# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

Thank you Ansamcw and YSRN. This part just makes me swell with pride. He knows his stuff and I love listening to him express his views, opinions, and observations. I love him so much. :da_best:

I could speak on and on about the different activities and programmes that we saw taking place, we did see a literacy centre for both young and old women who are learning to read now in post Taliban Bamiyan. Instead of pin pointing each and every experience that we had I think it’s more important to give you a sense of the overall feeling that we got. I have never in my life, and I’ve traveled with UNICEF to a number of countries and of course have seen all parts of my own [country], I have never in my life seen such a thirst and an excitement for learning, seeing children, women, men, boys and girls to be so excited about learning, to be so excited about being in school it’s actually something I know makes my former teacher [Mary Props] quite jealous! That kid’s are so excited about being in school and really being on the forefront of making sure that they have the best education possible and that’s exactly how and why I know that Afghanistan is such a powerful force to be reckoned with because the natural resource in its humans and the people who are thirsty for knowledge is just so evident.

I may have a tear in my eye. :cry4:

I will not sully this post with talk of that "other" place.

Oh dear Lord, that man continues to slay me. I was bringing the Afghanistan story over, too. (Bet he still has his beard, don't you?)...and I see that YSRN gave a link. Well, here it is again...let's give it lots of hits. Damn. He's so...

That last thing---the metaphor about the dry land and new green grass---the man's a romantic. He's a poet. Things like that and even some of the words in LAA make me KNOW he has such artistic beauty within him. I hope he continues to let it out.

Crap. How silly to read a freakin' press release and get all blurry-visioned and all.

Makes all the shit going on on the boards and over Dallas/Tulsa/Frisco/wherever seem pretty petty, although I do sympathize with those who've incurred real financial hit from the fiasco. It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site.

He's just so much more.

Clay in Afghanistan

Edited by muskifest

It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site.

He's just so much more.

Is this too long to nominate for thread title..........Muskifest I love this. Just love it. It is sooooo true.

Um, are you guys saying that this trip to Afghanistan was not set up by a personal PR person for the express purpose of holding a press conference so Clay could tell us about his new label and CD???????

That when he talks about Afghanistan in the SPRING it is actually because he is in Afghanistan in the SPRING?

Good golly!

Um, are you guys saying that this trip to Afghanistan was not set up by a personal PR person for the express purpose of holding a press conference so Clay could tell us about his new label and CD???????

That when he talks about Afghanistan in the SPRING it is actually because he is in Afghanistan in the SPRING?

Good golly!

I think he was hurriedly ushered out of the country so he wouldn't have to explain Dallas!

Makes all the shit going on on the boards and over Dallas/Tulsa/Frisco/wherever seem pretty petty, although I do sympathize with those who've incurred real financial hit from the fiasco. It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site.

He's just so much more.

Yeppers. He doesn't need people to fight for him. He's more than most of them. He's certainly more than me. I am humbled by him sometimes. For reals.

To finish that other thought... I used to be the one who would tell people who hated it, that the OFCMB was whatever we all made of it... if we wanted it to be different, then we needed to participate. Well, I honestly can say I gave it a whole-hearted try. But I do know when to quit. Those who enjoy that kind of board, or need it to fulfill whatever, can have it. And that's all I'm sayin' about that.

Hee, djs111. I noticed that too.

I remember reading a post some time ago in which a woman declared that because Clay was not going to perform near her, she would become a Constantine fan because HE cared enough to tour in area (for the AI tour). Guess what? She couldn't resist the excitement on the boards, and of course, the Clack was so inviting, that before you knew it, she was in the audience with everyone else.

If someone needs to tke Clay's concert schedule as a personal insult, it's hard to stop her. However, the Clack addiction is not always so easy to break.

I really wasn't expecting Clay to participate in the AI Idol Gives back dealie, even with the UNICEF connection, but in my mind, I think it's even more unlikely now. I would think any speaking Clay does on the UNICEF subject would be focused on Afghanistan (naturally), and Idol Gives Back is targeting Africa. Obviously, though, I know nothing. [Shut.Up.]

OMG! This works to perfection with my theory!! Diane Sawyer was in Afghanistan. Clay told Mama to watch because he was there too. Diane SAwyer was filming stuff involving Clay for a special feature when he's home safe and sound!! I KNEW he had to be there when he told Mama to watch and I knew if he knew Diane Sawyer was there it had to be more than a coincidence!

Ooooo! I hope I'm right! I have been wanted Diane Sawyer to profile Clay's UNICEF work.

YUP loves this theory...I will hope alongside you...

BWAH Djs11...man that spring sure creeps up so often...maybe, just maybe its because its actually y'know...hee...spring???

but yeah the spring analogy is very beautiful...and it does puts everything in perspective...

for those people pissed that Clay wasn't personally taking care of the Dallas mess...I guess the fact that the is across the globe being a humanitarian is a good enough excuse...

yeah know YSRN...you are so right about OFCMB...there is just a point when its not really worth your time. I am really glad that reasonable people like you did give it a try...but in the long run...you should put your own sanity and BP a priority.

Here is a quite serious question - what is the big deal about being "an insider" who knows that Clay was in Afghanistan? Is there some kind of creepy stalking game and people get points or something?

Oh, wait.

It's all about the Haves and and the Have Nots, isn't it? "I'm privy to "Inside" information that I can hint at and wink wink at my friends about because I'm so special and connected, dontcha know." Can you see my eyes rolling? You didn't have to be House to add up all the clues and diagnose the answer as "Afghanistan in the springtime" in this case.

Oh dear Lord, that man continues to slay me. I was bringing the Afghanistan story over, too. (Bet he still has his beard, don't you?)...and I see that YSRN gave a link. Well, here it is again...let's give it lots of hits. Damn. He's so...

That last thing---the metaphor about the dry land and new green grass---the man's a romantic. He's a poet. Things like that and even some of the words in LAA make me KNOW he has such artistic beauty within him. I hope he continues to let it out.

Crap. How silly to read a freakin' press release and get all blurry-visioned and all.

He's just so much more.

Clay in Afghanistan

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! I cheated and just quoted...my eyes seem to be leaking at the moment!

Here is a quite serious question - what is the big deal about being "an insider" who knows that Clay was in Afghanistan? Is there some kind of creepy stalking game and people get points or something?

Oh, wait.

It's all about the Haves and and the Have Nots, isn't it? "I'm privy to "Inside" information that I can hint at and wink wink at my friends about because I'm so special and connected, dontcha know." Can you see my eyes rolling? You didn't have to be House to add up all the clues and diagnose the answer as "Afghanistan in the springtime" in this case.

I also think that you have some fans that have a pathetic need to feel big and important. Maybe they don;t feel that in their RL so they have a need to do so in an internet community. Unfortunately...in this fandom...there are so many people who are so eager to know inside info that they would practically drool over people who claim they have info so this becomes a very valuable in the fandom. So how easy was it for someone to put two and two together and claim to have heard it from someone that Clay was actually in afghanistan. But oh how priveleged the people who is shared this info would feel and how proud they are that they kept it to themselves...or within their priveleged circle and the common fan didn;t know...ah they should now be commended and congratulated...and I see some are actually making sure the rest of us knows how special and priveleged they are and how much self control they have....major eye roll here.

Oh, wait.

Hee, but even though they're soooo speshul to actually have that inside *cough*stalkerish*cough* information, they want to made damned sure that everyone knows they knew it before the fact, by crowing about it on public message boards. Ooookay......famewhore much?

Hee, me too. Especially the part about the newborn baby. And I wonder if he has any idea how many poddies are doing the happy dance right now, because he said the words "spring" and "grass" again? OMFG it cracks me up how they are highlighting it..........as though Clay is telling them about his CD and label through a Unicef press conference in Afghanistan. :cryingwlaughter:

God, I've become such a cynical beyotch lately. I think I need to step away from the boards for a while.

People who already knew, said nothing, and continue to say nothing NOW are the only ones who get any points in my book.

:lol: Stop calling me reasonable... you're freaking me out! Trust me, I can be the bitchiest bitch that ever bitched. And for no good reason, either. :lol:

I really, really liked that press release and Q&A. I wonder if the GMA in there is Good Morning America? I wonder if Diane is interviewing him? I wonder if it will be on this week? I wonder how many times Clay can say "amazing"? Hee. I lurve him. He's just so full of hope and it's contagious.

Okay this post is for responding to the conversation about the "other" place. :angry22:

playbiller, I'm sorry you are having health issues. I hope they find what the problem is soon.

Ansamcw, I put you right up there with YSRN for being a smart lady. Actually, this board has a lot of smart ladies. Fans I think Clay is fortunate to have.

I hope Clay comes here to read, once in awhile. Perhaps when he wants to get away from the attention seeking famewho*es, know it all experts (with huge egos), and all the high school shenanigans, that permeates his OFC and other fan boards, as well. Lord I wonder how some braggarts get their big heads through a doorway. You know what I find to be a rude awakening? Some of the people, engaged in this high school behavior, are teachers and lawyers and professionals. The spelling and grammar, of the teachers alone, is enough to make you feel for the education of our children today. But then to witness them behave the way they do towards Clay, on his own OFC, and other members who don't buy into their logic or opinions? Well, what can you say to that? No offense to any teachers here. Those I am referring to know who they are. I'm guilty of some stuff myself, but Geeze Louis!!! I can see the error of my ways and I know when to STFU.

Oh, I think Clay realizes that that the OFC is a completely warped hot-house atmosphere - the mutants have taken over - and probably has a fair grasp that the any of the online fandom frankly doesn't represent a true picture of anything.

Oh Yes, he most certainly does. *g* He knows what is going on. In fact I bet he has access to lots of "secret" places. I bet Jerome's little black book is just filled with names of certain fans, that he needs to keep away from Clay. *g* JMO but I bet the only reason he blogs, is because he realizes that a large majority of the OFC members do not post post on the message board and engage in that crap. He doesn't want them to be punished for the mutants who have taken over.

I know my good friend lightmyfire and I have discussed many times that we wish Clay would close down the message board part of his OFC. It's the only way to get rid of these mutants. In fact I think I posted that is the best thing he can do to help promote himself. Because God knows there is no "fan promotion" for the newly discovered fans to see, when they join.

Yup I know lots of people feel that board is better off closed...

Like YSRN, I do respect people's right to express their opinion, even if its critical...as long as its not meant to bash or hurt. I guess the problem is when the negatvity becomes the norm of some people's posts. I feel that some fans feel it is their duty to be critical of Clay. Maybe they think he needs it to stay grounded???? or maybe they really think they know better...and their taste is the ultimate and that they need to tell him to save him from himself. I also feel that for some fans...putting Clay down...and others down, from his family, friends and other fans...is a way to feel superior themselves. Finally..I think what the OFC lack is the attitude of letting people agree to disagree. I think this is essential for any board, the attitude of respect for other people's opinion and the recognition that people don't always have to have the same opinion about everything to get along.

The interesting thing is...most of these posters are members of other boards that would never let thme post the way they do on OFC. I do wonder if they act like this ...all superior and critical...because they want to attract Clay's attention...or because they feel like the OFC is a battleground and they want to dominate it so that Clay would listen to them. Its too bad that new Clay fans would come in and have to see this kind of atmosphere...

I agree Ansamcw. I don't want to see the OFC become an "Angel Winger" board where people can't express their honest opinions of things. I believe in free speech and I think that is what Clay wanted, when he first set the board up. I think it is important, for any artist, to get honest feedback. It helps them to decide if they want, or need, to make changes. I truly don't think Clay wants all sunshine, I can do no wrong fluffy posts. However, I think the problem lies in the way the feedback is stated. There is a way to state your opinion without bashing. I also don't think it is necessary to keep stating your opinion over and over again. As YSRN stated. Some people have to be right at all costs and just have to have the last word. Some just like to bicker and antagonize others.

I don't expect deep discussion which will only confuse/repulse newbies, but just mild comments, not the deeply critical and insulting comments that are there - it is not a private board, it is a fan board -

Exactly....A fan board to celebrate Clay. Unfortunately that isn't what it is anymore. And as Ansamcw and FullyFunctional have stated, it is a place where fans go because they would never be allowed to get away with some of that on other boards.

There are some posters who seem as if Clay can do absolutely no right in their minds, and yet they still obsessively attend as many concerts as possible, usually in the FRONT ROW, pay for Stub Hubs and such, and then complain bitterly about everything. So, my revenge is that I no longer become angry with them. I just pity them. It must suck to be someone with an obsession and an addiction that doesn't even please them 99% of the time. I'm just happy I'm me and not them.

So do I. So do I. Why don't they just leave and find someone they do like and enjoy?

Negativity on the boards.........I have no problem with people who state any opinion in a polite and respectful manner, whether or not it is the same as my opinion. What I have a problem with is people who openly disrespect Clay or his friends, family or business acquaintances, on his own fan boards. To me, that's just the antithesis of what being a "fan" is all about.

luckiest1, I could not believe that the mods, on OFC, allowed 30 some pages of Rosie bashing. A friend of Clay's who has shown great support for him. Someone he has stated is a friend. I.Could.Not. Believe. It. I hated how some fans have put down his mother and made fun of her decorating taste etc. That is uncalled for. Blaming her for Clay's choices with bad song selections. I mean come on. There are just so many lines being crossed IMHO. Her bad parenting. Walk a mile in her shoes before you want to condemn and throw stones.

Yes, Tulsa has been quadruple confirmed.

How funny. You think they are sick of Clayfans by now? LOL

Heeeee......I find the idea that Faye talks too much just because she told a friend at church that Clay told her to watch Diane Sawyer contrasts hilariously with the fact that evidently "in-the-know" Gawker-type people were communicating that Clay was indeed in Afghanistan to each other - um, THAT is the stuff that sinks ships.

I also have found that I don't really care to know sekrit Clay stuff from supposed insiders - it really is the same damned thing as what the idiot that Kimmel interviewed on LKL does - spread gossip.

Same exact thing.

O/T PSA - I have been looking for a new job, and really was not getting much action on my Monster resume, and a headhunter called two weeks ago and asked so many odd questions that I finally aksed if he had, you know, read my resume.

He said there are only three lines of stuff on Monster - good lines, but no complete resume.

Yikes! So I quickly uploaded another resume, phone rang off the hook, I now start a fabulous job on Monday that pays really well and is the type of stuff I really love to do.

Well, I would rather start sitting in my quaint little house near the beach on Monday, without a care in the world, but this is a pretty good second choice.

Anyways, people who use Monster should check their resume once in a while, you never know if all your info is still out there!

And I wonder if he has any idea how many poddies are doing the happy dance right now, because he said the words "spring" and "grass" again? OMFG it cracks me up how they are highlighting it..........as though Clay is telling them about his CD and label through a Unicef press conference in Afghanistan.

luckiest---help me out here...I don't get out much. So there are people saying that they knew the official Afghanistan itinerary and have just been sitting on their hands being good girls not telling the rest of us. And they're all proud and shit?

Is that the gist of it?

Hell, how many of us figured Afghanistan many weeks ago? Huh? Many moons ago? Could we think of anybody even remotely aware of world affairs? Anybody who's been reading so-so books with the word "kite" or "between" in them lately? Has anyone you know covered up his baby face with a manly beard that many cultures consider "proper" lately?

If nobody besides me put two plus two plus two plus more together to get CLAY IS GOING TO GO TO AFGHANISTAN, then...I'm smarter than I thought I was. I'm a deductive genius.

Hell, just call me Columbo.

Edited by muskifest

Oh, but muski, you didn't know EXACTLY when he was there, or EXACTLY what he is doing/posting/whatever all the time (or any of the time, really) - there is a word for that, it rhymes with Gawker.

And anyone who thinks this is sour grapes is waaaaaay wrong, sorry!

Excuse my post whoring but I haven't been able to have an intelligent conversation in Clay land for a long time. Please indulge me. Thank you. *g* :F_05BL17blowkiss:

To finish that other thought... I used to be the one who would tell people who hated it, that the OFCMB was whatever we all made of it... if we wanted it to be different, then we needed to participate. Well, I honestly can say I gave it a whole-hearted try. But I do know when to quit. Those who enjoy that kind of board, or need it to fulfill whatever, can have it. And that's all I'm sayin' about that.

I think I have finally gave up on it too. Being able to talk here has helped a lot for me to let it go. Let them have it. I am no longer going to try and save the fans from themselves. (as playbiller said once) Nor am I going to try to protect and save Clay's OFC from the undesireables, anymore. That is supposed to be the job of the mods and sparkart admins. Plus, Clay is a big boy and if he wants those idiots posting there, it is his choice. I will no longer give them an opportunity or a platform to spew more of their rhetoric, by responding to them. Nor give anybody any more power to whip out their blue ink. LOL

OMG! This works to perfection with my theory!! Diane Sawyer was in Afghanistan. Clay told Mama to watch because he was there too. Diane SAwyer was filming stuff involving Clay for a special feature when he's home safe and sound!! I KNEW he had to be there when he told Mama to watch and I knew if he knew Diane Sawyer was there it had to be more than a coincidence!

Ooooo! I hope I'm right! I have been wanted Diane Sawyer to profile Clay's UNICEF work.

YUP loves this theory...I will hope alongside you...

BWAH Djs11...man that spring sure creeps up so often...maybe, just maybe its because its actually y'know...hee...spring???

but yeah the spring analogy is very beautiful...and it does puts everything in perspective...

for those people pissed that Clay wasn't personally taking care of the Dallas mess...I guess the fact that the is across the globe being a humanitarian is a good enough excuse...

yeah know YSRN...you are so right about OFCMB...there is just a point when its not really worth your time. I am really glad that reasonable people like you did give it a try...but in the long run...you should put your own sanity and BP a priority.

I also love this scenario.

You mean Spring has finally sprung? Hee

Oh, wait.

I also think that you have some fans that have a pathetic need to feel big and important. Maybe they don;t feel that in their RL so they have a need to do so in an internet community. Unfortunately...in this fandom...there are so many people who are so eager to know inside info that they would practically drool over people who claim they have info so this becomes a very valuable in the fandom. So how easy was it for someone to put two and two together and claim to have heard it from someone that Clay was actually in afghanistan. But oh how priveleged the people who is shared this info would feel and how proud they are that they kept it to themselves...or within their priveleged circle and the common fan didn;t know...ah they should now be commended and congratulated...and I see some are actually making sure the rest of us knows how special and priveleged they are and how much self control they have....major eye roll here.

Do we have an "I agree" or "Ditto" emoticon. I can just follow everyone around and post it?

"Oh look at me. I'm an attention whore" I have that emoticon. I shall go find it and return. We need it here.

djs111, congrats on the new job. Way to go.

ETA: Okay I found some appropriate emoticons if anyone wants to use them. Feel free.

iagree.gif

Ahh.gif

attention_whore3.jpg

drama-queen.jpg

polly.gif

whatever.gif

Edited by Clayzorback

What I want to know is why are people congratulating and praising a certain someone for the Six-Degrees badge thing, when she is not the person who nominated that badge to start with? That praise, congratulations, and thanks should of gone to RaleighTravelor in my book. She took the initiative to get it set up, got the press release approved by TBAF and carried the info to all the fan boards, urging them to contribute. Some one else came and stole her thunder out from under her by posting reminders every 3 minutes and they are taking the credit for themselves? What am I missing here?

Edited by Clayzorback

I think the person who brought that to our attention should be praised for bringing it to our attention, because I believe that helped a great deal. I am quite the "out of sight, out of mind" person, so I enjoyed the reminders and keeping tabs very much.

That being said, you are perfectly correct that RaleighTravelor is the person who should get credit for the whole shebang.

And especially credit for writing something that garnered so much attention for BAF!!!!!! and Clay!!!!!!