# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

What I want to know is why are people congratulating and praising a certain someone for the Six-Degrees badge thing, when she is not the person who nominated that badge to start with? That praise, congratulations, and thanks should of gone to RaleighTravelor in my book. She took the initiative to get it set up, got the press release approved by TBAF and carried the info to all the fan boards, urging them to contribute. Some one else came and stole her thunder out from under her by posting reminders every 3 minutes and they are taking the credit for themselves? What am I missing here?

THANK YOU for pointing this out. cos it has been bothering me.

Now I do think this one person who did a lot of reminders deserves to be given credit. I think she did it because she cared and was also frustrated because lots of people were being petty not wanting to give because of who started the initiative. So I also do congratulate her for her patience and diligence.

However..I think its bad form to completely ignore the role of the person who started it and spread it to all the boards and was the organizer for the whole endeavour. I think some posters are deliberately giving this other person credit while ignoring the organizer to make some kind of point and I think it is very petty.

I admit I was remiss in not posting her name in my congratulations...I think I only said to the organizer ...but I do want to give my congratulations to Raleightravelor for thinking off this badge and guiding the project to a successful conclusion.

eta: oops DJs was faster than I was...hee

EEEEEEEEEEEE thanks for posting that YSRN...I am so proud of him...

Now I am curious...is that it for him and UNICEF this year or is he really goign to do another trip in the Summer...yup I' m curious...and nope not a stalker and please stop enticing me with insider info...just say no! is my motto...heh :medium-smiley-070:

Well now that the news is out, I too am proud to say I was in the know about where Clay was. Although it may be tacky to make sure you know that I was one of the chosen 1000, well I can't be special if nobody knows that I knew before they knew. But all is well and good news and all that jazz because I got special permission from the fansintheknow foundation to make FCA a special branch. So whenever I have important news that nobody should know about until it's time to let you know that I know, I will say the secret word --HOLLA. And if you are a member, signed in and in good standing, you'll be able to know whatever I know. Just click the magic Holla link and you too can feel special.

Well now that the news is out, I too am proud to say I was in the know about where Clay was. Although it may be tacky to make sure you know that I was one of the chosen 1000, well I can't be special if nobody knows that I knew before they knew. But all is well and good news and all that jazz because I got special permission from the fansintheknow foundation to make FCA a special branch. So whenever I have important news that nobody should know about until it's time to let you know that I know, I will say the secret word --HOLLA. And if you are a member, signed in and in good standing, you'll be able to know whatever I know. Just click the magic Holla link and you too can feel special.

BWAH!!!! standing O dawg!!!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OMG!!! BWAH!!!

Couchie, you are the best!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

P.S. I knew too - not because anyone in the know told me what I wasn't suppose to know but rather because my super seekrit decoder ring worked over time deciphering all the super seekrit coded messages Clay was sending out! Boy, that box of Cracker Jack I bought paid for itself on this one!

Greetings from Florida!

I've only skimmed here, but it sounds like Clay done good (once again) and some of his fans are doing, uh, well, not so good (again). But this place -- it rawks, wholeheartedly rocks.

couchie, I wuv you.

I'll comment more later, but I need sleep now -- tomorrow my husband and I conquer Kennedy Space Center! BTW, the cold seems better. Thank God.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to all of you!

I will post this here since I tend to get edited for tactlessness, although I would post it other places if I thought I could word it better. You can edit it Couchie or any of the 50,000 other mods here. Have fun.

A secret is a secret only if you keep it to yourself - I hate to think of fans compromising Clay's safety just to share information and I hope the last person who was told read the riot act to those passing around information. We are all friends here - but I will not give you the password to my financial accounts - and another person's safety should be given the same consideration.

I have a friend - yes, I really have one - Surprise!!. She knows someone who works with Clay - and that is all I will say about that. She does not know I am on message boards - I never told her I was a Clay fan, I never post what she told me or share what she said beside saying I have an impression of something in a general way (i.e. Clay seems happy, RCA does not hate Clay). No one knows her name or her job. See, I keep secrets both ways. If she had told me something that endangered Clay she would have heard an earful though. I am very square that way. I am sooo, soooo square and boring and no fun at all.

Edited by playbiller

Yup and really...whats funny is that it never really occured to me to ask around. I mean I have my circle of friends and they have their circle of friends...I don;t know if they heard anything but I just was not intersted to know and they didn't need to know either. I just figured when we needed to know ...we will. When Clay is ready to share something he will. And my reward for being so patient...he still manages to surprise me and it seems there is something always new in the horizon.

I love you guys.

And since I'm never Clay-nation correct anyhoo, can I say that all charities efforts - even those on American Idol - do not and should not have Clay as their primary focus? Honestly, besides Clay and Angelina Jolie, I could not name another UNICEF ambassador. And if UNICEF and Africa are getting some free advertising about their needs through the behemoth that is AI, insincere as some may think is is (and they don't know the heart of anyone at AI any more than any other strangers), more power to them. I really dislike the "your reasons for charitable activities are good enough" mentality. It's not like it's Mafia money or something.

With all the issues Michael Jackson has, it doesn't take away from "We Are The World" and the reason I bought it, which beside Clay is the one multi-record purchase I've ever made.

play, I think there are more people like you describe (discreet) than there aren't. It's just that we are exposed to more of the "aren't". Obviously. Because we can't be exposed to the "are". They don't expose themselves. Heh. How's that for profound?

More human nature showing itself, I suppose.

couchie, you are incorrigible.

:cryingwlaughter:

I didn't notice anything particularly insincere about the Idol Gives Back thing anyway... Plus they made fun of Simon's moobs, so it can't be all bad. Hee!!!

Hi KeepingFaith. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by YSRN

I love you guys.

And since I'm never Clay-nation correct anyhoo, can I say that all charities efforts - even those on American Idol - do not and should not have Clay as their primary focus? Honestly, besides Clay and Angelina Jolie, I could not name another UNICEF ambassador. And if UNICEF and Africa are getting some free advertising about their needs through the behemoth that is AI, insincere as some may think is is (and they don't know the heart of anyone at AI any more than any other strangers), more power to them. I really dislike the "your reasons for charitable activities are good enough" mentality. It's not like it's Mafia money or something.

With all the issues Michael Jackson has, it doesn't take away from "We Are The World" and the reason I bought it, which beside Clay is the one multi-record purchase I've ever made.

WORD!!!

Well, here is the thing - Clay is not the center of my universe. He does not have to be mentioned by everyone - what happens happens - I don't worry about his future or the future - there are enough problems like wars and things.

I swear there is a supbset of people who look at everything as to be for or about Clay and that is not a realistic view of life.

For example - the Kite runner is being made into a movie - I might think I bet Clay would liek to se that , yet others are making guesses that Clay will sing on the movie - based on what? Based on he read the book? Why set yourself up for disappointment, it is just a guess, but it is one where you get set up with expectations.

Edited by playbiller

I didn't notice anything particularly insincere about the Idol Gives Back thing anyway... Plus they made fun of Simon's moobs, so it can't be all bad. Hee!!!

Simon essentially made fun of his own moobies--I was impressed. He didn't have to call attention to her drawing. The producers didn't have to include it in the clips.

I'm not convinced that Clay won't have a part in the show. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. He's on the Scholastic Idol Gives Back website and it comes right up on google even though it isn't even open yet.

Clay Aiken's Mission

You know if the bloggers do a good job and the stars are aligned just right, Clay'll get PR for his UNICEF connection regardless. But the last time Clay was involved with Idol it wasn't announced--his name wasn't even announced during the show, and yet it was the watercooler moment of the show. I don't believe for one moment that the show's producers were angry about that, or that they don't appreciate a guy who can do that for them. It made the show a better show, a way better show (cause it really did mostly suck), and that can only be a good thing. Whatever happens happens. I'm sure not going to get nasty about him not being on the show before the bloomin' (there's a spring word for ya) show has even aired. As the wise Couch Tomato once said to me, "Clay's got too many mamas."

Play - haven't you heard? The whole charity event was created and designed just to diss Clay. Just like the Dallas/Tulsa snafu. The Frisco appearance will be a disaster. Where is that Edvard Munch emoticon? This'll have to do. :afteryou:

couch tomato, I bow to you. Are you hiring minions? I've already pledged to KAndre, so I'll have to do double duty, I guess.

Wow. I am SO proud of Clay right now. While I didn't service or harass anyone to find out his actual itinerary, I think many of us probably just tended to catch the not-so-subtle clues that were publicly available. I am not exactly sure what having Clay's actual itinerary would do for me, other than making me feel supar speshul, and I am far too lazy to work for supar speshul status.

Well, here is the thing - Clay is not the center of my universe. He does not have to be mentioned by everyone - what happens happens - I don't worry about his future or the future - there are enough problems like wars and things.

I swear there is a supbset of people who look at everything as to be for or about Clay and that is not a realistic view of life.

Yup, yup, yup! I just couldn't live in a world where Diss Spotting or pearl clutching were my favorite hobbies. I have seen what I perceived as perfectly innocent mentions of Clay in the media turned into Gigantic Disses. I have seen associates of Clay vilified because when fans snooped on their web pages, they found that said associates weren't making their own web sites All About Clay. I think other Idol contestants and Clay's own associates are under special scrutiny. The problem with making Clay the center of your universe is that eventually, he'll disappoint you and you'll have this maddening love/hate relationship with him. And the problem with unrealistic expectations is that you are doomed to be constantly disappointed. No, Clay is not going to sell 5 million CDs his first week next time around, nor will he recreate the bass clef. If you expect him to do so, then you're going to end up looking for someone to burn at the stake and soon, the wild conspiracy theories begin.

The tendency to make the world All About Clay is one of the things that drove me out of my mind on the boards. Express opinions and disappointment, definitely, but PLEASE don't act as if the sky is falling on a daily business. I just expect a level of emotion that seems proportionate to the disappointment.

It's such a relief to post here with so many reasonable, smart, sane people. I wish I could quote and word you ALL. :F_05BL17blowkiss: In a way, I am sorry to see such reasonable, SMART folks as clayzorback and YSRN give up on the OFC. I hate that there is no balance there, though we still have others who fight the battle. But it's not worth the headache, is it? There are so many ways to spend one's time.

I guess I need to get an avatar, eh?

It's such a relief to post here with so many reasonable, smart, sane people. I wish I could quote and word you ALL. :F_05BL17blowkiss: In a way, I am sorry to see such reasonable, SMART folks as clayzorback and YSRN give up on the OFC. I hate that there is no balance there, though we still have others who fight the battle. But it's not worth the headache, is it? There are so many ways to spend one's time.

This is the way I felt about my previous home board too. I feel like after a while that I was just beating my head against the wall, and I was tired of all the Tylenol I was taking to combat the headache. *g* It made me sad, and it makes me sad that fans feel that way about the OFC board too.

You know, sleeping in hotels sometimes sucks. It's not home, so you never sleep quite as good. So...I've been thinking about this whole secret thing. (WARNING: Generalization about this board ahead -- if you disagree, say so...) IMO, it needs to be said to lurkers out there that we're not complaining about the "I know a secret and you don't" thing because we weren't in on the secret in the first place. Far from it. IMO, it's more of a power trip -- something that can be lorded over the peons later. It's a class system -- the haves and the have nots, as I believe someone said earlier. I know something like that will never go away, it happens in real life, it will happen in fandoms. But IMO, there's no reason to rub noses in it. And I think that's what's being talked about here on this board.

OK, I need breakfast now.....

:funnypost::sayitagain::fooling::cryingwlaughter::funny:

:bravo:woman.gif

Sheesh, I can't keep up with all the long ass posts y'all have been writing the past few days!

I think I got the gist of what most of you are saying tho! I love you Guys!

1. Let Clay Be Clay

2. Fans Will Be Fans

3. While the Clay's away, the Team will Play.

4. Heads will Roll.

5. It's Easier to Get Forgivness than Permission.

6. Once a Pod, Awlays a Pod.

7. We're Not in Raleigh Anymore!

8. Discretion is the better part of valor. (almost forgot that one!)

OH - the most important one:

NUMBER NINE: IT'S ALL CLAY'S AIKEN'S FAULT.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

:allgood:

::must go adjust web page::

Edited by cha cha trusty

I love you guys.

So much WORD to this I can't say WORD enough!! No wonder I am your minion! The part I bolded especially spoke to me. What are they basing their deduction they are all insincere on - the fact that AI doesn't pay homage to Clay at every turn?? Why are some dissing the effort of AI and Simon et.al. just because they haven't made this whole effort about Clay? I doubt Clay would want it to be all about Clay!

It has even occurred to me that AI made a conscience decision either not to include Clay or not to announce his inclusion ahead of time so that it doesn't become all about Clay because Clay's rather crazy enthusiastic fans seem to have a tendency to make any event Clay is involved with all about Clay. Maybe they want to keep the focus of this on the charity.

I applaud AI on this. The show is so powerful they stand to raise tons of money. I have no reason to doubt anyone's motive in this. This is NOT about Clay. Whether or not he was asked and declined for whatever reason (which could have been something as simple as a scheduling conflict), or is still to be involved and we just don't know about it yet, or was never asked, it does not take away from the effort to raise a lot of money to help people who need it desperately.

(It did occur to me, however, that maybe UNICEF would use some of the footage from Clay's Uganda trip they have on their website on the show........)

For example - the Kite runner is being made into a movie - I might think I bet Clay would liek to se that , yet others are making guesses that Clay will sing on the movie - based on what? Based on he read the book? Why set yourself up for disappointment, it is just a guess, but it is one where you get set up with expectations.

I saw that about the movie of The Kite Runner. I doubt he is the only singer in the world who read that book, so why would anyone make that leap???

By the way, does anyone remember the name of that book Clay was carrying in the airport that served as one of the hints of where his next UNICEF trip would be?

Thank God for y'all. Is this really the only sane board left? Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places...... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, we do have that troublesome crazy chicken infestation problem....

:3:

BWAH!!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

This is the way I felt about my previous home board too. I feel like after a while that I was just beating my head against the wall, and I was tired of all the Tylenol I was taking to combat the headache. *g* It made me sad, and it makes me sad that fans feel that way about the OFC board too.

Word to this too.

You know, sleeping in hotels sometimes sucks. It's not home, so you never sleep quite as good. So...I've been thinking about this whole secret thing. (WARNING: Generalization about this board ahead -- if you disagree, say so...) IMO, it needs to be said to lurkers out there that we're not complaining about the "I know a secret and you don't" thing because we weren't in on the secret in the first place. Far from it. IMO, it's more of a power trip -- something that can be lorded over the peons later. It's a class system -- the haves and the have nots, as I believe someone said earlier. I know something like that will never go away, it happens in real life, it will happen in fandoms. But IMO, there's no reason to rub noses in it. And I think that's what's being talked about here on this board.

Ldyj, I couldn't agree more.

Its a cold, miserable rainy day here, but at least we're not having snow.

Now, I am going to try to do something productive here for a change!

ETA: Look what I just found on Ticketmaster. Clay Aiken Charity Ticket Auction

Edited by Claygasm

Pfft - I responded on another board to someone here - shoot me.

Someone mentioned earlier that they could not remember the names of other ambassadors - I do remember a few without looking them up - Tia (blonde woman actress whose father was involved in this whole ambassador thing) and Katie Couric and Indie Arie(singer). I am bad at remembering names, but remember them. There are about a dozen of them representing the US.

I would like to add that I am not illliterate - but that I have trouble typing now that arthritis is setting in my fingers which I broke almost all of nearly 20 years ago walking a new puppy (doctor told me I sprained them, so they were not treated until years later when the scars showed up in xrays. Avoid bad doctors like the plague!) (i.e. See not se. ) I hate that I catch these things after they are quoted.

Since I did not break my thumbs, I have no idea why I have so much trouble with the space bar.

Edited by playbiller

{{{play's fingers}}}

I am a horrible joke repeater (I can't even pretend to be a joke teller) but I remember somebody saying once, "If I relaized I was gonna get old when I was younger, I would have gotten the extended warranty!"

Well I'm back from my first little trip of the week. My great gambling advice: Quit while your ahead. If I had followed this advice I would be about $250 dollars richer, but nooooooo,I felt it would be best to give Club Meskwaki their money back. At least I didn't leave them any of my money, so that's almost like winning.

I caught up here on my reading last night, wow that took awhile. Lots of great posts, but as I read I felt like I didn't really need to go elsewhere to get their take on current events.

I have to say, what's wrong with you people? You are not "true fans"? I am, and as such I vow to go to every Pizza Hut drive thru in a 50 mile radious to get the skinny on this Frisco concert.

So, this evening I'm off for my second little excursion. A train trip to Chicago, to see the Cubs. I'm not a baseball fan really, but agreed to go because I thought it would be fun to hang out with a few of my friends. Now, however, since the high in Chicago is supposed to only be 47 frickin degrees tomorrow, some of my enthusiasm is waning. I know, I'll just pretend it's Clay Aiken I'm going to see, that's the ticket.