# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

YUP soooo purdy.....

I have been reading all afternoon and the posts have been great...YSRN you definitely were not stupid.

BUT I have been totally distracted by watching The Riches....DAMN...Clay got me hooked on something else

Hmmm WHy does television take 10 pounds off of Clay?

Hey Rcknrllmom - if you change your flight into Houston earlier, DJS and I are going to drive up to Frisco on the 3rd and then come back to Houston - room for one more.

Oh My! Those are some mighty purdy pictures. Love that long lean rugged look. :hubbahubba:

Did anyone else notice that the jacket has 2 pockets on one side and 1 on the other? I know nothing about men's fashions, but I've never seen one like that before, at least I don't remember it. Whatever he's wearing he looks hot in it. heh

bottlecap, bottlecap, help me. I'm weak and gasping now. Those pictures are killing me dead. I'm finished. It's over. Those pictures are so good that I'm wondering if the word exists to describe them. Each one of them I must gaze upon and soak up its essence ---- and the last one in the first group .... Yes, God, that one ..... who but an angel could have a face such as this?

ETA: I mean the last one in the first group on this page! I just found the ones on the previous page .... talk about overloading my senses!!!!!!!

Edited by keepingfaith

So keepingfaith did you like them? I cannot wait until you see him in person in ONE MONTH.eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Isn't he just the most gorgeous creature? I will have pleasant dreams tonight.

ETA: txflwgrl wrote:

Did anyone else notice that the jacket has 2 pockets on one side and 1 on the other? I know nothing about men's fashions, but I've never seen one like that before, at least I don't remember it. Whatever he's wearing he looks hot in it. heh

In the past there were signs in a suit that meant it was a very expensive Haute Couture custom suit. They were 4 or more buttons on the sleeve, an extra fob pocket above the regular one and hand stitching around the edges. Looking at the pictures it appears that Clay's suit has all the signs and unless things have changed it is a very expensive suit.

Edited by merrieeee

Okay, merrieeee, here we are one month out and I'm already in a state. What will become of me? I'm going to try to concentrate on the very expensive suit, and how happy I am that Clay is dressing like a multi-millionaire (when he's not wearing the trusty cargo pants). But I just can't get past his eyes right now. There's something about the longish bangs that bring out his eyes like nothing else! It's phenomenal what that hair style does for his eyes -- and what it does to my solar plexus.

I miss the rings....I miss the bangs...I miss the stubble....
I miss the teeth. (sorry)

I love pictures of Clay sitting down when his very expressive hands are actually expressing and NOT covering up his crotch.

sigh

:cryingwlaughter: I love you!

OMG I'll have to get in touch with my breath and give myself permission to relax before I start trying to catch up. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Stress class was fun ya'll but damn it all...I could have stayed home and just looked at Clay for a few hours and had the same effect. Only 7 more weeks to go. heee But I'm soooooo beihind... welcome Champion! So happy to see all the new folks posting..which reminds me..I dropped the ball on the rankings. I will try to get those updated this weekend.

Sometimes I think the board rules breed passive/aggressive behaviour. I know I'm guilty of it at times, when what I'd really like to say is 'I think you're full of shit'. But I can't. :eusa_whistle: I think a goodly amount of 'snark' would be more aptly labled passive/aggressiveness.

LOL..I agree with this. Can I tell you how many times I've been banned from TWoP for talking about the boards on the board. And I've got several warnings right now so I'm trying to lay low for awhile. I also think letting people hash crap out openly would go a long way to healing rifts. And I wish we had to respect Clay as much as we had to respect other posters. Am I for a free for all, free speech, anything goes? Uh, no. There has to be some sort of guidelines.

I would love it if Clay's concerts eventually evolve into a Grateful Dead-type experience ... where every concert was unique according to how the spirit moved them, and one song led into another and a song could last anywhere from 5 to 20-30 minutes on any given night. .

I am so intrigued by the very thought of this. If it ever came to that I would just change my name to Couch "concert ho" Tomato and be done with it.

Play, your entire post was just fantastic. I truly enjoyed reading it.

Well neither was I. I was at the show and while I was vaguely aware that there was someone small and blond on the stage interacting with Clay all of my AWWWWW's were for him. So who's the real selfish bitch here? *g*

Bwah... yeah it was the cute pop star that made me go awwwww as well. Cute kids are a dime a dozen. :cryingwlaughter:

When I faced my mortality 5 years ago...it changed a lot of things.... I always found the good...most of the time, tried to find the happiness...most of the time....Complained...more than now. Didnt take any risks...then the dr said..."I have some tough news." and it changed everything....I REFUSE to angst or worry about Clay ...what good does it do....Clay is my JOY , so to speak....he is my good.

Loved your post. I haven't had to experience that on a personal level but dealing with it because of a family member had the same effect on me. The day after Kimmel, I was still in L.A. and couldn't reach my mom when I called home to check on her. She was in the ER..and I swear we practically lived there for the rest of the year. As you say, Clay was my joy during that time. It made those long stays in the ER bearable.

Catching up is fun.

Yep, lots of talent around here..Cha Cha, Luckiest1, PuddinsJoy...to go with the others mentioned. But I think everyone has their thing in this crazy Clay world and it wouldn't be the same without any of you. I made my first montage last Xmas. It was fun and a lot of work. I wouldn't even know where to begin doing one for Clay. Cute neice and nephew...about 1000 pictures to choose from. Clay Aiken? BWAH. too many gigabytes to count.

YSRN is a wise woman. I aim to be like you. I'm not there yet.

I like crushing my opponents, and doing a little dance around their smouldering remains.

For the newbies...we don't sling fish around here...think stiletto in honor of KAndre.

Case in point: The message board for the TLC Show, "Little People, Big World." The message board is full of posts about how the family's house is too messy, how the kids are brats, how the father is cruel. And then, there are posts saying, "Well, if you hate the show so much, why are you still watching?" Some champion the right to criticize, sneering at the "self-appointed defenders," while others bemoan the negativity and plead for more positive, less judgemental posts.

Oh the Greys Anatomy boards on are ON FIRE. We're having the same conversation there after that mind numbingly bad finale and second half of the season. On the other side of the fence is the have faith in Shonda or if you hate it so much stop watching. Yep it's the same everywhere.

Clayzedover - I totally loved and agreed with every word of your post. I couldn't figure out what to keep in or highlight..so just saying kudos for the whole damn thing.

Holy Crap! I'm away for a couple of days and it looks like everyone's gone and taken a keyboarding class while I was away. You've all done some mad typing. I was hoping to catch up and then add some of my own thoughts to the interesting ones y'all have written here but it isn't happening. I have two main thoughts in my head right now. The first one is a single syllable.....guh!!!! Thank you for the precious tonight. Those are some mighty fine photos. YUM!

The other is sleep...I'm at a hotel in beautiful downtown Newark. Our flight out of Dallas this afternoon was cancelled when they realized that they couldn't fix the electrical problem on our plane without a part that happened to be back in Houston. So after an hour or so sitting at the gate, and getting rebooked, we made it this far but missed our connection to Halifax. Got a flight in the morning but they wouldn't give us our luggage.....I insisted they give us one of those little "sorry you're stranded packs" but geez Louise....they only gave the comp vouchers to those who asked for them.

Off to bed in my clothes. Night all. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

**Waves to all the newbies**

pant pant pant... almost caught up... fortunately somebody came along and posted photos and turned a bunch of intelligent creative women into swooning fangirls...nothing much to say after the photos hit...other than... :hubbahubba:

I really liked this post claygasm. I agree that the positive police can be every bit as OTT, as the so called negative nellies. I liked your analogy here. I think that is exactly what Clay does. Scrolls the constant whiners post, and scrolls the OTT smoochie smoochie do no wrong insincere posts, and takes a sampling from the rest. :clap:

Hi My name is couchie and I'm a member of the positive police or so I've been told. The positive police always jump to Clay's defense, can never find anything wrong. Did you know that I believe everything is hunky dory between Clay and RCA or Clay and Clive and that the marketing for ATDW was all first rate? :cryingwlaughter: Of course nothing could be further from the truth. And of course the opposite is probably true as well . Grand generalizations are being made all around.And I'm guilty of that too. So many people that I enjoyed reading have disappeard from the boards. Sometimes I want to round them up and ask them why they left. I want to know if they are still fans of Clay. Or maybe everyone has just scooted off to a place where they feel more comfortable. Maybe that's not a bad thing -- maybe it's just part of the process.

OFC is different because that is Clay's board. It came so late in the game there was just no way it was going to work IMO. I too wish they would just close it down and use the energy for other parts of the fan club. But it's easy for me to say. I don't go there except for HE BLOGGED. Where is the room for young kids and teens in this fandom? To me that should be OFC but I wouldn't let a child of mine, if I had any, anywhere near the place. (I remember Play shared a few young folk friendly boards with us a while back.)

You know, often BS fills voids and I'm afraid that has occurred at OFC. Without a LARGE Clay presence there (heh) with any regularity, those with the time and inclination fill the empty pages with their own BS flavor. Of course, being the good lil' CLay minion that I am, I'll always stay a member of the damned place.

Or I could have just worded Muski.

can say "hey you're full of shit here! Just be nice about it.

:huh:

"You're full of nice shit?"

:blink:

:cryingwlaughter:

Hmmm WHy does television take 10 pounds off of Clay?

Hey Rcknrllmom - if you change your flight into Houston earlier, DJS and I are going to drive up to Frisco on the 3rd and then come back to Houston - room for one more.

well my daughter is coming with me so there are two of us.....thanks for the offer!!

He looks SO FINE....eyelashes..and those long legs.........rawrrrrrr!

Not to mention longer hair and stubble!! :hubbahubba:

perfection....ALL the right stuff!!!!!!! :hubbahubba: