#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

Hey -- this might give us some more thread title options! We only have 4 this time!!! Any suggestions?

I'll put up the poll later today -- say, at 4:00 EDT....

Meanwhile....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I can't stop smiling about this news! And yes, I think we should huddle together and get an FCA gathering out of this!

I'm jazzed beyond reason.EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!I think Clay really is a gifted comedic actor. He can't help himself. He's a natural. I'm so happy for him. People will get a chance to see what we see. That multitalented "Hawt Baby Boy" that can do it all. I'm so excited. Yesterday was good, today even better. i love everybody today. LOL!!!!

2088? But you'll miss Clay!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I love my boy Clay so freakin' much!

being really petty for a second

Now who was it who said my man couldn't act? Huh? Huh? Well, Mike Nichols says he can act! HA!

Now back to pretending to be nice!

My head is spinning and I don't think it's just from this news (I feel like crap) but I'm definitely going to go, for a freaking week to NYC... have to figure out this time share business and do a trade but eeeeeeeeeeeee. Now to figure out a time frame... but what a great problem to have!!

I went home quickly for lunch and thank God I did. goldarngirl PM'ed me and asked when we were taking a trip to NYC? I was confused, said only if Clay's in Spamalot. She said he is!!!! I let out a scream that would have woken the dead. If I'd been at work I might have got myself fired.

I just read the blog. Hee! What a goofball he is! I love him! I want to go to NYC once a month (at least) for 5 months next spring. That is not extreme is it? OMG the more I think about it the more I realize this could be even more draining on the Visa than a concert tour.

This is the most amazing news EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hmm after hubby lamenting yesterday on Clay not coming to Florida this Christmas OR anywhere close (close???) We are going to Kalamazoo, I guess it isn't enough for him. I sent him the online email and his comment was, hmmm did you want to go to New York? I think after all this time I have him well trained. :cryingwlaughter:

My head is spinning and I don't think it's just from this news (I feel like crap) but I'm definitely going to go, for a freaking week to NYC... have to figure out this time share business and do a trade but eeeeeeeeeeeee. Now to figure out a time frame... but what a great problem to have!!

Count me in on this one FOR SURE!!!

This news makes me smile, but I did say this in a pm to LdyJ, "God, I hope he can remember his lines" :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH!

Director Mike Nichols said: "Clay Aiken is amazing beyond that glorious

voice. Turns out he is an excellent comic actor and a master of character.

People will be surprised by his wide ranging talent, since the first

impression is of great country charm and a singer to remember. This guy is

not only a star, he is a lot more. We are lucky to get him for SPAMALOT."

Ok, that shit just made me well up.

Hormones... I'm blaming hormones.

Broadway.com has included a bit of Clay's blog in their coverage of the story. They also used an AMA picture...EEEEEE!

Possible thread title: Clay Aiken in Spamalot on Broadway -- We're There!

One more possibility, thanks to Mike Nichols: This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more

Ok, that shit just made me well up.

Hormones... I'm blaming hormones.

Oh Please..you are found out..oh ye that was just watching the vingettes last week. heh.

Hee.

You should have seen me when the Rockies won last night... and I don't even know anyone except Yorvit. LOL!

Dude, when are we going...???? I keep passing up front row cuz I dont' know what date to buy tickets for. I should probably calm down. Heh.

I feel much better about missing Christmas now. Heh. :)

One more possibility, thanks to Mike Nichols: This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more

Oh yeah...I was just coming back here to suggest this one, ldyjocelyn! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Well, I can see that I need to juggle my work calendar, the FCA get together calendar, Mr. Muski's work calendar, the kids' winter/spring sports calendars and their school calendar to find the bestest time(s) to go...

I certainly have the vacation and comp time to make a couple of trips....so maybe one family and one for you gals....

How the HADES am I supposed to actually WORK?!?!?!??! :blink:

I just posted a comment on Clay's blog "Oh, Clay! I'm so excited by....er, for you! XXOO, Muski"

heh.

Dude, when are we going...???? I keep passing up front row cuz I dont' know what date to buy tickets for. I should probably calm down. Heh

yeah, that.

Should we join the rest of ClayNation and try to go to the last weekend's performance(s)? May 4 is the last show.

ETA: This is a line from the 'showstopping song' that Clay will sing:

They'll simply say it's shitty and profuse.

Bwah! Think he'll sing instead, 'They'll simply say it's sh...stuffy and profuse."

:cryingwlaughter:

I'd go see Clay if he were giving a concert in hell.

I have no standards.

:cryingwlaughter: CMSU! I'll be sitting right next to you with flames licking at my toes.

Oh the church thing?

I plan to go and enjoy, just like any other Clay show I've attended. I don't feel a need to explain or defend my decision to do that to anyone...so I won't.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Cool! Hopefully I'll get to meet you!

:PickMe-1: Me too! Me too! I want to meet you, too!

[This, I totally agree with. While he's not a major party hardy guy who is all over the map with his escapades -- he's also not a saint either. This place shouldn't have to have justify him being there period. Unfortunately, it happens all the time.

I agree. And this church wouldn't have had to justify anything if gnats and nosey fans had just minded their own business. All this would never have even come up if those 'fans' hadn't given JP too much attention.

SPAMALOT!!! :manynanas:

Any Clack goddesses going?

My 10th wedding anniversary is April 18 (a Friday night) so that's what I told my husband I'd like to do for that weekend. I'm going to be good only probably go to one show. Does that make me a bad fan? Probably!

Meanwhile, I'm doing the thread title poll now....See the top of the page....

Should we join the rest of ClayNation and try to go to the last weekend's performance(s)? May 4 is the last show.

Sounds good to me. We can all claim it's our Mother's Day present...

ETA: This is a line from the 'showstopping song' that Clay will sing:

They'll simply say it's shitty and profuse.

Bwah! Think he'll sing instead, 'They'll simply say it's sh...stuffy and profuse."

:cryingwlaughter:

Nah....he'll substitute 'turd' or 'poo' for shit. :cryingwlaughter:

Well, here is my offer to broke people. After sister decides what show she is going to, I will be pretty much home, except when I go to the beach off and on from April 15th (flexible dates, just have to inspect and clean up) I am thinking of grabbing a balcony seat for the last show ($36) and a better seat for a show or two or three earlier. If you want to come up and stay for free - I have a 2 bedroom 1 bath house with a beat up convertible couch in one bedroom and an inflateable bed that would fit in the same room. I can pick up and drop people off at the bus stop into the city (10 miles away) or the local airport. I am home all the time, so I can take pity on the broke, since I usually am. Just no smoking inside. Wireless internet, but no DVD player right now and basic cable.

Yes, there is a best buy near the bus stop.