#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

Well, I'm not being sensible. At all. I REALLY, REALLY need to see this show again. And I have a lead on tickets to the Omaha show on the 21st - orchestra row C tickets, to be specific. The only problem is that I'm supposed to be at a huge rehearsal on the 22nd at 10:00 AM, for a performance on the 23rd. Yikes!! But maybe I can get them to change the rehearsal time to later that day. And, I need a partner in crime to go with me, preferably from the Denver area. Hopefully Reiki can get the time off. I don't know if it's really going to happen, but it sure would be fun. I could meet a few more FCAers, too, which would be great fun!

I will not enable. I will not enable I will not enable. I will not enable. I will not enable.

I will not enable. I will not enable I will not enable. I will not enable. I will not enable.

I WILL!!! I WILLL!!!

Do it, Gibby, Do it! Do it! You NEED to see this again.

Gibby, are you flying or driving? If you are driving, would you happen to be coming through North Platte?

Just sayin'... :lilredani:

See??? If you don't do it, JJ won't get to see a show, and IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT!! You don't want to carry that guilt around for the rest of your life, do you?

And those of us who've never met JJ would be soooooo disappointed. JaMar and I will be there, and Couchie. If you don't come, we may just have to talk about you. :cryingwlaughter:

Brought to you by Bookwhore, Certified Enabling Instructor.

Wow, you're quite the enabler, BW! You stop at nothing - you use guilt, social pressure, the threat of gossip - gee! I'd be really stoooopid not to go to this concert, wouldn't I? :cryingwlaughter:

Reiki can't go because of work. :cry4: But I'm still trying to find a partner in crime, and I PM'd JJ about the details. We'll see!

ACk - Akim, do you do other's houses? I am still painting. 7 doors and 4 large windows and irregular small wall space.

Sorry I don't do painting, but I could send hubby over (he actually likes painting!)

Kim

GIANT SPANGLED c.gifo.gifd.gifp.gifi.gife.gifc.gife.gifs.gif!

Yeah, so nobody's probably much thinking about Spamalot right now in the midst of the CITH Tour. However, as laughn posted earlier today, she and I went to see a performance of Spamalot by the national touring company today. The version they are doing is supposed to be exactly the same as the Broadway show. Well, except the touring company Sir Robin is not, you know, the sooperhawt singing stud Clay Aiken. That minor detail aside, I found the show to be loud and rude and exceedingly silly and I laughed my face off. It is terrific fun and so colorful and Sir Robin frequently screams and puts his hands on his ass. ['Scuse me while I take a moment...]

Naturally, I tended to focus on the Sir Robin part. Clay is definitely going to have to do an English accent, and I'm sure he's working on it, no matter what he's telling the M&G'ers. The group choreography involving the principal knights didn't look that hard to me, so I don't see Clay having too much trouble with that aspect. The more difficult dances are done by what I'm sure are professional dancers in the chorus. Sir Robin's big number came up after the intermission. In my opinion, Clay's going to need some training to do that number justice, but I'm sure he'll get it. I would think just learning where to stand and figuring out how to be funny while doing various bits of business would take some rehearsal time, too. At times, there are a large number of actors and dancers on the stage, so the blocking could be a bit of a challenge.

Oh yeah. The giant spangled codpiece? Was worn by Sir Lancelot, who is this production, turned out to be very cute and who also had a very nice butt in his tights. Unfortunately, Sir Robin keeps his tunic on, so I can't comment on his...

I've seen the show twice. Clay will definitely have to do the Jewish dance...which should be very interesting considering his long bendy legs. The leads play a couple of other roles in the show, too, so Clay may have his hands full with that.

I have no doubt he can do it but the Jewish dance could be interesting.

Wow, you're quite the enabler, BW! You stop at nothing - you use guilt, social pressure, the threat of gossip - gee! I'd be really stoooopid not to go to this concert, wouldn't I? :cryingwlaughter:

Reiki can't go because of work. :cry4: But I'm still trying to find a partner in crime, and I PM'd JJ about the details. We'll see!

Well, if those tactics don't work I'm sure we can come up with something more convincing. Maybe I could send a couple of thugs from Jersey over to pay you a visit?

Clay doing the Jewish dance....I dunno. Everytime I watch them do that, all I can think is that when Clay drags his foot up from behind, it's gonna turn around backwards and he'll be standing there with two backwards feet. That particular dance position may afford us some quality Waldo sightings though, if I'm remembering correctly.

A girl can dream, can't she?

keepingfaith, you're not the only member of the eHP who isn't in Washington today.

227720339-L.jpg

kareneh! Thanks for checking in ... now I don't feel like I'm in complete exile here tonight. That picture above is no less than sublime. Clay standing in that light at what must be the big ending of AIW is fabulous stuff. I'm so happy you captured that moment.

playbiller, I haven't ventured over there in a few days. Clay's a victim again? Who did him in this time ... Archvillain Clive-ly Whiplash???

BWAH, why everyone at RCA and 19, TBPB, you know. When was the last time he had to talk to anyone at 19? Well, anyone not 19R. it is all because there are too many idols, out there now. I sort of agree there are too many. I wish they would do the show every other year, but Networks are bound to drive a show into the ground by over using it.

BWAH, why everyone at RCA and 19, TBPB, you know. When was the last time he ahd to tlake to anyone at 19?
So are some people thinking he could have narrated this season of Rewind, and filmed his on-camera updates, without talking to anyone at 19? That would be quite a nifty trick!

Do not miss Scarlett's Jazzy Medley from Kalamazoo!

There is clack and there is PRIMO CLACK, and that is PRIMO! IMO, that is Frank and Ella caliber (I like oldies!)

You can get it "rye cheer" (as my grandad would have said)! Or, more correctly, he would have said, "rye chee-ah."

My dad used the same expression. Thank you for reminding me of it as I had forgotten!

I'm back....... I couldn't find anyone after the show, and all my party (niece, cousin, and friend) wanted to leave early without going for a drink anywhere, so I'm home early. I got a few pix and a little vid, which I will deal with later!!

I will treat you to a couple pix in a few minutes!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

PS - I was a little afraid to do vids because of the camera nazis.... but I managed a few!! :)

Woo hoo! CG and I are back in our hotel after our first (and my only) concert. His voice was close to perfection and he looked oh so yummy (Yes, even with the glasses, CG!) We got to shoot the shit with KAndre, 00lsee, merrieee, Solo, Scarlett, Perusing One, Dolce Pienza, & Karma4Clay -- went to a French cafe type joint and had some expensive French desserts...were very loud and the place was closing, but we left a fat tip, so there.

I also got to meet someone I bought my ticket from (she's a CH person) and I met jmh(and some numbers) from here and CV! That was cool...And we met duckyvee, too!

The theater was intimate and pretty full from what we could see. The lighting wasn't as dramatic as what I've been hearing about and the lone microphone thingy didn't seem to work, but he kicked ASS on the last two numbers, fo' sho'! And CG and I had to moan together afterwards over the oh-so-full-of-testosterone attitude he brought to that last "All Is Weeeeeellllllllll" Whoa, mama. :hubbahubba:

Loved it. CG will give her own assessment. I really think his voice has developed incredibly and sounded so very, very beautiful throughout the whole concert. (Yes, Gibby, dear...go to another one. The first one doesn't even compare in vocal quality---at least from what I can hear from the audio clack.)..

Did I already say he looked gorgeous? Oh and he shed his long coat for AIW...sigh. He looks so hot in those black threads and I kept noticing his beltloops and remembering how he said he hates belts....and thinking about those pants resting on his hips....

GAWD. :Thud:

I wanna go to another one....'cuse me while I go buy a lottery ticket...

That scar? On his chin?

Fucking HOT. I must have him. Um, more than before.

My realization of the day. That is all.

bwah

can somebody post a scar picture..with arrows and everything. thanks

Glad to hear some FCAers got together. Whoo hooo.... but lord do we ever organize heee. I hope everyone who was looking for FCA just followed the bling and was able to do so.

Waves to Muski... Glad you enjoyed your only show!

Loved it. CG will give her own assessment. I really think his voice has developed incredibly and sounded so very, very beautiful throughout the whole concert. (Yes, Gibby, dear...go to another one. The first one doesn't even compare in vocal quality---at least from what I can hear from the audio clack.)..

Yay, it was a great concert for Muski and CG!! Is CG upset about the glasses? From the pics, he looks pretty darn hawt, even with the glasses?

Wow, I thought he sounded fantastic in Wichita - so if he's better, I might not survive if I get to go to Omaha!

Excellent pics, chacha!

Gibby... how far is it from Denver to Omaha? If you start driving right after the concert, you'll be wide enough awake to drive a couple of hours, stop and get some sleep and then finish driving. I hope you can arrange to go... jumpingjacks, too. That would be awesome!

[rant] Some idiot from CH spilled the beans about the secret Clay asked the M&Gers to keep. Now, it was not that important of a secret, but what a putz! She said she didn't care if people thought she was a bad fan... I don't think she's a bad fan... I think she's an untrustworthy person. How can you be proud of the fact that you can't keep a secret... geesh! [/rant]

Liney - It's an 8 hour drive. It's a good idea to leave after the concert and drive a few hours! JJ suggested it, too. And it looks like I probably can get my rehearsal changed to a later time, so it's looking like I'm going to Omaha!

I read the spilled secret, and I jellus of the M&Gers. Yeah, it was not real classy to spill the secret, but I guess we would find out in January, anyway.

ETA: Mimefan got audio tonight in DC!! *happy dance* I love the quality of her recordings. And since both the orchestra and Clay were excellent tonight, it will be primo clack! She has to get her audio cleaned up, and will upload it by Christmas.

I think she's an untrustworthy person. How can you be proud of the fact that you can't keep a secret... geesh!

I was waiting for someone to have that reaction. The only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead! Nothing is as tantalizing as the forbidden and this secret spread at close to the speed of light. I do wonder if Clay let this slip by design or if he had a rare instance of loose lips (at least since he became a public figure). IIRC, the guy was voted biggest gossip in high school. IMO, the info wasn't a monumental secret, but it will be interesting if any more M&G "secrets" are given, or if this puts the lid on them. From all the supposed "secrecy", I was rather disappointed to find out how "that's all there is?" about the real info.