# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Hey everyone!

I like that Clay is so supportive (and loyal) to his friends. I like to think that Clay is loyal to us too, even if his path may be taking him in a different direction...

Hubby and I are off to a work-related trip for hubby tomorrow. We'll be in the car for 8 hours tomorrow. Yikes.

And then, next week -- I have one work day on Tuesday, and then I'm flying to Philadelphia for a work related trip for me. Craziness!

Have a good weekend all!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It was so nice here today, in the 70s. But I spent the day working and still unpacking. After 2 weeks my room is done. Well I still have to hang all my pictures. I'm having guests over tomorrow for a football party. I'm making pulled pork crockpot style. Best thing that happened today was that I found my Broadway Cares Easter Bonnet DVD. That performance with Hannah is in my top whatever ha ha.

Great job moving in couchie. We've been here 8 months and if it weren't for the attic and garage I'd be crawling over boxes to get around. All the closets are full too.

I know many aren't interested in politics, but I'm starting to go through Clay's songs to see what would be appropriate for a campaign song. I also dreamt that reporters were at my front door asking what a fan thinks about Clay running. :thinking: Can't imagine what I'll be like when he is in full campaign mode.

• Like 1

Hubby and I made it back yesterday safely. It was a day that we drove through almost every type of weather possible -- sun, rain (especially around the nasty traffic that was St. Louis) and snow. It didn't help matters that we were in a "company" car, so neither my husband nor I were familiar with all the ins and outs of how it worked. (A bonus, though: Sirius XM radio!) We came home last night and promptly fell asleep.

I think that guy up there in the photos is, well, rather amazing looking. Wouldn't you say?

• Like 1

Bitter cold this morning, after a slick snowfall last night. I made it work, as this is the first day of classes at my college. Most of us made it actually, but were late because of the road conditions!

And I get to FLY in this tomorrow -- to Philadelphia! I'm gonna be gone and pretty much unavailable for the rest of the week. I will have my phone and my iPad, but not a lot of time to stalking Clay online!

Today's high is -20C with the windchill. I'd like some whine with my cheese please. I'm trying to find the motivation to go back to Aqua Zumba after 2 weeks' absence, but it's missing. I just want to stay under the covers.

My iPod is choosing to play me a lot of Clay lately. I wonder what's going on with him.

Pretty cool here but at least not in the minuses. We missed getting any snow here yesterday.

I'm guessing that Clay is extremely busy on the phone and internet getting all his ducks in a row assuming that he has decided to run. I would love his campaign song to be ALAWH but I'll bet he would choose one of Rubens or Kellys . I'd be fascinated observing all the little details, like what color tie he'd wear or fitted or loose fitting suit, Striped sox or black. What issues he will focus on. Hearing nim talk about economics.

Good morning! I made it Philadelphia, mostly without problems. The only discomfort was sitting on the tarmac in Chicago for an hour while waiting for a gate to open up! But thry gave us more drinks, so it was OK. Then, i had to hurry to catch my next flight, but I have had worse runs in airports!

Today in Philly, I don't have my meeting until 1, but it is so freakin' cold that I probably won't do any sightseeing! Too bad, as I have never been here before.

From CV:

WRAL NEWS in NC ‏@WRAL 1m

Just In: Sources: Clay Aiken prepping for congressional bid to challenge Ellmers http://www.wral.com/12706857/?break_id=8728 … #breaking

Carolina Democrats ‏@NCDemocrats 44s

Clay Aiken prepping for congressional bid to challenge Ellmers :http://WRAL.com http://ow.ly/sSFbT So the rumor was true? #ncpol

WRAL NEWS in NC ‏@WRAL 57s

Looking very likely #ClayAiken WILL run for congress. Sources tell @WRAL he's assembling political team. Announcement next month.

New Raleigh ‏@NewRaleigh 1m

Clay Aiken assembling political team, WRAL reports.

and from Facebook

Just In: Pop singer Clay Aiken is assembling a political team to seek the Democratic nomination in North Carolina's 2nd Congressional District, sources have told WRAL News. A formal announcement is expected next month. The seat is currently held by Republican Congresswoman Renee Ellmers.

Follow the latest developments at http://www.wral.com/12706857/?break_id=8728

I agree Fear (sorry, on iPad, cannot bold easily). Gonna be an interesting ride!

From CV:

Clay it out at the theater tonight

Alison Faries ‏@AlisonFaries 3m

At the DPAC for "Once"...and Clay Aiken is sitting behind us, haha! #betterseatsthanclay

OT: good news at my library today, we were selected for a national library award! It will definitely raise our profile at our college,finally!

• Like 1

I wanna see Clay!

Went out to eat tonight and in the middle of it the power in the whole block went out! We used our iPhones and had a great time. The staff must have thought we were weird when my dd started making shadow puppets!

Brr it's getting cold here. It's going to be 32 tonight!