#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

I'm sorry, the tight will have to come off.

I mean, the man is talented but some things are better sans tights.

Now, I'll be looking at the tights. Just because that's an important part of my Clay fandom.

Tights are a good thing.

Ha, MSNBC has the AP blurb with a Clay picture from the Jenna Bush UNICEF thingie. Man, he is just so...indescribable!

I'm Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing all by myself here!!

And does this mean we get long haired Clay back!! He'd better start gtrowing it now!!

:cryingwlaughter: I'll leave this comment for muski.

I'm excited today, too! Just have this big ole stoopid grin on my face, even though the chances are practically nil that I'll get to go.

Let's see....skating show, 5th grader, Neil Sedaka, CITH, Spamalot, new CD....and if there's a new CD, won't he need to make TV appearances to promote it? And a summer tour to support it?

Methinks I'll be getting a lot of b/f this coming year. Which is a good thing....I'm satiable! :ura:

ETA: aikim, you have something else to add to your countdown list!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that blog! He so knows this fandom, and it's great to see certain things addressed.

Woo hoo for Spamalot! The supporting quotes from Nichols and Idol were enthralling to read. I have always believed that Clay had a comedic gift, and I think something like this will give him an excellent opportunity to prove it. Now, how am I going to finagle a trip to New York City in spring? Hmmm...

I can't help but believe this will be a great learning experience for him. Not only will he gain something from working on a Broadway stage with talented people, but he'll live in New York (where, incidentally, Tyra now tapes, right?) which can potentially expose him to a lot of interesting industry contacts, and which might offer him multiple media opportunities. As it is, it doesn't hurt that he's gotten to know Eric Idle and Mike Nichols, two well-established individuals in the business.

I'm thrilled! This is definitely something to celebrate!

OMG, I am just about going out of my mind here. TOOO much to take in. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

My enabler good friend luckiest1 had me reciting my VISA number before I even finished reading the blog. LMAOOOOOOOOO!!

Blog? Best evah.

Tights? How much do you think THOSE would raise for BAF come May 5th???

...must... breathe...now....:Thud:

((((((((((Mike Nicols)))))))))))) & ((((((((((((((Eric Idle))))))))))))))) for having the smarts to see what we have always known.

Our baby is a Stah!

This run starts a few days after I'm supposed to be gone and my heart stopped for a moment when it hit me that there was this incredible distance looming....but I jump started it again with some front row seats for the first few days of April. I'll come back. I was going to come back to Canada in April anyway, so I'll stop in New York when I book my flights over. I can see this is going to work out after all.

How exciting for Clay! What a year he has coming and that means lots of good things for us, too. The opportunity to work with Mike Nichols and Eric Idle is amazing and I know he'll learn much from the experience. I can't wait until a house full of NJU's gets to see what he can do.

How much do you think THOSE would raise for BAF come May 5th???

A million dollars. Wish I had it.

What a great day!!! Guess I should stop :onhishead: and do some work.

Anyone else going April 1,2 & 3?

Gawd, I'm pitiful....just sat through a meeting for an hour. And while listening to the :what_d_fuck: and the :whatever: and the :wordpooper: I kept falling into a stupid grin and then squirming in my seat, thinking about Clay in Tights and a trip to New York and an FCA debauchery excuse and ...

:DoClay: :laught31: :drinking34::allgood::woohoo::yahoo:

My enabler good friend luckiest1 had me reciting my VISA number before I even finished reading the blog. LMAOOOOOOOOO!!

I didn't read this...nope...nothing to see on this page....I'm not going to be influenced by others..... :lmaosmiley-1:

It's obvious he will sing "crappy" and profuse.

April in NYC would be so very nice...

I am just smirking to myself so hard!

Oh me too!!!!!!!!!!1

Wheeeeeeeee! I'm going to NYC in March! Thanks to cindilu2! :clap:

When? Looks like I'm going the weekend of the 8th.

Wonder if the ticket office is in shock as the sales come rolling in!!??

Gahhh. It just hit me. I am sitting here gurgling and sniffling with pride and joy for (and of) our boyfriend. What a year he has in store.

How cool he is to address each 'concern' that he had to know would be voiced, namely the place of the album in all this.

I love that description... master of character. I just knew he would be. The way he emotes a song, there just had to be a mimic in there somewhere. I can NOT WAIT for this. And the best part is there is so much in between now and then to make that wait more bearable. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

And I meant to add earlier... those who bemoan the OFC and boast about not joining/renewing, and then ask for the blogs or other member-only stuff? You should be ashamed of yourselves. A pox on those who oblige them.

I got our tickets on the 1-800 number by phone. The guy sounded a bit frazzled. ;)

jmh, we are going during the March school break here, because there is NO WAY I can go to this without my son, the Spamalot freak. He's already seen it in Toronto and was screaming probably as loud as I did when he heard the news! So it's March 12th, 8:00 pm, 2nd row, baybeeeeeee! Now I just need to figure out a way to afford another set in January, and a third set in May.....

I would see Clay in a brothel

Where the clientele is awful.

I would see him chant with Buddhists

or (PLEASE GOD) a camp for nudists.

I would travel on a horse,

Motorcycle, boat, or worse.

I would surely go to hell

just to watch him cast his spell.

My lust is constant and it's steady.

Packed my bags and I am ready.

The Big Apple's in my sights

Just to see Clays ass in tights!!

BWAH!!! Good one!

I noticed you didn't say legs in tights. :cryingwlaughter:

They'll simply say it's shitty and profuse.

Bwah! Think he'll sing instead, 'They'll simply say it's sh...stuffy and profuse."

:cryingwlaughter:

Exactly! We get to hear Clay say "shitty"!!!

Any more durrrty words in Sir Robin's part?

:cryingwlaughter:

Didn't he actually say the word 'shitty' in a M&G this summer? I bet he sings the proper words, whatever they may be.

ETA: wandacleo, that is friggin' brilliant. BWAH HA HA!!

BWAHHHH!!!!!! :clap:

You know, another advantage to Clay being in Spamalot is that no one can criticize critique his hair or his clothes, he'll be in costume. And his choice of songs cant be called into question because he'll have to sing/say what they tell him. And no one can whine about how much of the spotlight he shares with his castmates.

The disadvantage is that I don't think tights come with rivets and those damn tunics are so long. :(

BWAH! to the limericks! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm dying here because although the school's spring break would be perfect for our family to go to NYC, older daughter won't be here cuz she'll be in Spain and Portugal on a school trip! She'd never forgive me if we went to New York without her!

It's killing me to hear of all these people already buying tickets and getting such good seats! I mean, of course I'm happy for them.. :whistling-1: , but :DoClay: in NYC, too! :cry4:

yeah, yeah....I know...

:boo-hoo:

Now I have to find a script for the play so I can learn all of Clay's lines for when the Aiken Random Lyric Generator goes into action! BWAH!

Actually, I just wanna know how many songs, how much he's gonna sing to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :DoClay: