#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

A few more! Memories of a wonderful tour :TourExcite: -- Yes, it was exciting!

186572970-M.jpg

Congrats after "Listen"

186566175-M.jpg

Congrats and love continue

186566274-M.jpg

Surveying his kingdom

186572863-M.jpg

186573052-M.jpg

for the tongue lovers

186573072-M.jpg

186573411-M.jpg

186573272-M.jpg

just too cute...

186573556-M.jpg

186573103-M.jpg

And when I'm elected...

AAIT's Tampa Bay Gallery at SmugMug Added quite a few more this evening.

AAIT's West Palm Beach Gallery at SmugMug Added a couple more this evening.

Wha!??? Are you trying to tell me that Clay doesn't read all those posts I make that start with "Clay, dude, you something or other"? Why, it's like I've just been wasting my bandwidth for nothing but my own amusement.... :imgtongue:

Maybe I need to start availing myself of Quiana's Message Delivery Service. :whistling-1:

Leave it to bottlecap to finally insert some humor into some other boards' topic du jour. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

As to learning about the recording industry etc..... the problem is, I would be more interested if I could trust what I read. But, on the message boards you hear so much from people who sound as if they really know and who, it turns out, really know NOTHING! Add that to the way some of these so-called "experts" twist facts to suit their agendas, and well, I don't want to have my head spinning again with a bunch of crap. (ex: RCA sending the Tampa venue a fax demanding the get strict with cameras as a way of getting back at Clay for making a statement by taking Scarlett's camera in Ft. Myers!! :RedGuy: )

If I really knew what I was reading was fact, it would find it interesting, but unnecessary to know. I doubt hearing the name of his producer would mean anything to me and chances are his/her resume is varied enough to not really tell us anything definitive about the direction of Clay's next CD.

In the end, I will read things, but not seek out anything. I will take everything with a HUGE grain of salt unless it comes from Clay's luscious mouth (except when it comes to his sense of time and geography which we all know is suspect!).

And when his CD comes out I will buy it. I will probably not like every song on it, but in the end I will be happy because a new CD will mean a new chapter in Clay's life and my life as his fan - and new TV appearances, new pretty pictures to look at and a new tour to enjoy!

That's enough for me. This fandom is supposed to be FUN and that is what I choose to make it for me.

Warning, warning, rant ahead. That means I am using exaggerated and colorful language because I'm talking about something that pisses me off.

This is how I feel too. Technical conversations can be interesting, but when people are pretending that they are experts or insiders or even spokespersons for Clay, and others are treating them like they are infallible, all-knowing, and above criticism, when people act as if they know every. fucking. thing. about a profession and will brook no argument, and others are treating them like they are infallible, all-knowing, and above criticism....well, you get the idea. (Cause look, I'm an expert in my field, and there are at least three viable theories about each and every thing, and folks are always debating them, so the idea that there's only one right way to do or think about anything is ridiculous.) And then some people actually take it upon themselves to do jobs for Clay, and supposedly represent the fandom, when we're given no say in who these representatives will be or what they do. GRR.

I also hates, as ldyjocelyn said, when rumor becomes fact within about four minutes and speeds from board to board, and then no one will believe you when you say it was just a rumor. And then fans take it upon themselves to present these rumors as fact to everyone they meet, from regular Joes to the media to industry people. GRRRRR.

And, most of all, as CG also posted, I hatessssss it when people demand that I believe some back channel story and get all up in my face about it when I don't, even if I never heard the actual fucking back channel story. I still haven't gotten over that first album thread on the OFC when dozens of people were suddenly saying, "Don't you dare say you like covers or you don't mind if there are covers on the album--you will ruin Clay's life if you do," and intimating that this was a direct message from Clay, and even mods on some big boards were totally freaking out because they believed a bunch of back channel shit, and no one would actually ever SAY anything about what they'd heard--just "trust me--" or if I ever did hear anything it was filtered through five or six other people first, and I wonder how many ever actually heard anything first hand, if anyone, and everything I did hear could be traced back to one or two people with a history of spreading falsities in the past. But these "insiders" were treated as if they were infallible, all-knowing, and above criticism (there I go again). And from then on there were some people who were just nasty about anyone who didn't follow the "received" version of the album story, and who treated some of us as if we were disloyal or stupid if we didn't believe utterly wild ideas that, later, people have denied ever were suggested (and apparently they're still at it with this Tampa story). Talk about fucking with people's heads. So if you don't kiss up to insiders or aren't part of some little know-it-all clique, you're stupid and out-of-the-loop, and if you only knew you'd understand, so just "trust," and above all, you are required to be spiteful, vicious, nasty, and mean towards Clay's "enemies" ad nauseum to prove you love Clay. Pisses me off just to think about it. Frankly, there's no poster who has professed or even demonstrated any knowledge about the music biz, who IMO is infallible, all-knowing, or has the inside scoop on what Clay wants, thinks, is doing, needs to do, ought to be doing, or whatever. So, sure it's fun to speculate, but the fun was pretty much killed for me in 2006. I'll take my share of the responsibility for getting too engaged and spending too much time arguing about these issues--and I won't be doing that again. I'm not interested in getting anywhere near games like that again.

So yeah, just bring on the album and the TV appearances and the press and media coverage and lots of pretty pictures, and let me drool.

Edited by jmh123

pats JMH on the head

frog2.gif

My favorite is getting edited on two "respected" boards because I couldn't say I was happy with ATDW and that I didn't care that there were covers on the album, even though I looked though a lot of my personal Cd and record collection and found covers on virtually every album I had. See, these boards that demand you respect all opinions, do not respect ones that don't follow their own agendass.

Unless you buy into the "you have to write your own songs to be an artist", you will find most songs are not original. Heck a lot of the stuff that passes as songs right now is very derivative. And I love the Ashlee Simpson writer credits that were given because she suggested that the songwriters write a song about a girl and her new boyfriend, etc..

But that is all past. We have a place where you don't get edited when saying silly things like Clay knows what he is doing or I like ATDW or any other opinion.

Guess what, I enjoyed the tour, I don't care if Clay uses bathroom humor (all guys do, duh), I don't care if he makes faces, I enjoy my album and, after this tour, I am giving some songs a bit more respect. Go figure, I am happy in my fandom

people_8.gif

ETA - let me add this for Clay doing sexy back silly ban117.gif

Edited by playbiller

He might not win, though. In politics - unlike other types of polls - you can only vote once!!!

Welcome to the Clay Nation, which never met a poll it couldn't spam. How many 'Mates do you think would move to NC just to have the opportunity to vote for Senator Aiken?

A few more! Memories of a wonderful tour :TourExcite: -- Yes, it was exciting!

186573052-M.jpg

for the tongue lovers

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

This from brightstar on CH CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1:

The more I think about it, the more I realize that this summer's tour was just preparation for Senator Aiken's campaign.

Campaign theme--I'm bringing sexy back

To the tobacco lobby--I like big butts

To AMA-- Achy Breaky Heart

For the Farm Workers' Union--I think your tractor's sexy

Refers to Republicans--OPP= Other peoples' politics

Campaigning to Republicans--Opposites attract

To those who vote against him -- Different strokes

To reporters--Here you come again-

--and, as Jerome said to the last meet & greeters-- don't ask stupid questions

Promise to constituents--Everything I have

As he kisses babies and entertains children--When I see you smile

After his second (or third or fourth or....you get the picture) gaffe-- Oops I did it again

After he wins--Because you loved me

His first year--Growing pains

At the end of his term--Measure of a man

Guest huskerfalcon

Like it or not, some people DO have information. Sometimes, that information is accurate for only a short time, while other times, it's just plain accurate.

It only stands to reason that among the thousands of Clay fans, there might be people who work in show biz or related fields... or that they might know someone who does. Or that there might be people who know Clay or one of his family members or close friends. These things happen.

I'm still waiting for that hot video Clay filmed that was promised by a respected insider (who had none of her predictions come to pass). Did Clive burn all the copies after they filmed to keep sales down?

Hey, I am really waiting for that hot video - why not?

Edited by playbiller

I'm still waiting for that hot video Clay filmed that was promised by a respected insider (who had none of her predictions come to pass). Did Clive burn all the copies after they filmed to keep sales down?

Hey, I am really waiting for that hot video - why not?

Well of course he did, hadn't you heard? Trust me.

But fear not, it's going to be released as his wedding gift to us his loyal fans, right after the Branson wedding in his new Clay Aiken Theatre, to take our mind off the pain.

:cryingwlaughter:

So yeah, just bring on the album and the TV appearances and the press and media coverage and lots of pretty pictures, and let me drool.

Oooooh....jmh123, you and I share a bib. I'm so easy. I was "quickly reading" the last couple of pages until I scrolled my way into AAIT's pix and stopped for a pic-nic. YUM!

KAndre, your recaps crack me up....seriously. And I know all about Scarlett's ability to bust a move. On the day we were to fly to Waukegan last December she called me in the wake of the first big snowstorm to cripple O'Hare, I got a 5:00 am call telling me I'd better get my butt up to Bush right then. My husband was driving me to the airport that day and getting up at five wasn't on his agenda no matter what. He didn't actually talk to Scarlett or meet her in person, so he was able to stick to his original plan.

I'm beginning to feel kind of badly that I haven't done too much with the pictures I shot on tour this summer. Someone sent me a PM on another board and asked why I hadn't been able to make any shows this summer.....it felt a bit odd to reply that I had been to eleven concerts.....oh dear. Anyway, being a mom again and being on vacation has a way of distracting a person, though, to be completely honest I've been hitting the clack pretty hard. I love me some clack....yessiree! Love, love, love that sh.....stuff. Tonight, in particular spot's MOAM from Orlando. DAYUM!! Should her video from Orlando happen to find its way onto another medium that can be inserted into a certain silver box in my livingroom, there will be a brand new 52" LCD flat panel television in the K'eh household to celebrate the occasion.

With lip prints all over it.

Thank God we no longer use VHS tapes, they'd never stand up to the constant rewinding or the heat.

Waves madly at Karen Eh? whose name I can now accurately pronounce after prolonged exposure to Canadians this summer. Take your time getting those pictures up--they'll make a pleasant treat when the clack is slow and we're all mooney and missing Clayyyyyyy. And I know they'll be gorgeous and worth waiting for!! :RedGuy:

couchie....do NOT give me the address of that chocolate factory, as I will NOT want to visit it when I go to Vegas in November.

First give me a few minutes to get over the shock that FCA is spreading unsubstantiated rumors about Clay's personal life. :cryingwlaughter: And let me copy the admin note over to main. In the Clay is engaged thread It's in blue and everything.

ADMIN NOTE

Guess what. I'm home and this thread is locked.

If you want to bring rumors here, post them on main where they can be judged, laughed at, or belived on the merits. Nothing about Clay warrants its own private thread like this - that is what main is for.

And for those that need a reason - it's because NEW thread topics go out to all members that opt in to getting new topic news and we won't be starting and spreading rumors of this sort unless confirmed in triplicate and one of those sources better be Clay.

This entire thread will self destruct when I wake up in the morning.

First of all the name of the factory is Ethel's...I found that cute. But unfortunately I never made it there as I spent all afternoon in emergency with my mom. Yes, it's vacation time so that means my mom is feeling like crappola. The only reason I left vegas on schedule is that my sister and her family is still there and the test results had started coming in and it doesn't appear to be a heart attack. That's what I was most concerned about. Her main symptoms were weakness, shortness of breath and she couldn't walk a block without tiring. The last time she had those symptoms I told her she needed to exercise more because she was out of shape. She had a heart attack 4 days later. So better safe than sorry this time around. I insisted we go to ER. One thing about having complete health care coverage with no co-pays on anything is you don't have to think really hard before just loading her in the car and driving to a hospital.

Now I'm wide awake so i guess I'll go back and catch up.

AAIT - FABULOUS PICTURES!

Sad but true, Couch Tomato . Plus, and this one really irks me, whatever he does say people will expect to be set in stone...like the ten commandments...and lord help us all if for some reason of a non-nefarious nature the plans changed. People just can't seem to realize that Clay's life is no different than any of ours. His life is fluid, ebbs and flows...He might want to lose those 15 lbs by Christmas, and he might have told everyone he was going to try, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Wait a minute...that was me...never mind.

LOL..yep... didn't get anywhere near my goal for the last set of concerts. The good part is that I have Xmas concerts to look forward to and can set a new goal. heee.

Or does it rhyme with Clay's new favorite semi-swear word...... :eusa_whistle:

BWAH..you know what..Ethel's name gets bandied about like nobody's business and from what I understand it's because she's a famewhore so she gets what she gets. Well, anyone who boos at a Clay concert is a famewhore of another kind so why is she being shown such respect. I honestly don't get it. She booed, in public, at his own show. It's on the clack. So yeah fuck it..I say yes take the r out of his favorite cuss word and there you have it.

OOps I was suppose to remind people about the Are you smarter than a 5th grader BAF fundraiser...Today is the last day...

Applications for new mods will be accepted through Friday. :cryingwlaughter:

And I just can't get worked up over, what seems so often to me, to be merely speculation wrapped in rumor presented with questionable authority.

Yeah that. As long as people start their speculation with I don't really know shit crap but... heee But if you have a track record with me for fanning the flames..I listen to nothing you have to say, speculation or not.

I used to ejoy it when there was discussion of different options and possibilities of Clay's career, but then some people became to invested to look at things objectively and others became experts that were deferred to even those who were never right and then hte ominous music insiders appeared!

Yeah that too.

So, Ryan S. is going to be hosting the Emmy's. Guess that is one show I won't be watching. I cannot stand him.

What I can't believe is that he's hosting the super bowl. THE SUPER BOWL? Ryan Seacrest? SUPER BOWL? Maybe I'm missing something? I don't hate the man but is he THAT good? This just doesn't seem a good match at all.

Well, I was told this AS FACT from someone who looks normal from the outside but obviously isn't. She really truly believes this is fact and presented it as such and talked down to me as if I were the one who was crazy for not believing her. I felt my blood start to boil as she completely personified what almost drove me from the boards.......

So I went to the bar and bought another round of drinks! :juul:

GULP! In more ways than one. See what I don't get is the purpouse of spreading this. I DON'T GET IT. Did she see a fax. Did the fax mention Scarlett? I'm sorry and I have no idea who you talked to but this is almost as stupid as Clay having to make All Is Well to drive his fans into Walmart to buy Daughtery.

He blogged? And I spent an hour reading ya'll. :cryingwlaughter: Just kidding! He's so cute.

Nice rant there JMH. LOL.

Like it or not, some people DO have information. Sometimes, that information is accurate for only a short time, while other times, it's just plain accurate.

It only stands to reason that among the thousands of Clay fans, there might be people who work in show biz or related fields... or that they might know someone who does. Or that there might be people who know Clay or one of his family members or close friends. These things happen.

Yeah but that means something has to be right some of the time. And I have yet to see anything spelled out as truth before it happened. And if every time somebody has scoopage it turns out wrong because something changed then they are suspect. Sorry, that's how I roll. When I see who is fanning the flames of knowledge, and have known that person to be an instigator and trouble maker since the start - and have seen her stories go from one extreme to another - at some point I say that person is full of shit. So I really hope Clay continues to talk to us through his blogs because he has debunked so much crap. Even my crap and I'm happy that he did.

Also, for the recored I don't think people really in the know and with any sort of REAL stake would spend their time spreading shit in the back channels of Clay land. And if they thought what they did was for good I question their intentions. And please don't confuse what I'm saying. I'm tired of hearing how I believe everything was honky during between Clay and RCA because I've never said that. I'm just not going to trust the supposed "experts" who believed the so called insiders every step of the way. And yep, there was a bunch of PMing going on telling people to TRUST ME and trying to dissuade any discussion that didn't fall in with the party line.

Like others, that just drove me from the fandom - or actually changed the way I enjoy my fandom. . I didn't leave my own brain at the door when I entered this fandom and there is not a single person out there, after the garbage of 2006, that I respect as knowledgable about Clay's career. Not a one. Sorry. For me that's freeing and makes my fandom a lot more fun. But if you want to believe them, go right ahead.

Karen Eh! Just get to those pictures when you can... we'll be needing new clack soon.

And I'm all caught up.

What?! I guess I need to return the blender I bought as an engagement gift. :cryingwlaughter:

I can only speak for myself, but I felt pretty badly burned by the OFC poster and her "Canadian RCA source" last year, so I reserve the right to treat any and all "insider" information with a certain level of skepticism, fair or not. I have no doubt that posters have professional and personal contacts that have some knowledge about Clay's business, but unless it can be sourced and posted openly and clearly, I reserve the right to salt any information I see. Clay and Jaymes can communicate about the recording process as they see fit, and I consider them to be to be the definitive sources.

*hangs head in shame*

I've been a bad mod...sniff...

YAY mom is home...hee

k going off to get my stress test...regular check up of the ol ticker...

Couchie...sorry to hear about your mom!!! Hope she starts feeling better soon. I wonder if the dry air was making it ard to breathe for her...give her hugs for me...

Well, I can just WORD!!!!!! Ms. Tomato, above me!

I started reading less and less, and posting less and less, when the "fan" part of this online thing seemed to leave the building, and things got to be more about self-proclaimed "experts" and "meddlers". When it gets to the point where whatever Clay does, it is immediately analyzed and pronounced "a mistake" - just because he hasn't done what some delusional people have decided he should do - then credibility is gone, fun is gone, some people are now really just about themselves, Clay and his career are just the peg they hang their yammering on.

When it gets to the point where "modding" has been replaced with "correcting every single post that doesn't fall in line with an agenda", then, ya know, why post? Just sit back and read the "experts'" post and all nod in unison - even when it becomes clear that no one is an expert. Oh wait.....

And sure, some people DO get some inside info, but then that is filtered, too, or kept super-sekrit (heads up! the sekrit password for reading this post is SNERK!) and to me becomes completely pointless because it is used like a club. It gets filtered through an agenda. Or six.

Heh, Clay is so right about the blogging - if something he says doesn't fit the agenda, then of course he HAD to say it, the whole thing becomes ridiculous.

And yeah, I didn't think everything was all OK, I just thought I was in this for fun, I am a Clay fan, I am not a fan of any other poster. Well, I might be a minion, but just here on this particular board.

Thinking about the "prominent fan" issue some more - it occurred to me that fans who are prominent just because of sheer meanness, or trying to insert themselves into Clay's business, are famehos too.

For me, I don't care if Clay pays attention to an over-the-top fan. But don't expect me to make that fan part of MY fan experience outside of a concert, that's all.

Ryan S. stuff - well, he is recognisable to that whole huge AI audience, he is ambitious, he is available, he is non-controversial. Plus, TV is usually jumping on a bandwagon right after it passes by - is a show about hospitals or law firms a huge hit this season? The next two seasons will be chock-full of hospitals and lawyers, even tho the viewers have gotten tired of them and there is nothing really new to say or do.

Mark Twain explains TV programming perfectly - just substitute TV programmer for Indians in the following excerpt from the funniest thing ever written ever (IMO), it is sort of a book review. (well, ok, madcowjj was pretty damned funny too - but she poked fun at US a lot, which is pretty much verboten today) -

http://ww3.telerama.com/~joseph/cooper/cooper.html

(the lead Indian has just jumped out of a tree into a boat and landed just barely in the stern, and the boat is still moving) -

There still remained in the roost five Indians. The boat has passed under and is now out of their reach. Let me explain what the five did -- you would not be able to reason it out for yourself. No. 1 jumped for the boat, but fell in the water astern of it. Then No. 2 jumped for the boat, but fell in the water still further astern of it. Then No. 3 jumped for the boat, and fell a good way astern of it. Then No. 4 jumped for the boat, and fell in the water away astern. Then even No. 5 made a jump for the boat -- for he was Cooper Indian.

THAT is TV programming - network TV is always firmly behind the times, JMO. And having Ryan host just may be thought to be cutting edge - or maybe other people said no. Or maybe his contract with Fox requires him to do this stuff, who knows....he is quick with a wisecrack comeback, at times, but not very funny. JMO.

Edited by djs111

God, between the end of the tour and the cold, miserable, rainy weather I came home to, it really feels like summer is over!

Can we start the tour all over again? Please?????

Truer words were never spoken. Pretty please?

Quite honestly, I've never 'gotten' what all the hubbub is about re:when the next CD is coming out. Am I just being a Pollyanna? I just...don't care about it. I'm happy knowing that he's working on one. It'll happen when it's ready and I'll be here. DOn't really care how he's finding a producer, what that person's bio is. Don't give a hoot how many songs have a 4/4 beat or a violin in it. Couldn't care less whether or not Clay had to send a horse's ass...er..head to Clive's bedroom ala "The Godfather" to force him to see things his way. Quite frankly, I don't have the time or energy or interest to be "IN THE KNOW" about the whole freaking process.

I am of the same mind as you. I am just not all that interested in the workings of the music business. I don't enjoy reading books about Clive Davis or about how dirty the music biz is. Give me a good Stephen King or Jeffrey Deaver novel anyday, now that's entertainment! :P

I trust that Clay and Jaymes and whoever else is involved will record the best that they can and I will be thrilled to get it in my hot little hands, whenever it is ready. I have no problem with people who like to read that stuff, but I am not one of them. I DO have a problem with people who like to present themselves as experts because they might have some background in a particular field, but usually nothing to do with the music industry at all, and then others start to ask their opinion as if it is the be all and end all, and it becomes accepted that everything they say is indisputable. I love reading anything Clay or Jaymes has to share about the process, though. I like my facts first hand.

I don't need the angst, I can't control much besides buying CDs and concert tickets, and frankly, I think Clay would really rather that I stay out of his business dealings. So, I'm in it for the music, the smutting, the thudding, and the fascinating man. I LURVE him.

:lilredani:

This goes for me as well.

Guess who blogged?

Hee, I love waking up to these words! Thanks for the heads up. He's so cute.

Warning, warning, rant ahead. That means I am using exaggerated and colorful language because I'm talking about something that pisses me off.

You give good rant. Is that shit starting up again somewhere? Makes me glad I'm here and not there. :medium-smiley-070:

ETA - let me add this for Clay doing sexy back silly ban117.gif

EEEEE! I love it!

Waves madly at Karen Eh? whose name I can now accurately pronounce after prolonged exposure to Canadians this summer.

How did you used to pronounce it?

First of all the name of the factory is Ethel's...I found that cute. But unfortunately I never made it there as I spent all afternoon in emergency with my mom. Yes, it's vacation time so that means my mom is feeling like crappola. The only reason I left vegas on schedule is that my sister and her family is still there and the test results had started coming in and it doesn't appear to be a heart attack. That's what I was most concerned about. Her main symptoms were weakness, shortness of breath and she couldn't walk a block without tiring. The last time she had those symptoms I told her she needed to exercise more because she was out of shape. She had a heart attack 4 days later. So better safe than sorry this time around. I insisted we go to ER. One thing about having complete health care coverage with no co-pays on anything is you don't have to think really hard before just loading her in the car and driving to a hospital.

Now I'm wide awake so i guess I'll go back and catch up.

Welcome back. Aww, I'm sorry to hear about you mom. Hope everything turns out ok! And I just may have to look Ethel's up.....

I don't believe one single word that you post on any single board.

I never have and I never will.

And your latest "information" that you are desperately attempting to spout is one of the single most outrageous faleshoods I have ever heard in in the four year time period that I have followed Clay....

So yeah fuck it..I say yes take the r out of his favorite cuss word and there you have it.

Uh..... :unsure:couchie? I hate to break it to ya, but there's no 'r' in the word 'balls'. But I still love ya, even though you can't spell worth shit. :lilredani:

bottlecap? a blender? really? I'm not going to return the gift I bought for his wedding. I can use it myself...Cannoodling: The Game

Hope your mom's okay, couchie... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Waves madly at Karen Eh? whose name I can now accurately pronounce after prolonged exposure to Canadians this summer.

How did you used to pronounce it?

Like eh as in web rather than eh as in yay. I was hanging out in the busline with some folks, including a lovely woman named KarenA, and just before we all said good-bye, it hit me, eeeee, that's Karen Eh?

Lovely rants all around this morning! I love FCA. :RedGuy:

Edited by jmh123

couchie wrote:

BWAH..you know what..Ethel's name gets bandied about like nobody's business and from what I understand it's because she's a famewhore so she gets what she gets. Well, anyone who boos at a Clay concert is a famewhore of another kind so why is she being shown such respect. I honestly don't get it. She booed, in public, at his own show. It's on the clack. So yeah fuck it..I say yes take the r out of his favorite cuss word and there you have it.

Should we just call her She Who Must Not Be Named? (apologies to the HPH KAndre & Co.) :cryingwlaughter: Seriously though. Why is it not okay? Clearly she doesn't have any guilt, compunction or shame over her actions. I figure if you do something like this, you at least ought to own it. The anonymity of the message board gives people a bravado they don't always possess in 'real life'. Oh, right. Nevermind.

Heheh, lightmyfire, tell us how you really feel. :RedGuy:

couchie wrote:

Should we just call her She Who Must Not Be Named? (apologies to the HPH KAndre & Co.) :cryingwlaughter: Seriously though. Why is it not okay? Clearly she doesn't have any guilt, compunction or shame over her actions. I figure if you do something like this, you at least ought to own it. The anonymity of the message board gives people a bravado they don't always possess in 'real life'. Oh, right. Nevermind.

Voldemort was in Orlando? :cryingwlaughter:

H E L L...no R

H E C K....no R

D A D G U M....no R

B A L L S...no R

A S S....no R

M E S S....no R

SH..S T U F F....no R

C R A P..... :)

I believe huskerfalcon pretty much every time I read her stuff. Plus I like her too, so that helps. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Here I think she's completely reasonable: some people know some stuff, though I'll bet that the people who know the most don't post. It seems unreasonable to believe that no post on any board anywhere has ever been made by someone who had insider information. That's just silly. The trick is trying to figure out what's real and what's not. Makes my brain hurt.

Did I read the Couch Tomato is coming to L.A. for Fifth Grader? Yay! *Artquest does happy Snoopy dance.* See you in line, chickie.

Edited by artquest

My question is...how does one know its accurate???? because it fits ones agenda or ones own theories? Or is it because it supports what a person wants to believe???

The only people in the industry who knows whats really happening in Clay's business are those that are in TC. Yes other industry people may have some info...but I choose to call that as GOSSIP...and I always...always take that with a mountain of salt. If the info is supposed to come from Faye or Jaymes...i still take that with a giant load of salt cos the person spreading that could be a outright liar...as some of these insiders have been proven in the past...or the info has gone through so many filters it is totally unrecognizable. Faye , Jaymes, Clay or anyone on TC have a way to communicate with the fans if they want people to know something.

Finally...so what if there is some sliver of truth about any of their info...its still NONE OF MY BUSINESS. as Clay said...the best way we can help him...is to buy his products.

oh and what I find totally frustrating...why do people choose to believe these so called insiders over Clay. Why is Clay the one talking in codes or spinning???

Oooooh....jmh123, you and I share a bib. I'm so easy. I was "quickly reading" the last couple of pages until I scrolled my way into AAIT's pix and stopped for a pic-nic. YUM!

KAndre, your recaps crack me up....seriously. And I know all about Scarlett's ability to bust a move. On the day we were to fly to Waukegan last December she called me in the wake of the first big snowstorm to cripple O'Hare, I got a 5:00 am call telling me I'd better get my butt up to Bush right then. My husband was driving me to the airport that day and getting up at five wasn't on his agenda no matter what. He didn't actually talk to Scarlett or meet her in person, so he was able to stick to his original plan.

I'm beginning to feel kind of badly that I haven't done too much with the pictures I shot on tour this summer. Someone sent me a PM on another board and asked why I hadn't been able to make any shows this summer.....it felt a bit odd to reply that I had been to eleven concerts.....oh dear. Anyway, being a mom again and being on vacation has a way of distracting a person, though, to be completely honest I've been hitting the clack pretty hard. I love me some clack....yessiree! Love, love, love that sh.....stuff. Tonight, in particular spot's MOAM from Orlando. DAYUM!! Should her video from Orlando happen to find its way onto another medium that can be inserted into a certain silver box in my livingroom, there will be a brand new 52" LCD flat panel television in the K'eh household to celebrate the occasion.

With lip prints all over it.

Thank God we no longer use VHS tapes, they'd never stand up to the constant rewinding or the heat.

OMG...my favorite topic...the clack...the voice.

MAN...last night I put the full Orlando concert in my playlist...the audio is soooo good that I can really appreciate the beauty of his voice...I was in constant GAH mode last night...

Now I will check out the other Florida clack.

BTW...my favorite thing about the singing Clack...watching his hands and arms...very passionate and expressive.