#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

Thanks for the photos.

JMH thanks for the concert report. I'm glad you went and had a good time.

Claygasm you hit on it for me. As much as I love soul music you would think I'd love Ruben's music but didn't care for his hip hoppity first album and his gospel album was too tame for me. Gospel is about passion and letting go and I felt it was too controlled. My mom has both albums and loves the gospel album though.

ETA: I do love the cluben interaction though.... I kinda miss it!!

In that second picture, doesn't it look like his zipper is down..... :whistling-1:

I know, I'm supposed to be in bed.

The first time I saw those pics I thought Button Fly!!!

Sooooooo, instead of sleeping you're analyzing Clay's fly?????

Yup, sounds about right!! :naughty2:

Speaking of bed, since I have to get up and go to work in the morning, I guess I better head there too.

'Night all.

Awww, so nice to see new pictures again -- and I can't stop looking at that forearm. Thanks to all who provide!!!

btw, this was just posted:

from lolacat at CV, bringing from the CB:

MixnJude0 posted:

GoldsboroAikenFan's video

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/Mixn...yinNC.flv"]

<snip>

Ruben's story was that he saw Clay sitting with a group of attractive women--forget the term he used--and realized that he and Clay had a lot in common. :cryingwlaughter: So he went up to the table and Clay invited him to join them. They exchanged phone numbers that day and have been friends ever since. His imitation of Clay's accent was right on--very funny.

<snip>

What an interesting and funny tidbit!

Um, Clay's pot belly is getting bigger!! If he doesn't watch it, he and Ruben may be able to exchange clothes!!! ;) :o

In that second picture, doesn't it look like his zipper is down..... :whistling-1:

Clay needs to learn that horizontal stripes flatter only the skinniest. They may work for socks, but not for tops.

Eeeeeeeehhh!! Just got home from work to clack and pretty pictures of our BF's night out! I'm so glad there was a decent turnout for the concert!

Merrieee that video is just adorable! Thanks for posting it. I've watched it WAY too many times already.

Now I can go to bed with a big grin! Night all!

My friend told this story at the OFC, which reminded me: Ruben said when he first heard his Idol song [coronation song--but he didn't call it that] he didn't like it at all. So he whined that his song wasn't any good and Clay was singing BOTW and had a choir, and he told them, Clay's got a choir, I don't have a choir, and my song is lame, so they brought in, I'm not 100% sure, but I thought he said Babyface, and he rearranged Ruben's song and now it's Ruben's favorite and he always sings it.

Oh, and she also reminded me that he said when he first saw Clay with all those women he said, "Who's that red-headed guy with all those women around him?"

Not Clay related, but before Ruben sang, "I Need an Angel," he said he was going to make a Christmas album but Clive said, and he imitated him, "Let's forget the Christmas album and do a gospel album," and so Ruben made the album, but he was very so-so about it. He started off to tour with it, he'd been somewhere and had a gig the next day and the day after that and it was Thanksgiving and he was moving so slow, and he kept saying he was fine, just let him be, but his brother finally said, "You haven't been this white since you were 10," and took him to the hospital, where they admitted him, and he found out he had pneumonia. Said he'd gotten to think he didn't need angels anymore, because he'd made the big time, and in that hospital he realized he still needed an angel.

His banter was good--not laugh out loud crazy funny like Clay's, but he gave a nice context to some of the songs with some nice stories. He acknowledged the audience and NC and really connected with people. He talked about how he was in the area doing that program in Durham last year and everybody was so good to him, he especially mentioned the people at Whole Foods and how good they were to him. He talked about going to church four times a week when he was a kid and didn't understand why he had to go so much--and then quoted an aphorism I can't remember about how these things become a part of who you are. He talked about education and how important it is--stay in school. A little boy right in front of us and his teenaged sister knew all the songs and hooted and hollered throughout the concert. The little boy could barely contain himself he was so excited to be seeing Ruben.

Um, Clay's pot belly is getting bigger!! If he doesn't watch it, he and Ruben may be able to exchange clothes!!! ;) :o

Clay needs to learn that horizontal stripes flatter only the skinniest. They may work for socks, but not for tops.

Horizontal stripes must have worked for him all these years so he probably was just going with the familiar. He wasn't performing; he was in the audience, a member of the paying public. He could gone in a ratty old tank top with lots of holes and we needn't have cared..................

Hang on, yes we would've cared!!! :confetti2::tomato::whee::dead-1:

I'd like to see him imitate Ruben sometime...

ps. I think it was payback for all those times he made Quiana and Angela wear white! LOL!

Horizontal stripes must have worked for him all these years so he probably was just going with the familiar. He wasn't performing; he was in the audience, a member of the paying public. He could gone in a ratty old tank top with lots of holes and we needn't have cared..................

Hang on, yes we would've cared!!! :confetti2::tomato::whee::dead-1:

:cryingwlaughter:

soooo true.... but just like it's part of the fabric of who we are to comment on his looks, I don't think he worries about appearances at all. I think he's just being himself...and he's happy with the man he is. Love him or leave him, to turn a phrase from my youth.

Speaking of my youth, lol, have I thanked you all for all the fantastic birthday wishes...?...because they are and I do... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

('Oh Dear God', crawls to the edge and looks down)

While ya'll are eeeeing over Clay I'm eeeeeeeeeein'g over Idol Rewind. Wow, I've only watched the first 5 minutes and they have included people that weren't shown on the original..including QUIANA...I let out a squeeeeeeeeee. Did ya'll see her? Or am I seeing things! She was so cute.

I saw her! I had to rewind to be sure, but yes, definitely her. Too bad we didnt' get to see her audition but I hope we get to see her again in the show before she leaves.

Pin - "Finding Clay Aiken In the Heartland" or "FCA in the heartland"

This would be my pick. I'm not original enough to come up with anything myself. :whistling-1:

YAY for pics of Clay at Ruben's show! I'm so glad he was able to go with friends and have a good time. I wish I could have been there!

Pin - "Finding Clay Aiken In the Heartland" or "FCA in the heartland"

I like it. But while it says that ... I'll still be thinking this... :XmasRed:

Hee.

----

Oh Squeeeee! :flirtysmile3: <----uh yes I am a broken record...what of it?

I think he looked adorable last night. I'm glad he's comfortable enough to have given us the heads up about it.

---

Muski...good luck w/Shadow today. Both of my poochie-girls have ongoing health issues and are on daily meds so we make lots of those trips to the Vet.

edited for clarity...clarity is good

EEEEEEEE!!!! Clack! Love the pics showing all the women with cameras behind Clay.

jmh123, thanks for your recaps!

FCAgoldsign.jpg

Thinking of this for a Xmas pin (DESIGNED BY CINDILU)-- well check into a cut out of the image. But as you can see we need suggestions for the sign. Anyway Ideas. And let's remember we want to be able to wear this pin in public :whistling-1: We can vote on it in a couple of weeks...should order by November 1st to get them out before the concerts start.

My tag at CV right now is "CITH Me, Clay!" :lipstick:

Good Morning Everyone,

11 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

17 Days until Clay is on AYSTAFG!

22 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

42 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

68 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

71 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

84 Days until The BAF Golf Outing! :whoohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

FCAgoldsign.jpg

Thinking of this for a Xmas pin (DESIGNED BY CINDILU)-- well check into a cut out of the image. But as you can see we need suggestions for the sign. Anyway Ideas. And let's remember we want to be able to wear this pin in public :whistling-1: We can vote on it in a couple of weeks...should order by November 1st to get them out before the concerts start.

My corny suggestion:

CITH

or

Bust

FCA 2007

ETA: Ahhhh Shadow..hope he's ok

How about 'Doing Clay in the Heartland'?

Gahhh, he looks so wonderful in those photos. I personally lurve the stripey hoody on him. (Okay, show of hands. Who's surprised?? :imgtongue: ) And those lonnnnng legs slay me every time. I wanna start at the bottom and climb all the way up them And it sounds like Ruben put on a great show, so our boyfriend's faith was justified! I guess we'll never know how many butts he put in those seats, but it sure makes me grin that he tried!

Now I wonder what the 'fun' news is? I'll be happy with whatever it turns out to be, but I'd reallllly like it to be something musical.

For Shadow claydoggiekiss.gif

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE love those pictures....The first picture with the bigger tummy is deceptive though ...I think its simply a bad angle working with the horizontal stripes cos the second picture looks smaller. It is more consistent with the video of him entering the arena.

I don't think Clay is the kind of guy...that would obsess about his pooch...even during concerts he does not always try to camouflage.

OOOOKAY....Jamie and Clay....hmmm. It could be the same case as when he kept going around with kristie...hmmm still very interesting.

pin...what about a version of cindi's

FCA Doing Clay in the heartland. I just think we should have FCA somewhere. But it might be tough to fit it all in.

Bottle...that is a cute siggy...but it makes sense with the emoticon...

He is really looking good in those photos.

Love Ruben's stories. What a guy!!!I really love the fact that he approached Clay and immediately clued in on Clay's power of attracting women.

I like Finding Clay Aiken

CITH 2007

That tells who we are and where we are... course if anyone??? can figure out something short and smutty (sorry, not sure those words go together, but what the hey), that would be cool! :cryingwlaughter:

If you look at the video... and I did at least 20 times already, you don't see any pooch to speak of. But in the closeups, he seems to be slouching a bit and pooch appears. Is thrifty Clay going to cut back the pooch to be able to fit into a buttoned suit for the taping in Vegas or have to buy a new, bigger suit... inquiring minds want to know. :cryingwlaughter: Since I'm going to be there... eeeeeeeee... I'll know in 3 weeks! Whoo hoo!!!!

Love Clay Aiken!!!

Good luck with Shadow, Muski!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't really believe in the pooch. You know the guy probably had 2 or 3 t-shirts under that stripey hoodie, right? If he truly had a pooch, you'd see it in all pictures/videos, not just certain ones.

I hope we don't have to wait until the end of the week for the "fun news". I am not particular - any news will be fun! :)

You know, Amanda Marshall fans are pathetic. Maybe it's just that she doesn't have an online presence/fan club. But there have been like maybe 4 posts on the one fan board that seems to be active, since the concert on Saturday. No one even wrote down the set list. Pffffft. I think I'd go crazy if it was that way for Clay.