#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Ah I hope you get to meet up with Ausdon, Cha Cha.

Cute little scrambler. I only did the first one though. Looks like RCA is a client of this company. It will be intersting to see what else they come up with. I thought this was interesting:

In spring 2006, Lyric St. Records and Rascal Flatts were preparing to launch the follow-up to the band's multi-platinum Feels Like Today album. The new album, titled Me and My Gang, was eagerly anticipated by the entire country music world, but most anxiously by the band's loyal fans. Lyric St. Records' marketing team contacted Gupta Media with a common problem. How could they effectively reach and entertain Rascal Flatts' most ardent fans, drive street date awareness, capture purchase intent and, finally, turn those fans into ambassadors?

LOL don't have to worry their little heads over how to make us ambassadors. I think that is the actual definition of Claymate. *

* Clayfan, for those that hate Claymate with the heat of a thousand suns :cryingwlaughter:

Drat the luck!! I had all the kids over on Sunday and my daughter mistakenly took my cell phone home thinking it was hers.

Tonight I got it back and I had 2 messages from ausdon!! She is in DC!

I hope we can get it together - I tried calling back, but just got the hotel switchboard. I couldn't quite make out her last name on the voicemail. Does anyone know it??

Please PM me!! THANKS!

Cha Cha, check your PM. (I have only just seen your post. I know ausdon's last name)

ETA: Cool new website! Who is Gupta media?

OMG, I love this! Hee, had fun with the word scrambler game, too.

Three quarters of the difference of the PR to me is simply the reaction of the fandom - there doesn't seem to be the wholesale pissing on everything and hating on everyone from Jaymes to old PR dude to Clive to ATDW. I still will resist to make ATDW something less than it is - because, damn that's some pretty stuff. I like the pretty.

WORD. There's still some pissing but nothing near the proportions of the ATDW trashing that went on. Thank God.

Linluvsclay #8 [-]

(04/09/08 10:51 PM) There were just a few brief glimpses of Clay--it was all Hannah, but she said some great things. Said she could have been standing on the stage with no clothes on and a pot on her head her first night (same as Clay's) and no one would have noticed. She said that it was like Elvis was in the building!!

robyn428 #12 [-]

(04/09/08 10:53 PM)

Hannah gave a tour, and raved about Clay. She said she didn't know about him before coming here, but compared him to Elvis! She toured the wig room...showed the Brother Maynard wig and said poor Clay was losing his hair. They showed a nice close-up of his Guard scene, his entrance in the tux, "Running Away".......the Knights of Ni scene, and various other show shots, plus the crowd outside. The footage was from while Chris was still here. They showed pictures of Clay and Ruben at the AI finale.

I love Hannah! And I've always been a "Clay is my Elvis" kind of gal, so it's cool to hear her make the comparison, too! I hope someone caps this..........

And I think they could shorten it for radio. I'd hate for them to take anything out, but it's probably not that uncommon to have special radio cuts of songs so that they are the right length.

There was a special radio edit for Solitaire. So if they feel it's too long, they'll likely do one for OMWH, too.

I love OMWH, it gets me through some long, dull days at work. It runs round and round in my head when I'm not listening to it. I can't wait for the TV promo appearances to start. I can't wait to hear snippets of the rest of the songs. I just can't wait for May in general!

Hope everyone heading to NYC this week has a great time! Please report back with recaps and on-the-spot tidbits, k?

I love Hannah! And I've always been a "Clay is my Elvis" kind of gal, so it's cool to hear her make the comparison, too! I hope someone caps this..........

"Elvis" has been mentioned quite a bit in relation to Clay. The first time - I think - was during a promo tour of Idol, when he was in the Top 2? (Not sure at what stage of the competion, I just know it was BEFORE the Finale). He's a completely different artist (his hip movements not quite up to the Elvis standard lol) but he sure can move people the way Elvis did, in an exceptional way.

Good Morning Everyone,

18 Days until Clay is on QVC!

24 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

26 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Pics of Clay and Tyra from last night...love the captions!

http://www.globephotos.com/dynevent-action...++DATE+04-09-08

"Elvis" has been mentioned quite a bit in relation to Clay. The first time - I think - was during a promo tour of Idol, when he was in the Top 2? (Not sure at what stage of the competion, I just know it was BEFORE the Finale). He's a completely different artist (his hip movements not quite up to the Elvis standard lol) but he sure can move people the way Elvis did, in an exceptional way.

Yeah, when I say "Clay is my Elvis" (and I do, in fact, it's on my license plate - 'CLZMYLVS') I mean that to me, he makes me feel like a teenager again, that whole era when Elvis was making the girls scream, etc. I don't mean to compare their styles or their vocals or their dance moves or whatever, LOL. But just the excitement he generates...I remember the first time, at the AI Tour, when I just got that feeling, during the concert when he rose out of the floor for TITN, and when he sang Invisible. And then later on, at the fence behind the venue, there were hundreds of people getting autographs from the different AI folks, but when Clay came out, there was just mass pandemonium. I'd never seen anything like it, and the only thing I could compare it to (in my mind) was Beatlemania. But since there aren't 4 of him (hee) I always liked the "Clay is my Elvis" mantra.

ETA: Is that fan with Tyra blindfolded? Do we have any reports of what was going on?

From Katymom:

Want to do a recap, but it's late and I'm rooming with someone else so I'll try do a quickie. The reason he didn't do stage door was because he was in talking to his mom and Angela and her son and Quianna were there. It was only misting a little in NYC.

He was smokin' hot tonight. Think he was really giving everyone a show including the girls. Talked with Angela and she is doing studio work in LA and wants to get into doing more voiceovers. She said between that and her son that she was busy. Cute about Q. When the French taunter scene began, she hid Angies son in her arms. I said something to A and she said yes there are some things not suitable for 10 year olds. Also said that Clay was doing great. The man next to me was a huge Hannah fan. He said he had seen Monty Python 4 times, twice in London, once with the original cast in NY, and this was his 4th. At intermission he said it was standing up very well to the others. He said he'd read that Clay was singing Hannah's song on his next album, Our Kind of Love from Beautiful Game.???

I'll try to finish tomorrow, but he was so animated and dancing so well tonight.The crowd was more responsive tonight. Clay looked at Hannah and held his hands out after the applause like he was saying, "I'm sorry they love me." And she was smiling back like, "I know."

No Tyra reports yet.

From catsmomsny at the CB:

My friend and I were sitting in second row of the mezzanine tonight. We leaned over to look down below during intermission and saw Angela and son, Quiana, and Faye sitting right below us ! They were in about row D center section closest to the right aisle. Funny thing was that Angela's son was sitting between Quiana and Faye, and not with his mom

I was watching them all during the last scene, where the audience sings along with the cast to "Bright Side Of Life" . Most people stand up during this, and so I wanted to see what they were doing. Quiana and Angela were standing, and each had an arm up in the air, swaying to the music while singing. It was so cute! It was so great that they were all there together for Clay

During the curtain call, I was watching the interaction between Clay and Hannah. She made some sort of gesture to Clay about all the whooping and cheering he was getting from the audience. He gave her a look and a grin, and shrugged his shoulders as if to say "What can I do? They love me!" Then he stood there while the curtain lowered for the last time, hopping up and down like the Energizer Bunny all wound up

We waited in the drizzle at the stage door barricade. Since it was my friend's first and only show, and she had never been at the stage door before, I made sure she got a good spot while I hung further back. Every other actor came out and signed autographs. Hannah Waddingham took a long time signing and talking to people, and even joked about all the wet Playbills! Finally after about 45 minutes, the security guys came out and said Clay had already left, and they took the barricade down.

Three quarters of the difference of the PR to me is simply the reaction of the fandom - there doesn't seem to be the wholesale pissing on everything and hating on everyone from Jaymes to old PR dude to Clive to ATDW. I still will resist to make ATDW something less than it is - because, damn that's some pretty stuff. I like the pretty.

And fan enthusiasm fuels enthusiasm beyond the hard core fandom. Hooray!!

Just wanted to say AMEN. Preach it sistahs.............

And in my opinion, the pissing started a good ways before the ATWD release - at Jaymes and how she got totally whacked at OFC - the fairly unsubstantiated stuff about how the old PR rep just dissed Clay (or hated Clay or undermined Clay or whatever) - at Team Clay for apparently hating on the West Coast during tour planning. The fandom had got in the habit of tracking down rumors and HATING stuff before it even happened (What? A second Xmas tour? What was wrong with him? What? Some sort of crappy OLDIES tour? What was wrong with him? What? Showing up on AI5? What was wrong with him? What? A second Xmas tour? What was wrong with him? Why the hell the Insider gig? What was wrong with him? What? More symphonies? What was wrong with him?) It was like a frickin' drumbeat through the fandom - and frankly the fan board wars were almost worse than any of the external people.

Ya wanna talk about a throwaway? The All Is Well EP. Now that didn't get PR, as far as I can tell marketed strictly for the fans - they only pressed what, 50K? And sold every one of them. And one of the most gorgeous musical things I own.

What? No one reads my posts! I already said I kicked Clay's Word Jumble butt (the only one that I drew a complete blank on was Silent Night but eventually I triumphed!

I CANNOT believe I have actually registered for OVC for one Clay Aiken. I don't buy stuff off TV, not even that wonderful Pocket Fisherman or Ginsu knives or a Bass-o-matic!

I CANNOT believe I have actually registered for OVC for one Clay Aiken. I don't buy stuff off TV, not even that wonderful Pocket Fisherman or Ginsu knives or a Bass-o-matic!

Why don't I believe you!

OK when somebody rips those Clyra pictures and makes them so even I can see them? Please please please bring them over. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I noticed Muski ignored my whining about Clyra part 2. That's fine. I'll just whine at her in person.

*vows to renew minionship to KAndre*

But if it's at an airport, no problem, right? And how is that iGallop anyway?

OK when somebody rips those Clyra pictures and makes them so even I can see them? Please please please bring them over. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sadly, that may be a problem now. They've disabled the "right click and save" on all their high res pictures.

The Gupta Media link is also showing up in the paid sponsor results on Good Search! :clap:

And I wanna see the Clay & Tyra pics, too!!!

And in my opinion, the pissing started a good ways before the ATWD release - at Jaymes and how she got totally whacked at OFC - the fairly unsubstantiated stuff about how the old PR rep just dissed Clay (or hated Clay or undermined Clay or whatever) - at Team Clay for apparently hating on the West Coast during tour planning. The fandom had got in the habit of tracking down rumors and HATING stuff before it even happened (What? A second Xmas tour? What was wrong with him? What? Some sort of crappy OLDIES tour? What was wrong with him? What? Showing up on AI5? What was wrong with him? What? A second Xmas tour? What was wrong with him? Why the hell the Insider gig? What was wrong with him? What? More symphonies? What was wrong with him?) It was like a frickin' drumbeat through the fandom - and frankly the fan board wars were almost worse than any of the external people.

WOW I was blissfully unaware of all this!

All I know about ATDW is that I am able to listen some of the most beautiful songs ever written, performed by my favorite singer.

The fact that they were previously hits by someone else meant that I knew and loved those songs before ATDW, and I now know and love them even MORE, because they are sung Clay Aiken. That's all that matters to me.

All I know about ATDW is that I am able to listen some of the most beautiful songs ever written, performed by my favorite singer.

The fact that they were previously hits by someone else meant that I knew and loved those songs before ATDW, and I now know and love them even MORE, because they are sung Clay Aiken. That's all that matters to me.

Awwwww, I love newbies to the fandom. It's like seeing the world through a childs eyes. *sigh*

Thanks claytonic.

WORD. There's still some pissing but nothing near the proportions of the ATDW trashing that went on. Thank God.

Word scrambler doesn't work for me pout

Where is FC and the insiders when you need someone to make trouble. The rock stah fans appear disappointed, but expectations should be based on history rather than wishes.

To those flying, take care and check check check. It is getting frustrating with all the cancellations.

The new song still does not show on media base, but maybe they only count songs taht have benn officially released. I just can't do the initial/acronym thing, all those letters blur together in an - I have to stop and spend a few minutes translating this before I read more - way.

What? WHAT?

There are pictures of Clay and Tyra holding hands? Where? Why haven't I seen them? Where are they? How the hell am I supposed to be inspired to write if I don't have some pictures to get things flowing? Huh?

Where are they? :fca:

I had a whole different outlook on ATDW than a lot of people did I guess. I had kind of checked out on "popular music" in the mid to late 70's. I listened more to country for a while. So, even though I'd heard some of the songs on ATDW, I hadn't heard them very much at all, and some of the covers were completely new to me. So, while it was considered a lowly covers cd by some, to me it was new music from Clay. The covers idea never bothered me, just like the JBT never bothered me, after all, I fell in love with Clay singing covers.

I will always look forward to new music from Clay, but I will also always cherish the "old" music we have from Clay going all the way back to the demo cds.

I told ldyj in a pm a while back that from time to time we get into a discussion on the board about, why Clay? what is it about him? I think it is this, that for those of us who saw it, we saw a multi talented multi dimensional guy who could do anything he set his mind to. One who would be willing to share so much with those who would let him in, and that I understand more as time goes on what (was it Amarillis) who said "You ain't seen nothing yet" Even with the time that has passed since she said that, I still believe it and......Lord help us.

Hi y'all - any Clyra Clack yet??? :D

I just got off the phone with ausdon (thanks claytonic!) and we made plans to go downtown on Sat and meet them and go to a museum and out to eat. Tomorrow they are going on a bus tour which starts at 7:30 am and ends at 5 pm!! WHEW! Not sure I would want to do that!

They'll be pooped!!

Back to catching up!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: