# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

:happybirthday01:Clay!!! :wub:

Shows I could watch any time...anything with Gordon Ramsay. Will & Grace. Old Nickelodeon cartoons (ones I grew up on like Rocko, Hey Arnold). Big Bang Theory, of course too. And one of my biggest guilty pleasures...David Tutera. *g* I want him to do my wedding someday. LOL

I am spending my morning cataloging...Cake Pans! Yes, our Library Director saw an article about a Library in Iowa that was doing this and decided we should too. Not sure how well they will circulate..these are the Wilton fancy cake pans..princesses, a horse, a bear, etc....I have about 15 total. We had to order various size bags to put them in since we can't actually label the pans and I have to copy all the instructions..talk about a pain in the butt. I hope she doesn't get anymore bright ideas.

In other Clay news..very interesting tweet from CV via the Conclayve:

Bringing this over from The ConClayve, originally posted there by nyama.

MadisonAinsley Madison

Just asked to align my product with Clay Aiken. Is this my life? Am I dreaming? I love my product and Clay Aiken. Seems she's a "media planner" in NYC and the product whose commercial she apparently launched (looking at her timeline) and that she's mentioned a few times in other tweets is Samsung. Of course she could have other products she's working with, also. Or it could just be random. Hmmmmm.........

Via the Clack House:

Nice birthday recognition Tweet from UNICEF (posted at CV):
unicefusaUNICEF USA

Happy Birthday to UNICEF Ambassador @ClayAiken! Thanks for everything you do for the world's children!

Broadway League Tweet (posted at CC):

TheBwayLeague The Broadway League

Wishing a wonderful bday to @ClayAiken, Dick Clark, David Mamet, Mandy Patinkin & @RedHourBen. bit.ly/v9RsMx

10 minutes ago

aikim, my niece lives in Iowa and uses that library. I've visited it, and IMO, your director has a good idea going. From what I was told, those pans circulate all the time. So many people have kids who want "special" cakes, but no one wants the expense of buying a special pan, only to use it once. Hence, the idea of circulating these pans...

Via the Clack House:

Nice birthday recognition Tweet from UNICEF (posted at CV):
unicefusaUNICEF USA

Happy Birthday to UNICEF Ambassador @ClayAiken! Thanks for everything you do for the world's children!

Broadway League Tweet (posted at CC):

TheBwayLeague The Broadway League

Wishing a wonderful bday to @ClayAiken, Dick Clark, David Mamet, Mandy Patinkin & @RedHourBen. bit.ly/v9RsMx

10 minutes ago

aikim, my niece lives in Iowa and uses that library. I've visited it, and IMO, your director has a good idea going. From what I was told, those pans circulate all the time. So many people have kids who want "special" cakes, but no one wants the expense of buying a special pan, only to use it once. Hence, the idea of circulating these pans...

I hope so..took me all day to get them cataloged, bagged and labeled. We are also buying a dishwasher so we can clean then when they get back. I will let you know how they do once they are on shelf.

Kim

:GM_FCA:

Happy Birthday Clay!

3 Days until The True Colors Concert! :yahoo:

8 Days until The Gala!:yahoo:

30 Days until January and The New Single! :yahoo:

73 Days until the Premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!...:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I don't do a lot of repeat viewing of tv shows. The one I will watch is Frasier which never fails to crack me up. I'm SO disappointed in Kelsey Grammar's new drama show. I gave it 6 shots because I'm such a fan but it is a train wreck. But I have watched Homefront many times over the years and I'm working on second viewing of The Wire. These are my two favorite shows of all time.

Hope Clay had a very happy birthday. How old is he now? 32?

Anyone here attending the Cyndi Lauper charity event on the 4th?

:meme:

I'm going and I can't wait. My one sister is coming with me. She's the one that I more consistently like so I'm excited. She's never been to NYC so I'm going to give her a short tour. Time Square, Macy's windows, and Rockefeller Center are on the list. And then we get to see the man.

jealous,jealous, justclay. Have a fantastic time. Give Clay a standing o for us.

We backed out of buying the house as we weren't sure when we would sell ours. I was stressing out and decided it wasn't worth it. It is agreat house and a really good price but not worth my health. C'est la vie. Looking forward to the Gala again as now I can afford to eat instead of bringing nabs. :cryingwlaughter:

Gala 2011 Auction Preview

2011 Champions Gala Auction Preview

December 10, 2011

We look forward to hosting you at the National Inclusion Project's annual Champions Gala. Below is a preview of some of the items available in our auctions. Select items are available for bid online prior to the Gala. Auction proceeds will further support the Project's mission of inclusion for all children.

Bidding Information:

If you wish to bid on an item, click underneath the description of the item on which you wish to bid, where it says *Click here to bid online*. Please submit ONE bid per email. Any bids under the minimum bids will not be counted.

GALA REHEARSAL PACKAGE (2 Packages Available)

Available for those attending the 2011 Champions Gala, each Gala Rehearsal Package includes opportunity for one supporter to enjoy an exclusive seat at the Gala Dress Rehearsal at the Fletcher Auditorium on Saturday, December 10 at 10:30am.

Minimum Bid per Package: $500

Current Bid for Package #1:

Current Bid for Package #2:

In the body of your email, fill out the information requested. You will not receive a response to your bid entry. Please check the website for bid updates. In the case of two or more people entering the same bid prior to an update, the bidder who bid first will be the one counted. Bidding will end at 12:00pm on Friday, December 9.

COSTA RICA VACATION PACKAGE

www.shelterfromthestormvillas.com

Details:

• 7 nights at Beautiful Villa Las Rocas and Villa Arriba
  • 2 suites sleep 2 each
  • Available May 1 2012 - Dec 1, 2012
  • Value: $2,000; Minimum Bid: $1,000

The highest internet bid will be treated as a sealed bid at the silent auction. If no one bids higher at the gala, the highest internet bidder will be awarded the prize. Bidding will end at 12:00pm on Friday, December 9. If you win, you will be notified by Wednesday, December 14.

The following raffle items will be offered for $20 per ticket or 6 tickets for $100.

• 2 VIP Tickets to the 2012 Champions Gala
  • 40" Samsung LED TV
  • Victorian Style Christmas Quilt – a 5' x 6' wall hanging

The following are just a sample of some of the great auction items that will be available:

• I Love New York Package including: NYC Guided Walking Tour gift card, Tiffany Keys Trefoil Key pendant in sterling silver, 20" oval link chain, $50 Hertz rental voucher, $500 Marriott hotel gift card, $125 Marriott gift card, $100 American Express card, Broadway Gift card (Total Value: $1,370; Start bid: $685)
  • Perry's Jewelry Pearl and Diamond Drop Earrings (Value: $1,525; Start bid: $750)
  • Toronto Walking Tour Package including: Toronto walking tour, Fran's Restaurant gift certificate, Hotel gift certificate (Total Value: $325; Start bid: $160)
  • T-Shirt Quilt - Original Design 65x80": Hand crafted T-shirt quilt using 10 Clay Aiken/American Idol T-shirt squares in a patchwork pattern (Value: $200; Start bid: $100)
  • Disney Package including: 4 one-day park hopper cards, Gift certificate for 1 room for 2- to 3-night stay (Total value: $1,080; Start bid $540)
  • General Hospital Autographed Script plus complete Scrapbook (Value: Priceless; Start bid: $100)
  • Dragon*Con pins signed by Meghan Mulgrew from Star Trek plus Dragon*Con book (Value: Priceless; Start bid: $100)

ETA:

WE DID IT!!!!

Pepsi Refresh Project

EnsurechildrenwithdisabilitiesdonotsitonthesidelinesPepsiRefreshProject.png

Anyone besides me have a subscription to Sirius XM radio? The 80's on 8 Channel is interviewing Cyndi Lauper tomorrow about the Home for the Holidays concert on Sunday:

Sirius XM 80's on 8

Cyndi Lauper hangs with Original VJ Mark Goodman

Tomorrow 7:00 am ET Cyndi is gearing up for her “Home For The Holiday’s” benefit concert on December 4th in NYC. Listen in as she stops by the Big 80s on 8 studio a few day before to talk with Mark Goodman about the concert, the cause and all the stars involved! (1 hr)

Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 9:00 am ET; Tomorrow 7:00 pm ET

2 Days until The True Colors Concert! :yahoo:

7 Days until The Gala!:yahoo:

29 Days until January and The New Single! :yahoo:

72 Days until the Premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!...:yahoo:

Kim

Only slightly on-topic:

Everyone Who Used Ticketmaster in the Last 12 Years is Getting a Refund

OK, so it's only $1.50 a ticket, but for some of us...heh.

*off to look at my TM orders for the past 12 years to see how much I can get!*

Heh...34 sets of tickets in the past 6 years, and that doesn't include many of my Clay shows from earlier than that. I'm getting at least $51 back!

Whoops. Just read the fine print. At most $25. But still!

Only slightly on-topic:

Everyone Who Used Ticketmaster in the Last 12 Years is Getting a Refund

OK, so it's only $1.50 a ticket, but for some of us...heh.

*off to look at my TM orders for the past 12 years to see how much I can get!*

Heh...34 sets of tickets in the past 6 years, and that doesn't include many of my Clay shows from earlier than that. I'm getting at least $51 back!

Whoops. Just read the fine print. At most $25. But still!

$25? I should qualify for that!! When are they cutting the checks LOL.

Congrats on all getting their ticket in the mail. Can't wait to read the reports.

Is it a two day event this time?

I don't watch many shows more than once. When I need a laugh I'll watch a rerun of Frasier. My two favorite shows of all time are The Wire and Homefront and I'll watch those from time to time. Homefront has some of the best dialogue ever and the way it infused historical events into their storylines was made of win!! And The Wire hit on such an emotional raw level

Well I'm off for a week. Looking forward to my vacation!!

Hey couchie, last year they added Friday night for those with Gold and Silver tickets. It was a performance by a school group that practiced inclusion, a speech by a very young and extremely articulate girl who has a disability and a question and answer period with Clay and Diane Bubel. Afterwards we had dessert.

In previous years Saturday was dinner, auction, introduction and sometimes performances of and by the honorees and ending with a performance by Clay. This year it is the childrens' carnival Saturday morning, lunch at the hotel, and everything else in the early evening at a theatre, ending with a concert by Clay. Sunday morning is a roundtable with Aron and Jerry for those interested in the methods of inclusion and ideas for fundraising. This year FromClaygary is doing a bus tour of Raleigh during the day Friday as a fund raiser for those interested in touring various sights in and near Raleigh. Two buses have been filled up.

Two fundraisers that one can participate in without being at the Gala is buying various fun shaped pasta on line and the silent auction on line. I think ldyj has previously posted the links.

Hello, hello is anyone home? :cryingwlaughter:

1 Days until The True Colors Concert! :yahoo:

6 Days until The Gala!:yahoo:

28 Days until January and The New Single! :yahoo:

71 Days until the Premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!...:yahoo:

Kim

The kids just left for the weekend (not that they spend much time here anymore but they are in and out) so I am going to put the Xmas music on loud and try to get into the Xmas spirit today. The boxes full of decorations, etc are in the middle of the living room. I need inspiration. :rockinkitty::cryingwlaughter:

Off topic: if anyone wants to see the project at our house we started last summer, and pretty much finally completed 2 weeks ago, check out this link:

Remodeling summer 2011

One week. Only one more week. And so much to do! luckiest, my husband brought out our tree last night, and I'll be decorating it this weekend. It's still a little early for me, but since I can't do anything next weekend...

2 hours until Austin gets here for the night and the house is done! Been up since 7:00 cleaning (can't have him crawling on dirty floors!), doing laundery and finishing the Christmas decorating. I asked hubby on Thursday to get out all the Christmas decorations and he got out everything but the tree..he works Fridays and Saturdays, so I had to get it out of the shed myself. Had to move bikes and whatnot out of the way so I could get a stepladder in there so I could get to the shelf where the tree was..luckily he did not have a lot of stuff piled on it. He was surprised when he got home today and it was all done! So tree is decorated..all non-breakable ornaments..between the baby and the cats and the dog, I am not taking any chances. With all the renovating we have been doing, I have not been able to put up a tree in several years, so I am thrilled this year to be able to decorate. Of course, now I need to take a nap before Austin get here!

Kim