#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

It is very obvious that Clay enjoys Ethel and I am sure she is a very nice lady; but as someone who has gone to many shows where Ethel was in attendance; her need to call attention to herself and make sure everyone knows she is there does get old after awhile.

Kim

I agree Kim. Now if I wasn't in her concert area and was just watching this all from afar....I would think it was just the sweetest friendship.

But I am in her concert area...and I dislike the interruption from the same person...over and over and over. It is much more fun to see it mixed up and shared among all the fans.

And actually....I was also an E fan, until she started showing up at concerts with dayglo shirts stating, "Yes, I am E" Talk about drawing attention to youself.

YMMV

ETA...LOL I forgot why I even came here.

My deep thought for today. (good to get it out of the way early)

Would you want to be the next person to lay Sir Robin?!!

ETA!!!! I meant PLAY.....to play Sir Robin!

Oh good lord.... :29:

I received this quote in an email today, and since the first thing I thought of when reading it was Clay, thought I should post it here.

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. "

-- Stephen King, author

Whilst Clay's talent is immense, I know of others (in all kinds of fields, not just entertainment) who also have great talent. The reaon they fall away is in part due to their attitude, arrogance and work ethic (lack of). Clay is one of the hardest workers around and from all accounts, he seems to be one of the most loyal people around. Those who can genuinely call him a friend have hit the jackpot in life.

I was so touched to learn that instead of going home and putting his feet up, deservedly, after his Christmas tour, he took off to Mexico because "hunger doesn't take a vacation" ...don't know if that is accurately verbatim, but that is the gist of what I read. It brought tears to my eyes.

My thoughts exactlly. LOL I laughed at the fact that even from ten people back, while his head was down signing stuff he knew her voice and knew her well enough to snark on her. Her style may never be mine, but I like her...I'm editing because I decided I don't know if 'like' is the right word. I don't know Ethel personally well enough to either register like or dislike...but to me she's like a part of this Clay family...like the aunt who comes to the holiday dinners and maybe talks too loud or pinches your cheeks every time. You might roll your eyes when you hear she's coming, but you know damn well there'd be something missing without her. LOL. I love her for being that part of the fandom for me.

I like that description. She reminds me of my aunt. I understand those that have a probelm if she interrupts their concert experience. But her personality and her interactions with clay on theclack - freakin' hilarious and really don't care about Clay spreading it around. Anyway, when the bruhaha hit at the end of DCAT, at least Ethel had the good sense to recognzie her part in creating the problem and apologizing.

Well Clay has the day off but I don't. hee Better go get ready. Happy Monday. What a wonderful wonderful weekend.

Does anyone know which day Diane was there...was it yesterday...matinee or evening show.

My thoughts exactlly. LOL I laughed at the fact that even from ten people back, while his head was down signing stuff he knew her voice and knew her well enough to snark on her. Her style may never be mine, but I like her...I'm editing because I decided I don't know if 'like' is the right word. I don't know Ethel personally well enough to either register like or dislike...but to me she's like a part of this Clay family...like the aunt who comes to the holiday dinners and maybe talks too loud or pinches your cheeks every time. You might roll your eyes when you hear she's coming, but you know damn well there'd be something missing without her. LOL. I love her for being that part of the fandom for me.

I like that description. She reminds me of my aunt. I understand those that have a probelm if she interrupts their concert experience. But her personality and her interactions with clay on theclack - freakin' hilarious and really don't care about Clay spreading it around. Anyway, when the bruhaha hit at the end of DCAT, at least Ethel had the good sense to recognzie her part in creating the problem and apologizing.

Well Clay has the day off but I don't. hee Better go get ready. Happy Monday. What a wonderful wonderful weekend.

Does anyone know which day Diane was there...was it yesterday...matinee or evening show.

Couchie, the photo was taken following the Sunday matinee.

What a weekend (and I wasn't even there)!! I cannot wait to see Spamalot in March, and I know I'm going to want to see it more than once. Just trying to figure out how to make that happen. Thanks to all who are sharing their recaps, pictures, and stagedoor videos.

I'll second that thanks to all who are sharing photos, videos and recaps--next best thing to being there.

After being on pins and needles all day Friday it was so wonderful when the reports started coming in. Good God, I am so proud of him. (And he's cute, too!!)

Funny, after all the different hairstyles--spikes, bangs, light, dark, sideburns or no sideburns--turns out that (to me anyway) his very best look is one where he has been wearing wigs all evening and then takes off the wig and just has natural Clay hair!!! (Well, maybe he had a little help with the blond--but you know what I mean.) He has just never looked better than he does in those autograph signing pictures and videos. Maybe it's just the sheer joy that radiates off him--whatever it is--it's his best look yet.

ETA...LOL I forgot why I even came here.

My deep thought for today. (good to get it out of the way early)

Would you want to be the next person to lay Sir Robin?!!

ETA!!!! I meant PLAY.....to play Sir Robin!

Oh good lord.... :29:

:cryingwlaughter:

No wonder you forgot why you even came here, rohdy! With a thought that deep (heh), I'm surprised you're not-quite dead!! :P

well crap... I just stood in the rain for 1 1/2 hour and the bus never came. I'm dripping wet and cold and pissed..and late. Finally I just said F it and went home. Now I'm waiting for my sister to take me.

Least I have someone cute to look at..and that's my favorite picture too Keeping faith - just adorable.

From a recap on CV

The Blinky Lights and other random thoughts.

The girls in question were in front of me and I didn't notice them until curtain call. At what point during the curtain call, I am not sure. It didn't bother me at all. They were young and having fun. The people leaving before curtain call is very distracting and not necessary at all IMO.

Sometimes I think the fandom goies into automatic pilot because we have been so insulted by so many. we react to tohers behavior when it does not affect us.

well crap... I just stood in the rain for 1 1/2 hour and the bus never came. I'm dripping wet and cold and pissed..and late. Finally I just said F it and went home. Now I'm waiting for my sister to take me.

Least I have someone cute to look at..and that's my favorite picture too Keeping faith - just adorable.

I hope you warm up quick! Would a warm drink help? Or maybe a hawt picture or two?

20080120.jpg

IMG_9509crop-1.jpg

IMG_9515tGUH.jpg

wait a minute..why are people leaving before curtain call...to be first at the stage door? Now that is tacky.

I don't care about blinky lights...never have. Clay has concerts not church services.

It is probably the same people that left during Quiana's solo. Apparently Clay can try and teach the manners, but it just won't work for some people. I always felt bad for both Quiana who wanted to shine and for Clay, who looked like he would die of heat exhaustion and could have used the break. Sometimes children with disabilbites are brighter and more polite than some adult fans.

Couchie, if I hadn't just woken up and if I weren't still in my flannel gown on my bed reading FCA, I'd come and pick you up and take you to work...

But seeing as all that stuff up there is true.... :whistling-1:

I've spent this whole long weekend accomplishing nothing but following CLay's opening weekend on Broadway. I could've done so many productive things. I could've written, for cryin' out loud.

Heh. That quote from Stephen King is soooooooo perfectly true. ;):P:blush:

Couchie, if I hadn't just woken up and if I weren't still in my flannel gown on my bed reading FCA, I'd come and pick you up and take you to work...

But seeing as all that stuff up there is true.... :whistling-1:

I've spent this whole long weekend accomplishing nothing but following CLay's opening weekend on Broadway. I could've done so many productive things. I could've written, for cryin' out loud.

Heh. That quote from Stephen King is soooooooo perfectly true. ;):P:blush:

BWAH! Looks like I did too much back button and forward button stuff and posted this twice. Well, I'm a fameho so I'll just keep it right here on top of a new page! :attention_whore3:

I'll go get a latte now, in case any of you are interested.... :whistling-1:

Just in case anyone is looking for NON-Clay tickets to fill in time in NYC--I got $40 (well, $48 with fees, etc) tickets to Curtains and Avenue Q for the 12 and 14th of March (between Clay) at this site

http://www.broadwayoffers.com/go.aspx?MD=2...ID=EML000001302

Code: DOUGH08

I'm not sure I actually had to write in the code, but my email said to use it.

The seats were up in the mezzanine and generally not great, but I don't want to stand in the half-price line.

Sorry I haven't been here much lately. Just in case youse guys didn't hear, Clay opened in Spamalot on Friday night.

He was really good.

Just thought you might want to know.

Are you kidding me?? How did we miss this?????