#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

I loved that GDLA interview...he was very comfortable and natural. I also like how the anchor woman went up to him to say how she loves OMWH...I think it really is reaching out to a lot of people.

yeah they talked about AI but it was a clay centric discussion...it didn't become about the current show but about him and his success.

He really needs his own talk show!!!

I really like this blond look now..

There is a story going around a few of the other boards that the singer scheduled for the same night as Clay on Kimmel has been cancelled. Hmmmmm......

OH YESSSS! NO! :cryingwlaughter:

Ooooh....wouldn't it be great if that singer had been slotted to sing like...oh maybe four songs? Heee! Clay could sing OMWH and then Fallin' then The Real Me then Ashes....

:Thud:

and yes, I do realize that posts like this are how rumors grow....

:yourpointsmile:

:whistling-1:

I think it is more normal for people NOT to follow an idol after their season after it is over than to follow them. So it's not surpring that she doesn't know where Ruben is..It's just a TV show for most and once it's over they look forward to the next season. Everybody around me in my life was a Ruben fan. I'm the only one that lost my mind with this whole thing and I still give that credit to my sister because she insisted I watch.

Bottle I think you hit it right on the head. I bet a lot of those outlets that used Clay on their newcasts did it as an Idol feature. Every year Clay gets press because of Idol whether he has something to sale or not.

Ooooh....wouldn't it be great if that singer had been slotted to sing like...oh maybe four songs? Heee! Clay could sing OMWH and then Fallin' then The Real Me then Ashes....

MUPPET SONG MUPPET SONG MUPPET SONG

:oh:

:yapyapyapf:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:Ahh:

well you've just earned all sorts of CG love with this one.

I think it is more normal for people NOT to follow an idol after their season after it is over than to follow them. So it's not surpring that she doesn't know where Ruben is..It's just a TV show for most and once it's over they look forward to the next season. Everybody around me in my life was a Ruben fan. I'm the only one that lost my mind with this whole thing and I still give that credit to my sister because she insisted I watch.

Bottle I think you hit it right on the head. I bet a lot of those outlets that used Clay on their newcasts did it as an Idol feature. Every year Clay gets press because of Idol whether he has something to sale or not.

ITA with you and Bottle...and I think its brilliant that Clay does not actually watch cos quickly it turns back to him or just commentary of the process in general.

IF Clay would sing four songs live I would wish for...OMWH, WIDTL, WOTW, Sacrificial Love...

oh finally heard WINY...I like the song and his voice...but don;t like the dated production and instrumentation. Even if this was done for MOAM it was still very old fashioned...IMO, no wonder they didn't add it.

If the ticketing place is canceling the mini concert, I doubt if Clay could sing 4 songs. They seem to be removing the outside concert. let's air out of everyone's balloon

Jillian harped on Ruben for 4 count'em 4 years and generally degraded Clay when he was on because he didn't win, she did this in front of him and behind his back and after he interviewed.....

I think we need shows like Carol Burnett again. If I had a choice for shows for Clay, it would be like that or it would be like the before your time Danny Kaye specials where there was singing and dancing and comedy and a little bit of UNICEF. Thiose shows were demanding and expensive, so I guess we won't see them anymore.

OMWH, TRM, ALAWH, EIDN My favorites are forming.

I really love As Long as We're Here -- the music on this song actually rivals the voice for my attention and that is unusual.

Eh can't get worked up about Jillian. I doubt it meant much to her then... and probably would be more than thrilled that somebody remembered her. She's nobody.

Oh Yes!!! (tm Sir Robin)

well you've just earned all sorts of CG love with this one.

You bet she did!!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I LOVE my Muppet song!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know why, but I do!!

It wouldn't surprise me if Kimmel asked Clay to sing since he is, you know, a singer with a new CD out who is going to be there anyway and I am sure the only reason he wasn't singing is because they didn't have a slot for him. But whether he could get everyone together and rehearse in time is another thing. He did do OMWH, SAU, EIDN, WIDTL and TRM on QVC so it wouldn't be like they have never done it before, but it is really short notice. But even if he doesn't sing, that would give them more time to at least talk to him and that's a good thing too!

If Clay actually sang at Kimmel (which remains a BIG HUGE IF), I would expect it would be OMWH and about a minute of something else that gets interrupted to our eternal chagrin. (Yeah, the Kyrie cut-off from 4 years ago still rankles... :glare: )

Seriously - what has he already sung live? OMWH, Where I Draw the Line, Everything I Don't Need, Something About Us, and The Real Me on QVC with limited backing, and then OMWH and Fallen with the full band. I would expect them to perform something out of this pool, if Clay really were to sing on Kimmel.

IF IF IF

ETA: To hand the shared brain back to CG for the rest of the day... :imgtongue:

Ansamcw

oh finally heard WINY...I like the song and his voice...but don;t like the dated production and instrumentation. Even if this was done for MOAM it was still very old fashioned...IMO, no wonder they didn't add it.

I for one am glad that WINY was included as a bonus track because I love it. You know how some of the extended notes Clay sings can just grab your heart? That's how the last "eyes" of "When I need love I just close my eyes" affects me. Maybe WINY was included for those who do love an old fashioned song.

So when was it recorded? Back in 2003?

The Eternal Sisterhood of the Traveling Muppet song -- me, CG, and bottlecap. *g*

Just finished listening to ALAWH (as well as half the album) on my 25 minute walk. Here are my thoughts on that song: I really, really love the drum build up to "let's stop now" in the first verse. The addition of the Celtic violin after the chorus is inspired, and I can't wait to hear that live. The 3/4 time makes me sway to the music, a LOT. But I think my whole favorite begins with "when you're with me..." It's so soft, so caressing, so gentle...and then it builds...and builds...and builds...to something almost raw to me, with his wailing voice. There's so much emotion in that little section, I can feel it in my gut. I'm thrilled by the song.

I'm not getting my hopes up at ALL for any kind of singing gig for Kimmel. Sure, it would be nice, and I think he could pull off OMWH rather quickly. Past that? As bottle says, we'd probably get performus interruptus anyway...

I'll take Keith Urban over Toby Keith any day.

Clayzorback... who wouldn't... Keith Urban is HOT, even tho I have never heard him sing and I have heard Toby Keith once, I'd especially take Keith Urban, unheard. :cryingwlaughter:

Damn, my stream quit and I had to restart it. I missed the green room part.

New RCA press release! :clap:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....3534&EDATE=

RCA Music Group Dominates the Billboard Top 10 Album Chart

Clay Aiken's On My Way Here Debuts at #4

Leona Lewis at #6 with SPIRIT

Gavin DeGraw's Self Titled Sophomore Album Debuts at #7

NEW YORK, May 14 /PRNewswire/ - RCA Music Group artists dominate the Billboard album chart this week with three of the country's Top Ten best-selling albums. Additionally, RCA Label Group tops the Digital Album Chart with GAVIN DEGRAW at #1, Clay Aiken's ON MY WAY HERE at #3, and Leona Lewis's SPIRIT at #4.

Clay Aiken's RCA Records/19 Recordings, ON MY WAY HERE debuts this week at #4 with 94,071 units sold this week, making this Aiken's fourth Top 5 debut. Released on May 6th, ON MY WAY HERE is Aiken's fourth album and his first album of original songs since his 2003 chart topping, double platinum debut Measure of a Man. The title track and first single from the album "On My Way Here" debuted at #1 on the AOL streaming chart week of release, rocketed to #1 on the Amazon chart the week it was made available as a pre-release, and debuted at #1 on the Amazon download chart the day it was released. Aiken appeared on Good Morning America, The View, The Today Show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, AOL Sessions, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, Insider, Extra!, E!, CNN, ABC Nightline, Fox News, and CBS News Path, all the week of release....

luckiest... LOVE this press release! Hope it gets used! YUM! So, he got #3 afterall... in downloads.

Of all the sacrifices I've made for Clay and all the money I've spent and all the time I've invested, THIS is the WORST--sitting through this frigging stupid LA show and listening to these inane reporters. Jesus Christ.

wanda... sorry!... this is why I usually tivo and fast forward thru a lot. He's almost always last. Saves my last nerves a lot.

As Long As We're Here is sonically (hehe) the best song on the cd (not counting LAA... I mean of the new music). It builds and builds until I'm pounding the steering wheel in time with the song. I LOVE his wailing on it. Just love everything about it. It has been my favorite since the first run-thru. FIENY is #2 for me for its complexity, with third place being a never ending toss up among many, but ALAWH is numero uno.

The lyrics are great, too. It talks about how we all build walls to protect ourselves and how we could have it all if we'd just tear those walls down. They protect us from the possibility of hurt, but also the possibility of wonderfulness, too. That hits home for me! I LOVE this song the bestest!!!

KAndre... I'm sorry you got canceled. Me, too, but at least I don't have an airline ticket to put on hold. You're coming for Kimmel, yes? I would like to meet you if I get a chance! I can't wait!

Ansamcw

I for one am glad that WINY was included as a bonus track because I love it. You know how some of the extended notes Clay sings can just grab your heart? That's how the last "eyes" of "When I need love I just close my eyes" affects me. Maybe WINY was included for those who do love an old fashioned song.

So when was it recorded? Back in 2003?

Oh I am glad we have it as an extra too...sorry if it seem like I didn't really like it. I think I should've used the term retro instead of old fashioned. I just understand why it was not part of MOAM because they wanted MOAM to appeal to a younger audience at the time, thats why all the covers that were supposed to be part of it was excluded.

as I said I basically like the song and his voice was great...love the fade out and the wailing he was doing at the end, I was only bugged by some of the instrumentation. I also think he didn't include it on ATDW cos Clay really wanted re-invent the covers he did in that CD and this production didn't sound very new. In the end...I won't be skipping it ...and I'm glad we finally have it. I also think he did To Love Somebody at the time. I seem to remember an interview where he said he was recording this in Miami...or was I dreaming that...it seem so long ago!

Annabear..my shoes arrived. Thank you!!

Wow - that was fast! You're welcome. :)

In case I haven't mentioned it before, I work with a bunch of IDIOTS! On what planet is David A. "much better than Clay Aiken"??? :mallet:

I love Clay Aiken. I'd love to hear Clay do an entire interview without putting himself down--even in jest. I betcha he can't even do it! :cryingwlaughter: It's part of his nature (after a lifetime of defense building, I proclaim from my armchair psychologist's seat :whistling-1: ), I know, and in some ways it's charming. I imagine, too, that for the people who might NOT be changing their work schedule to fit ALL of his interviews on tv and radio (BAD Clay fans! :lmaosmiley-1: ), hearing these self-deprecating comments doesn't even register as anything but 'cute' or 'humble', so that's a good thing.

Me? I'd be a happy camper if I never heard him answer a question using the royal 'we' again or said something dismissive about his looks...

But ain't gonna happen, so I'll just look forward to the next interview! :lilredani:

Dayum, he's looking fine these days! Leno...GDLA...HAWT! :hubbahubba:

Just watched the GDLA clip; it was very good, but I do get tired of the AI talk...and yeah, I know, it will probably follow him for eternity.

Kim

So, I asked this question earlier and didn't see it answered. Is this the first time the Good Day LA people have met Clay in person? I'm just wondering if their change in attitude is due to that 'Clay Aiken in real life' shock factor. Not only do people realize he's 'that tall', but they also learn he's 'that nice, that charming, that smart, that funny, that handsome, that charismatic'. Seems like he managed to charm Jillian. Hope that creates a different reaction from her (from all of them) in the future when his name comes up on-air.

I made some security changes on my NYC photo album which should make it easier to navigate. One thing I can say about SmugMug...their customer service is excellent.

So, didn't he do another LA morning show...I remember him being all cute and talking about politics. This wasn't good day LA?

Muski..it IS in his nature. I think you hit the nail on the head though... for those that don't follow him I doubt it registers. I kinda like the humor. I think it works for him big time. I've never heard anyone else do the we's.. is it a regional thing, does anyone know. That for me is uniquely Clay.

Regional thing? Never heard of that. I actually think it's an extension of his self-deprecation tendencies--doesn't want to draw attention to himself or hint that anything he's accomplished has been a solo act, etc. It's just....annoying to me.

Hey! Did y'all see that the BAF is the highlighted charity on the goodsearch.com website? And they have the boy-next-door-in-vest pic from the OMWH photo shoot collection! See?

Goodsearch.com

ETA: me too, Iseeme...

It does kind of bother me that Jay is all nice to his face, and then makes the gay jokes at later shows.
But I guess 'That's Show Biz!" :glare: