#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

Sorry I haven't been here much lately. Just in case youse guys didn't hear, Clay opened in Spamalot on Friday night.

He was really good.

Just thought you might want to know.

Really?????? Tell us more!! :cryingwlaughter:

Spamcurtaincall.jpg

I was glad to read that permaswooned mentioned that Christopher Sieber (Galahad) had been on "Pushing Daisies", as I thought he looked familiar from the curtain call pictures but I couldn't place him. Another step in my quest to see Clay appear on "Pushing Daisies" at some point...

:nature-smiley-014: :nature-smiley-014: :nature-smiley-014:

I noticed that several of the lead actors have TV appearances in their credits. Even though no TV shows are in production right now because of the strike, I hope some casting folks see Clay and consider him for upcoming parts or cameos. That is, if it's something Clay is interested in.

Just in case anyone is looking for NON-Clay tickets to fill in time in NYC <snip>

Heh, after emailing with cindilu2 this morning, I've been advised that even 5 performances is not enough. How am I going to survive only going to 2 in March? So much for seeing Rent on our "day off". Sorry crimsonice. :P

As much as I hope to get an autograph at the stage door in March, I won't be missing the curtain call to do it. That's just rude, IMO.

OK, so we should get another portion of the Spamablog today.....and we are still waiting for the OFC to refresh any day now......and then tomorrow morning we get fresh clack of Clay on The View......and then we get fan reviews and stage door pics from 4 Spamalot performances in a row, and then 4 more next weekend. And then do that again for 14 weeks? WOW. Just wow. I am loving this ride!

20080120.jpg

I right-clicked and saved this one sooo fast... then tried to make it my desktop. Well it was so big, only his hands were showing, so I had do make it smaller at least 5 times before it fit just right (typical for Clay, wouldn't you say) :hubbahubba:

This weekend was just wonderful... the constant joy, the giggles, the swooning, the clack... who said we couldn't have clack. If we get stage door clack from every weekend, we'll have a lot and will still be able to say what weekend it was from what he is wearing. What more can a fan ask? :cryingwlaughter:

EEEEEEEEEEE! From Playbill.com via CH:

"The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet"

FOX, 9AM ET

Thursday, Jan. 24: Clay Aiken

WOOHOO!!!! More clack!

This weekend was just wonderful... the constant joy, the giggles, the swooning, the clack... who said we couldn't have clack. If we get stage door clack from every weekend, we'll have a lot and will still be able to say what weekend it was from what he is wearing. What more can a fan ask? :cryingwlaughter:

I know, I know! This weekend was fantastic, with all the reports, pictures, more reports, more pictures.... And yes, our skills in watching the details (that claytonic noticed over the weekend) will be tested a lot these next few months!

Has ANYONE heard from the eHP lately? I'm dying to get their unique perspective of the weekend. Especially if bling is involved.

Woohoo!!! for Mike & Juliet on Thursday! :twinklewhore:

I'm still basking in the afterglow from this weekend.... I wasn't even there and it was wonderful.... he was wonderful! We're going to be sooooooooo spoiled by May 4th..... :flirtysmile3:

Yay! For Clay on Mike and Juliet...love having things to add to the countdown!

Got my copy of Stephen King's new book today, so I will be busy reading this evening!

Kim

I'm glad that Clay has stated publicly several times recently that he's not watching AI anymore. Otherwise, I expect he would have to waste time discussing the current crop of contestants instead of promoting his own projects on the View and the M&J Show. [ :rolleyes:Yeah, I'm looking at you, Diane Sawyer, and your sidetracking of Clay's UNICEF interview....]

... and then, MY FAVE!!

s5.jpg

Uh huh....YUM! Mine, too!!

I don't think I can write anything now.....pictures have a way of stealing my thoughts and misdirecting them to other places. Not that I mind particularly. I had the BEST weekend ever and I'm so glad I decided to go when it turned out I was still going to be in the States this month. I pulled a typical eHP maneuver at the Houston Airport when I still happened to be in the security line at the moment my flight was scheduled to leave. I kept watching the board hoping it would flip from "on time" to "delayed" but that never happened. By the time I got to my gate the jetway was locked and the gate agent attempted to deny me access. I flashed my fan club membership card and showed her where it said eHP on my boarding pass.....then she let me pass with the admonition to run and to take any seat.... in the back. My carry on flew in first class, though, since there was no space in the steerage bins.

I don't know where everyone was going this weekend out of Houston but the security line up when I got to Terminal C wound its way outdoors! Whew! Close call, that. I can't think of a single thing to say that hasn't already been said about this weekend. I enjoyed this as much as anything I have seen Clay do. It was so much fun....from the moment he appeared in the castle window till he took his final bows in the Holy Grail of Tuxedos. Fantastic! And I thought by going to New York, I'd be taking a break from packing. **Smacks stupid self upside the head.**

Me, being the one who is always late to the party, I ran into the "got-there-two-days-before-me" members of the eHP outside the theater before the show, and we made plans to have cheesecake at Junior's after, since something was going to have to be satisfied when the show was over. They had seen it the night before and they knew exactly what they were talking about. I took an awful long time with that menu because what I really wanted wasn't on it. C'est la vie.....Junior's makes good cheesecake and the pieces are enormous. It filled a hole. I ordered some chicken fingers, too.....kind of a weird combination with the cheesecake but I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted.

My next show is in April and I think I'll try a little harder to get up close enough to get my Playbill signed. I don't have any signed Clay stuff and I think, now, that I might just want one of those. Before I left, I finished packing the office and the closet in here....I put all of my Clay stuff in bins and boxes for storage, choosing not to take it with me. I know it will be safe and sound in a climate controlled storage unit here in Houston.....on the 3rd floor of the building to reduce the chance that anything will get wet. Unless of course the roof blows off the joint....hmmm....time to call State Farm to add a scheduled property rider.

Now, I'm going to start packing the kitchen stuff...as soon as I print out my new favorite picture there. I have to go to the International Medicine Clinic tomorrow to get poked a bunch of times. I need something to distract me....and if I let my imagination go, I suppose I could come up with a better reason why my left arm is going to be so sore.

Enjoy your day off, Clay! You deserve it! Bravo!

Somebody clue me in because I have no time to read elsewhere ... nor the inclination I must add ... but are the naysayers saying nay? Or, would it be, could it be, that they are now ... looking on the bright side of life????

Won't last.

Misery loves misery.

I flashed my fan club membership card and showed her where it said eHP on my boarding pass.....
Where do I apply for the appropriate eHP sticker? I didn't know of this fan club perk! I'm still trying to find a use for that rubber band bracelet. *g*

I enjoyed this as much as anything I have seen Clay do. It was so much fun....from the moment he appeared in the castle window till he took his final bows in the Holy Grail of Tuxedos.

I think the words bolded are a new addition to the fan lexicon.

Somebody clue me in because I have no time to read elsewhere ... nor the inclination I must add ... but are the naysayers saying nay? Or, would it be, could it be, that they are now ... looking on the bright side of life????

Won't last.

Misery loves misery.

I keep hoping for any epiphany there. No faith, just hope.

Kareneh, I was wondering if you were there this weekend. But, of course you were! silly me I'm soooo looking forward to April.

ldyjocelyn, have you had an responses about late March? Well, if I win the lottery, we're on kid!

It's freaking cold here today. Time to pull out my Snuggle Up With Clay Aiken blankie. A girl can dream.

OMG Am I tired! My boyfriend had his way with me and it was GOOD!!

Boy was it ever good. He made me laugh, he made me want to sing, he made me all schmoopie, he amazed me, he thanked me, he satisfied me and he got the golden ring!

I love this guy! He is unbelievably freaking gorgeous. I got within a foot of him and he just glows! His skin is so smooth and delicate.

I don't think I can ever do a recap that could cover this wonderful weekend. I'll wait for andre's and fill in*g*

I think for me the best compliment Clay got was when a Monty Python/Spamalot fan leaned over to me at the end of the show and said: Which one was Clay Aiken? He was on the stage with highly professional actors, actors that have been honing their craft for years, have played their roles in this production for a long long time and this audience member couldn't pick him out!

I am so proud of him.

ldyjocelyn, have you had an responses about late March? Well, if I win the lottery, we're on kid!

Actually, I have. muski contacted me, and she's extending her stay in NYC for a few days (sorry I'll miss you Gibby!), and has offered her room for me with her. I've splurged and gotten a FANTASTIC seat for the March 29 matinée, where I'll be very close to CG (and, as far as that goes, CLAAAAAAAY!). For the rest of the weekend, I'll be looking for cheap seats! And cheap eats! But I'll be in the same room with CLAAAAAY!

OMG, am I nuts? Wait, don't answer that, I hear my husband answering that very question right now....*g*

And kf, I'm going to keep playing the lottery too, in hopes that I can add a few more shows and go with you.

Thank you merrieeee and Kareneh for your recaps!

the pieces are enormous. It filled a hole. I ordered some chicken fingers, too

Kareneh, this part of your post is very smutty, I'm sure, but I haven't quite figured out exactly why... :cryingwlaughter:

keepingfaith---get your fanny to NYC that last March weekend and help ldyjocelyn and me make our hotel room even cheaper than it already is! I'm holding out for last minute tix for shows I might go to :whistling-1: other than the full-priced third row center seats hubby and I have for Wed. night. But I'm sure I'll get something.

Unfortunately, what I get won't be exactly what I want! Holy Grail of Tuxedos, indeed! :hubbahubba:

Ok. Today I was a good mommy for two hours, letting older daughter drive me around here and there to get practice behind the wheel. Now I just came back from being a good daughter for three hours, having gone clothes shopping with my mom.

I DESERVE this time on my computer, dang it! :imgtongue:

Clay Aiken, the Ideal Idol has a clip of Friday night's performance and the stage door afterwards, via TMZ.com. Look on the left hand side of the screen for this clip, dated 1-21-08. No snide comments from TMZ, just pure footage.

It's very cool.

Yes keepingfaith -- you and me and muski could paint NYC red!

Actually, I have. muski contacted me, and she's extending her stay in NYC for a few days (sorry I'll miss you Gibby!), and has offered her room for me with her. I've splurged and gotten a FANTASTIC seat for the March 29 matinée, where I'll be very close to CG (and, as far as that goes, CLAAAAAAAY!). For the rest of the weekend, I'll be looking for cheap seats! And cheap eats! But I'll be in the same room with CLAAAAAY!

I'm so glad you're going, but WAHHHHHH! You're coming the day after I leave!! *pouts*

keepingfaith---get your fanny to NYC that last March weekend and help ldyjocelyn and me make our hotel room even cheaper than it already is! I'm holding out for last minute tix for shows I might go to :whistling-1: other than the full-priced third row center seats hubby and I have for Wed. night. But I'm sure I'll get something.

Unfortunately, what I get won't be exactly what I want! Holy Grail of Tuxedos, indeed! :hubbahubba:

kf - the 27th or the 28th are good days to come to NY, too! :)