#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

keepingfaith...thanks for your interpretation...can't wait to watch a download for myself, but I betcha he wouldn't mean that the enthusiasm of his fans embarrassed HIM....only that he was overwhelmed by the difference in his applause and that for his castmates. But the fact that he explained that and then said his 'new friends' let him know they loved the noise and excitement makes it all fine for me!

I think the hair looks very 'hip', actually. I'd rather it not be so stiff (Heh, never imagined I'd ever type THAT sentence! :cryingwlaughter: ), but I prefer to think that's because he was 'detained' by some lucky beyotch who wouldn't let him leave her bed and he had to rush to 'do something' with his hair.

yeah...that's what will carry ME through the day! :hubbahubba:

Did we say that he yodeled a little?

I actually missed that.

I was so busy trying to type what was being said...that was one of the toughest reporting I ever did...and I usually do every appearance. Its because they were talking so fast and over each other it was really hard to understand. And so many info was coming out. It was exhausting.

oh one of the things I loved is when he said he had to be careful not to react to the audience since he always does it in concert. Someone mentioned cos there is that 4th wall...

I don't tape the appearances because I rather have them on the computer...so just waiting for the view to come on again. For the download as well.

As much as I loved the AI5 hair and look and ATDW look...I do think that he is past that. This is the look that young Emo kids have and aritsts like Zack efron....so I do think it may not fit the image for his next album. I don't think the blonde is my favorite look but I don;t mind it.

I really think he took one look at the Jenna Bush party picture and said....make me looks as different form that guy as possible. But he was looking really fit now...gorgeous.

I really think he took one look at the Jenna Bush party picture and said....make me look as different from that guy as possible. But he was looking really fit now...gorgeous.

From your lips to his stylist's ears. :praying:

I think it was Shari who said that about coming from a small town.

I think Clay was late today. First, there was the "we'll be back when we find Clay Aiken comment" ... and then when he came out and was greeting everyone he said "I'm so embarrassed" to Joy. I think that he was somehow detained and that's why the appearance was so short -- and why they went on and on talking about nothing before he come out.

In defining Claymates for Whoopie, he laughed and said Claymates carry his picture around everywhere (and then the camera showed audience members holding up his picture).

Regarding being embarrassed last Friday night, he said, Oh no, they're going to embarrass me in front of my new friends, referred to the disproportionate response he received from the audience. It's obvious Clay doesn't want to be perceived as stealing the thunder from the established cast members. But face it Clay -- you have and you will. Get used to it. And he did say the cast loved it.

And ... I interpreted Elizabeth's remarks "You'll get to the point where you want to go back" as referring more to Idol than high school.

I've watched it three times now -- and it gets better every time. He's happy.

Oh I totally agree with your take on the embarrass part...he did say it was the huge applause that he got that was embarrassing and because he worried about the others...But the the cast said it was fine and he did say something about the show being on so long already.

I will rewatch it again...now the problem with this interview...there were so many people talking over each other and it went so fast that its easy for some people to focus on the word embarrass and not hear the rest of what he had to say.

I really think the hairstyle is so hip and it has the look of casual elegance...like he didn;t even have anything to do with it at all...but is actually styled that way in purpose...

I want Clay to stay stylish--as that's what he needs to do in this business. Long hair, short hair, bald, I don't give a damn. It's Clay I love.

OOOOOOOH, HE'S SO CUUUUUUUTE!!!!

And HOTT and Handsome and HOTT and HOTT :hubbahubba: The shoes...the arm furrrr...

I love the hair color. The style was not my favorite, but I've seen lots of that style around now. I liked the contrast between the sideburns and the haircolor.

I can't really put my finger on why exactly I'm finding him even more attractive than usual. Maybe it's the blond hair combined with the his excitement and enthusiasm over Spamalot.

Ansamcw, you did a great job on the reporting. There was a lot going on. Thank heavens for downloads - too much to process so quickly.

Sigh I knew I missed a lot of details when I was reporting.

I guess he did answer the age question of Joy's...he said he was 29 and Joy said she had hoola hoops older than him...

He was also very aware that Whoopi had Broadway experience since he goes to her you know how that is...

and the hair convo started because he they said the Claymates in the audience had pictures of him and he said it was kinda weird cos the wig was pretty close to his real hair color so it takes him aback a bit to see the picture.

also about the claymate name...he said it was created by the fans and at first he was...then he made hmmm kinda look and he figures...if you can;t beat them join them.

the embarrassing convo came about because Whoopi was wondering how the claymates were in the theater and the others were asking if they would throw things at him and he said not in this show yet thank god and he was very hesitant to use the word embarrass...and he explained cos they would scream ...CLAAAY ...when he comes out...oh it was also Whoopi that asked how was that for the otehrs on the stage...and Clay said the cast said it was refreshing cos the show has been going on for a while so this was something new.

I thought it was a great show...and I do think he was late cos he was apologetic when he arrived

EEEEEEEEEEE

eta: ok just watched the dl and thank god for our cappers...and as he enter..he was embarrassed by them showing the spamalot picture...he was saying hoe weird he was in that hair...so nope I take it back...don;t think he was late or apologetic ...just his usual deprecating self who is the first one to make fun of his pictures...

At first his hair was kind of a shock, but I think it makes him look more grown-up. Particularly when I look at all the bangs pictures.

I like it.

It must be weird to have all those accomplishmnets and talent and be asked about (and judged harshly on, in some cases) his current hair style.

But from what he said that wasn't his goal. He wanted to look younger. If that was his goal, he should do anything but an 1840's hairstyle. It may have worked for Franz Lizst ....

220px-Liszt_28Lehmann_portrait29.jpg

but he had a shorter forehead.

I happen to be Clay's fan, not his mommie, so I really don't think Clay cares what I think about his hair. But I damn sure have an opinion. As always, I'm glad some fans like his look, whatever it may be. I also think the light blond hair tends to wash him out ... but I can go for this ANY day ...

s5.jpg

He's the bee's knees in spite of not accentuating the most flattering looks sometime. Maybe he's not comfortable looking so blazingly HAWT all the time!! But I don't get the remark that he has nothing to do with his hairstyles -- like it's out of his hands and he's a helpless victim. I don't get that.

I liked the contrast between the sideburns and the haircolor.

Yes! SO hawt. :hubbahubba: Because it brings up the whole carpet/drapes thing and then the mind boggles. :Thud:

I watched just the video (no audio at work) and I thought he looked :hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba: --even with the sprayed on hair! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm sticking with my story about him having to rush and tear himself away from a woman who, although totally worn out by his fabulous lovemaking, still reached for him and tried to get him to get back in bed for more! So he really didn't have time to mess with his hair.

Dayum. Is it time to go home yet? :huh:

I think it means he really does not know what looks good on him or not. He leaves that to the stylist to tell him what looks better.

KF...i know you loved the long hair with bangs...but maybe HE didn't like it or was sick of it. As much as I liked AI5 hair...that really wasn't him IMO. It was so stylized and difficult to maintain. I'm glad he went a bit shorter with ATDW hair. He probably wanted a new look and they decided to try this. It seems like he has anxieties about reaching 30 and he wanted a new look that makes him look more carefree. I think they are looking for the surfer look right now. Also...maybe they ...and I mean they as in his stylist and TC and Clay...feel that its a new phase in his life time to look different.

What I wonder about is if this hair will survive till the promo of the next CD. I am looking forward to the look he will have for that. Each Album cover he has sure looks different.

SOOOOO in honor of Clay's ever evolving look....I make our regular Tuesday banner change...

This banner was created by 00lsee

He looks Gorgeous....and CUTE....hee

Thanks 00lsee!!!

Beautiful! I gasped when I opened FCA. :clap:

pins have arrived!!

:DoClay: Yah! :whee:

I'm sticking with my story about him having to rush and tear himself away from a woman who, although totally worn out by his fabulous lovemaking, still reached for him and tried to get him to get back in bed for more! So he really didn't have time to mess with his hair.

* snap * Of course, that's IT! You absolutely positively 100% CMSU.

KF...i know you loved the long hair with bangs...but maybe HE didn't like it or was sick of it. As much as I liked AI5 hair...that really wasn't him IMO. It was so stylized and difficult to maintain. I'm glad he went a bit shorter with ATDW hair.

If all it took was a stylized and difficult to maintain hairstyle to make me hot sexy and irresistible, I'd commit. ATDW hair was fabulous. It's the bangs, baby, the bangs. Muski's avatar, that I pant over, ... it's the hair in the face that kills. And that he's dressed in black. Just exposing my own weaknesses here.

We, my husband and I, arrived at playbillers after 11:00 last night after spending a few days with the SIL from Hell! I'm so thankful that it will satisfy her for a few months.

My husband and play are taking a nap before taking off for Spamalot as a result of a large and delicious Japanese buffet we went to at noon.

Loved Clay's look on the View and wasn't he so in control. I can actually see him being a talk show host. He really took control and seemed to leave them speechless. I know we will always disagree on his best look. But having raised two sons ,one of whom I was never sure what color or style his hair would be day to day, I guess I can just go with the flow.

Well here's hoping for another great show tonight. :lilredani:

Loved Clay's look on the View and wasn't he so in control. I can actually see him being a talk show host. He really took control and seemed to leave them speechless. I know we will always disagree on his best look. But having raised two sons ,one of whom I was never sure what color or style his hair would be day to day, I guess I can just go with the flow.

Well here's hoping for another great show tonight. :lilredani:

yup... one thing is for sure...the blonde, beach boy look won't last...and dark hair will comeback sometime in the future.

From CH:

Very nice write-up from Broadway.com and photos to scroll through

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Photo_op.aspx?ci=559431

Five years after his second-place finish on American Idol, Clay Aiken has made it to Broadway! The strong-voiced pop singer (and top selling male Idol contestant to date) made his debut on January 18 as not-so-brave Sir Robin in Spamalot, clad in a Prince Valiant-style wig and ready to take his place among King Arthur's knights. Also making her Broadway bow: British actress Hannah Waddingham, who won warm reviews for her Lady of the Lake in the show's London production. Broadway.com gathered with the cheering Claymates to give a warm winter welcome to Aiken and Waddingham. Both stars look mighty happy to be here!

Now I have a question and I'm serious. When somebody clicks on that link and sees that picture of Clay---I'm talking about somebody NOT us---do they see what I see? Or do they not even notice? I'm serious.

From CH:

Very nice write-up from Broadway.com and photos to scroll through

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Photo_op.aspx?ci=559431

Five years after his second-place finish on American Idol, Clay Aiken has made it to Broadway! The strong-voiced pop singer (and top selling male Idol contestant to date) made his debut on January 18 as not-so-brave Sir Robin in Spamalot, clad in a Prince Valiant-style wig and ready to take his place among King Arthur's knights. Also making her Broadway bow: British actress Hannah Waddingham, who won warm reviews for her Lady of the Lake in the show's London production. Broadway.com gathered with the cheering Claymates to give a warm winter welcome to Aiken and Waddingham. Both stars look mighty happy to be here!

Now I have a question and I'm serious. When somebody clicks on that link and sees that picture of Clay---I'm talking about somebody NOT us---do they see what I see? Or do they not even notice? I'm serious.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't notice if someone didn't mention it....I forget to look at his crotch 'cause I'm so busy looking at his face.

I'm a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad fan. :imgtongue: