#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

Yeah that. Plus, I think for a lot of people who never had a weight problem earlier in life, when one does appear, for any reason, there is resistance to the idea. Sort of, 'Who me? You've got to be kidding!'

Yeah I resemble that remark. There was a time when I could honestly say..oh i can eat anything and I won't gain weight. I was called skinny minny until I was about Clay's age and then watch out. heh. And when you are 5 or 10 pounds over weight, you still don't believe it's anything. No it's not until you're 50 pounds over weight that you go hmmm maybe I should put down that 4th peice of bread.

I loved the Moody Blues!! I never paid too much attention to the individuals tho.

So Justin Hayward is 61? Was that version of "Watching and Waiting" from 2005? What a loverly song!

The two links went to the same song with the album cover.

Oops -- sorry 'bout that. The link for Watching and Waiting is the actual song off the 1969 album To Our Childrens Childrens Children. Regarding 2005, the link was intended to be a video of Are You Sitting Comfortably from the 2005 tour (which I saw) to contrast the 1970 video .... and I hope this link is finally correct! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KRYmcF8XYY. There's a lot to be said about living right when you can do it at 60 as well as you did it at 20 -- I'm talking about singing the big notes in Nights in White Satin!

I know there's no point in shipping Clay with anybody because there's just no telling with that boy. He is a tease you know. But discounting her because she's Clay's step-father's aunt's granddaughter is pretty weird to me. That's no blood relation at all, and there's nothing to indicate that they grew up together or had established a cousins identity with each other growing up. She didn't get a mention in his book when he was naming everybody but the dogs. He mentioned Nanny McGhee's grandchildren, and all his cousins from Ray's side, but no Jamie. Just saying, she apparently lives with him, travels with him, and goes out socially with him --- no matter what, she's way more than a distant, no-relation cousin. But even if she's just a hairdresser/companion, and Clay is helping her through a bad time in her life, or whatever, they always look great together, and happy. Am I the only one that sees her strong resemblance to Marie Osmond?

I knew she looked like someone. I couldn't remember. Yes, that's who it is. Marie Osmond. Cousin, whatever. Someone at CV said; "Speculate away, only the hairdresser knows for sure." There surely isn't much cousin connection if you go by the books. No blood connection at all.

I have a guy best friend, and I'm sure people who didn't know us would think we're a couple to look at us. Once upon a time Kristy lived with Clay, traveled with him, and went out socially with him--pretty much the same way Jamie does now. Heck, Kristy even went to Europe with him and ended up in photos on the OFC. Perhaps he and Kristy were an item, and now they're not--it happens--and now he and Jamie are an item. Or maybe they are just good friends. He's had very close friendships with women going as far back as college, has had women as roommates, companions, best friends, but never stated that any of those were romantic relationships. He did back in the beginning mention romantic relationships with women in very general terms, he mentioned girlfriends and crushes in interviews and in LTS, and they weren't the same women who were his roommates or best buddies. For instance, he had a serious relationship that ended about the same time as he started his American Idol journey--he mentioned this a couple of times in early interviews--but at that time his roommate was Amy, who continued to be one of his supporters throughout AI2, and we still hear about her from time to time. Another good friend who's been a constant is Suzanne, who worked at the "Y" with him. He had a couple of other constant female friends at that time--the Trinity--I wasn't around for that so someone else would have to fill in the details. There's often been some ambiguity as far as perceptions of these relationships goes, once he became a public figure--with Kim Locke, for example, although he always said it was just a friendship, there was also a feeling among some people that there was something more to it. If there was, it didn't last. Whatever is the case, I'm one who appreciates that he keeps these things to himself and doesn't conduct his private relationships in the limelight of the "entertainment" media and that he keeps the "true story" of these relationships off the fandom's radar too. I guess we'll never really know what's going on in his private life until the day he gets married (if we even know about that - LOL). I think it's pretty funny that so many people who only vaguely know of him are convinced he's gay, while the fans who really follow his life are always wondering what his true relationship is with the women he's always going out with. (Something the media almost never seems to notice.)

The thing is...he keeps saying, "This is my cousin." A cousin, to me, is not a distant relationship in any shape or form - it's very intimate. Almost sibling-like but not quite. You can flirt with/have crushes on/battle with cousins and it means nothing besides, "That's my cousin". I had a cousin whom I hadn't spoken to in a couple of years (wasn't angry, just hadn't spoken to him) get up in the middle of the night, drive to where I was living out in the woods and 8 months pregnant because I thought I heard something. I just hang out with cousins. That's what cousins are for. You don't even have to be especially nice to them - just their mamas. I have one that I will call "Jamie" until the day I die - his wife used to try and correct us. You might see him as a attractive, dignified man - I see my cousin "Jamie" who informed me that all McDonald's hamburgers were made of earthworms.

I guess it's just nothing I've ever seen in their interactions (what little I've seen) falls out of treating her like a cousin. Hell, I've sat on cousin's knees. They're cousins - it's one of their jobs!

I guess cousins can mean different things to different people. My cousins are a bunch of old people. Always have been. I have 21 first cousins -- and most of them I see only at family reunions -- and not one of them would I consider an intimate relationship. None of my first cousins are within 7 years of my age, and growing up that age difference was huge. The one cousin 7 years older than me, I guess I was fairly close to her because she was like the big sister I never had, that is, she locked me out of her room when we visited.

By contrast though, my youngest son and my sister's son have grown up together and are tight. But he's my kids' only cousin. Only one.

My cousins were like siblings to me when I was growing up, since we were all fairly close in age and our families were close. I had a crush on an older cousin for a while, and while there is no blood relation there (because all but one of us kids is adopted) I doubt it would have gone over very well had any of us decided to get married! But who knows how Clay thinks of Jamie. Not all cousins are created equal. Whatever their relationship, I think it's great that they seem to be so close. They do look cute together, that's for sure. ;)

Oh man - I've got 15 first first cousins - the oldest one is a grandmother, the youngest will be finishing high school next year (and calls me Auntie Karen) - wait, I think I've got a couple that I think of as aunties but they might actually be second cousins or first cousins once removed or something like that. I just know that there was always a lot of cousins ranging from 5 years older to 5 years youngers and we spent a lot of time together, at each other's houses, at grandparent's houses or whoever they could dump us off on.

I remember a cousin locking us out of the house (several times - and they were usually chasing us with intent to do damage as well) - we went in through the window and surprised her and her boyfriend. It was entertaining. At least for us. Cousins were really good at spreading the blame around for whatever destructive thing we did that day.

P.S.

True - it's just what I've seen on stage of their relationship (especially his mocking of her accent is so much what my guy cousins did to us...of course we then proceeded to assault them because they weren't allowed to hit us back. Fair didn't have a lot to do with our family relationships.

a very heart-felt :thankyou: for all of your kind thoughts and encouraging words for my friend. It never ceases to amaze me that it is even possible, or okay

to feel right about sharing personal things like this, now and then, on a messageboard. I mean, I know that's not what it's really for; and that's a good thing, imo.

I'm not very consistent myself about letting people I know in RL that I'm thinking about them, and totally lousy about remembering birthday and anniversary stuff. I nearly drove myself nuts for awhile trying to keep up with all the personal concerns that were often posted about at the board where I read most often before I came here. It's hard to make a real connection with so many people I have never actually met even if I can empathize with their concerns. Still, it touches me deeply when someone makes the effort to reach across cyberspace to me.

:hugs-1: to all of you....

I've been loving the new emoticons.......I'm addicted to the little suckers...

My current new favorite!!!!! :xmaskick: (zena in her xmas outfit demonstrating hot yoga)

Thanks for the Ruben concert pictures; I thought Clay looked pretty comfy in his own skin.

there is something about almost all of Clay that I find really sexy... :Thud:

liney23, I'm with you here!!!!

Yeah that. Plus, I think for a lot of people who never had a weight problem earlier in life, when one does appear, for any reason, there is resistance to the idea. Sort of, 'Who me? You've got to be kidding!'

Yeah I resemble that remark. There was a time when I could honestly say..oh i can eat anything and I won't gain weight. I was called skinny minny until I was about Clay's age and then watch out. heh. And when you are 5 or 10 pounds over weight, you still don't believe it's anything. No it's not until you're 50 pounds over weight that you go hmmm maybe I should put down that 4th peice of bread.

Speaking of "resembling that remark" , I can remember thinking being called a "bean pole' throughout most of my first three decades was a bad thing. My new perspective, ( looking up around and over my own poochy parts ) is a kinder and more generous one.

Maybe we should invite Clay to the weight loss thread here at FCA? We could whip him into shape just fine!

YIKES!!!!

There is a weight control thread at FCA????? :crapsign:

Never mind. I'm ready. :ready6: Well, maybe :bolt:not. Hey, Couchie, don't we need some eating emoticons? There's a great pizza snarfing one at CV I'd bring over if I knew how. We could trade it for this one. :dontfeed:

hmmmmm, I think i need chocolate.....right now. Chocolate and clack; now there's a winning combination.

I know there's no point in shipping Clay with anybody because there's just no telling with that boy. He is a tease you know. But discounting her because she's Clay's step-father's aunt's granddaughter is pretty weird to me. That's no blood relation at all, and there's nothing to indicate that they grew up together or had established a cousins identity with each other growing up. She didn't get a mention in his book when he was naming everybody but the dogs. He mentioned Nanny McGhee's grandchildren, and all his cousins from Ray's side, but no Jamie. Just saying, she apparently lives with him, travels with him, and goes out socially with him --- no matter what, she's way more than a distant, no-relation cousin. But even if she's just a hairdresser/companion, and Clay is helping her through a bad time in her life, or whatever, they always look great together, and happy. Am I the only one that sees her strong resemblance to Marie Osmond?

Agreed about the resemblance to Marie Osmond! And as far as shipping Clay & Jamie - I think the two of them and a few close friends or relatives are the only ones who know the true nature of their relationship. And that's how it should be. Clay's entitled to a private life. I think it's equally possible that (1) she's a good friend and that (2) they are romantically involved. If they are romantically involved, what better cover for Clay to call her his cousin (even if it's not by blood, and it's an extremely remote cousin)? That way, no one hounds her, and they aren't in the tabloids. But, on the other hand, he likes having women friends, and it she could be just that - a good friend. Whatever way it is, I'm glad Clay has found someone to hang around with!

Of course, I wish it were me, but I don't live in NC. Otherwise, I'm sure we'd be BFF. Hey, I'm happy in my delusions, so please don't bring me back to reality! :goaround:

This is from CV- Huskerfalcon. Check it out. I don't think he looks heavy at all. She did it slo- mo as he entered the concert. Enjoy, if you haven't already seen it. I can't stop watching it.

------------------------------------------------

I have put them on sendspace too... I don't know why you can't see both of them...

from WMM: http://www.sendspace.com/file/02svdz

from ulead: http://www.sendspace.com/file/e7113p

The WMM file is more clear, the ulead one is kinda fuzzy because I tried to zoom in more.

(just in case you only want to DL one)

He's just too gorgeous/handsome/mesmerizing for words!!!

THANK YOU, merryclay! YUMMMMM! He looks so good - I wanna slurp him up! :hubbahubba:

Oh, and I just saw the AYSTAFG cap. He looks so happy! I'd like to take a comb to the bangs, but otherwise he looks great.

Eeeeeeeehhh! Awesome new pictures over at Clay Aiken Pix from AYSTAFG!!

A sample:

20071101-003-AYSTAFG.jpg

GAHHH, he looks wonderful. Absolutely, totally, one-hundred percent doable huggable. I love him :hubbahubba:

And that video of him entering the concert venue - those lonnnnnnnnnng legs again. Screw the strikeout :DoClay:

How anybody can consider that fat is beyond this gal's comprehension. :Thud:

ETA: just noticed that he still has on the ring that the fans gave him during DCAT. How cool is that? (at least I assume it's the same ring)

My boss has decided there will be no more personal surfing at work ......so I have to restrain my fangirliness until I get home! Now this is only on work computers! I really needed another excuse to buy a laptop! Lunch time could be a whole lot more fun!

merrieeee, I know what ya mean about the 'no personal surfing' at work rule. I sometimes get bored when I'm on hold at work, and there's a computer right in front of me, so why not check my email or read at FCA for a few minutes? Work really gets in the way sometimes. Our bosses should know that we'll be happier, better employees if we know what's going on with Clay, 24/7!

I've lucked out on the work thing...I work in a library...in a back room; just me and my computer I can check in whenever I want...just keep everything minimized.

Kim

Hey couchie, I think I've come up with a couple of ideas for our next chat:

1. Cousins: What exactly does it mean to be a cousin?

Are Clay & Jamie 'cousins' in the traditional sense, or contemporary sense?

Are they cousins-with-benefits?

Have you ever had impure thoughts about your cousins?

At what level of consanguinity does the squick factor set in?

Is doin' your cuzzin a regional custom? Is it ok in the south, but not in the west or north?

2. Pooches: How big does a gut have to be before it's considered a pooch?

Discussion of various causes of pooches - age, metabolism, medication, diet.

If Clay grew a pooch, would it change your feelings about your own pooch?

Fashion tips for the pooch-less and the pooch-blessed

3. How many times can a normal, reasonable, intelligent woman watch a 4-second clip of a man walking into an auditorium in slow-motion and still be considered normal, reasonable and intelligent?

Discussion of excuses and rationalizations for above answers.

I think a very dynamic and animated discussion would follow - and we certainly wouldn 't all agree.

:cryingwlaughter:

ETA: for clarity

I've lucked out on the work thing...I work in a library...in a back room; just me and my computer I can check in whenever I want...just keep everything minimized.

Doesn't your library have a Network Administrator? Most do and most track what websites their computers visit. Just sayin'. I haven't been able to lurk at work for almost 3 years. You get used to it. You learn that it's still all there waiting for you when you get home.

All the pictures, all the Clack, all the discussion.

All the angst. All the drama. :cryingwlaughter:

---

My kids have step-cousins and don't think of them one bit differently than their blood cousins. They'd be squicked out to think of dating them. People have tried to tell me that it's different in the South. Is it? :shrug:

Whatever the situation...I hope he's happy. :flirtysmile3:<----my new "go to" emoticon

I see KarenEh's name in here. What's new in Baku or are you back in the good old USA?

:loveletter: More pictures & stories please!

muski, hope your doggie comes thru o.k.

3. How many times can a normal, reasonable, intelligent woman watch a 4-second clip of a man walking into an auditorium in slow-motion and still be considered normal, reasonable and intelligent?

Discussion of excuses and rationalizations for above answers.

BWAH!! Clearly the answer to this one is obvious... you can watch it as many ding dang times as you want and still be considered normal, reasonable and intelligent.... I refuse to accept that any other answer is possible... there simply can't be any other answer, could there? No, of course not. I didn't think so... really.

No, really.

:whistling-1: