#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

Happy Birthday LAUGHN

Happy Birthday MOAM

And I couldn't let this day go by without wishing a Happy 61st Birthday to Justin Hayward, still just as beautiful inside and out as he was in this clip from 1978.

I think I have a pretty good track record with Idols. For me it's been the Beatles and The Moody Blues, primarily Justin Hayward, and now and biggest of all, Clay Aiken. Through all the years, Justin Hayward still tours both solo and with the band, has a wife of 37 years and a married daughter, yet virtually nothing is known of this private man other than what he wishes to disclose in rare interviews and through his charity work. This son of teachers is a very wealthy and generous man, who divides his time between an English manor and the South of France --- and I must admit that as much as part of me sees Clay as a worldwide media star, another part of me wishes for him the kind of genteel life that Justin has managed for himself and his family, in spite of being this tall, sexy man with a gorgeous face who asks "Are You Sitting Comfortably?" before weaving his spell. Here's merlin casting his spell in 1970 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOVYTn0SxUY...20Moody%20Blues

.... and then in 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZsnHIKXVHE...ted&search=

But mostly I wish Happy Birthday to Justin Hayward because he wrote and sang this song in 1969, which is my favorite song in the history of songs that I even know about. It still takes my breath away - and the album cover is all the video this song will allow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZsnHIKXVHE...ted&search=

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday decorations and wishes! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I've had a fun day with my family, my husband hit the buttons on the CD player so I could listen to my DCAT CD, AIR is coming on here in a few hours, MOAM is 4 years old today! (I am just a bit older... :whistling-1: ) and if we're lucky we might get some NC Fair Cluben Clack tonight...whoo-hoo!

You said you need sunshine to be happy? :lilredani:

Best of birthdays Laughn! :poze: :2164: :balloons: :hb2:

And I'm gonna go ahead and post this one since I'll never have a REAL reason to do so: :chores007:

Hey, there are some new ones that CMSU! :yapyapyapf:

BWAH!

and BWAH again! i saved the yappity-yap so fast my head is spinning! and here's to never ironing again! :clap:

I'm home with my cats -- YAY! It's good to be home!

Happy birthday laughn!

I've been on the road so long today, I keep forgetting that their MIGHT be a chance of Cluben clack!

keepingfaith, The Moodies were a "late" discovery for me -- and their performances still floor me to this day. I'm not a HUGE groupie, but I would pay to see them again in a heartbeat!

This montage by Cate really made me smile. It has lots of great DCAT footage. It's so fun to wach Clay having a good time!

You Tube of 'We Got It Goin' On' by Cate

Talking about cold weather - whew, it's a cold one in Colorado today! We've had gorgeous fall weather until now (a little cool at night, but in the 70's during the day). The weather suddenly turned cold, though - it's 43 degrees, and rainy. And there's a Rockies game tonight in Denver! I'm glad I'm not going, 'cuz I'd freeze. I'm cozy and warm at home, dressed in my layers. I can root for the Rockies right here at home.

I've been on the road so long today, I keep forgetting that their MIGHT be a chance of Cluben clack!

I haven't forgotten. I''m holding out hope that we'll get something like Clay and Ruben at Kelly's concert in July 06. That was EXCITING! I remember people complaining that night that he looked 16 years old. Poor Clay everybody thinks he either looks too young or too old, too fat or too thin ..... but Clay is just like Baby Bear ... he's juuuuuuuust right.

IBut mostly I wish Happy Birthday to Justin Hayward because he wrote and sang this song in 1969, which is my favorite song in the history of songs that I even know about. It still takes my breath away - and the album cover is all the video this song will allow.

I love the Moody Blues and Justin Hayward is still so damned sexy even with his white hair. Put them right up there with Three Dog Night.

Happy Birthday Laughn :nanarow::manynanas: :14:

First Fair report:

From CV:

From dancermom2:

Report from Shine...

Clay is there...just went backstage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone...don't know who...got Clack.

Navy striped hoodie

Good jeans

hair looks good - a little shorter

GoldsboroAikenFan has video of his going in!

Ok I got the layers, scarves, gloves, coat over kidney bit..but when you say hats... what we talkin'? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: My mom is coming in with winter wear and she just gave me a knit cap and I just don't see it. Can I wear something more 2007?

Couchie, how about a beautiful, soft cashmere fedora?

First Fair report:

From CV:

From dancermom2:

Report from Shine...

Navy striped hoodie

Good jeans

Now THAT'S what I've been waiting for all day! :clap:

EEEEEEEEEE! There will be clack!!!! EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Ew. I thought I had Keith out of my head. Ew. Now he's back in my head again. Ew.

Almost forgot -- as my husband and I were leaving Minneapolis this morning, we picked up the Sunday Star-Tribune. Big ad in the Arts section for the shows the Minneapolis Symphony are doing this Christmas. Clay's picture was the biggest! He also had a picture next to his name with the dates for the shows. I'm not sure if I'll be able to scan it or not, but it was really cool, and such a nice surprise. I really wish I could attend the Minneapolis shows, but scheduling simply will not allow it. Darn.

First Fair report:

From CV:

From dancermom2:

Report from Shine...

Navy striped hoodie

Good jeans

Cool! Can't wait for the clack. I just hope the audience shows Ruben the love!

EEEEEEEEEE! There will be clack!!!! EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Ew. I thought I had Keith out of my head. Ew. Now he's back in my head again. Ew.

Oh god, me too!! Watching Keith made me have horror flashbacks of Frisco (sorry - but that moment FOR ME remains one of the single most embarrassing moments in my life as a Clay fan!)!

:Ahh:

On the other hand, how cute was Clay saying "Oh crap!"!!!!!

And I still cannot wrap my mind around the fact that the guy at the Atlanta audition is really Clay!!!!!

Cotton, thanks for posting the Fair updates. I noticed from the clothing description there was apparently no hat, unless maybe he had it folded up in his back pocket.

Fingers crossed for Crack later tonight! :5:

Also, Cotton posted a great screencap from the Atlanta AIR interview at CV that y'all should see:

AIRewindClay1.jpg

He's so cute - I just wanna lick him shake his hand. :flirtysmile3:

Cotton, thanks for posting the Fair updates. I noticed from the clothing description there was apparently no hat, unless maybe he had it folded up in his back pocket.

Also, Cotton posted a great screencap from the Atlanta AIR interview at CV that y'all should see:

AIRewindClay1.jpg

He is cute!!!

And licking? Yup, I would like to lick him - and do a few other things.....

Is anyone else getting a kick out of Clay saying "Promotional consideration provided by...." and "Closed captioning provided by...."? OK, just me then. Heh.

Cool! Can't wait for the clack. I just hope the audience shows Ruben the love!

Yeah, me too! I know it could be very difficult with Clay in the audience, but I hope Ruben gets some good crowd response.

On the other hand, how cute was Clay saying "Oh crap!"!!!!!

"Crap" was never in my vocabulary before Clay. Now I find myself saying it all the time. And it's usually with a southern inflection too!

And I still cannot wrap my mind around the fact that the guy at the Atlanta audition is really Clay!!!!!

I have the same problem, I really do. I honestly think I would have been prepared for the worst if that had been my first exposure to Clay, before he sang that is. And now....five years later...oh my God.

Hee, Keith CMSU. Of course, I never watched the AI2 audition shows originally, so seeing him now, after watching Clay's Frisco performance mumbletymumble times, makes me grin from ear to ear. One of these days I'll actually get around to watching the Madonna video, too. But I can definitely see why some think he was imitating Keith. If he was, that CMSU even more. :cryingwlaughter: Think I'll go watch Frisco again.......

Happy Birthday, MOAM! I didn't attend a CD release party that time, but I do remember hitting the store first thing that morning and the sweet feeling of ripping the cellophane off the CD with my teeth (cursing the whole time because I can never get the damned things open when I need to!)

Woo hoo for Cl....er....Rack later!

AIRewindClay1.jpg

Shake his hand?

:DoClay:

If I didn't know that Audition Clay and 2007 Interview Clay were the same person, I would never believe it. I simply love seeing the puzzled look of disbelief on both Slimon and Randy's faces after he sang.

**Sigh**...it was so good to see my boyfriend. :wub:

When I watched the Clay audition today, all I could think was ... jeeze, he couldn't have imagined that day in Atlanta that in five years he'd be having lunch and dinner dates with Tyra Banks in New York, attending receptions with the president's family as a UNICEF ambassador, and ... and ... and ... just everything.

From Shine in NC

Concert's over.

Clay report . . .

Horizontal striped pullover, dark and white.

Jamie and another couple with Clay and they and Faye sat together where Clay sat for the KimL concert.

He was eating at one point.

Bopping around to the music.

Lighting awful.

He's walking out now! Walking slowly but Shine didn't have a great angle.