#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

Good Morning, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thnx for all the reports from Ruben's concert in Raleigh!

:welcome: to SecretlyLovesClay, FCA's newest member!

I watched "Rewind" and EEEEE'd all over again the second time around. Just too cute! :clap:

th_rbanimhappy.gif Belated "happy" to Laughn! Hope you had a vey special day!

Good luck with Shadow, Muski! :)

Have a great day, FCA! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

before I get to work (is there anything else now a day - heh, part of my scheduled tasks today is packing what I am taking that is clean before I dirty it again! This will be a slow and steady task, the other part is to empty out the pantry - sigh - and find places for stuff and then normal type fall stuff), let me drop in and comment on Ruben's stories - I am starting to think that being on AI warps your memory!

Clay and Ruben meet - May be a version of truth to that one, Clay's old story was that he was standing around and Ruben introduced himself during Hollywood week. Standing/sitting - what is the big deal.

The gospel/Christmas story - when it first came out - Clive announced that Clay and Ruben were going to go head to head again with CHristmas albums, shortly there after Ruben came out and said he was going to do a gospel album, that he asked Clive if he could hcange to gospel because there were a lot of songs he loved growing up and reflected who he was. Ruben does a great Clive Davis imitation.

Pnuemonia story, I had heard before, it does not get much play. What he left out is that the said he felt sick for a long time and the 19 doctors would look at him and tell him he was just overweight and that was the problem, never checked him for pnuemonia - company doctors hurrumph I remember my mother slipped outside the office she worked at and the company doctor told her she was fine and she should stop whining and just continue to work, afte a week of amazing pain, she went to her own doctor who said she had ripped her stomach ligiments and needed bed rest for a month. Anyway this story is played down a little, he was very ill during the first AI Christmas special.

Finally, the mostly fictional BOTW FWOW story sounds pretty made up for laughs. We had heard early on that Clay was asked to prepare a song with a chorus backing because Ruben had one for the finals. He remembered BOTW from his school days and had his teacher dig up the music. I don't doubt Babyface arranged the music, just the order of things happening.

I don't really believe in the pooch. You know the guy probably had 2 or 3 t-shirts under that stripey hoodie, right? If he truly had a pooch, you'd see it in all pictures/videos, not just certain ones.

Hmmmmm, pooch or no pooch? I volunteer to be the official investigator. I'll have to get close-up and personal to get the most accurate evidence, but hey, it's all in the name of truth. I might have to instruct Clay to put on several different outfits to figure out if it's the clothes, or if he really has a pooch. Of course, he'll have to take the clothes off when he's putting new ones on, and that will give me more information, too. :)

:hubbahubba:

I don't really believe in the pooch. You know the guy probably had 2 or 3 t-shirts under that stripey hoodie, right? If he truly had a pooch, you'd see it in all pictures/videos, not just certain ones.

Hmmmmm, pooch or no pooch? I volunteer to be the official investigator. I'll have to get close-up and personal to get the most accurate evidence, but hey, it's all in the name of truth. I might have to instruct Clay to put on several different outfits to figure out if it's the clothes, or if he really has a pooch. Of course, he'll have to take the clothes off when he's putting new ones on, and that will give me more information, too. :)

:hubbahubba:

Oh I believe the pooch is pretty stable now in pictures and videos. Not as big as it seemed in that one photo...but its there. I think Clay's metabolism slowed down for some reason and now his old eating habits is creating this weight gain. I don't think he is anywhere near Ruben proportions but the weight gain is pretty obvious. He still looks hot though. There is something about his forearms that I find really sexy...

I agree that he has a pooch, Ansa, but I don't think it's quite as pronounced as in the fair picture with the horizontal stripes. The clothes emphasize the pooch. I think Clay's still sexy, though!

In other words, he looks like an average 28-year-old guy who doesn't live at the gym, used to be excessively skinny but age is catching up with him.

BWAH HA HA HA!

Yes, I have mild jealousy issues with exceptionally skinny dudes! I accept it!

Oh I believe the pooch is pretty stable now in pictures and videos. Not as big as it seemed in that one photo...but its there. I think Clay's metabolism slowed down for some reason and now his old eating habits is creating this weight gain. I don't think he is anywhere near Ruben proportions but the weight gain is pretty obvious. He still looks hot though. There is something about his forearms that I find really sexy...
Yeah that. Plus, I think for a lot of people who never had a weight problem earlier in life, when one does appear, for any reason, there is resistance to the idea. Sort of, 'Who me? You've got to be kidding!'

How about, Ho-Ho-Hos Finding Clay Aiken in the Heartland...? What? I keeed!!! :naughtywag:

In other words, he looks like an average 28-year-old guy who doesn't live at the gym, used to be excessively skinny but age is catching up with him.

BWAH HA HA HA!

Yup you are absolutely right. I remember my BIL having a similar weight gain even when he does work out. He finally had to change his eating habits too to get rid of the pooch. Which is suspect is still around. My hubby is always pretty conscious of it cos he was a fat child so he is always careful. His brother...always skinny...then mid 20's...it caught up to him.

So, I was thinking about the alleged pooch while I was taking my lunchtime walk. ['Cause, yeah, I have my own pooch issues that need attention... :P ]

th_ClayNCFair_RubenConcert.jpg

If the pooch goes, does the butt go, too? Because that would be kinda sad... :cry4:

Based on the pocket style, those are the same jeans we've been seeing him wear for a year or more, so I'm thinking any apparent weight gain over the period ain't really all that much...

Geez, I think we need some REAL news to discuss! :lmaosmiley-1:

Eeeek! No internet first thing this morning for about an hour...withdrawal! :cry4: There might be more clack! :cry4: I'm missing something, I just know it! :cry4:

Oh....phew....it's back!

jmh123

Oh, and she also reminded me that he said when he first saw Clay with all those women he said, "Who's that red-headed guy with all those women around him?"

Good for him! Just sayin'

His banter was good--not laugh out loud crazy funny like Clay's, but he gave a nice context to some of the songs with some nice stories. He acknowledged the audience and NC and really connected with people. He talked about how he was in the area doing that program in Durham last year and everybody was so good to him, he especially mentioned the people at Whole Foods and how good they were to him. He talked about going to church four times a week when he was a kid and didn't understand why he had to go so much--and then quoted an aphorism I can't remember about how these things become a part of who you are. He talked about education and how important it is--stay in school. A little boy right in front of us and his teenaged sister knew all the songs and hooted and hollered throughout the concert. The little boy could barely contain himself he was so excited to be seeing Ruben.

Awwww....I'm so glad you had a good time! I would have loved to have been there.

You know, Amanda Marshall fans are pathetic. Maybe it's just that she doesn't have an online presence/fan club. But there have been like maybe 4 posts on the one fan board that seems to be active, since the concert on Saturday. No one even wrote down the set list. Pffffft. I think I'd go crazy if it was that way for Clay.

:lmaosmiley-1: I think we're a weeeeeeee bit spoiled! :lmaosmiley-1:

BWAH HA HA HA!

Yup you are absolutely right. I remember my BIL having a similar weight gain even when he does work out. He finally had to change his eating habits too to get rid of the pooch. Which is suspect is still around. My hubby is always pretty conscious of it cos he was a fat child so he is always careful. His brother...always skinny...then mid 20's...it caught up to him.

Yup, I think that's exactly it as well...combined with any medication issues that compound the problem.

One of my "jobs" when my middle son was growing up was to search every city I got to, for size 28/36 jeans....ie....28 waist, 36 leg length :lol: He is now 38, and wears a 36 jean (ie, waist). By no means is he fat, his job is extremely physical, he plays fastball practically 24/7 year round, AND does the gym. It's just a natural aging process.

I often thought when I first saw Clay, that he was about the same size Steve was as a young adult; and having seen the clothes in the museum, I think he was probably even thinner than Steve. They are unbelievably small! So he needed the "expansion". I think he looks absolutely wonderful.

yup I don't think the gain was all that much either...but thats the kind of weight gain that is hard to lose...not just diet but real exercise with weights. I am actually getting quite used to the way he looks now. He's looking more like a successful business man or happy family man.

He's looking more like a successful business man or happy family man.

Well, we KNOW the first is true (and we've had a direct effect on making it so---just ask my banker :cry4: )...and for the second part?

Well, never let it be said that MUSKI is one to do any shipping....but boyfriend shore duz appear to be a happy camper these days...

Maybe it's all those tents he's pitching. :whistling-1:

Maybe Clay's shirt is just baggy. He didn't look poochy in the video.

NOT that I wouldn't love his little pooch.

I vote for layers! Believe me, I know what a real belly looks like! You can't have one one minute and gone the next. Poor Clay, he just gets so picked on. I would say poor baby, but it might be mistaken for maternal stuff instead of what I say about my friends - I am a sarcastic pitier. So, I won't say it.

Anyways.... Just strip him naked and we can decide for sure.

Finding Clay's Christmas Package?

What?

OK, totally ironic that this was the top post on page 69, right? RIGHT?!?!?!?

muski, I hope your doggie is doing OK. Big hugs and a dog bone coming your way.

jmh, thank you for the lovely report about the show last night. It sounds to me that Ruben took a few lessons from the "Clay Aiken School of Storytelling to Make a Show Interesting and Fun." It also makes me happy that Clay was able to attend, with friends, and simply enjoy himself. Also, in a strange way, I'm glad he was able to pretty much announce his intentions to go to the show on his own fanclub.

As far as his "fun" announcement goes, I just hope it ties into his losing his arm hair for a few weeks!

CITH? I'm with keepingfaith in that I'm enough of a Star Wars fan to go "huh?" on that one, even though I know what it means. I'm probably good with "Finding Clay Aiken in the Heartland" or some variation. BTW, I love the pin design cindilu2, because I really love "red guy."

Ah yes, the poochy tummy debate. Honestly, I think the pooch comes and goes, depending on what he wears and also simply if he's moving or not. It's always more pronounced to me in pictures than it is in video. But I do agree that his joking last year about getting "old and fat" on stage could be something that is getting more and more real to him (totally supposition on my part). That metabolism has been catching up to me for the past 20 years or so, and it's bound to do the same for him.

Maybe we should invite Clay to the weight loss thread here at FCA? We could whip him into shape just fine!

:thdom2:

... and then in 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZsnHIKXVHE...ted&search=

But mostly I wish Happy Birthday to Justin Hayward because he wrote and sang this song in 1969, which is my favorite song in the history of songs that I even know about. It still takes my breath away - and the album cover is all the video this song will allow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZsnHIKXVHE...ted&search=

I loved the Moody Blues!! I never paid too much attention to the individuals tho.

So Justin Hayward is 61? Was that version of "Watching and Waiting" from 2005? What a loverly song!

The two links went to the same song with the album cover.

While ya'll are eeeeing over Clay I'm eeeeeeeeeein'g over Idol Rewind. Wow, I've only watched the first 5 minutes and they have included people that weren't shown on the original..including QUIANA...I let out a squeeeeeeeeee. Did ya'll see her? Or am I seeing things! She was so cute.

I saw her - I saw her!!! I looked and a half-second later I said "Was that Quiana?" So I rewound and paused and there she was!! I think the audition in Charlotte maybe let her bypass the first group of producers and go straight to the "zero trio"? Wasn't it the first group of producers that Clay sang "Perfect Strangers" to?

Thanks for all the Ruben Show Clack!!! Wooooo Hooooooo!!! I played around with this one a bit. I hope you likey!!

ClayNCFair-lgr.jpg

I am learning all kinds of new photoshop stuff while trying to find stuff to post in the photoshop thread!!

Love the new pin cindi!! How about DCCT - for Doing Clay Christmas Tour??

Or would that be "Doing Clay For Christmas Tour"?? :lilredani:

Maybe Clay's shirt is just baggy. He didn't look poochy in the video.

NOT that I wouldn't love his little pooch.

yeah , the video--Hold me back. There is a slowed down video at CV that huskerfalcon did that shows him entering the concert. He looks jaw-droppingly hott. All shoulders and legs and aw, hmmm, jeans, taking long, long strides. Not much tummy in that video. He actually looks quite slim. I guess when he's standing up straight, his shirts are all smoothed out. and his posture is better. I'll take one to go, please.

Ansa... there is something about almost all of Clay that I find really sexy... :Thud:

My take on the weight gain is that it is a combination of the meds and the fact that he hired a cook and is actually eating more than one meal a day... remember Leno when he told us about this. When he's on tour he always loses weight. He lost weight in Afganistan. But, when he doing 3 squares.... cute pooch! He looked GREAT in Sterling Heights in those low rider jeans and tucked in blue shirt... :hubbahubba: Also, the clothes/angle/posture affects the look, too. Gorgeous man!!!

Ohhh, love smiley giving big Clay hug!!! :thbighug-1: :cryingwlaughter:

I loved the Moody Blues!! I never paid too much attention to the individuals tho.

So Justin Hayward is 61? Was that version of "Watching and Waiting" from 2005? What a loverly song!

The two links went to the same song with the album cover.

Oops -- sorry 'bout that. The link for Watching and Waiting is the actual song off the 1969 album To Our Childrens Childrens Children. Regarding 2005, the link was intended to be a video of Are You Sitting Comfortably from the 2005 tour (which I saw) to contrast the 1970 video .... and I hope this link is finally correct! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KRYmcF8XYY. There's a lot to be said about living right when you can do it at 60 as well as you did it at 20 -- I'm talking about singing the big notes in Nights in White Satin!

I know there's no point in shipping Clay with anybody because there's just no telling with that boy. He is a tease you know. But discounting her because she's Clay's step-father's aunt's granddaughter is pretty weird to me. That's no blood relation at all, and there's nothing to indicate that they grew up together or had established a cousins identity with each other growing up. She didn't get a mention in his book when he was naming everybody but the dogs. He mentioned Nanny McGhee's grandchildren, and all his cousins from Ray's side, but no Jamie. Just saying, she apparently lives with him, travels with him, and goes out socially with him --- no matter what, she's way more than a distant, no-relation cousin. But even if she's just a hairdresser/companion, and Clay is helping her through a bad time in her life, or whatever, they always look great together, and happy. Am I the only one that sees her strong resemblance to Marie Osmond?

Well the poochy debate does change because Clay changes. This debate has been going on for years now and I used to be on the layers side...now I do think in the past year and a half he has developed a bit of a pooch. To me this is not necessarily a criticism...but an objective observation. The boy has gained weight and I don't think its a bad thing. I don't think he needs to shape up cos I don't think its a beer gut he has or that he has reached an unhealthy weight gain. I think it is just something the fans have to get used to...he is no longer skinny...but just right IMO. I don't think he has to try to get back to 2004 in looks. This is part of his evolution. If the bit of a belly bothers him...its up to him to do something about it. We just have to get used to it.

I know there's no point in shipping Clay with anybody because there's just no telling with that boy. He is a tease you know. But discounting her because she's Clay's step-father's aunt's granddaughter is pretty weird to me. That's no blood relation at all, and there's nothing to indicate that they grew up together or had established a cousins identity with each other growing up. She didn't get a mention in his book when he was naming everybody but the dogs. He mentioned Nanny McGhee's grandchildren, and all his cousins from Ray's side, but no Jamie. Just saying, she apparently lives with him, travels with him, and goes out socially with him --- no matter what, she's way more than a distant, no-relation cousin. But even if she's just a hairdresser/companion, and Clay is helping her through a bad time in her life, or whatever, they always look great together, and happy. Am I the only one that sees her strong resemblance to Marie Osmond?

The thing is...he keeps saying, "This is my cousin." A cousin, to me, is not a distant relationship in any shape or form - it's very intimate. Almost sibling-like but not quite. You can flirt with/have crushes on/battle with cousins and it means nothing besides, "That's my cousin". I had a cousin whom I hadn't spoken to in a couple of years (wasn't angry, just hadn't spoken to him) get up in the middle of the night, drive to where I was living out in the woods and 8 months pregnant because I thought I heard something. I just hang out with cousins. That's what cousins are for. You don't even have to be especially nice to them - just their mamas. I have one that I will call "Jamie" until the day I die - his wife used to try and correct us. You might see him as a attractive, dignified man - I see my cousin "Jamie" who informed me that all McDonald's hamburgers were made of earthworms.

I guess it's just nothing I've ever seen in their interactions (what little I've seen) falls out of treating her like a cousin. Hell, I've sat on cousin's knees. They're cousins - it's one of their jobs!