#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

Just a quick post. This was the first and probably last time I'll see Spamalot. Glad I got to see it. It was so much fun. Mr. Fear enjoyed it too and said Clay was very good. Being an ensemble, I was so glad to see that Clay fit in with the others and wonderfully expressed his character. I counted on play to tell me what changed from other performances as this seems to make people go many times.

I went in cold, never watched any videos or listened to any songs. I still understood what was going on and got most of the jokes. It's just more fun to be surprised. We waited to see Clay and the others after the show. He seemed in a really good mood and laughed quite a bit.

I was a little concerned about falling asleep as I did at a Capital Steps performance in DC on Saturday night and at the Baltimore Aquarium on Monday while leaning against a railing. So before the show tonight I had a huge cup of coffee. I may never sleep again.

Thanks for all your good wishes this afternoon. They worked. Loved the show. Loved Sir Robin.

Honestly, I don't quite get what Play's referring to? "Those who thought he is hiding something are wrong?"

To dance belt or not to dance belt, that is the question? Whether 'tis nobler......... :whistling-1:My cryptic read, anyway.

I went back to see if there was anything that helped me 'get it'....this quote from liney as a reference of jazzgirl's post above is the only thing I could find....

Weeeellll, could it be he is wearing the dance whateveritscalled, but no one showed him how to wear it, so it's just sitting there bunching up while what's supposed to be in it is hiding below all free and happy?????

So if I 'get it', play's saying that he ain't hiding nothing cuz it's all out there for everybody to see? Is that it? :huh:

Humor me. I'm just a simple country girl from a small North Carolina town. I'm slow sometimes. :lilredani::whistling-1:

Could it be that play meant what peeps thought Clay was "hiding" was "present and accounted for?" :naughtywag::cryingwlaughter:

I am still recouperating from being gone for 4 days. I will never catch up.... :lmaosmiley-1:

Here is a bit of Friday nite craziness!!

susan-frenchguard2.jpg

::waves to play:: It was fun imbibing at the O'Pub!! :D

Could someone take pity on me and post a screencap from The View? I might be able to pay you back later tonight with a hi-res screencap/clip (assuming I programmed things right when I left home half-asleep this morning). *pretty please?*

Wheeeee, a high res clip of the View would be very welcome! The one I watched was not quite in sync and not quite clear, somehow. I need to see it again, I've only watched it once so far. The more I look at the screencaps, the more I fall in love with the look.

Nice to wake up to some recaps of last night's performance. I guess the next couple of weeks won't be so fan crazy, but I think it'll pick up again in March (based on the representing lists I've read). I hope it gives Clay time to settle into his role, and just get into a daily routine with his new "friends". Awww, that makes me schmoopie just writing it. Good for him!

We had a lot of snow here yesterday, too. What usually takes me 15 minutes to drive to work took me 45. Lots of jackknifed tractor trailers on the highway and cars in the ditch. It finally stopped snowing around dinner time, thank god. cindilu2 made it home safe and sound after a pretty nasty drive from the train station across the border. Maybe one of these days she'll actually get caught up enough to post a recap! :imgtongue:

More hospitals for me today - results from the endocrinologist for my son. After I work 7 hours, of course. Hee, working for a living sucks. I'd much rather just follow Clay Aiken around, and attend every single performance he gives. March seems so far away!

Good Morning Everyone,

1 Day until Clay is on Mike and Juliet!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

From llbun at CV:

I was at the show tonight and the orchestra section was almost full. There was the odd empty seat here and there but not many. I don't know about the mez or the balcony.

The part where Clay is the guard when Sir Lancelot enters to rescue Herbert there was a delay and Lancelot's entrance was about 30 seconds or so late. They waited and waited so Herbert started climbing out the tower window and Clay jabbed Guard # 2 with that weapon he's holding. They turned what could have been an awkward moment into a funny one. When Lancelot finally reached Herbert, Herbert is supposed to say "you've come to rescue me" but instead he said "Where Were You?" It was hillarious.

Hee, I think, other than the big solo Sir Robin number, this is the scene I can't wait to see! From what I've heard, he's just amazingly funny as Herbert's guard.

Couple of articles:

Fans Flock to see Clay Aiken in Spamalot

Giants fans weren't the only ones willing to freeze their butts off to cheer for their idols.

On Sunday night, when the temperature was a bone-rattling 19 degrees, Clay Aiken aficionados clamored outside the Shubert Theatre to get up close and personal with the new star of "Monty Python's Spamalot."

Alyssa Benedetto, 19, a student at the University of Delaware who lives on Long Island, was among an estimated crowd of 100 people.

AOL's TV Top 5

Two Left Feet

'The View'

(Weekdays, ABC Daytime)

Clay Aiken talks about having to learn complicated dances for his Broadway role.

Watch Clip

butterflyshine posted some suggestions at CV about accessing the new OFC site:

don't know if this was posted here yet, but if you are having troubles with the ofc, please try the following...

If you're having trouble with the site, please see the following checklist for your internet browser so you can view the site in its entirety:

1. Download the latest version of Macromedia Flash. Go to this link to download: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...=ShockwaveFlash

2. Make sure Java and Javascript are enabled on your browser. To enable Java, go the the preferences or options section of your browser, click on the content or security tab and make sure to check the boxes next to enable java and javascript.

3. Turn off your pop-up blocker to access the Clay Aiken Official Online Store.

*Note that the message board and chat are accessible through the Fan HQ section once you are logged into the site.

If you are still experiencing difficulties with the site, please submit a support ticket to ClayOnlineSupport@sparkart.com.

not sure yet if there will be a top blog list and will try to find out...

And

The OFC is not doing renewals quite yet, hence the free week, renewal information will be posted soon....We all have a free week to get used to the board before renewals take place

More from CV about renewing at the OFC by sending in a money order:

The OFC: I am sending in a MO and found the info just fine last night under Fans HQ. I received my confirmation e-mail this morning and am all ready to send it in. Everything went just fine for me. These are the steps I followed:

Go to the OFC

Don't log in

Go to Fan HQ on the menu to the left

Go to Join/Renew Now under Ultimate Membership

Scroll down to Sign In, put in your e-mail address and password, and hit Sign In

When the Important screen comes up, just hit Continue

When the payment/shipping screen comes up, go to Other Ways to Pay under the Visa logo and click on Other Ways to Pay

Fill in your shipping address in the required fields

Click on Continue

The next page will tell you the correct total ($37.11) to send to them plus it will tell you to print out that page to send in with your order.

Click on the terms of use agreement box

You'll receive a confirmation e-mail which you send in with your MO.

Since it tells you to send in both the printed out page and the e-mail confirmation, I'm going to do both just to be safe.

BTW, no personal checks will be accepted.

Pointing at Claymates in the audience (his socks crack me up!)

080122_View_006t.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the "evil" grin on his face as he does this! Totally CMSU!!

watching the interview again today: he talked about him having a hard time NOT reacting to the audience

So do you think he was referring to Friday night's Holy Grail of Tuxedos [tm:kareneh] here? *giggle*

:cryingwlaughter::clap:

Couple of articles:

Giants fans weren't the only ones willing to freeze their butts off to cheer for their idols.

On Sunday night, when the temperature was a bone-rattling 19 degrees, Clay Aiken aficionados clamored outside the Shubert Theatre to get up close and personal with the new star of "Monty Python's Spamalot."

Alyssa Benedetto, 19, a student at the University of Delaware who lives on Long Island, was among an estimated crowd of 100 people.

You HAVE to look at the first two comments under the article luckiest linked above. No, really....you do! Best response EVER to a jerk!!

Off to see the wizard......

Hello, FCA!!

:)

So good to read reports from last night! Thanks!

And - THIS

1_22e.png

reminds me SOOO much of the pic from AI - Mezghan (sp?) putting mascara on Clay - very close up shot.

Anybody else think so?

Have a great day, ALL!

Can't believe I have to wait til March!

Can I just put the word out that I'm looking for a closing night ticket if anyone is perusing other boards? Help a sistah out.

what a cutie pie... did I mention I loved the View? I thought he looked adorable..but damn the cross talk is annoying. I'm glad he spoke to that with his..uh which one do i answer first LOL..very funny.

Did Clay's adlib get brought over here? When he was the stupid guard and Lancelot was late with his entrance. Time dragged on and then Herbert started to climb down out of his window and Clay poked the other guard with the weapon type thing he had. When Lancelot finally got there, Herbert was supposed to say "You've come to rescue me!" but instead said, "Where were you?"

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

That's the kind of thing that makes me want to go see every single performance because you just KNOW that there'll be something a little different each time AND you know that Clay will be so freakin' quick and witty and able to roll with it all and make things funny and....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm just so tickled about this newest wing-spreading of Clay's I could....I could just....

Spread some things wings myself.....heh... :hubbahubba::whistling-1:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm just so tickled about this newest wing-spreading of Clay's I could....I could just....

Spread some things wings myself.....heh... :hubbahubba::whistling-1:

You left out the "Tonight's the Knight" (paying homage to the thread title!).

You left out the "Tonight's the Knight" (paying homage to the thread title!).

Wait.

Was that part of the ad-libbing waiting for Lancelot???

I don't think so, Cotton! I think jazzgirl's alluding to that Rod Stewart song "Tonight's the Night"...where he's telling his woman that he's going to 'come inside' if she 'spreads her wings'....

bwah!... :cryingwlaughter:

TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT NIGHT!

Stay away from my window

Stay away from my back door too

Disconnect the telephone line

Relax baby and draw that blind

Kick off your shoes and sit right down

Loosen up that frilly French gown

Let me pour you a good long drink

Oh baby don't you hesitate cause

Tonight's the night

It's gonna be all right

Cause I'm in love with you girl

Ain't nobody gonna stop us now

C'mon angel my hearts on fire

Don't deny your man's desire

You'd be a fool to stop this tide

Spread your wings and let me come inside

Tonight's the night

It's gonna be all right

Cause I'm in love with you girl

Don't say a word my virgin child

Just let your inhibitions run wild

The secret is about to unfold

Upstairs before the night's too old

Tonight's the night

It's gonna be all right

Cause I'm in love with you woman

Have we seen this yet? New Spamablog from the 21st (apparently):

1.21.08: What’s the craziest thing you’ve done to get a laugh out of your friends?

I don’t know that I really have done anything intentionally. I think they laugh at me when I don’t necessarily invite it!

Pointing at Claymates in the audience (his socks crack me up!)

080122_View_006t.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the "evil" grin on his face as he does this! Totally CMSU!!

watching the interview again today: he talked about him having a hard time NOT reacting to the audience

So do you think he was referring to Friday night's Holy Grail of Tuxedos [tm:kareneh] here? *giggle*

:cryingwlaughter::clap:

Couple of articles:

You HAVE to look at the first two comments under the article luckiest linked above. No, really....you do! Best response EVER to a jerk!!

Off to see the wizard......

That first response was SO PERFECT!!! :lmaosmiley-1: