#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

You know, I just realized I put down the wrong date in my post above. I have a fantastic seat (meaning upclose and personal to CLAAAAAY!) for the March 30 matinée, not the 29th!!! Dates have NEVER been my strong suit. I'm also looking at definitely getting a ticket for the evening of the 28th, I'm hoping for somewhere in the mezzanine to get a good overview of the show first. On Saturday -- hell, I'll take SRO, just to see the show again.

Clay Aiken, the Ideal Idol has a clip of Friday night's performance and the stage door afterwards, via TMZ.com. Look on the left hand side of the screen for this clip, dated 1-21-08. No snide comments from TMZ, just pure footage.

It's very cool.

Thanks, ldyjocelyn! That is very cool, but it's a tease - now I want MORE, NOW!!!

I'm hoooooooooooooooooome!

I would not trade this weekend for anything but for 12 hours with Clay and some Wet 'n Wild!

This has been an interesting adverture - full of naughty eHPer's and a perfectly darling Clay!

I'm hoooooooooooooooooome!

I would not trade this weekend for anything but for 12 hours with Clay and some Wet 'n Wild!

This has been an interesting adverture - full of naughty eHPer's and a perfectly darling Clay!

Oh you are gonna give us a longer recap than that right???right???

Yeah - but I gotta recover a little bit...I will tell on EVERYONE! BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

You included, missy? :imgtongue:

ETA: Did merrieee already post this here? ANyhoo, I saw it on CH and just had to bring it over...

...I think for me the best compliment Clay got was when a Monty Python/Spamalot fan leaned over to me at the end of the show and said: Which one was Clay Aiken? He was on the stage with highly professional actors, actors that have been honing their craft for years, have played their roles in this production for a long long time and this audience member couldn't pick him out! ::wow::

I am so proud of him.

Yeah...that's waaaay cool. :lilredani:

Yay I put in my vacation request today.... April 25th until May 5th whooooooooooooooooooo...hold on Clay, I'm coming heee.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE thats the time I am hoping to go to NYC....if I can go. But the first step is to have a goal. Now...I just have to work towards that.

Yay I put in my vacation request today.... April 25th until May 5th whooooooooooooooooooo...hold on Clay, I'm coming heee.

:o

Muski quick like a killer rabbit goes online to check finances and calculates just how much worse they could by by April 25th-May 5th....considers going without ipod after all? :cry4:

Did I tell you I broke my daughter's mini while trying to change the battery? So I told her she could have my beautiful red nano. :cry4: :cry4: But....but.....then I don't have one at all! :cry4: :cry4:

Unless craigslist comes through for me again.....

But if I find something and buy it, how can I do Clay in multiples? :blink:

From Ch:

massmomforclay wrote:

Back from NY and one of the most fun weekends I've had in ages. Our group met for a pre-show dinner before the 8:00 show on Saturday at the Angus McIndoe restaurant. It is diagonal from the Shubert. Our waitress asked us if we were going to a show and we told her Spamalot to see Clay......she told us that the cast gave him a party there last night. So while the fandom was at Sardis 2 doors away, Clay and company were celebrating his opening night.

This has been the bestest of times. The cast gave him a party... that makes me schmoopie-faced. I love how well he is doing at this and the good reports we are getting about the cast accepting him. That goes a long way in the theatre community I've heard.

I think I'll open a lemonade stand and earn some extra money... then I could hitchhike thru the states that are warm enough... then maybe a train. I could pick up bottles and cans too. Whatchathink??? That could work... right?

From Ch:

massmomforclay wrote:

Back from NY and one of the most fun weekends I've had in ages. Our group met for a pre-show dinner before the 8:00 show on Saturday at the Angus McIndoe restaurant. It is diagonal from the Shubert. Our waitress asked us if we were going to a show and we told her Spamalot to see Clay......she told us that the cast gave him a party there last night. So while the fandom was at Sardis 2 doors away, Clay and company were celebrating his opening night.

This makes me really schmoopie. Really schmoopie. To know that his castmates wanted to celebrate his success with him (and for him) touches me. I'm so happy he's got a new performing family.

bottlecap, I noticed when I was buying my tickets tonight that Christopher Sieber leaves Spamalot on March 23 (shoot, I wanted to see him play Galahad). If you want to see him you'd better plan your trip soon! *g* Maybe laughn will pull through for you again. :imgtongue:

I am loving all of the reports from this weekend. He is so beautiful in those stage door photos. I hope reports keep coming since I will not be there.

Reports from our weather people is for three inches of snow tonight. I hate lately driving an hour in bad weather. I am suppose to work a twelve hour shift tomorrow and I am dreading the drive. I think most of all I hate the 4 wheel drive vehicles blowing by me then almost or sometimes lossing control and going off the road and almost taking me with them. They go 70 miles an hour and do not consider slowing down. Ok I will stop complaining!

I am loving all of the reports from this weekend. He is so beautiful in those stage door photos. I hope reports keep coming since I will not be there.

Reports from our weather people is for three inches of snow tonight. I hate lately driving an hour in bad weather. I am suppose to work a twelve hour shift tomorrow and I am dreading the drive. I think most of all I hate the 4 wheel drive vehicles blowing by me then almost or sometimes lossing control and going off the road and almost taking me with them. They go 70 miles an hour and do not consider slowing down. Ok I will stop complaining!

Awwwww....that's just not fun. Will cross all fingers and toes with hopes we don't get the three inchesl I am so glad I only have to drive 6 miles. For 18 years I drove 2 blocks....so for me, I am commuting. ^_^

gbmifan - good luck with your drive tomorrow! I hope you stay toasty warm, and safe, too!

It's COLD here! It's 2 degrees now, and will be colder later tonight. Unfortunately I got really cold earlier today, and it took a long time to warm up. I was at a Titanic rehearsal at my daughter's high school, and in the middle of rehearsing there was a blasted fire alarm. We traipsed outside into the frigid air, and waited while the fire trucks came to check out the situation. The kids stayed warm by doing some of their dance numbers in the snow!

:freezing:

Anyway, we finally got back inside and my hands were too cold to play the piano for awhile. I'm finally warm now, drinking hot tea while looking at hawt pics of our boyfriend on opening night! Those white pants certainly give me warm, happy feelings. :thumbup:

wait a minute..why are people leaving before curtain call...to be first at the stage door? Now that is tacky.

I don't care about blinky lights...never have. Clay has concerts not church services.

It is probably the same people that left during Quiana's solo. Apparently Clay can try and teach the manners, but it just won't work for some people. I always felt bad for both Quiana who wanted to shine and for Clay, who looked like he would die of heat exhaustion and could have used the break. Sometimes children with disabilbites are brighter and more polite than some adult fans.

People left in the middle of a solo??? OMG, surely they must have had a serious emergency or else they are totally ignorant! That is a huge no-no!!

At the movies, many people try to get out while the end credits roll (to beat the bathroom/traffic rush - whatever) and that creates a distraction that annoys the hell out of movie buffs/actors/industry people because they like to see who worked on the movie. However, at least there are no live performers to witness someone walking out while they are on stage, regardless whether they are performing or taking their final bows, although it is obviously worse, unforgivable really, if they are performing a solo. There are always going to be people new to live theatre who don't know the etiquette and perhaps there should be something on the ticket or Playbill that says "if you are new to live theatre, please .............. etc etc".

bwah..

sooooo everybody all Clayed out?

and it starts all over again tomorrow.

:cryingwlaughter: I was definitely in need of a little down time today so I watched the debate. I prefer to be all into Clay so bring on The View. Got chores done, mail sent out, spent time with my kitty cat, and slept a lot. I'm ready for the next 8 shows. I hope Clay got to do whatever his heart desired on his day off from Spamalot. I have that old feeling I used to get knowing I will see him on my TV in a few hours.

eeeeeeee I set my alarm wrong last night and woke up to my local easy snoozing station (who doesn't even play Clay's Christmas music) having a trivia contest The question was "Clay Aiken is making his Broadway debut in Jersey Boys, true or false?" The guy playing...yes the guy.....said with no hesitation, false, he's in Spamalot!

Life is good today!

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until Clay is on Mike and Juliet!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim