#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

This isn't a spoiler, but I saw it in the cellcert thread at CV and laughed so hard milk came out my nose. (Yeah, I'm checking in on lunch break.)

QUOTE(claylee @ Aug 28 2007, 11:38 AM)

If those attending are sworn to secrecy, do you think they could at least give us a "thumbs up" sign to let us know he did okay?

but that would be ambiguous - would "thumbs up" mean he did okay or he looked great?! We should have organized a list of hand signals.

Left thumb up: Answered almost everything correctly

Right thumb up: Answered almost everything correctly and was funnier than Foxworthy

Both thumbs up: Won a million ding-dang dollars

Both thumbs up and a fist pump: Won a million bucks and looked REALLY cute

Both thumbs pointing toward waist: PANTS!

Finger tap, left side of nose: Wearing glasses

Finger tap, right side of nose: Wearing NEW glasses

Left hand wave over top of head: PERFECT haircut

Right hand wave over top of head: CAP would not approve

:cryingwlaughter:

In case anyone needs something to pass the time and calm the nerves, I've been reading old recaps that I never got around to reading, and found this one at CV. It's loooooong, so I posted it in the New Hampshire thread. It's got a schmoopie moment with a child, a male enjoying the show, and lovely, funny details about the show. You can find it here: DCAT Tour - NH.

Thanks for the head-up

And it gives me a segue into something I wanted to say--I've said it before, but reading this recap reinforced it. I know some of the long term fans have been unhappy with some of Clay's humor this tour, with the long banter sections, the medleys, the girl's solos and the like, but I think these are the very things that have appealed to a lot of the husbands, sons, and other male attendees. I've never heard so many positive reports of men enjoying the show, or of so many husbands agreeing to go. (Pretty strange for a tour supporting a supposedly boring covers album isn't it?) Clay really is such a guy sometimes, and guy appreciate that. It's good for his image, and for expanding his fan base. If he never wins over the male audience, he will never be more than Clay with his Claymates, which, BTW, is fine with me, but I just think those who want him to increase in popularity and be more accepted might have to accept some things they don't like as much for that to happen--so he can appeal to a wider demographic.

I am one Clay fan who finally got the inclusion of the girls solos. They added texture to the whole show. Not that I find all Clay show without texture, but the girls were added value. The very first time I enjoyed Angela is it me or did they improve just as Clay has improved. I actually enjoyed both of them very much. Listen is such an ear worm

Which is related to the Foxworthy show, cause Foxworthy's humor in his comedy shows is perfectly awful to me, and being that he's the host and sets the tone, not everything Clay says or does on this show may be funny or appealing to all of the fans--but, just possibly, it might appeal to others, and it's a good thing if Clay broadens his appeal beyond "the three thousand."

I am all for this. I want Clay to be bringing his original 3000 and additional 7000 to the next tours.

edited to seperate the quotes and your posts...ansa

OK, I will spoiler about what he is wearing

Glasses Clay.

I think its ok to post what he looks like...

EEEEEEEEEEE

so from the spoiler thread...

Jeans, tan jacket, black boots

he is wearing glasses (according to the OFC Chat)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hi all. Interrupting the Fifth Grader Countdown. Is there room for one more in this mess fabulous board? By way of introduction, My s/n is Claybellina at the CB, chose that name because I wanted something really silly for what I thought would be a week or two. Then I changed it to Turtletoo at the CV and OFC because I wanted a name with more gravitas. I read a few boards, but haven’t posted anywhere in quite awhile. I’d lost my desire to post over the last year or two, so this is a treat for me to find a board that looks to combine Clay with fun, kindness, interesting convo’s and of course the all-important tasteful smut.

History with Clay? Like many of you I caught him on the fly, mid-AI2. Can’t even remember the song but it stopped me dead in my tracks. Never left. I told a good friend, “I can’t believe I’m voting on a teevee show!” “You aren’t!” “Yes, I am!” and “I can’t believe he has message boards!” “He doesn’t!” “He does!”

I recognize a lot of names around here and I cyber-know a few of you – won’t out you just yet. Yes, I take bribes, in the form of clack. Had a great time this summer at the SoCal 4-fer. Thanks for the opportunity to get my snark and claylovin’ fun back.

Eta: If this sounds polite and prissy, forgive me, it’s a stealth entrance. If not, you already know me. Question. If I type “/not a troll”, does that make me a troll pretty soon?

Etaa: Will be back later with the best Baseball Movie of All Time.

and a Big WORD to 7,000 More.

Hi all. Interrupting the Fifth Grader Countdown. Is there room for one more in this mess fabulous board? By way of introduction, My s/n is Claybellina at the CB, chose that name because I wanted something really silly for what I thought would be a week or two. Then I changed it to Turtletoo at the CV and OFC because I wanted a name with more gravitas.

<snip>

Eta: If this sounds polite and prissy, forgive me, it’s a stealth entrance. If not, you already know me. Question. If I type “/not a troll”, does that make me a troll pretty soon?

Grabs Claybellina turtletoo and smothers her in hugs and kisses. It's my old Prisoner of Love Camp buddy!!!

Hi all. Interrupting the Fifth Grader Countdown. Is there room for one more in this mess fabulous board? By way of introduction, My s/n is Claybellina at the CB, chose that name because I wanted something really silly for what I thought would be a week or two. Then I changed it to Turtletoo at the CV and OFC because I wanted a name with more gravitas.

<snip>

Grabs Claybellina turtletoo and smothers her in hugs and kisses. It's my old Prisoner of Love Camp buddy!!!

:getaroom:

I always wanted to use that smilie....

Welcome turtletoo!!!!

welcome turtletoo!!!

I have to admit your answer to board and board name had us going hmmm but then what the heck as long as you are not a spam bot..hee

oh forgot to give welcome to leeana too...and other newbies that I missed...

I can run screaming from vouch for ms. turtletoo. We have faced the wrath of the original scary place in Clay land *coughcoughallegocafecough* and lived to tell the tale.

Welcome, sistah! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Glasses Clay? Oooh, I lurve me some cerebral boyfriend.

Ssssssssssssssss!

he is wearing glasses (according to the OFC Chat)

Oh dear. Poor Claygasm. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

welcome, you new guys.... But turtletoo...I'm afraid you might be mistaken about wanting to join this board. Aren't you the one who said you're all for 'tasteful' smut? :RedGuy: What's that? :whistling-1:

Oh, I wish I were there...with Clay...holding his hand when he gets nervous, tying his shoelaces when he needs me to....

Just got another confirmation on "No glasses."

*sob*

I see you CG doing the happy dance....pfththbt!

BTW -- kf, thanks for the pretty picture this morning....

Aren't you the one who said you're all for 'tasteful' smut? :RedGuy: What's that? :whistling-1:

I think that's when you write about his "beautiful humongous cock" instead of his "big dick." Could be wrong though.

:cryingwlaughter:

welcome, you new guys.... But turtletoo...I'm afraid you might be mistaken about wanting to join this board. Aren't you the one who said you're all for 'tasteful' smut? :RedGuy: What's that? :whistling-1:

Isn't that when you lick your lips afterwards?

badump bump

eta: or what bottlecap said... :cryingwlaughter: omfg.

eata:

This post has absolutely no point, except that I want to post right after cindilu. We both have such excellent taste in avatars. High-five, cindilu!!

*hi fives*

Edited by cindilu2

I think that's when you write about his "beautiful humongous cock" instead of his "big dick." Could be wrong though

Oh, and bottle? :F_05BL17blowkiss: I think you ARE wrong, dear. I canNOT remember ever writing about his "big dick"...Now, "beautiful humongous cock"? You betcha. But I'm not a fan of the use of the word "dick" to refer to his beautiful humongous cock, so unles I had a character in one of my stories say it---which is quite possible, of course---I just don't think I've done it.

...said it, I mean...

...said the word "dick" to describe his beautiful humongous cock, that is...

...'cuz of course I've DONE it...

...I mean, sure...I've done THAT! Geez! :blush:

...well...not with CLAY, of course....

.....yet, that is... B)

Edited by muskifest