doing, has good legal advisors, and aren't going to mix the money in with Seacrest's hair products, or Paula's therapy sessions.

I have a feeling when I hit submit, this is going to go up with that dreaded "Posts 1" thing over there in that post counter spot. This box I'm typing in doesn't look in the least familiar, so I'm almost positive that's going to happen. I finally decided to click on one of those email links I've been getting and I fell right into a gaggle of eHP folks in the tour thread.....somehow that didn't surprise me, either.

So.....I'm here. I read just back a few pages (mea culpa etc. but I have to go iron my pants for a date tonight with my husband.....time's pressing right now.) BUT thank God! I found a room full of people who are making some sense. I can't do that quoting thing and have nice creases, too. But....seriously.....it's a frickin' TV show. OR at least it was last time I turned it on.

Oh, and I made a stop gap avatar from the only 90 x90 pixel picture I had in photobucket. I think I want one of those fancy moving ones this time but this will have to do till I learn how to make one.

:sickyet:

thread title! Heee just kidding. Welcome Karen eh. loved your entire first post. But really, a date with your husband over going back a few weeks and reading so many wonderful, intelligent, smutty, and funny posts? No soooooper sekrit info for you. heee For those that don't know Karen...she's one of the fandom's best photographers.

I actually think AI has been v. good to Clay, and I am enjoying the hysterically funny:

"He must distance himself from AI!!!!!!"

"Oh Noooo.....Clay must be on AI for the children!!!!!! But distantly!!!!!"

"Those bastards!!!!! They didn't ask him!!!! So he could turn them down, from afar!!!!!"

(Goes off to open a bottle of Merlot and sip, defiantly. And alone. Heh, and I won't have to share!)

Heeee

but if you have a bottle of Merlot, I know enough about this group to know that we will not let you drink alone..heeee

I'm torn. Here in my hotel room. The evening is here---free time. I feel sorta guilty just staying in my room. I mean, I could be checking out Albuquerque---seeing local offerings, etc. Should I see if any of my colleagues are up for anything? Or should I just be a lump and surf the net, or write something or read a vapid magazine or watch a stupid television show or take a hot bath while sipping some wine the hotel sent me or...

wait a minute. :o

I am torn no longer. ;)

Was there ever any question????

I meant to say welcome to Karen Eh? and one reason is I so want to take this opportunity to thank her for her gorgeous pictures! The ones from this past Christmas tour were some of the best I have ever seen. This one was my wallpaper until it was replaced with a gala picture. Thank you so much for sharing! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

th_hotavatar.jpg

That face does not look like the face of a man that would condone hate of any kind, and would probably be really disturbed if that hate was spewed in his name.

I have had 2 glasses of a nice syrah and may go for another.

Or maybe chocolate.

Or maybe both.....

Well, that was quick. I just got a UNICEF email from Clay:

Hello Friend,

I've been visiting UNICEF field locations in Afghanistan for the past week. Today, I'm writing to tell you what I've seen and ask for your help.

On my trip, I met Fwazia (we’re in the picture on the right). She is 11 years old. Fwazia attends a unique school where boys and girls from grades 1-9 share classes and study in the open. The school is in urgent need of funds to buy tents and materials for a new building. This will give more children the opportunity to get an education.

Let's aim high and work together to raise $100,000 in 10 days to support UNICEF's work in Afghanistan. Join me in standing with UNICEF to support the kids of Afghanistan.

Give online with confidence. If you contribute $50 or more by April 22nd, UNICEF will e-mail you my exclusive field report, in a PDF file format, with some of my own photos from the trip that won't appear anywhere else. As my personal thanks to those of you who are able to donate $1,000 or more, we'll mail an autographed copy of my report.

The children in Afghanistan need help now. Please join me in making a donation today.

A little higher-res version of the website photo was included,

clay3627.jpg

WHAT?!?!?!??!?! HE sent YOU that email, too?

I swear, I never would've figured him to be the cheatin' type. :angry22:

LOL... wow... my 20 just went up to 50. what a treat.

I thought I was his ONLY friend!!!

:cry4:

Just for that I'm not sending in $1000 for the autographed copy of his field report!

bwah!!

and forget what I said earlier about raising the 100grand. Throw in a date for those that give over 10K and he can raise a million. LOL

Clay, Clay, Clay......so you think you can buy me? Offering a paltry picture or two for $50 dollars? Oh boy where is that debit card?

Hee! I just got off the phone with my hubby (John) and told him I will be seeing some of the eHP this weekend. I also told him very nicely that I will be having a Claycentric house party on the 5/6/7 July. Now this man travels all and I mean all of the time. He only comes home about once a month, brings home a paycheck and then leaves! (Sigh! you have to do what you have to do!)

He is such a sweetie because he said he'd better find somewhere to go that weekend, if he was home. He said that the girls probably would like Juan the pool man but not John the pool man*g*

Help! Im in the middle of a Clayversion and I can't seem to find downloads of Clay during AI 2 with only HIS performances each week. Does anybody have a link to such an animal?

I thought chachatrusty had the youtube links to all of them on claymatized...

You know how we were talking about secrets and I said it is not a secret unless you kept it. I was reading about how this was posted on a green faced persons board quite awhile ago. Like I said - unless you trust your bank account number, you should not trust someone else's life in a secret. Egotistical idiots. No worse than idiots- gossips - old biddies getting their thrills.

Hey Muski I have a new plot twist for you. I am spoilering Jon Stewart - so fans skip this if you don't want to be spoilered. He is interviewing this guy who wrote a book about people who lived in Redwoods three hundred feet above the ground and he was talking about the quality of life up there - somehow the conversation came around to somwthing he called the 300 feet club and said it was accomplished with ropes??? I guess some people have to try everything!

Anyway, then Jon Stewart starts talking about how people feel disgusted when a bird drops something on your head, but think how disgusted yo uwould be if somethiong else dropped on your head BWAH. Anyway, there you have it, a new plot twist.

Edited by playbiller

Just about every night I come on here to catch up with the only intelligent conversation going on in the fandom that I have found. This place is a depository of stuff worth knowing, and I love the good humor. I haven't given up on OFCMB yet ... but it's not a compelling or fun place to be unless Clay blogs or there's other big news in the fandom. I'm disgusted with OFC posters who take a sanctimonious tone while proliferating crappy logic, far-fetched fantasies and exercising what I consider to be piss poor judgment, but even more put off by the people that predictably Word! Amen! and Ditto! their incessant regurgitations of indigestible CRAP, sayeth the Raven.

I feel almost grateful that I've been so overwhelmed with a current work project that I'm unaware of the fan controversy over IGB, or AI altogether. It sticks in my mind that Clay said on Larry King Live last fall regarding AI that he would be on that show every week if he could -- that he loved every minute he was on AI. Hey, I loved every minute he was on the show, too! And especially the last time -- the two minutes seen round the world. I hate to be a bore about it, but I just can't overemphasize what the finale last year did to me. I was already a Clay lover, but it put me way over the top. It was strange to find so many jaded fans on the OFC when I joined up, but none of them have ever affected my feelings. Shoot, I was ignorant enough to think I could infuse some enthusiam in some of the naysayers. Silly me, little did I realize at the time that they were fully invested in being negative, in expecting the worst, and in jumping to wild conclusions. I was accused more than once or twice of insinuating that others were bad fans ... but actually I think they were insinuating that about themselves. Otherwise, why the defensiveness? So there I was revved up to the max and reading a lot of whining that Clay is done and the fun is over. My opinion is .. stick a fork in 'em ... they are the ones that are DONE. Clay, however, is another story completely, and a fantastic story he is. In my eyes, he's still unfolding and every layer revealed makes him more interesting than before. He's a paradox, a steadfast chameleon, a man who revels in change yet is unwavering in his principles. He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at. I do have my preferences with his hair and beard, but anymore I just can't wait to see what he's going to do next. Because it will be interesting.

It feels good to stretch out and enjoy my Clay love here at FCA, without angst, paranoia and delusions hovering about. One of these days, soon, and by soon I mean in about 10 days, I'm going to wrap this project and have a few less stressful months to enjoy being a fan, exulting over the chance to see Clay live for the first time ever in Houston this summer, and just enjoying the level of discourse at this forum, participating more, and using some of these cool emoticons.

Did I mention that my job is driving me nuts right now?

:drugsneeded:

Edited by keepingfaith

keepingfaith - my sympathies on the job stuff. That I can understand.

Ya'll were so good last time..>The Way We Make a Difference..is that the ticket giveaway site. Doesn't someone at CH run it? I forget who. Just wanna make sure it's still going on - and don't want to sign up for another site. I see the end of this rainbow.

Don't let your job get you down - I was so stressed I ended up in the hospital twice - once for high blood pressure, the second time for low blood pressure -actually that was pretty funny I went away to a clay concert and forgot my blood pressure machine and kept taking my pills, but I had such a good time at the parties and the concerts that I started sleeping a lot. When I got home, I felt very dizzy. My blood pressure was 60 over 30 and doropping. Too much Clay reduces your blood pressure - which I now know is not always a good thing. No, it means I bought a lot of machines noa and keep one always packed.

Life is too short to let work get to you, all they can do is fire you. Then you have more time for Clay!

Yes, that is the ticket site and someone does run it from the CH, It was active last JNT. I am sure it is still going strong. (Jojoct?) maybe)

Edited by playbiller

Let me just say how happy and proud I am to be a member of this board. You don't even know what it means to me to read what I've read here.

Without the board, I would have left the internet fandom long ago. I would have found the hatred, bitterness, viciousness, condescension, irrationality, paranoia, and overall negativity too painful to bear. I would have remained a fan, but I would have felt isolated and alone in my belief that the world (including RCA, AI, Diane Sawyer, Jay Leno,etc.) was NOT out to destroy Clay Aiken.

Too many presume too much. They sit behind their computers miles away from LA and haughtily insist that they really know what's going on. They don't, and it's infuriating to watch them gather approbation and adulation for spouting pure, unadulterated crap.

It is, however, life-affirming to see that there are still places in this world where Clay fans have maintained a sense of perspective. FCA, I salute you and thank you. You've stayed sane in an insane world.