#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

OK, let's get this thing organized! This is for audio only, we will set up a separate list for video and I got DIBS ON I WANNA KNOW WHAT LOVE IS! So there.

We are looking for:

Vocal quality (overall, change ups, moments of perfection, funnies, growls, glory notes, etc., etc. etc. And yes, burps, bad notes, breaks, and whatever can be noted.)

Audio quality (wavs vs. mp3 vs mp4, cleanliness, background noise, completeness)

Audience noise (constant shriking, muttering in the background, loud comments)

Orchestra quality

Amount of banter on clip (though honestly for my CDs of song, I clip off the banter)

Songs:

Here You Come Again

Everything I Have - KAndre

I Want to Know What Love Is (couchie because she's quicker than me)

When I See You Smile - lickiest1

Everytime You Go Away - jmh123

Right Here Waiting - lickiest1

The West Wing theme

Perfect Strangers

Full House

Laverne and Shirley

What's Happening

Growing Pains

Different Strokes

Charles in Charge

Roseanne

Who’s the Boss

WKRP in Cincinnati

Golden Girls

Gimme a Break

Welcome Back Kotter - lickiest1 (yes, I've gone mad with power!)

The Jeffersons

All in the Family - lickiest1 (hee!)

These Open Arms - couchie

When the Lights Go Down - cindilu2

A Thousand Days - artquest

Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word - playbiller

Measure of a Man - muskifest

Without You - ansa

The Way You Make me Feel

Baby Got Back

Like a Virgin

Bills Bills, Bills

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Oops, I Did It Again

OPP

Yeah - KAndre

SexyBack

Achy Breaky Heart - lickiest1 (HA!)

Opposites Attract - KAndre

Beat It

Listen - cindilu2

Lover All Alone - jmh123

Because You Loved Me - ldyjocelyn

People can share if they agree - keep in mind there is a LOT of clack for each song...

I wanna split up the medleys because I hate Achy Breaky Heart. and love Yeah. and OPP. and Opposites Attract.

Now to make this really interesting, Clay himself can be an unreliable informant. He's a real person, so he is sometimes inconsistent, his mouth sometimes kicks into gear before his brain gets working, and sometimes things change. He tells us what he can when he can (I love the new Meet & Greet formats), but even he isn't always right.

So, okay - where I am coming from is - why is he required to be "right"? Do a lot of fans really really need a set in stone 10 year plan that can be introduced into the Congressional Record?

It is the stating of whatever rumors/facts/insider info as truth, the ensuing angst/anguish/snoopy dancing, and then the measuring of each new utterance, appearance, or new "fact"-oid against the original thingy, and THEN more anguish, blah blah, he is making a mistake, people are out to get him, we should be guiding his career, all that kind of ridiculous stuff....it seems sometimes that actual real-time Clay doesn't exist for some people, just their own Virtual Clay, and when the two Clays diverge from each other, the un-fun starts. And I completely lose interest.

And rumors? Once I found out that some rumors are introduced very deliberately in order to test people or just to stir shit, I stopped believing in any of the rumors, no matter who they come from. I am much more inclined to wonder what the agenda of the person who brings the rumor is. What kind of filters do I think they have. Because I believe that Procrustes antics play a huge part in all of this - I have heard stuff from M&G's presented all kinds of ways, sliced, diced, info left out because it didn't "fit".

Hmmmmmm.....I think I might actually have as much fun with that as others have with planning his career to suit themselves.

Heh - now we'll discover what was REALLY popular at the FCA!

Some of you other people with more than one song may have to give some up. And yes, I did say you other people.

I'd rather do Everytime You Go Away than HYCA. If I'm not blind, I don't see it on the list yet.

ETA: Thanks (memories of doing CW in the previous round fade away happily)!!

Edited by jmh123

Like it or not, some people DO have information. Sometimes, that information is accurate for only a short time, while other times, it's just plain accurate.

It only stands to reason that among the thousands of Clay fans, there might be people who work in show biz or related fields... or that they might know someone who does. Or that there might be people who know Clay or one of his family members or close friends. These things happen.

You're right. Some of us do. ;) But most who do, don't post about it or talk about it even on private boards or IMs. And some who do, know that most of what is posted as fact, isn't. Or that their IM box is filled with lies. Sometimes some who do even cut off people from IMing us more lies because we know they are lying. I've no doubt your IM box is filled with some of those lies. I just chose to stop listening to them. I totally understand getting sucked in to someone's story because I did it for a few minutes, but when I find out someone is outright lying to me... That's my personal line. Eesh. And/or abusing others naivete (not quite sure how to say that -- but what I mean is people feeding crap to others that they know are starving for info - i.e. Clay fans). Don't like it. I don't use AIM anymore for that reason... if people have something to say to me, they can say it in front of everyone else. I don't do secrets.

Why are we tiptoeing around playing passive-agressive out-the-booer? I like Cap - I don't agree with everything she does or says or posts or how she goes about it but she owns it so I'm good there, she made what I deem a mistake in judgement, she stands by what she did, I'm not gonna rake her over the coals over it. It's over and people should move on, IMO. Not that I'm telling people what to do... just saying what I think should happen.

So, Ryan S. is going to be hosting the Emmy's. Guess that is one show I won't be watching. I cannot stand him.

What I can't believe is that he's hosting the super bowl. THE SUPER BOWL? Ryan Seacrest? SUPER BOWL? Maybe I'm missing something? I don't hate the man but is he THAT good? This just doesn't seem a good match at all.

Well, I guess I'm the only one left who actually likes Ryan Seacrest...? Boo. But, yeah, the SuperBowl thing seems odd I guess... Didn't Dick Clark do that once? That's really the role Ryan is trying to fill, eh?

Well, I was told this AS FACT from someone who looks normal from the outside but obviously isn't. She really truly believes this is fact and presented it as such and talked down to me as if I were the one who was crazy for not believing her. I felt my blood start to boil as she completely personified what almost drove me from the boards.......

So I went to the bar and bought another round of drinks! :juul:

Seriously? I thought you were kidding. Bwah!

Nice rant there jmh123. :lol:

Like it or not, some people DO have information. Sometimes, that information is accurate for only a short time, while other times, it's just plain accurate.

It only stands to reason that among the thousands of Clay fans, there might be people who work in show biz or related fields... or that they might know someone who does. Or that there might be people who know Clay or one of his family members or close friends. These things happen.

I believe huskerfalcon pretty much every time I read her stuff. Plus I like her too, so that helps. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Here I think she's completely reasonable: some people know some stuff, though I'll bet that the people who know the most don't post. It seems unreasonable to believe that no post on any board anywhere has ever been made by someone who had insider information. That's just silly. The trick is trying to figure out what's real and what's not. Makes my brain hurt.

Did I read the Couch Tomato is coming to L.A. for Fifth Grader? Yay! *Artquest does happy Snoopy dance.* See you in line, chickie.

Yes, I'd have to agree with this, though I don't know huskerfalcon enough to like or dislike her. I'm not fond of that one post she made here (as I think I made kinda clear), but that's all I got. She hasn't lied directly to me yet. On purpose. That I know of. Heh.

The big problem for me with the RCA spew from last year is that it gets so convoluted that people can go, "See, we were right?". Um, duh. There were only a handful of folks that think you weren't "right" about the covers in the first place. That wasn't the point. The point was, for me... 1) It wasn't your business to tell, 2) it wasn't "Clay is doing covers", it was "RCA is screwing Clay over to deliberately destroy him - Roger sent JP by order of Clive - Clay has signed with a new label David Foster created with a bunch of other artists - Clay is sending me secret messages about being right and keeping up the good work - My friends heard the CD and it's enchanting and magical - tease, tease, taunt, taunt - we all know, wink, wink, and we'll include you if you beg and clamor enough and earn your right to be one of "us" - Clay is being screwed and he's not allowed to talk and he needs us to help himmmmm". It was the good cop, bad cop game that was being played using fans as pawns. That HURT alot of people. Innocent people who were led to be afraid for him. And to now proclaim, "See, we were right" is so simpleminded and dismissive of the literal pain caused to some fans, it floors me. THAT is what bothered me.

If people wants to go hang out and do that to and with each other, go for it. It's one way to be a fan. And I wholly believe everyone has a right to be a fan in whatever way they choose - it's the liberal in me. But, to bring it to his fanclub and suck in people of multi-generations and multi-abilities to parse information and purposely flaunt it... that is really just too much for me. I don't like seeing people hurt like that just to be "right" or to be free to self-express.

And then add the behind-the-scenes lying and trickery and making up rumors to test people...oy, bad mojo peeps.

I'm not talking about speculation or educated guessing here... that can be hella fun. I'm talking about the people who claim knowledge and try to persuade others to their "side" because for some reason it's important to them to KNOW first or be the one to tell the news or something.

I don't know how to say it any better than that. *pets the poor dead horse*

Someday I'm gonna write a book: The Lost IMs. LOL!

It will begin with the most classic post of all. "I do not IM or PM people". BWAH! Sure... my inbox says otherwise, but I know, I know... I'm just making those up. Anyone could have. LOL! Apparently, I'm stupid.

Couchie...WTF were you talking about rumors and weddings upthread? What'd I miss?

Well, I missed YOU, that's for sure! Welcome back to full-time! :RedGuy:

Ooo, I'll play. Can I have The Way You Make Me Feel?

Edited by YSRN

NEW PAGE!

Songs:

Here You Come Again

Everything I Have - KAndre

I Want to Know What Love Is (couchie because she's quicker than me)

When I See You Smile - lickiest1

Everytime You Go Away - jmh123, jamar1700

Right Here Waiting - lickiest1

The West Wing theme - jmh123 (HA HA!)

Perfect Strangers - jamar1700

Full House

Laverne and Shirley

What's Happening

Growing Pains

Different Strokes

Charles in Charge

Roseanne

Who’s the Boss

WKRP in Cincinnati

Golden Girls

Gimme a Break

Welcome Back Kotter - lickiest1 (yes, I've gone mad with power!)

The Jeffersons

All in the Family - lickiest1 (hee!)

These Open Arms - Claygasm

When the Lights Go Down - cindilu2

A Thousand Days - artquest

Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word - playbiller

Measure of a Man - muskifest

Without You - ansa

The Way You Make me Feel - YSRN

Baby Got Back

Like a Virgin

Bills Bills, Bills

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Oops, I Did It Again

OPP

Yeah - KAndre

SexyBack

Achy Breaky Heart - lickiest1 (HA!)

Opposites Attract - KAndre

Beat It

Listen - cindilu2

Lover All Alone - jmh123

Because You Loved Me - ldyjocelyn

People can share if they agree - keep in mind there is a LOT of clack for each song...

Why are we tiptoeing around playing passive-agressive out-the-booer? I like Cap - I don't agree with everything she does or says or posts or how she goes about it but she owns it so I'm good there, she made what I deem a mistake in judgement, she stands by what she did, I'm not gonna rake her over the coals over it. It's over and people should move on, IMO. Not that I'm telling people what to do... just saying what I think should happen.

She owns it? I must have missed that - can someone point me to where she admitted to being the booer? Because as far as I knew, she hadn't owned up to anything, it was all just being passed around in PM and alluded to on the boards in silly ways.

I know CAP121, I am always friendly with her when I see her, and vica versa. Doesn't mean I agree with much of what she posts online (in fact, we have a history of butting heads), but in this particular instance, I am quite appalled at her behaviour in concert.

Edited to bold name since she is a registered member here.

ETA: KAndre's list and ansa's thread do not match. Hee.

Edited by lickiest1

Yeah, CAP owned it to me in person, but she is pussyfooting around it on the boards, and frankly since she doesn't seem to plan on letting the other "famewhores" go anytime soon, she doesn't get a bye from me. I've had too many people tell me, "oh, she's really nice in person, just a bitch on the boards"...well, that was being a bitch in person too.

I'll help with TOA...(step off CG! *g*) ... or take ETYGA and/or Perfect Strangers.

Just let me know what my asignment is Cap'n :RedGuy:

---

On my 2nd listen through of ATDW this a.m. and for the second time I'm surprised that it doesn't end w/BYLM...

:cryingwlaughter:

---

eta ... as to Cap... :shrug: I'm sure she'll be treatedon the boards with the same kindness and generosity of spirit that she's shown to others on the boards...that's generally the way it works.

edited for some clarity...clarity is good.

Edited by jamar1700

She owns it? I must have missed that - can someone point me to where she admitted to being the booer? Because as far as I knew, she hadn't owned up to anything, it was all just being passed around in PM and alluded to on the boards in silly ways.
I didn't mean to say that she owned this... I meant she owns her basic bitchiness. No, she didn't post about it to my knowledge.

See, the problem with working is the songs I liked the best are already GONE!!!!!

No TOA. (although in one place it says couchie has it and in another it doesn't....)

No MOAM.

No YEAH.

*sigh*

Ok, if TOA is available I will happily take it. I would have volunteered for LAA because all I would have to listen to is the Newark clack!

And couchie - the Angela duets of IWTKWLI ARE the best! Hee! Although I rather liked the threesome....

ETA: Ok, I see jamar is going to fight me for TOA! And to think before this tour, no one would have wanted it - except for jamar and me!

Insiders? I am sure there are some but I agree with those who said REAL insiders, those with REAL information about the particular goings on with Clay, probably would never post that info or even share it through back channels. I would think that would not be something those they work for would tolerate. However, just because once upon a time you may have worked in the industry, just because you know someone who works in the industry IN ANY CAPACITY, just because you know someone who knows someone who heard something from someone who knows someone blah, blah, blah, that doesn't mean what you know or heard is accurate. Unless the insider is someone who specifically has worked with Clay in a capacity where they are privvy to what is going on in his particular business with RCA, then their information is suspect at best. And I just don't believe that anyone in that capacity would put that kind of information on a fan board - or spread it in anyway.

That said, I DO believe many who think they know something truly believe what they are saying is absolute fact. I know the person who told me about the fax believed it (oh, and she said that she used to work in the industry so she knows!). I had the pleasure of meeting huskerfalcon this summer and I really, really liked her. And I truly believe she believes everything she says and posts. What I don't believe is that her information is always accurate, but I believe she believes it is. To me that makes a difference.

In a fandom this large and this diverse, it is only logical that there are some who are in the recording business or the entertainment business. However, unless they are specifically working on one of Clay's projects, just being in the industry doesn't give you any more factual information that what I have. It can give you an insight into how the business works, but other than that, how it applies to Clay is only conjecture. Nothing more. And it should never be presented as anything other than conjecture.

Edited by Claygasm