#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

QUOTE(dancermom2 @ Jan 19 2008, 08:41 AM) *

Simon used to say...you belong on Broadway like it was some diss to Clay. I used to respond that diss by saying that those that make it to Broadway are only the best of the best. Last night on the stage of the Shubert theater Clay Aiken proved those words to me.

I wonder ...

1) If AI#7 will mention Spamalot

2) If Simon will attend a performance... I mean, he's English and the English just love Monty Python. I imagine he's already seen it, but will he go back and see Clay especially since he went on and on about Clay being perfect for Broadway. I guess the question is... does he care?

?

Got this from a friend who was there last night...

[quote}He chases the bar girls in the Excalibur scene...all the knights are getting a drink...marguarita's and beers and he gets a coke......

I wonder if someone convinced him that in order to dance well he needs to wear shoes that fit better, so he did... no extra 2 inches to trip over. Makes sense to me and maybe he will get used to it and start wearing shoes that fit him better. Could happen!

This excitement is just sooo much fun! Wheee!!!

I can't get over how you guys notice every little detail about Clay!

Oh honey, just you wait. Start studying at the School of Clay Aiken details, and you'll be just like us before you know it.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh man, I have to go grocery shopping today. I don't wanna! I want to look at pretty pictures instead.

Bookwhore, if I hadn't seen pictures of Quiana last week in Dreamgirls (where the same thing happened to her), I would have been like "what IS that big zit on his forehead?" :cryingwlaughter:

I'm still in permagrin mode here. I knew he would reach my expectations for him, and far surpassed them. Pinch me, I think I'm in heaven now.

claytonic, we absolutely notice every little (and big!) thing about Clay. We ain't Clay fans for nuthin! :lilredani:

Linluvsclay at CB:

Good morning everyone! Out of all the images that keep popping into my head this morning when I think about Clay last night, the one that I can't get out of my mind is when he did that dance. The squatting, the kicking his leg, there are just no words. He was really awesome doing it. Flipping up his tunic with his back to us, bending over, and showing his butt in tights when he went to sit on the piano bench is coming in second on the list!! Third is being prone on the floor right in front of me for a good chunk of time, and fourth is hearing him say "sh*t"!! For some reason, that cracked me up because I didn't expect it. And let me tell you, it just rolled off his tongue as if he'd been saying it for years!! The very best memory of the night was his beaming smile and glowing face when he walked back on stage to take a bow. He was radiant and it was unforgettable.

I do think that Clay fans will "get" and appreciate what he does more than the NJU folks and will therefore think a lot of what he does is hilarious. We roared when he cursed, and people who think saying that word is rather ordinary won't understand our reaction. The same goes for everytime he danced or even moved his body on the stage in a way that we've never seen before (and he did that ALOT). We, as fans, know the subtleties and nuances of him--his glances, his moves, his facial expressions, the way he looks at the audience to see if we're "getting it". There was an incredible energy and connection when he was on the stage that wasn't there when he was off. Sure, the play itself is hysterically funny and everyone laughed out loud (which I rarely do but did last night), but when he was on, it was all so enhanced and just magical. Our love for him certainly came through, as well as our respect by honoring his wishes about no clack. I can't wait until you all see him and hear your reactions to the show. You are in for an unforgettable evening with Clay. And even though he told us to watch everyone else while he's on stage--forget that!! Impossible to do!!

I was looking for more information about Scott Taylor, the dance "supervisor" (captain) from Spamalot and found an article about dancers that I think applies to actors, as well. See if you agree with me that Clay REALLY fits the bill for the type of person producers are looking for...Broadway. This article is from 2000, which just goes to show how far Scott has come since then. I'm so grateful to him for showing Clay the way with patience and encouragement.

WOW. What a night this has been. Gorgeous press photos, YAY! So glad that we got some official-type clack. And a blog to boot! What a guy. And I didn't think I could him more today than yesterday, but of course I do.

Are we supposed to fill in a blank there? You don't think you could ___ him? Love him? Do him? Lick him? A combination of them all?

BWAH. All of the above.

Things that are making me even more schmoopy this morning than all the glorious pictures of the curtain call already did....

This:

20080118SpamalotOpening.jpg

And this, from CH:

bringing this over from another board.. Knights On Broadway...

Run, don't walk, to download bigapple's stage door video. What an electric atmosphere! You can see Faye, Brett & Grandma being ushered backstage by Jerome, and when the man comes out of the door, the crowd goes wild. You can hear the paparazzi asking Clay to look their way, too. The camera flashes are nonstop!

Run, don't walk, to download bigapple's stage door video. What an electric atmosphere! You can see Faye, Brett & Grandma being ushered backstage by Jerome, and when the man comes out of the door, the crowd goes wild. You can hear the paparazzi asking Clay to look their way, too. The camera flashes are nonstop!

I just watched it! Baby is a star!

Kim

where do I find this to download from?

Hello FCA!

QUOTE(dancermom2 @ Jan 19 2008, 08:41 AM) *

Simon used to say...you belong on Broadway like it was some diss to Clay. I used to respond that diss by saying that those that make it to Broadway are only the best of the best. Last night on the stage of the Shubert theater Clay Aiken proved those words to me.

I wonder ...

1) If AI#7 will mention Spamalot

2) If Simon will attend a performance... I mean, he's English and the English just love Monty Python. I imagine he's already seen it, but will he go back and see Clay especially since he went on and on about Clay being perfect for Broadway. I guess the question is... does he care?

?

To me the question would be " Do I care what Simon thinks or does?' Not much I suppose. If he is seen going to the theater to see Clay, I wouldn't know what to feel.

At one point, a photographer, frustrated because the security guard kept blocking his shot, apparently finally gets a good picture and says, "Oh, my god. Nice shot, Clay!" hee I'm very, very happy to see Clay looking so CALM and unruffled, even with the crowds, flashes, and mayhem....He's a star, y'all.

Thanks for bringing that over, Gibby. It's in various vaults, claytonic. If you can hold on for a minute, I'm uploading you a link to sendspace.

At one point, a photographer, frustrated because the security guard kept blocking his shot, apparently finally gets a good picture and says, "Oh, my god. Nice shot, Clay!" hee I'm very, very happy to see Clay looking so CALM and unruffled, even with the crowds, flashes, and mayhem....He's a star, y'all.

Thanks for bringing that over, Gibby. It's in various vaults, claytonic. If you can hold on for a minute, I'm uploading you a link to sendspace.

I thought he said "Nice job, Clay" about his performance. Perhaps I need to go watch it again! Bwahaha!

Well, alrighty then, forget sendspace! lol

jumpingjacks,

I thought he said "Nice job, Clay" about his performance. Perhaps I need to go watch it again! Bwahaha!
Let me know what you hear the second or fifteenth time around. It's research, don'tcha know! :)

Mood: Giddy

Invisible926 posted this about 1 o'clock at the CH...

toni7babe just called me. They just saw Clay enter the theater. He was following Jerome and wearing his black puffy jacket with the hood on. He was smiling and said "hi guys."

They got a few pics and a little video but won't be able to post them till tonight.

He's getting all ready to be Sir Robin once again. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Matinees are such a quick turn around time. Even in community theater, it's amazing how quick it's time to be back at the theater....of course we have cast parties that last until oh-dark-thirty, too.

I've watched it again...I'm pretty sure he says "Nice job, Clay"....could be wrong.... :cryingwlaughter:

claytonic, if you haven't already, bookmark http://www.clackunlimited.com. Everything you could ever want!

Here is a direct link for the stage door video.

Well I did go to Cwww.clackunlimited.con first but could not see where it was.

that stagedoor link ... my browser crashed when I tried to download from it. That happened 3 times. I wonder why...

claytonic, if you haven't already, bookmark http://www.clackunlimited.com. Everything you could ever want!

that stagedoor link ... my browser crashed when I tried to download from it. That happened 3 times. I wonder why...

maybe many people are downloading?

Are you right clicking and then "saving target as?" Or are you just clicking on the link? It will play, but you really need to try and save it if possible. The vault keepers tend to discourage direct playing from the vaults. If you are right clicking and saving, then I'm not sure what you should be trying next. Maybe you don't have enough room on your hard drive?

Off to watch the stage door video....

Matinees are such a quick turn around time. Even in community theater, it's amazing how quick it's time to be back at the theater....of course we have cast parties that last until oh-dark-thirty, too.

I've watched it again...I'm pretty sure he says "Nice job, Clay"....could be wrong.... :cryingwlaughter:

I thought he said nice shot..it was all about getting a good picture. I thought it was hilarious. Specially when he was ..over the shoulder Clay, over the shoulder...well I had to try..and somebody was extremely happy with the picture they got. What a life!

*Happy sigh* That is all. :)

Just watched the stage door video....my god. Imagine doing that 8 times a week! After doing that show 8 times a week! The man's done gone and done it now, folks. He's a star and he can't go back now.

Whoa.

Whoa.

I cannot fuckin' WAIT til it's my turn to BE there with him! Okay...gotta go watch it again. :DoClay: